Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
After spending a good part of the last two days on the web looking at Dr's, PS and dermatologist site I have not been able to find one site that recommended not using Vit C before, during or after fraxel treatments. Now I DID NOT find any sites recommending it(except 1) but when reading the treatment protocols and aftercare and pretreatment do and don't not one person said to not use it. They did mention RA, glycolic acid etc.

The reason I have been interested in this is because with ReAura instructions I would not be able to really use this product (I could but just for a couple of weeks) for months because I am going to be doing another treatment series on my face in 5 or 6 weeks.

So I have started to use it on my neck and hands while during the treatment series and I just started back on it for my face and will continue with it during treatments unless I have some problems.

I have used both Vit C and RA in the past (with good results) and having to be off of them for long periods of time is one of the things I really don't like about ReAura. Even though I have gotten good results with the laser I feel like I am shortchanging myself by not using these clinically proven products.

With the RA I am less inclined to use it during treatment (still researching) but I will use it in between series and stop 7 to 10 days before starting a new round (as apposed to ReAura 4 week timeframe) Most Dr's on the web recommended stopping anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks before and this is with the much stronger Fraxel repair or restore lasers.

This is a personal decision and I am NOT recommending not following ReAura advice. I know my skin and it is very tough and not prone to hyperpigmentation. I will let you know how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
After spending a good part of the last two days on the web looking at Dr's, PS and dermatologist site I have not been able to find one site that recommended not using Vit C before, during or after fraxel treatments. Now I DID NOT find any sites recommending it(except 1) but when reading the treatment protocols and aftercare and pretreatment do and don't not one person said to not use it. They did mention RA, glycolic acid etc.

For what it's worth - I've had a number of professional laser treatments and the general advice (given by doctors) is to use Retin-A to condition the skin beforehand (for as long as possible), but then stop about a week before the treatment. This is because Retin-A makes the skin more sensitive to light. It can be resumed after the laser treatment after the skin has healed.

I have never heard anything about not using Vitamin C - in fact, Vitamin C protects against sun damage, so I would continue to use it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu, The advice about stopping Vit C came from ReAura. They say to stop it 2 weeks before treatment and you can resume usage 2 weeks after you finish your 16 treatment series.

When I asked them about RA, they say to stop it 4 weeks before treatment and resume usage 2 weeks after the end of your treatments.

Since the treatments last 8 weeks that is a long time to not be able to use these things. I personally think it is more of a CYA thing from ReAura.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Thanks Keliu, The advice about stopping Vit C came from ReAura. They say to stop it 2 weeks before treatment and you can resume usage 2 weeks after you finish your 16 treatment series.

When I asked them about RA, they say to stop it 4 weeks before treatment and resume usage 2 weeks after the end of your treatments.

Since the treatments last 8 weeks that is a long time to not be able to use these things. I personally think it is more of a CYA thing from ReAura.

Yes, they're just being conservative. I would just use your own judgment re the C.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been having problems with the new ultrasonic gel I ordered. It works but I keep having to take to cap off and and clean the sight glass. I did some research and found out there is something called a high viscosity laser gel. So I have ordered some of that. I will report back after I get it and have a chance to try it out.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Why are there so many gadgets out there? I have the Quasar MD and am ordering the Nuface Classic, which i think sounds great for the facial muscles. But now i am reading about the reaura and Tripollar STOP, i'm getting so confused. Maybe one of them is better than the microcurrent Nuface??
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Good news bad news

The bad news is the high viscosity ultrasonic gel didn't work any better than the regular ultrasonic gel I bought.

The good new is I now have enough ultrasonic gel to start my own salon. Since I order 5 liters of this new one.

If anyone finds a gel that works please let me know. If I don't get better results the next couple of times I try to use this I will call SpaceNK and try to order the ReAura gel over the phone. I tried to order through the website but it wouldn't let me check out.

I can get the gel to work but you have to keep wiping off the plastic cap thing or taking the cap off completely and cleaning it. Then I think it may mess up the automatic sensor/timer. In other words it's a real pain. I think there might be a higher water content with the RA gel then the others but don't really know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
If I don't get better results the next couple of times I try to use this I will call SpaceNK and try to order the ReAura gel over the phone. I tried to order through the website but it wouldn't let me check out.

Cookie, what country are you in? I'm in Australia and when I ordered the Re-Aura over the phone they said they could not ship it out of the UK - so I had to give a relative's address and they are kindly forwarding it on to me. However, the operator on the phone said there would be no problem in ordering the gel on the website because it is not an electrical advice. I just had a quick go at ordering, and there didn't seem to be a problem. When I came to putting in my country, there was a click down list. So checkout was no problem - plus you can use Paypal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:
If I don't get better results the next couple of times I try to use this I will call SpaceNK and try to order the ReAura gel over the phone. I tried to order through the website but it wouldn't let me check out.

Cookie, what country are you in? I'm in Australia and when I ordered the Re-Aura over the phone they said they could not ship it out of the UK - so I had to give a relative's address and they are kindly forwarding it on to me. However, the operator on the phone said there would be no problem in ordering the gel on the website because it is not an electrical advice. I just had a quick go at ordering, and there didn't seem to be a problem. When I came to putting in my country, there was a click down list. So checkout was no problem - plus you can use Paypal.

I'm in the US. I tried a few weeks ago to order the gel form the SpaceNK UK site and it wouldn't let me. It let me sign up and register and put it in my cart but wouldn't give me any shipping option during check out. I will try it again later and let you know how it goes.

ETA: I just tried again and it still says no applicable shipping methods for selection when you are trying to check out. I will call them later and see if I can get it over the phone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

I'm in the US. I tried a few weeks ago to order the gel form the SpaceNK UK site and it wouldn't let me. It let me sign up and register and put it in my cart but wouldn't give me any shipping option during check out. I will try it again later and let you know how it goes.

ETA: I just tried again and it still says no applicable shipping methods for selection when you are trying to check out. I will call them later and see if I can get it over the phone.

Very strange - for me, it came up with "shipping to other countries 12.50 pounds" (which is expensive!) Then I chose Paypal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Very strange - for me, it came up with "shipping to other countries 12.50 pounds" (which is expensive!) Then I chose Paypal.

I will have to try it from my computer tomorrow. I am using my iPad right now but I don't know why that would make a difference. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:

I will have to try it from my computer tomorrow. I am using my iPad right now but I don't know why that would make a difference. Crying or Very sad

It does!!! I've noticed that I can't do allot of things on my Android Tab that I can do on my computer - especially concerning on-line shopping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:43 am      Reply with quote
I have now finished 3 full sets of treatment on power level 3.

I am now going to trial using the ReAura in same way the new Tria is being used, I believe the Tria is working at a lower power, which is indicated by the amount redness after treatment and the recovery time with the Tria, I get the same affect if I use my ReAura on power setting 1 or 2.

So I am going to trial 16 nights at power level 1 or 2 depending on the reaction is like the next morning, as I can't go to work with a bright red face, so will try with setting 2 tonight and see how it goes.

I will report back.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:30 am      Reply with quote
So are you changing your protocol because you're finding your face just gets too red with using setting 3?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
So are you changing your protocol because you're finding your face just gets too red with using setting 3?

No. I am changing my protocol because I believe, I have achieved a lot with three full rounds of treatment, on setting 3. My face does get red but fades normally by the next morning. Speaking to a friend of mine who is a State Registered Cosmetic Surgery Nurse, she was impressed with the ReAura, because there is a obvious reaction to the laser, she said if you weren't getting this, which is similar to the Fraxel Refine treatment reaction, she said I wouldn't bother using it, as is probably isn't doing anything.

So, after three rounds of full treatment on full power, I want to see what if any improvement I get by cutting back the power and treating my skin every evening for 16 treatments.

I hope that helps.

As you know I am delighted with the ReAura and the results, but I like to experiment and try all sorts of combinations of treatments.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:38 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have now finished 3 full sets of treatment on power level 3.

I am now going to trial using the ReAura in same way the new Tria is being used, I believe the Tria is working at a lower power, which is indicated by the amount redness after treatment and the recovery time with the Tria, I get the same affect if I use my ReAura on power setting 1 or 2.

So I am going to trial 16 nights at power level 1 or 2 depending on the reaction is like the next morning, as I can't go to work with a bright red face, so will try with setting 2 tonight and see how it goes.

I will report back.

PQ

To answer the question about the bright red face, I normally treat my face at 6pm in the evening, and by bedtime, my face is almost back to normal, I am going to change from treating twice a week, to everynight for 16 nights on level 2, for no other reason that I want to see what the results are like.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 am      Reply with quote
My thoughts would be to stick on the maximum setting, but cut back on the treatments - leave more time in between to rest the skin. But I'll be interested to see how your experiment goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
My thoughts would be to stick on the maximum setting, but cut back on the treatments - leave more time in between to rest the skin. But I'll be interested to see how your experiment goes.

I have done that for 3 full rounds so 3 x 18, so in total 54. What I would like to do is more a maintenance round of treatments, basically just playing around to see how the machine works.

I don't there is any alternative if you want to get the maximum results to use it on full power as per the instructions, but I am looking at other ways of using it.

Will report back after two weeks.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hello Photoqueen, have you noticed a continuing improvement-did your second cycle build on the first and the third on the second or did you find you had so much improvement with the first round of treatments that there wasn't much room for change?
I am very tempted by the ReAura but I must admit I am missing using retin a! I thought I'd stop it in the hope I could get the ReAura.
Do you think the ReAura is best used continuously in cycles or once improvement has been established that it could be used just once or twice a year?
Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for conducting experiment - I have wondered about this, too.

I am interested to know if you experienced further improvement after first round of treatment. Will be starting my second round tomorrow (after photos) and will be on a tropical cruise for about 1/2 of the programme. That will be a challenge and it got me thinking how difficult it must be for you peeps down in Oz as the sun is so strong.

PQ, I look forward to your reply and thank you for convincing me to invest in this machine - it is the best DIY thing I have ever done.

best - mis
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi PQ, your experiment with the ReAura sounds interesting. I would love to get results doing only a 2 week period vs. 8 weeks. But like you I wouldn't do that until I had 3 series of treatments under my belt.

I would also like to know like mismis if you continued to get more results from your 2nd and 3rd treatment rounds.

I am really happy with the way my skin is looking right now. I am using Vit C with no problems during treatment and I am looking to start Environ products that have both Vit C and A in them during treatment but am concerned about the no RA during treatment that ReAura recommends. The Environ products don't use Retin A but do have Vit A in them. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
Hello Photoqueen, have you noticed a continuing improvement-did your second cycle build on the first and the third on the second or did you find you had so much improvement with the first round of treatments that there wasn't much room for change?
I am very tempted by the ReAura but I must admit I am missing using retin a! I thought I'd stop it in the hope I could get the ReAura.
Do you think the ReAura is best used continuously in cycles or once improvement has been established that it could be used just once or twice a year?
Thank you!

Puddlelover - yes I noticed a big difference on the second cycle my skin keeps improving with each cycle, but I have stopped at 3 cycles to experiment.

I think you should do 3 cycles and move to maintenance, I can't tell you what is the best approach for this until I have finished my current experiment.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Thanks for conducting experiment - I have wondered about this, too.

I am interested to know if you experienced further improvement after first round of treatment. Will be starting my second round tomorrow (after photos) and will be on a tropical cruise for about 1/2 of the programme. That will be a challenge and it got me thinking how difficult it must be for you peeps down in Oz as the sun is so strong.

PQ, I look forward to your reply and thank you for convincing me to invest in this machine - it is the best DIY thing I have ever done.

best - mis

You will see an improvement, keep going this is the best device I have ever purchased, it really does work.

Remember to use SPF 50 on the cruise to protect the precious collagen!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I found this gel works really well with the ReAura and microcurrent treatments:

http://www.boots.com/en/a-passion-for-natural-Aloe-Vera-Gel-200ml_1240463/?CAWELAID=1033667365&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-a%20passion%20for%20natural%20Aloe%20Vera%20Gel%20%20200ml

A Passion for Natural Aloe Vera Gel

£7.25/tube

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Started the experiment.

One power setting 3, treated my entire face including forehead very quickly, no more than 3 minutes in total treatment time, face glowing, but not really red, will do this every day for 16 days.

PQ

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |