Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AdrianP

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

Puddlelover - yes I noticed a big difference on the second cycle my skin keeps improving with each cycle, but I have stopped at 3 cycles to experiment.

PQ

What differences have you noted? Any improvements with large pores or tightening of the skin?
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have finished my first round of treatments with good results!

How many rounds can you do in a year?

I must say I'm happy to take a break - missed my skincare product's with acids in them.

How long do you think results will last without further treatments?

After reading about Photoqueens results i'm tempted to do another round though...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I found this gel works really well with the ReAura and microcurrent treatments:

http://www.boots.com/en/a-passion-for-natural-Aloe-Vera-Gel-200ml_1240463/?CAWELAID=1033667365&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-a%20passion%20for%20natural%20Aloe%20Vera%20Gel%20%20200ml

A Passion for Natural Aloe Vera Gel

£7.25/tube

PQ

Thanks PQ for the recommendation. I have some Aloe Vera gel here maybe I will try it tonight. I'm not quite sure why to 2 gels I have bought don't seem to work that well. The texture and thickness seem similar.

Keliu, I did try to buy some ReAura gel from SpaceNK on my computer but it still wouldn't give me a shipping option when I went to check out. I even emailed them and the said to order it over their website. But for whatever reason I can't.
I'm sure if I call I can get some I just haven't tried yet. When I do I'm ordering it in bulk. So I don't have this problem again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
AdrianP wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

Puddlelover - yes I noticed a big difference on the second cycle my skin keeps improving with each cycle, but I have stopped at 3 cycles to experiment.

PQ

What differences have you noted? Any improvements with large pores or tightening of the skin?

If you read this thread most of this is covered.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:

I must say I'm happy to take a break - missed my skincare product's with acids in them.

After reading about Photoqueens results i'm tempted to do another round though...

I would suggest give your skin a rest, I left mine for a few weeks and started again.

Not sure how long the results last, it depends on so much, age, skin exposure, other treatments layering on the ReAura, very individual, so you need to experiment.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Sidmo wrote:

I would suggest give your skin a rest, I left mine for a few weeks and started again.

Not sure how long the results last, it depends on so much, age, skin exposure, other treatments layering on the ReAura, very individual, so you need to experiment.

PQ

Thanks PQ

I will give a few months rest Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Sidmo wrote:

PQ

Thanks PQ

I will give a few months rest Smile

Good idea

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
My ReAura arrived today, and I have just done my first treatment. I'M VERY IMPRESSED!! Needless to say, I started off on Level 3 - but I'm a veteran of multiple IPL, laser treatments and dermarolling so I thought my skin could handle it. It is now about fifteen minutes post treatment and my skin is still on fire and is very red. I didn't expect this kind of intensity - which is why I'm so impressed. I don't think my skin stung this much after my Laser Genesis treatments - so it really is like a professional treatment.

The device itself is a pleasure to use - so simple. I had previously bought the PaloVia - which was an absolute beast. It was an enormous hassle to use and didn't seem to achieve anything. It ended up breaking down and I was able to send it back and get a refund. The ReAura works in an entirely different way and is much more user friendly.

I found that I didn't need much gel at all - in fact, I think one pea size is enough for both sides of the face. Next time I will be even more stingy with it.

I'm really looking forward to see what this device can achieve. My skin certainly feels like it's had a professional laser treatment - so that's very promising.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
My ReAura arrived today, and I have just done my first treatment. I'M VERY IMPRESSED!! Needless to say, I started off on Level 3 - but I'm a veteran of multiple IPL, laser treatments and dermarolling so I thought my skin could handle it. It is now about fifteen minutes post treatment and my skin is still on fire and is very red. I didn't expect this kind of intensity - which is why I'm so impressed. I don't think my skin stung this much after my Laser Genesis treatments - so it really is like a professional treatment.

The device itself is a pleasure to use - so simple. I had previously bought the PaloVia - which was an absolute beast. It was an enormous hassle to use and didn't seem to achieve anything. It ended up breaking down and I was able to send it back and get a refund. The ReAura works in an entirely different way and is much more user friendly.

I found that I didn't need much gel at all - in fact, I think one pea size is enough for both sides of the face. Next time I will be even more stingy with it.

I'm really looking forward to see what this device can achieve. My skin certainly feels like it's had a professional laser treatment - so that's very promising.

That sounds very promising. I found you don't need much gel at all.

My skin was the same, very hot and red, but very similar to the Fraxel treatment I had which cost me £130.00 per session, so I do feel the ReAura gives you a professional treatment at home.

Good luck with the new machine, if you use the Avene Spring Water Spray, I find the redness goes fairly quickly.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I might give the Avene Spray a try - on the other hand, I wonder if the redness/inflammation is a good thing like it is with dermarolling. The burning is starting to subside now, about an hour and a half post treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I found that I didn't need much gel at all - in fact, I think one pea size is enough for both sides of the face. Next time I will be even more stingy with it..

I'm glad you were able to get one of these. I do like mine a lot. Very easy to use and I think you get good results. I would be a little careful about how much gel you use. One time I hardly put any on and my face got redder then it usually does but you don't have to use much. I think as you use it more the redness and heat are less and go away quickly. I do use Avene water and I like it. Also if you put the aftercare lotion in the refrigerator it does help and feel nice when you apply it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I'll get the Avene water - that's a good idea about putting the after lotion in the fridge!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Ok, I'll get the Avene water - that's a good idea about putting the after lotion in the fridge!

Keep both in the fridge and put the Avene on from the fridge, it takes down the redness.

The change is taking place at the epidermal layer, so the work has been done by the laser, the redness is just the body's reaction to the tiny laser beams that have damaged the epidermal layer, so helping the redness to calm, is just aiding the repair/renew process.

The upside of calming the redness is the downtime is reduced.

PQ Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Just a Tip

Don't forget to clean the glass when the cap is off. It cost me 5 weeks of treatment. And i could not place this tip on the reaura site.

chery
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
Just a Tip

Don't forget to clean the glass when the cap is off. It cost me 5 weeks of treatment. And i could not place this tip on the reaura site.

chery

Hi Chery, I know what you talking about with wiping/cleaning the site glass after use but what happened that made the ReAura stop working? Is that what you are saying? Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi CookieD,

No i mean if you don't clean the glass, the gel will not let the laser trough. Just clean with a clean tissue

chery
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
Hi CookieD,

No i mean if you don't clean the glass, the gel will not let the laser trough. Just clean with a clean tissue

chery

Oh I get now. I just use a clean q-tip. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been waiting to do an update on my hands and neck but I can't say I see a lot of difference. I didn't take pictures of these so I have nothing to compare them to.

I am on #11 neck treatment and #7 hand treatment.

The hands have been the hardest place for me to do. I think because they are bony. They do look more puffy/fuller but I think this is just left over inflammation. If they stay like this after I finish the 16 treatments I will be quite happy. I do have two little raised dots that have been on my hands for years. They do feel smaller/not as raised when I rub my hand over them but that might be because the whole texture of my hands are rough so I don't feel them as much.

Does anyone else get that line between where you stop treatment on an area? My hands look like I am wearing very light gloves. I don't think it is bad enough for most people to notice but I can tell when I'm looking at them.

My hands are also the place that I feel the most pain afterwards. It is not very bad but because I'm a clean freak I'm always washing my hands and the sometimes the hot water doesn't feel good. Also when I wash my hair in the morning I can tell if I did a treatment on my hands because of the hot water. Yes I know hot showers are bad for your skin but I'm not giving up everything.

I not sure what is going on with my neck. This last week I added another ring around it. If this continues my neck will look like the inside of a giant sequoia tree. Mad I am hoping this goes away as this is something new. Maybe the skin on my neck is just dry or maybe I'm just getting older but either way I'm not happy.

In better news, I am about 2 1/2 weeks past my last treatment on my face and my skin is looking very good. Nice color, texture and more fuller. So I am very happy with those results. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think neck skin is very difficult to treat. A couple of months ago I had a pretty invasive IPL - it took away all the little broken caps I had but there's been no noticable improvement in the crepiness or neck lines. It will be interesting to see what results, if any, I get from the ReAura.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:04 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have now finished 3 full sets of treatment on power level 3.

I am now going to trial using the ReAura in same way the new Tria is being used, I believe the Tria is working at a lower power, which is indicated by the amount redness after treatment and the recovery time with the Tria, I get the same affect if I use my ReAura on power setting 1 or 2.

So I am going to trial 16 nights at power level 1 or 2 depending on the reaction is like the next morning, as I can't go to work with a bright red face, so will try with setting 2 tonight and see how it goes.

I will report back.

PQ

Update:

I have completed 3 session, it takes about 4 minutes to cover my face and neck.

I am following it with a Safetox, Slendertone Face treatment and then 20 minutes with my Lightstim, after a day at work these are all very relaxing and easy treatments to do, but I liked the idea of 16 days of layering these home treatments. My skin is glowing, but not much else to report.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
How long time after finishing a treatment cycle can I dermaroll with a 1.5 roller? I thought it might be a good idear to maintain result while I“m on a break from the ReAura.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:
How long time after finishing a treatment cycle can I dermaroll with a 1.5 roller? I thought it might be a good idear to maintain result while I“m on a break from the ReAura.

Theoretically, the dermaroller is performing the same function as the laser - creating micro-channels into the dermis to stimulate collagen renewal. So, IMO, if you continue with dermarolling, the skin isn't getting the opportunity to rest, recover and regenerate. Even with dermarolling, the skin needs a break.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu can I ask if you used a forwarding freight company to ship to Australia?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:

No, I'm afraid they wouldn't let me. It comes up on their system that it's a freight company and as they're not permitted to ship out of the UK they couldn't put the sale through. So I ended up having a relative in the UK send it to me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bermie2 wrote:

No, I'm afraid they wouldn't let me. It comes up on their system that it's a freight company and as they're not permitted to ship out of the UK they couldn't put the sale through. So I ended up having a relative in the UK send it to me.

Oh, ok thanks for letting me know.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |