Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
iseolt
5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I just wanted to share this email with you

Thank you for contacting Philips and for your interest into the RéAura.

Currently this device is only available in the UK and the Netherlands and unfortunately I am unable to give a specific date as to when it will be available in Canada. However, we are hoping to launch the RéAura in both the US and Canada and it s being worked on.

Kind Regards

Thank you for that! Hopefully it will reach the US soon (and Canada, too!) Smile

Iseolt
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Quick question for those of you ustilizing the Reaura - what is the model number of your machine?

Ebay.co.uk has a few listed, indicating model number SC5000 or SC5000/00...is this what yours states?

Secondly, one user noted in an earlier post that their skin looked 'tanned' whilst using the Reaura. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
Quick question for those of you ustilizing the Reaura - what is the model number of your machine?

Ebay.co.uk has a few listed, indicating model number SC5000 or SC5000/00...is this what yours states?

Secondly, one user noted in an earlier post that their skin looked 'tanned' whilst using the Reaura. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers

Mine model number is SC5000. I think that maybe the person who said they looked tanned was talking about the little brown dots that are sun damage. They come to the surface while using the laser and eventually fall off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:44 am      Reply with quote
My forehead looks a little " tanned " the day after treatment. Another word for it, more appropriate to my skin tone, would be " flushed".

Last night I did treatment four on my cheeks and noticed that the laser was more painful to use, and each cheek was done nice and fast: the laser was firing continually.

I think it worth mentioning that this isn't the most Comfortable of treatments, the "sunburn" afterward can be quite intense. But it seems a very rewarding process.

My décolletage area is very very sandpapery, so I'm optimistic about end results there. Sun damage darkens and then fades.. Razz
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

My décolletage area is very very sandpapery,

This is kind of off topic but for people that are getting that sandpaper kind of skin feeling it might be worth it. I had to stop using my Environ products for a while because of major breakouts. So I went back to using my Mad Hippie Vit C serum and within 2 days all that sandpaper kind of skin was gone. I was using an Environ Vit c product so I don't think it is just the C that made it go away. Not sure what it is. Maybe the Konjac root powder or grapefruit but whatever it is, it works for me. So if it bothers anyone this might be worth a try.

http://www.madhippie.com/index_files/vitamin_c_serum.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, the decolletage area is the area where I got really spectacular results - from blotchy freckly chicken skin to creamy smooth skin. I have a similar care routine to Cookie - Mad Hippie C serum (which smells wonderful and is very smooth)AM and Dr. Pickerts Protect & Restore at night. & of course the Reaura aftercare on those days I have a treatment.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I did get a response on the ReAura board about whether to charge after each use or only when the orange light glows. The answer is below.

Charging

By
Should I be recharging the laser after each use or just when the indicator glows orange?

Reply from skincare expert

Hannah Somers Philips skincare expert
Hi

I would recommend to only charge the device as and when it needs to be charged. So charge your RéAura when the battery indicater lights up orange and it will need to be charged for about an hour.

If you battery inidcater lights up during a treatment, you can still continue as the device will continue to run for about half an hour.

Any other questions, do not hesitate to ask! Smile

Hannah
Skincare Expert

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Another question for Reaura owners, this one in regard to the battery and whether it can be replaced.

One criticism of the Tria laser (posted on thewww.TSC.ca shopping website) is the following:
"Another thing that the purchaser should be aware of: the internal battery is not replaceable. Therefore, when the instrument dies then you will need to buy a completely new Tria unit. You are not told this in any of Tria's literature, I found this out by checking the online blogs regarding this unit. They say that the battery usually dies in about a year, so don't go thinking that one expenditure will last a lifetime"

Can you replace the Reaura's internal battery?
Cheers!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
ReAura states in its own literature that the unit should last 7 years.

I am using mine for face, neck, decolletage, forearms and hands - if it gives out in a year even, I still feel it was worth the money because the results are so outstanding. Now on my second treatment protocol, can't wait to see what the cummulative effects will be over a year or two.

I've head great results with pigmentation lesions and skin tone, also a really indefineable thing where the skin on my face looks like I have gained a little weight (this is a good thing on a 60 year old) and general radiance. I have not seen a reduction in wrinkles or skin laxity but over a much longer time, perhaps I will. What a fun experiment!

Better results than my many professional treatments at a much better cost.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I am wondering the same thing too!

myamax wrote:
Can you replace the Reaura's internal battery?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would post this article here because it talks about the ReAura laser. I think the "how to use" instructions are wrong because it says that it only takes 10 minutes twice a week and it take longer then that to do your face but it does seem that they like the laser. This article link is also in the CACI thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2231009/From-Angelinas-skin-smoother-Brads-bingo-wing-buster-trust-DIY-thats-Deliver-Instant-Youth-gadgets.html#ixzz2C1gKLQ2k

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, are there any derm studies that you are aware of on the Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate form of Vitamin C?

Thanks, BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I thought I would post this article here because it talks about the ReAura laser. I think the "how to use" instructions are wrong because it says that it only takes 10 minutes twice a week and it take longer then that to do your face but it does seem that they like the laser. This article link is also in the CACI thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2231009/From-Angelinas-skin-smoother-Brads-bingo-wing-buster-trust-DIY-thats-Deliver-Instant-Youth-gadgets.html#ixzz2C1gKLQ2k

I just timed how long it took to do my face and it took 12 mins 41 secs (that was with stopping to apply the gel) - so that's not too far off 10 minutes.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Wow Keliu, I am on my 4th week of treatment and its still taking me 20 - 25 minutes! In relation to Cookie D's post concerning charging the device. After reading this I didn't charge it after treating my face, but when I next used it, it started cutting out after only about 5 minutes. So I think I will definitely continue charging after each use as stated in their literature.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I did my face last night and I didn't really time it with a stopwatch but it seemed to take about 5 minutes a section on my face. So that would be 15 minutes total. I have one more treatment to do and will time it to see exactly how long it is taking.

Anne, I know when I first started using the laser it took me much longer per section. I think I averaged about 6 to 8 minutes a section once I got the hang of it. So the face took me 18 to 24 minutes. I think the laser is designed to know how long each users session should be based upon things like temperature of skin, percentage of time the laser is in contact with the skin, speed at which the user move the laser across the skin etc.

Anne, when you say your laser was cutting out after 5 minutes do you mean the power button was turning orange after only using it 5 minutes the second time or something else?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I think that the "timing" feature on the ReAura is probably based on the number of actual pulses generated. I know that when I started it took forever to do my forehead, but now that I am on my second round, it goes as fast as the rest of my face - and I am able to move it in a way that gets an almost continual "green light" status. ditto areas like the nose - just much improved technique through practise. And it takes a lot less time for the stop treating sound to chime in as I am getting the treatment pulses almost continually.

I have also noticed this on my hands which were initially very difficult to treat, but I've now learned how to manipulate my hands and the device to get even and quick treatments.

The timing feature (which may not be about time at all, but number of effective pulses) is one of my favourite features of the ReAura.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are right mismis about the "pulses".
I watched the video on the ReAura site again and noticed how many times the signal was lost when the girl was doing her treatment. I think this was do to her talking while doing the treatment but I hardly ever lose that green light anymore and I did when I was first learning.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie D, no the orange light did not come on. There was just no sound or feeling from the device although the green light was showing as normal. I tried applying a little more of the contact gel but still nothing. I then charged the machine for the full charge i.e until the green light stopped flashing and resumed my treatment. I hope this doesn't mean I have a faulty unit as this is the second one I have had. The first one stopped working after just 2 treatments and it then took 2 weeks for me to receive a replacement. Hopefully this won't be the case this time!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Anne5899 wrote:
Cookie D, no the orange light did not come on. There was just no sound or feeling from the device although the green light was showing as normal. I tried applying a little more of the contact gel but still nothing. I then charged the machine for the full charge i.e until the green light stopped flashing and resumed my treatment. I hope this doesn't mean I have a faulty unit as this is the second one I have had. The first one stopped working after just 2 treatments and it then took 2 weeks for me to receive a replacement. Hopefully this won't be the case this time!

Hi Anne, make sure that you are cleaning the site
glass (the blue window) after each use. Also the other day I was using mine and it stopped doing anything but the power and light were on. I took the "cap" off and looked at the blue window and it was kind of fogged over. I had just gotten back from out of town and my house was cold because I just turned on the heat. I think the difference in the room temperature and the laser heat made the site glass fog over. After I cleaned it, it was fine. I am not sure that is what caused it but that might be something to think about. I have not had any other problems with the laser except when I tried to use a different laser gel I had a little trouble but I did get it to work with the new gel. I just didn't think it was worth having to put on more gel during the treatment because it would dry out a lot quicker then the ReAura gel and I didn't think the other gel was as good.

I did end up buying more ReAura gel from SpaceNK. I just called the UK and ordered it over the phone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
I think that the "timing" feature on the ReAura is probably based on the number of actual pulses generated. I know that when I started it took forever to do my forehead, but now that I am on my second round, it goes as fast as the rest of my face - and I am able to move it in a way that gets an almost continual "green light" status.

That's right - I think it's a great feature of the ReAura. The device itself makes sure you are getting the correct amount of treatment (it's not left for us to judge). So if the device is not making good contact with the skin (with the green light on) the treatment will take you longer to do. As you become more experienced with holding the device correctly, treatments become relatively short.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think the ReAura is something that you will return to? I think I'm concerned that after the initial couple of rounds of treatment there wont be any need to keep it

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
Do you think the ReAura is something that you will return to? I think I'm concerned that after the initial couple of rounds of treatment there wont be any need to keep it

Absolutely!! Aging doesn't stop! We have to keep fighting the good fight!

But seriously, all treatments rely on continuity and dedication. Even surgery doesn't last forever.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Like Cookie, I have had the laser just stop and cleaning the window with a q tip got it working again. I think this might be in the trouble shooting section of the manual. Other common causes are - change of temperature (!) and error mode (just switch it on/off). Trouble shooting starts on page 32 and it is worth a try to go through the whole thing to see if you can divine the cause & cure before sending it back.

Fingers crossed for you! mis
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
puddlelover wrote:

Absolutely!! Aging doesn't stop! We have to keep fighting the good fight!

But seriously, all treatments rely on continuity and dedication. Even surgery doesn't last forever.

I'm with Keliu. You continue to age no matter what. I think I will continue to use ReAura for a long time because it is something I see great results with without a lot of time. I tend to stop using gadgets that either take to long to use on an ongoing basis or I don't see results with. So for me ReAura is a keeper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Do we have a US distributor yet?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |