Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Keliu can I ask if you used a forwarding freight company to ship to Australia?

Your right. Thanks!

5% products discount

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Just finished my second treatment with Reaura ( managed setting 2 ) but found the nose extremely difficult. I'd be grateful if anyone can offer any tips on getting to this area?

Anne
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Anne5899 wrote:
Just finished my second treatment with Reaura ( managed setting 2 ) but found the nose extremely difficult. I'd be grateful if anyone can offer any tips on getting to this area?

Anne

Hi Anne, here is a tip mismis gave me that works pretty well.

It is hard to do the bridge of the nose, Cookie. Here's what works best for me (& it is not perfect, but I can get the machine to fire): I put the tip sideways so the little metal sensors are lined up vertical just to one side of the bridge and move it across. The rest of the nose I can get while doing the usual horizontal & vertical passes. Plus, make sure you have gel on the bridge, it does help and it is easy to forget to put it there.

In the end, success here probably has something to do with the shape of the nose!

best,
mis

5% products discount

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cookie D. Will try your ( mismis ) suggestion on my next treatment.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I have a question, maybe PQ, Keliu or mismis can help me out. In the effort of time management I would like to decrease the amount of time it takes to do a series (16) of treatments. I want to know if you guys and girls think it is OK to do a treatment every 3rd day. That would decrease the time period from 8 weeks down to 6 1/2 weeks. I would really like to do a series in 4 weeks but that would take doing a treatment every other day and I'm not sure about that. What are your thoughts? I have really tough skin and I really don't stay pink for very long.
I have never had a professional laser treatment done so I am trying to compare the damage that is done to the skin when getting it done at the Dr. vs increasing the schedule for home use of the ReAura.

My plan is to do a ReAura series, wait 4 to 6 weeks and then do a dermaroll (1.0 to 1.5) wait another 4 to 6 weeks and repeat. I know they are suppose to work on the same premise but some Dr's feel that lasers are not as good so I would like to cover all my bases.

Thanks for any advice. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone using this in the U.S.? Do you use a power converter with it? My husband had me order one from Amazon but it's so heavy but he says it's better than the device frying out.

How long does a treatment take? Not sure if this has been asked before, sorry if I'm repeating it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Anyone using this in the U.S.? Do you use a power converter with it? My husband had me order one from Amazon but it's so heavy but he says it's better than the device frying out.

How long does a treatment take? Not sure if this has been asked before, sorry if I'm repeating it.

Hi WhiteWolf, you need a Europe to US power adapter plug like in the link below. I bought mine at Radio Shack. You don't need a power converter. It will work on our power system.

http://www.amazon.com/Grounded-Adapter-Europe-America-Certified/dp/B000BMC578

As far as treatment time, are you asking a series (16 treatments) or just individual treatments?
Each zone once you get the hang of using the laser takes about 6 to 7 min.. Example the face is 3 zones so it takes about 18 to 21 min. for the face. The neck is 2 zones etc. It will take you a little bit longer at first while your learning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, I have wondered about this, too. Bottom line is that treatments must be 48 hours apart. My thoughts are that the instructions probably include a large saety margin even for those with extra sensitive skin. I like to do my treatments early in the week so that I look good on the weekend when social eents are most likely to be scheduled, so I generally use the 48 hour rule.

I am interested to ee how this works for you.

Just into my third week of second round and already getting comments about "radiance". I just love this machine!!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Cookie, I have wondered about this, too. Bottom line is that treatments must be 48 hours apart. My thoughts are that the instructions probably include a large saety margin even for those with extra sensitive skin. I like to do my treatments early in the week so that I look good on the weekend when social eents are most likely to be scheduled, so I generally use the 48 hour rule.

I am interested to ee how this works for you.

Thanks Mismis, I have decided to do 3 treatments a week. Some treatments will be on the third day apart some on the second day, but I will have 48 hours between each treatment. That will allow me to do a series of 16 treatments in 5 1/2 weeks. I have started this schedule on my neck and hands but am already towards the end of the series on both areas. I haven't encountered any problems and don't expect to. I will do this schedule on the next round for my face but am trying to do a dermaroll (still waiting on my roller order) first so I'm not sure when that will be.

It's great that you are getting comments about your skin. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD - thanks so much! That helps a lot. Smile Sure beats the monster of a converter my hubby told me to get which weighs a ton, haha.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
My DH (who is an engineer, for what that is worth) just went down to the basement and cobbled something together with a plug he had and this works just fine! I had forgotten to order a converter and didn't have one in my travellers' kit and he knew how excited I was about my new toy.

So if you are handy . . .
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I did my first treatment, had a bit of trouble keeping contact with skin but I'm sure as time goes on I'll get better at it.

Learned something new though! About a day or two after, tiny little brown specks appeared all over my face. Silly me thought it was from using my Wonderbar and assumed they were clogged pores. Made things worse by scrubbing my face with my microfiber cloth, etc.

Little did I know that this is actually the same thing that happens after Fraxel, etc. "Dark spots are also normal. The pigment that you are now seeing is also a normal response. This is the damaged pigment (or photo damaged skin) raising."

Yup, go ahead and chuckle! Smile Learn something new every day they say. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Whitewolf, the thing that helped me the most on the contact of the skin is to force myself to go slower with the passes over my skin. I was always trying to go too fast and the laser will only go so fast.

My raised brown spots were there most of my treatment series. Some would fall off but as I did more treatments others would come up. I'm sure this will vary depending on how much sun damage a person has. I have to say my skin is the clearest tone and texture that I can remember. I still have a little bit of sun damage but I have only done one round with the ReAura so I'm sure it will all be gone by the end of the next round.
Good luck with the laser. I hope you like it as well as I do. If you get a chance it might be worth going to the ReAura website on the little lite blue card. It is hard to navigate and poorly set up but there is some information you can get from other peoples question but you can probably get as much and more from the people here at EDS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have now finished 3 full sets of treatment on power level 3.

I am now going to trial using the ReAura in same way the new Tria is being used, I believe the Tria is working at a lower power, which is indicated by the amount redness after treatment and the recovery time with the Tria, I get the same affect if I use my ReAura on power setting 1 or 2.

So I am going to trial 16 nights at power level 1 or 2 depending on the reaction is like the next morning, as I can't go to work with a bright red face, so will try with setting 2 tonight and see how it goes.

I will report back.

PQ

Hi PQ, did you finish your 16 night trial and if you did what were your results?

I have just started my 2nd round of ReAura on my face and chest. I was going to hold off and do a dermaroll but the timing didn't work out. Looking forward to continued good results. I am going to do a condensed 16 treatment round. It should take around 5 to 5 1/2 weeks depending on my schedule.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I took the plunge and bought the ReAura. I have done one treatment so far on level 2 and it was ok-not very comfortable but I could bear it.After the treatment I was red as a tomato, but it subsided pretty fast. Tomorrow will be my next treatment. I'll keep you updated

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
ellenk wrote:
I took the plunge and bought the ReAura. I have done one treatment so far on level 2 and it was ok-not very comfortable but I could bear it.After the treatment I was red as a tomato, but it subsided pretty fast. Tomorrow will be my next treatment. I'll keep you updated

Good luck Ellenk. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. The people here are very helpful and I learned a lot from them while doing my treatments.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Thank you CookieD, I really appreciate your posts. Just done 2nd treatment- I wonder if I ever will be able to use level 3. But I am dedicated to do the treatment and perhaps be wrinkle free by Christmas,lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really loving this device, for starters, it's less time consuming. Plus after 3 treatments, my skin overall looks better. I am still getting those tiny little brown specks but that's a good thing, bye-bye bad skin cells. Smile I've done my hands and neck too, couldn't help myself. Definitely glad I splurged on the ReAura.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I'm really loving this device, for starters, it's less time consuming. Plus after 3 treatments, my skin overall looks better. I am still getting those tiny little brown specks but that's a good thing, bye-bye bad skin cells. Smile I've done my hands and neck too, couldn't help myself. Definitely glad I splurged on the ReAura.

Good for you WhiteWolf. I think you will really end up liking the ReAura. I know I do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Update

Hands- it has been 2 weeks since my last treatment on my hands. All the little specks of brown color are gone and my skin looks much more even toned. My hands don't look as wrinkled and you can't see the veins in my hands as much as you used to be able to.

Neck- it's about 3 1/2 weeks since my last treatment and I can't say I have seen any difference on my neck. I still have the rings there and the depth of them doesn't seem like it has changed. Sad I will definitely need more rounds of treatment there.

Face- I am a third of my way through my 2nd round. I am doing fine on the condensed treatment schedule. One thing I happened to notice today was that my lip lines are much better. I have been really trying to get close to my top and bottom lip this time because last round you could tell there was a little white color ring around my mouth where I didn't get close enough. I probably have been getting too close because my lips are a little dry now but today when I was putting stuff on them I was really surprised to see the lack of lines above them. Some of it could be inflammation but my lips are not swollen at all. I don't have really deep lines but they were bad enough to try lips to kiss for 6 months a long time ago.(didn't work for me) NL lines are much more faint also.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I am now going to trial using the ReAura in same way the new Tria is being used, I believe the Tria is working at a lower power, which is indicated by the amount redness after treatment and the recovery time with the Tria, I get the same affect if I use my ReAura on power setting 1 or 2.

So I am going to trial 16 nights at power level 1 or 2 depending on the reaction is like the next morning, as I can't go to work with a bright red face, so will try with setting 2 tonight and see how it goes.

I will report back.

PQ

Hi PQ, did you finish your 16 night trial and if you did what were your results?

I have just started my 2nd round of ReAura on my face and chest. I was going to hold off and do a dermaroll but the timing didn't work out. Looking forward to continued good results. I am going to do a condensed 16 treatment round. It should take around 5 to 5 1/2 weeks depending on my schedule.

I did, I would say that the benefits were zero! I am convinced you HAVE to follow their protocol, I tried, it didn't work, I am back to full power on all 3 areas on my face.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:30 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I will report back.

PQ

I did, I would say that the benefits were zero! I am convinced you HAVE to follow their protocol, I tried, it didn't work, I am back to full power on all 3 areas on my face.

PQ

Thanks PQ for trying it out. Too bad it didn't work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I will report back.

PQ

PQ

Thanks PQ for trying it out. Too bad it didn't work.

Gave it a go!

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Update here: Loving the ReAura! I've had this pesky dark spot/old acne scar above my eyebrow for the past few years and now it's fading! Wow, just wow! I've tried creams, serums, AHA's, etc, and nothing has faded this spot. Plus I had these red spots on my face & two on my lips (cherry angiomas I think) and they're gone! Yippee!!! Smile This device is definitely worth the money. Wish I had more free time to do twice a week but just once a week is doing a world of good. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oo that sounds fantastic! And tempting!
I have what I think are cherry angiomas all over my thighs-is the reaura safe to use on the body ?(I can't see why it wouldn't be, but sometimes things aren't as I would think!)

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |