Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:04 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Dear Sidmo,

I have a few questions for you since you seem to be quite experienced in using various tools and have had good results with the ReAura.

Do you think the ReAura could be used on hands, arms and decolleté? - it is designed to be used on both.

Could the reduction in fine lines be down to the mild inflammation caused by the laser? Partly, as all fraxel treatments, you need to wait for the healing process to finish to see the final result, I have another 8 weeks, so will report back.

Is laser devices thinning the skin in the long run (read that somewhere) and could it be used in combination with the dermaroller to make skin thicker? Laser devices only thin the skin if they are ablative, the Reaura is a non-ablative laser, so there is no thinning. The Reaura is is an electronic derma roller so there is no benefit of using the two together, in fact it would be harmful.

PQ
Sidmo wrote:
Dear Photoqueen,

I have a few questions for you since you seem to be quite experienced in using various tools and have had good results with the ReAura.

Do you think the ReAura could be used on hands, arms and decolleté?

Could the reduction in fine lines be down to the mild inflammation caused by the laser?

Is laser devices thinning the skin in the long run (read that somewhere) and could it be used in combination with the dermaroller to make skin thicker?

Sidmo

Thank you for the answersd!! Any progress to report? Im so temptem to get this....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Photoqueen you certainly seem to be the expert to ask, I wondered how you had found the device for scarring I have some pitted scarring and was recommended fraxel but have read some feedback where people have ended up worse than when they started, so was reluctant to try this as my scarring is from a veinwave treatment that went wrong originally. The second question is does it treat broken capillaries? Finally I see you are an expert and use quite a number of tools and treatments and wondered which have you found the most effective and how has it helped?

Thank you for your feedback, I am pretty bad at buying things with good intentions and they then gather dust in my cupboard Shock
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know when this will be available in the US?? So if one is comparing this to the palovia the reaura emits a constant beam where the palovia emits a beam only for a short duration at a time Is that correct? Thanks for the clarification.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Here his a link to Cybers's log, she is testing for Philips and again like Philip is a very genuine reviewer.
http://www.cyberladyonline.net
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how everyone is getting one with this?
And probably a stupid question , if this is an "electronic derma roller" equivalent , how can you get away with twice weekly treatments given that with derma rolling (Imm) its recommended monthly intervals?

Also, are the expected results similar to derma rolling?

Sorry if these are really stupid questions, but I am thinking of whether this is a good investment , really as a dermarolling alternative.

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
Hi Photoqueen you certainly seem to be the expert to ask, I wondered how you had found the device for scarring I have some pitted scarring and was recommended fraxel but have read some feedback where people have ended up worse than when they started, so was reluctant to try this as my scarring is from a veinwave treatment that went wrong originally.

ReAura in my opinion will not deal with scarring, it will help the skin's texture but not remove the pitting.

The second question is does it treat broken capillaries?

ReAura does not work on broken veins.

Finally I see you are an expert and use quite a number of tools and treatments and wondered which have you found the most effective and how has it helped?

If you read all my posts over the years I think that will answer your question, I can't answer that in one post, as it would take me a week to write it.

PQ

Thank you for your feedback, I am pretty bad at buying things with good intentions and they then gather dust in my cupboard Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Photoqueen, much appreciated Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Hittin40 wrote:
Does anyone know when this will be available in the US?? So if one is comparing this to the palovia the reaura emits a constant beam where the palovia emits a beam only for a short duration at a time Is that correct? Thanks for the clarification.

No idea about the US issue, why not email Philips?

Palovia, gives 25 measure doses of laser, which allows you to treat the eye area. The ReAura, delivers a set dose for an entire area, for example, you use two doses to cover the entire neck area, you split the area into two.

All the information about the product is at:

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/skincare/reaura-sc5000_00/prd/

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi PQ,

Thanks for the link. I am anxious to research on my own and hear more of your results as time goes on.

I had a problem with Palovia. They tout clinical studies, but will not make them available, so this suggests they have something to hide - which automatically sends up a red flag to me.

I see you refer to the ReAura as an electric dermaroller - do you use it similar to the dermaroller (i.e.- that after-serums are a key part of the collagen rebuilding process, etc.)?

Thanks, BFG
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
PQ - have you tried it on your hands?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi PQ,

Thanks for the link. I am anxious to research on my own and hear more of your results as time goes on.

I had a problem with Palovia. They tout clinical studies, but will not make them available, so this suggests they have something to hide - which automatically sends up a red flag to me.

- I found the Palovia, has very limited application, very small areas, only around the eyes, I use it rarely.

I see you refer to the ReAura as an electric dermaroller - do you use it similar to the dermaroller (i.e.- that after-serums are a key part of the collagen rebuilding process, etc.)?

No, I tend to just use Avene Water Spray to take the heat away from the treated area, followed by the after treatment cream supplied with the ReAura.

Thanks, BFG

You are very welcome.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:

No Sidmo, but I am now treating my neck, after 4 treatments, it looks great, I am surprised how firm/tight and smooth the skin is in a short space of time. I am delighted with the machine.

My hands are pretty good, so I don't intend to treat them at the moment.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:51 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Sidmo wrote:

No Sidmo, but I am now treating my neck, after 4 treatments, it looks great, I am surprised how firm/tight and smooth the skin is in a short space of time. I am delighted with the machine.

My hands are pretty good, so I don't intend to treat them at the moment.

PQ

Ok, thank you for the answer!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:49 am      Reply with quote
PQ - sorry for all the questions, but how does it work on sunspots?

I would have to fly to London to get it, so quite a project! Need to be sure it worth it!

Sidmo

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:

I would have to fly to London to get it, so quite a project! Need to be sure it worth it!

Sidmo

In my experience, where I had hyper-pigmentation, related to sun exposure, and in time damage leading towards the collagen/elastin damage: after 6 sessions, I got a roughness around these areas, which is the melanin reacting to the laser, and after a few weeks the spots have vanished.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:49 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Sidmo wrote:

Sidmo

In my experience, where I had hyper-pigmentation, related to sun exposure, and in time damage leading towards the collagen/elastin damage: after 6 sessions, I got a roughness around these areas, which is the melanin reacting to the laser, and after a few weeks the spots have vanished.

PQ

Thanks again!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:47 am      Reply with quote
This device sounds great! I have hyperpigmentation so I'm glad to hear that this works! It's too bad I just ordered the STOP and POSE today so I won't be able to get this for a while. Sad
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
ok..so for all of you in the US wondering when we will be able to purchase here I took Photogueen's suggestion..(thank you very much) and emailed Phillips. Their reply was that as of now they have no launch date for the reaura in the US Crying or Very sad
I'm super bummed. Wanting this!!! If anyone is going to london to get one..let me know.. Smile
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Hittin40 wrote:
ok..so for all of you in the US wondering when we will be able to purchase here I took Photogueen's suggestion..(thank you very much) and emailed Phillips. Their reply was that as of now they have no launch date for the reaura in the US Crying or Very sad
I'm super bummed. Wanting this!!! If anyone is going to london to get one..let me know.. Smile

Sent you a PM.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 am      Reply with quote
How often can/should you repeat the cycle of treatments? Every year or so?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:
How often can/should you repeat the cycle of treatments? Every year or so?

Sidmo

All the answers are in the online manual, I would suggest, if you finish the 16 treatments over 8 weeks, and you want to try using it on the same area again, to improve the results, leave the skin to rest for at least a month, so the skin can go through the normal cycle of regeneration.

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sc5000_00/sc5000_00_dfu_eng.pdf

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hittin40 wrote:

me too, they never emailed me back!! I have a palovia but want something more powerful. Doubtful ill go to London!! They could sell these like crazy here!!!
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:46 am      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
Hittin40 wrote:

me too, they never emailed me back!! I have a palovia but want something more powerful. Doubtful ill go to London!! They could sell these like crazy here!!!

I also e-mailed them to know when they will be available in the rest of europe, which they couldnt say Sad

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I e-mailed philips too and got the same answer. And I've heard the same thing from people all over Europe. I find it a bit strange and annoying that they are selling it only in UK & Holland. Nowadays the market is global anyway.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:23 am      Reply with quote
waeros wrote:
I e-mailed philips too and got the same answer. And I've heard the same thing from people all over Europe. I find it a bit strange and annoying that they are selling it only in UK & Holland. Nowadays the market is global anyway.

It is the same for PaloVia, which is only available in the US.

PQ

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |