Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I went and asked my Mother in Law in England to get this for me, I'll wire her the money to cover the costs, etc. She's due to come over Sept and again at Christmas, so I should surely have a ReAura by year's end. Smile

Can't wait forever for the U.S. version and she'll just bring it over on one of her flights. Smile

Great Whitewolf, I hope you like it. I think it is going to be a good investment for me even though it does cost a lot of money.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Well, looks like they are giving my Mother in Law a hard time about ordering. Now they want me to call them. It's just turning out to be this huge ordeal. Now I am wondering about going direct to Philips? Instead of SpaceNK?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Okay, ignore my post, I sorted it all out. Probably got them all confused some, haha, but it's all worked out (just stuff to do with me wanting it here while she's over there).
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, just a quick post. I did my 1st neck treatment last night and it was fine. I was expecting it to hurt more than on the face because some people on the ReAura site said it hurt the most. In the past when I did dermarolling with .02 and .05 size rollers my neck always hurt more than my face also so it was a pleasant surprise that it really was no problem. I tend to have a high tolerance for pain so your results may vary. Good luck everyone. Smile

Thanks Mismis for the tip about doing the bridge of the nose. I was able to get contact when I turned it sideways. Not easy but doable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if anyone wanted to buy me one of these as a gift?
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cookie,

How long have you been using dermarolling? Does it live up to what you expect?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Cookie,

How long have you been using dermarolling? Does it live up to what you expect?

Hi Summer, I did "cosmetic" rolls with the smaller rollers probably 20-30 times. I don't think I did it long enough to see any differences and I never worked my way up to the bigger rollers. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Cookie,

Thx for your reply!

I may purchase 0.5mm & 1.0 mm rollers but think that ReAura may deliver faster result.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
So...I just read every single page of this thread & took lots of "mental notes", so thanks everyone! Smile

My Mother in Law will be bringing me my ReAura on her next visit, which is end of this month. However, I won't be using it till after I give birth (due with twins end of September, did IVF using donor eggs.) The good news is that I have not used any acids or Retinol for several months, just basic moisturizers and some AnteAge "here & there". Even my cleanser is basic, so I will be all set to go once the time is right. I glanced through the brochure (.pdf), doesn't say anything about breast feeding.

Anyway, really looking forward to being able to use this device. Smile I know it's a lot of money but my skin has taken such a beating this pregnancy that this will be better than serums.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Here is an article PhotoQueen posted in another thread. I thought it might be of interest since I never thought of the problems of taking antibiotics and the laser.

Also FYI, I was doing a treatment Sat. night on my face and neck. Finished my face part and put gel on my neck to start on it. The laser would not "fire" even though the red light was on. I thought it might need to be charged. Did that, still didn't work. Took the plastic cap thing off and cleaned it, still nothing. Thought maybe I had to much gel on, wiped some off-no dice. Finally I cleaned to laser window with a q-tip and cloth and it work great. It must have gotten a piece of dust on it and it wouldn't work. I do clean the laser window after I have finish a total treatment(end of the night) but since I had just done my face and was getting ready to do my neck, this didn't dawn on me. So if this happens to you it might be you need to just clean the laser window itself.

1 Philips RéAura Home Laser
The RéAura was developed with Fraxel (the company that developed the laser technology used in many salons) to stimulate production of collagen, the stretchy protein which becomes less elastic as we age, resulting in wrinkles. The RéAura forces pinpoints of light into the top layers of skin. The claimed result is to make skin look more youthful. Both Philips and the only stockists (Space NK) provide a skin assessment and access to skincare experts so users have full support.
Expert’s verdict “This laser is not as strong as we might use in a clinic, but don’t use it while you are on antibiotics or other drugs that can make skin more light-sensitive. I know a woman who took antibiotics and ended up with burns so bad that she needed a month off work. Afterwards your skin will be more delicate, so wear a good high-factor sunscreen. But, yes, this could work, and the access to support is impressive.”
Tester’s verdict “This is not a toy. After use I found that my skin was reddened, warm and tingling, just like after a salon treatment. But it is very easy to use and I’m expecting to see results over time. A well-conceived product.”
Time to use 10 minutes. Number of sessions advised: two weekly, for eight weeks.
Cost £799. From SpaceNK,www.philips.co.uk/c/skincare. (A new, cheaper version called the Tria costs £549 fromwww.triabeauty.co.uk)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/women_shealth/9453805/Anti-ageing-gadgets-Should-I-try-this-at-home.html

I did just notice the last sentence that says "a new cheaper version called the Tria". I wonder if they are from the same company?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I did another treatment last night but used the new ultra sound gel instead of the ReAura gel. My impressions are that it works fine for the treatment. The differences are that it dries out during the treatment(ReAura gel didn't) so I had to add more to my face while lasering. I used about 2 or 3 times as much new gel as I would have with RA gel. I was concerned that I get more red(maybe a little but probably more my imagination) or that something would go wrong with the treatment.(it didn't) Each area still took about the same time to do (which is good because that means to me that the RA works the same with this gel)and I wasn't red/pink for any longer period then I am with usually.

So overall I don't have a problem with this new gel but if I lived someplace where RA is sold I would probably just buy their gel (ease of use/over cautious) but since I don't that is not an option. This gel is dirt cheap compared to RA gel but the RA gel does last for awhile. I would wait until I was ready to do the "zone"( example face 3 zones) before I put it on your skin so maybe it doesn't dry out quite as fast.

Below is the person I bought mine from but I did find other sellers that had the same product. If anyone tries out a different gel that doesn't dry out as fast please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Parker-Laboratories-Aquasonic-Ultrasound-Bottle/dp/B000LSZGXM/ref=lh_ni_t

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Update
I'm on the last week of my face treatments(14 of
16) and #4 on my face

Results so far
Face-
1)Big improvement on brown sunspots(maybe 70%)
and left over acne red spots.
2)Better overall color of skin.
3)Smaller pores but started out as craters so I
still have a ways to go around nose and
forehead.
4)Decrease in the 1 crowfoot line I have on my
left eye.
5)Overall it looks like my face is fuller.

Areas of concern still
1)Want to totally get rid of my sunspots. Not
just 70%.
2)Continue on shrinking my pores.
3)Under Eye area. I have done an ok job (could
be better) of getting rid of my bags (not by
using RA) but am left with hatch lines under
my eyes now. I have not seen the kind of
results I would like yet and I am not sure that
I will by using RA. RA says not to use it in
under eye area. I do but for only 3 or 4 passes.
Most areas you probably do 20 or 30 passes.
4)NL lines seem to be improving but need more
progress.

Neck- no results yet but I've only done 4 treatment so it's to early. Would like to see improvement on my neck lines and a tightening of skin.

I do think I will have to do another round of treatments on my face after this series is over. RA says to wait a few weeks but I think I will wait more like 4 to 8 weeks before starting again. I want to give a chance for any growth of collagen to take effect. Overall I am happy with this purchase and would buy it again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Update
I'm on the last week of my face treatments(14 of
16) and #4 on my face

Results so far
Face-
1)Big improvement on brown sunspots(maybe 70%)
and left over acne red spots.
2)Better overall color of skin.
3)Smaller pores but started out as craters so I
still have a ways to go around nose and
forehead.
4)Decrease in the 1 crowfoot line I have on my
left eye.
5)Overall it looks like my face is fuller.

Areas of concern still
1)Want to totally get rid of my sunspots. Not
just 70%.
2)Continue on shrinking my pores.
3)Under Eye area. I have done an ok job (could
be better) of getting rid of my bags (not by
using RA) but am left with hatch lines under
my eyes now. I have not seen the kind of
results I would like yet and I am not sure that
I will by using RA. RA says not to use it in
under eye area. I do but for only 3 or 4 passes.
Most areas you probably do 20 or 30 passes.
4)NL lines seem to be improving but need more
progress.

Neck- no results yet but I've only done 4 treatment so it's to early. Would like to see improvement on my neck lines and a tightening of skin.

I do think I will have to do another round of treatments on my face after this series is over. RA says to wait a few weeks but I think I will wait more like 4 to 8 weeks before starting again. I want to give a chance for any growth of collagen to take effect. Overall I am happy with this purchase and would buy it again.

Sounds like it is going really well.

Pq

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
REAURA REPORT TWO WEEKS POST-TREATMENT (FIRST COURSE OF TREATMENT)
THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE REAURA:
- Results – Pore size has been dramatically reduced, some hormone-induced melasma has completely disappeared, there has been some subtle lifting around the N/L lines (including one incipient wrinkle which disappeared), a slight lift of the right eyebrow. Overall I would say that there is an indescribable but definitely noticeable increase in the thickness of the skin, dramatic improvement in the evenness of the skin tone and a “radiance” which I know is apparent because many people who do not know of my experiment have commented on it.
The two large actinic keratosis on my cheek have virtually disappeared. The skin on my neck and décolletage area has smoothed out considerably & become thicker reducing that “chicken skin” look. As on the face, virtually all the pigmented lesions have disappeared. Those who are younger may not fully appreciate how important having thicker skin is; as one ages no matter how carefully one treats the skin it gets a thin, papery crepe-like appearance and this is the most dramatic correction I have seen with anything I have tried.
- The ReAura was very easy to learn to use. I soon learned a few tricks to get the more difficult to treat areas on the nose and forehead. The timing feature and the sound & light system that confirm you are effectively treating an area are very helpful.
- The charge lasts quite a long time and I was able to treat my face, neck, décolletage and one forearm without having to stop and recharge.
- The aftercare product soothes, cools and brings down the inflammation very quickly.
- Treatment was not painful. Perhaps this is because I was the person holding the laser! It is not as strong as the professional machines, and I was immediately able to go to the highest setting. On reflection, I think my skin has responded better to a more frequent but lower energy treatments; certainly I was “presentable” within a few hours which was never the case with the professional treatments.
- The unit is compact and easy to take travelling in its tidy case.
THINGS I LIKE LESS ABOUT THE REAURA:
- The related accessory products are very expensive and not easy for me to get in North America. The laser gel is much more expensive than that I have seen from any other source, but Philips state they will not guarantee ReAura if used with any other brand product.
- The website is not easy to use, and not very informative either. I have learned more from other
- users (thank you C & P!).

IN CONCLUSION:
This is an effective and easy to use device. I think it is worth the cost. In the long run I think I will actually save money.
As a veteran of many courses of treatment with different types and levels of fractional laser, I believe that the benefits of this lower intensity device over time and dedicated use as outlined in the treatment manual yield results comparable to professional treatments.
I can hardly wait to see what successive courses of treatment will do. I have to let my skin rest now for a month, but a girl needs time to top up other beauty necessities as botox, fillers, etc. cannot be used within 2 weeks of treatments. As collagen remodeling takes about a month, my skin is probably still improving.
With the big six oh just a few weeks away I am pleased to find a tool that really does seem to turn back the hands of time.

I was going to post pics but on another forum it was pointed out that because they are on different warm/cool settings it was not a perfect way to compare results. I can say I am really pleased.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Great review mismis. You are a little bit ahead of me in my treatment schedule but I am seeing a lot of the same things that you have.

Did you ever use it in the eye socket area under your eye and if you did what were your results?
I am trying to get rid of the hatch lines under my eyes but am not getting great results from RA.
Do you think that this laser can get rid of the lines (not like plastic surgery) but so they look good. Or is that a pipe dream.

Thanks again for keeping us updated. It really does help since there is so little information from people using this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, I get as far in towards the lower eyelid as I can, which is probably different with every face. On the upper eye I can get quite a bit under the eyebrow as mine are high and I do think it has made some difference there, perhaps miniscule lift on one eyebrow. But early days, we can use this 2 months out of every 3. Can't wait to see what will happen after another session.

As for the crosshatching under the eye, I am a dedicated DIY person and do my own HA filler corrections (& let me strongly say that under the eyes is not a place to begin DIY injection experimentation). I spent most of yesterday doing small corrections here & there as I have only a small window before starting round 2. Filler is brilliant for under eyes, but tricky even for professionals. I used to use something called sudden lift under eye serum and it was good, just a drop and you are good to go.

That "radience" thing is hard to explain, but definitely there. In my pics it actually looks like I have gained weight though I have not, just like a small fat deposit has been placed under the skin.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great reviews, CookieD and mismis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:36 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Thanks for the great reviews, CookieD and mismis.

Great reviews.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
CookieD just as an aside about the under eye area, we in the uk had a BBC programme recently (I don't know if this link will work)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lbgrp
It showed photos of the under eye area of someone who had used a cream under development by l'oreal, using technology known as glycobiology. The photo was very impressive

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
CookieD just as an aside about the under eye area, we in the uk had a BBC programme recently (I don't know if this link will work)
It showed photos of the under eye area of someone who had used a cream under development by l'oreal, using technology known as glycobiology. The photo was very impressive

Thanks puddlelover, I will look into it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Is there any way people outside of the UK can purchase this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

You can call SpaceNK and order it over the phone, but you have to have it shipped to someone in the UK and then that person shipped it to you when they get it.(this saves that person from having to spend their money and you reimbursing them) If you don't know anyone over there you are probably out of luck. I did try to check into whether there was a shipping service that I could use but never found one that didn't ship big things like cars, furniture etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:

You can view the full program on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfSUT--vyXk

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Keliu wrote:

You can call SpaceNK and order it over the phone, but you have to have it shipped to someone in the UK and then that person shipped it to you when they get it.(this saves that person from having to spend their money and you reimbursing them) If you don't know anyone over there you are probably out of luck. I did try to check into whether there was a shipping service that I could use but never found one that didn't ship big things like cars, furniture etc.

I've organised a UK shipping address with a forwarding company. Will try and phone SpaceNK when the time difference allows - what a mission!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I've organised a UK shipping address with a forwarding company. Will try and phone SpaceNK when the time difference allows - what a mission!!

Good luck Keliu. I hope you are successful.

Thanks Lacy for the link.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |