Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
Oo that sounds fantastic! And tempting!
I have what I think are cherry angiomas all over my thighs-is the reaura safe to use on the body ?(I can't see why it wouldn't be, but sometimes things aren't as I would think!)

ReAura say you can use it on your forearm so I don't think there would be a problem on your thigh but I would also think the skin is thicker there so maybe it might not work as well but I don't think it would hurt you. ReAura doesn't mention any areas other then face,neck,chest,hands and forearm specifically in the instructions.

WhiteWolf that's great about the spots and cherry angiomas. How many treatments have you done?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:12 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Update here: Loving the ReAura! I've had this pesky dark spot/old acne scar above my eyebrow for the past few years and now it's fading! Wow, just wow! I've tried creams, serums, AHA's, etc, and nothing has faded this spot. Plus I had these red spots on my face & two on my lips (cherry angiomas I think) and they're gone! Yippee!!! Smile This device is definitely worth the money. Wish I had more free time to do twice a week but just once a week is doing a world of good. Smile

That is fantastic news, it is a wow machine!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Tips and trick before and after Reaura treatment:

http://ebookbrowse.com/fraxel-checklist3-pdf-d290249690

PQ

5% products discount

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've tried reading the 16 pages of this thread on the Reaura (it goes off topic!) - oh, and Tria (?) laser for face (in Canada?)

Anyway, quickly - who is the US is using this? (or either)? I've seen the Reaura on Ebay and they say they ship to the US, but I'm wondering if that is a wise thing to do.

Anyone here using Reaura? or managed to get a Tria (?)...

TIA,
iseolt
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've now completed my 8 week facial treatments and have commenced on the neck and chest.

I'm extremely happy with this device and think it's probably the best facial gadget I own. My skin is definitely more refined - I really notice the difference when I apply my foundation. I can't see too much improvement in my lip lines - why or why are they so damn stubborn? Not sure how much rest time I'll give myself before starting another round on the face. What have others done?

I think I'm also going to keep up using Retin-A. I know this isn't exactly advised, but I don't seem to have any issues with doing this. If my skin starts to dry out, I just stop the RA for a few days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
iseolt wrote:
Hi, I've tried reading the 16 pages of this thread on the Reaura (it goes off topic!) - oh, and Tria (?) laser for face (in Canada?)

Anyway, quickly - who is the US is using this? (or either)? I've seen the Reaura on Ebay and they say they ship to the US, but I'm wondering if that is a wise thing to do.

Anyone here using Reaura? or managed to get a Tria (?)...

TIA,
iseolt

Hi iseolt, I am in the US and am using the ReAura. I did buy it while in Europe but some people have bought it over the phone from SpaceNK
but you have to have it shipped to a friend in the UK and then have that person ship it to you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Here is my update: I have done 8 treatments so far. Generally my face looks more smooth and plump. I was in town yesterday , no make up, and got a glimpse of me in a mirror in a shop and I definitely saw the difference ( normally I want to scream,lol). I had a deep lipline which always jumped into my eyes when I looked into a mirror and it is very faint now. The under eye area looks more smooth too. I am using the laser on the bone part around the eyes and the creases there have diminished. I still cannot use level three, but I shall try next week. After all I love the gadget.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
It is great to see so many positive reviews.

I agree with Keliu, that this is the best device I have bought.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
It is great to see so many positive reviews.

I agree with Keliu, that this is the best device I have bought.

PQ

That says a lot for both of you because you have some great devices....even though I have a different laser, the Tria, I can agree the home lasers rock!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I really want this now after reading all the pages here. It is too bad that Retin-a is not a good idea to use as you use ReAura.

I rather hold off and wait for this to be available in Canada.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
It is too bad that Retin-a is not a good idea to use as you use ReAura.

With regard to this issue - doctors will generally tell you to cease the use of Retin-A before a laser treatment because Retin-A increases the skin's sensitivity to light.

However, Dr. Kligman, one of the foremost researchers into the use of RA, states that with regular usage the skin will eventually acclimatise to sun exposure. I've been using RA for around six years now (practically every night) and am not prone to irritation or sensitivity. Therefore, I've decided that as long as I monitor my skin closely for excessive dryness, I'm ok with using it in tandem with my laser treatments. But each to their own.

Also - it is recommended that the skin should be prepped with RA for as long as possible before commencing laser treatments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I really want this now after reading all the pages here. It is too bad that Retin-a is not a good idea to use as you use ReAura.

I rather hold off and wait for this to be available in Canada.

I have ordered the Tria skin rejuvenating laser which is available in canada I think, I called Tria and I think another board member did also but who was told the same thing but it is fine to use the Tria device with retin a (not at the same time I don't think) as long as you are well used to it, it wouldn't be a good idea t do both at the same time. I plan to quit using retin a a good few days prior to using the Tria and then see how it goes I'll also be doing a test patch just to be safe.

I think the Reaura is stronger maybe as you only use it twice a week and that is appealing but perhaps that makes it less suitable for retin a use.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

I haven't used Retin a at the same time as ReAura but I am using the Environ Cquence 4 (which is their strongest) Vit A and C product with no problems. I don't use it the night of my treatment or the next morning but start back the next night. I have to say that the ReAura has done more for my skin then Retin a ever did and I have used it off and on for many years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skincare wrote:
It is too bad that Retin-a is not a good idea to use as you use ReAura.

With regard to this issue - doctors will generally tell you to cease the use of Retin-A before a laser treatment because Retin-A increases the skin's sensitivity to light.

However, Dr. Kligman, one of the foremost researchers into the use of RA, states that with regular usage the skin will eventually acclimatise to sun exposure. I've been using RA for around six years now (practically every night) and am not prone to irritation or sensitivity. Therefore, I've decided that as long as I monitor my skin closely for excessive dryness, I'm ok with using it in tandem with my laser treatments. But each to their own.

Also - it is recommended that the skin should be prepped with RA for as long as possible before commencing laser treatments.

I think I am less sensitive, but I know that I can get very red. Especially in the summer and I held back with acid peels and microdermabrasion.

You, CookieD and photoqueen really gave valued input of this device.

Do any of you use Clarisonic on daily basis?

pandora77, I think I have read Tria on this thread, but I was thinking since ReAura is stronger, perhaps I should save up for this compared to Tria. If there is no way of getting ReAura, then maybe Tria will be my purchase.

I need to remove my sun damage I got from last summer. I hope it won't take long for me to do this, but my next goal is to try to prevent and fight skin sagging as much as possible. For my face, the jowl and the rest of my body. When I take a look at my grandmothers, and elder in-laws, they all have sagging skin on the body. It feels too mushy when hugging and I want to try to maintain muscle mass and firm skin more then anything.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

I do have a Clarisonic and use it a few times a week while using the ReAura. I don't use it the morning after a treatment but any other time is fine. I do have really tough skin so this probably is not a good idea for everyone.

I am about 2/3 through my second round of treatment on my face and my skin texture and tone continue to improve. All my lines both shallow (crow feet and lip lines) and deep (NL lines) are looking much improved if not gone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I do have a Clarisonic and use it a few times a week while using the ReAura. I don't use it the morning after a treatment but any other time is fine. I do have really tough skin so this probably is not a good idea for everyone.

I am about 2/3 through my second round of treatment on my face and my skin texture and tone continue to improve. All my lines both shallow (crow feet and lip lines) and deep (NL lines) are looking much improved if not gone.

I am glad that it is working. I do have concerns for NL lines, around the eyes and right in front of my ears.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say that the Laser Performance Gel seems to be lasting very well. I don't seem to have used much at all. I'm finding that after using a pea sized amount on one side of my face, I can spread it across to the other side and only need a tiny amount to top it up to continue treatment. In other words, a little goes a long way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I'm joining your laser gang! I'm on my fourth treatment and am in sandpaper skin mode and impressed by the strength of the reaura, so far results are really promising. My skin is more radiant, pores radically reduced, some sun damage disappearing already. I have a ton of sun damage I want to be rid of,so I'm excited. I'm grateful to Toby for mentioning, in the Tria thread, that exfoliating with aquagel is the way to go during this process. So grateful I'd bought some, it really helps with the sandpaper -face, and is completely gentle.
Some of us also own a Stop device, which I have liked a lot. I was wondering what place that will take up now, in our arsenals. I don't want to do overkill. I know PQ and Toby also are Stop users, and maybe some others of us, so.. How does it fit in now? What do think? Interested to know.
Thanks everyone.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm joining your laser gang! I'm on my fourth treatment and am in sandpaper skin mode and impressed by the strength of the reaura, so far results are really promising. My skin is more radiant, pores radically reduced, some sun damage disappearing already. I have a ton of sun damage I want to be rid of,so I'm excited. I'm grateful to Toby for mentioning, in the Tria thread, that exfoliating with aquagel is the way to go during this process. So grateful I'd bought some, it really helps with the sandpaper -face, and is completely gentle.

Hi Catski, I have a question about using aquagel/cure on the sandpaper skin effect. Does anyone think it isn't good for the skin to try to speed that stage up? Kind of like when you do a TCA peel you are supposed to just let the skin peel on its own. I know we are talking about much bigger pieces of skin vs specks of sun damage but I would like to know anyone's opinion on this. I have the cure gel and might like to experiment with it but don't what to do anything that might be counterproductive. By the way I don't have nearly as much of the sandpaper feel on my skin during the second round of treatment. I think I got rid of quite a bit of damage on the first go around. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Some of us also own a Stop device, which I have liked a lot. I was wondering what place that will take up now, in our arsenals. I don't want to do overkill. I know PQ and Toby also are Stop users, and maybe some others of us, so.. How does it fit in now? What do think? Interested to know.
Thanks everyone.

I do love the Stop and also the microdermabrasion machine but I let these devices take a rest while doing the laser. I do however use the aqua gel and don't think it causes any issues. During my laser treatments my face looks glowing and some points and then at others not so good, but when I have completed the eight weeks it is wonderful and each day beyond treatment seems really good.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Canada (for Tria) or the UK for the Reaura. So I guess I'm out of luck.

Any mention anywhere of similar devices (except PaloVia) coming to the US soon?

Thanks,
iseolt

CookieD wrote:
Hi iseolt, I am in the US and am using the ReAura. I did buy it while in Europe but some people have bought it over the phone from SpaceNK
but you have to have it shipped to a friend in the UK and then have that person ship it to you.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I, too, wonder if it is good to just let the inflamation stage just pass naturally - the body needs time to respond and maybe this is the time it sends the "collegen production" message. So when I do my treatmemts I do them at night and just let the sleep time take care of the inflamation. I have made a concious choice not to try to alleviate the after burn, other than the aftercare cream. I do not want to interrupt the "healing cascade".

Like others, in my second treatment round, the sandpaper effect on my face has greatly diminished. My arms - which had a lot more sun damage - are feeling gritty the second time around, especially where there is greatest amount of visible sun damage (and there is probably a lot more to surface). Now I am curious about round 3!!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Hi Catski, I have a question about using aquagel/cure on the sandpaper skin effect. Does anyone think it isn't good for the skin to try to speed that stage up? Kind of like when you do a TCA peel you are supposed to just let the skin peel on its own. I know we are talking about much bigger pieces of skin vs specks of sun damage but I would like to know anyone's opinion on this. I have the cure gel and might like to experiment with it but don't what to do anything that might be counterproductive. By the way I don't have nearly as much of the sandpaper feel on my skin during the second round of treatment. I think I got rid of quite a bit of damage on the first go around. Very Happy

Hi Cookie. Wel, I'm assuming that I'm just rubbing off what needs to come off, so that I feel more comfortable. Feels intuitively right. I wouldn't exfoliate on the same day as treatment... Eek! During the intervening days, between treatments, I just feel.. Lizardy! So I enjoy the aquagel a LOT. And only on non - inflamed skin, of course. But yes, the reaura guidelines don't actually mention this, do they.. But they also didn't mention about not using acids.. I reckon that we have to know our own skin and go with what feels sensible and right. I guess also we can experiment with exfoliation, doing it differently at different stages. It sounds as though we are all going to do several series.

Toby, yes. I don't think I could do much to my skin during this treatment other than aquagel, hydration and emu oil. I was thinking about wether the Stop would be redundant or counter productive at all, Ever,if one uses the laser for top up treatments.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
On the subject of acids and exfoliating while using an at home laser, I did speak to the people at Tria UK about using a mild glycolic acid exfoliator during the treatment period and they said that was fine.

Personally I will just wait and see what feels right to me when I get my device and start using it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to share this email with you

Thank you for contacting Philips and for your interest into the RéAura.

Currently this device is only available in the UK and the Netherlands and unfortunately I am unable to give a specific date as to when it will be available in Canada. However, we are hoping to launch the RéAura in both the US and Canada and it s being worked on.

If you wanted to find out any further information then Philips in Canada may have some more information.

You may receive a short survey about our interaction and the advice that I have given today. I would be grateful if you can fill it in as it will help me to improve the service I provide.

Kind Regards
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |