Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
My sister is going to take before pics for me tomorrow, and then I will start my 8 week series on Monday!

Ok...vacation started a little than hoped, sigh. Tomorrow I will do pics and then will do the ReAura treatment later this week.

Good luck!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
My sister is going to take before pics for me tomorrow, and then I will start my 8 week series on Monday!

Ok...vacation started a little than hoped, sigh. Tomorrow I will do pics and then will do the ReAura treatment later this week.

Good luck!

PQ

Thanks...I'll keep everyone posted!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Rebecca, I am sorry, I didn't see your post right away.

When I did my first ReAura treatment, my area of concern was mostly my face - the extraordinary results I got on my chest were just a bonus! I waited 28 days for my "after" pics which I will send you if you PM me your personal email.

My chest was so badly damaged I just thought it was beyond saving - & one thing I have concluded is that the more badly damaged the area, the more improvement you will see. How bad is this area for you? For me there were quite profound textural changes and lots of freckles and pigmented lesions. Now it is smooth and pink and the crepeyness has pretty well disappeared. This may also be somewhat linked to my skin type - I am one of those fair skinned redhead with light eyes type.

I am now in the last week of treatment # 2 and I have noticed that new pigment keeps rising in my face. This is damage that wasn't even visible before I started the treatment; I think that the laser treatment accelerates things coming to the surface (what with all the dryness & peeling etc.) but it is all working to refine the surface.

I will soon be posting pics of the results of my forearms on SD. The skin here was so badly damaged that I did not even try it the first round of treatment and the results are the best of all.

We are all different, and I wish everyone had the extremely positive experience I have had with ReAura. Perhaps with your skin type and level of damage, the course of healing the skin will be different from mine. I just know that each time I have a treatment I feel I am healing the damage that is there.

I counted my chest area as one "treatment zone", albeit a large one, but I think ReAura is different than Tria in this regard. I am pretty sure that ReAura measures the number or pulses, not the time per zone.

Perhaps your "after" pics will show you an improvement that you don't notice with the gradual changes that have been happening . . .

best, mis
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
I will soon be posting pics of the results of my forearms on SD.

I counted my chest area as one "treatment zone", albeit a large one

Hi mismis- I have a couple of questions. What does SD stand for? Also in the ReAura user manual
it has the chest area broken down into 2 zones. I am interested if there is a reason why you did it as one zone or was that just a personal preference kind of thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
mismis - what kind of damage was on yr arms? like crepiness? I have a tria and am just about to finish my first 8 wks and have been using it on my arms also but haven't seen any changes. I have loose, crepey skin. (and yes, I lift weights!)
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am talking about my forearms: extensive actinic keratosis, some raised and inflamed, spots of depigmentation from layers of sunburn (sort of an unfreckle if you know what I mean), freckles; plus the skin had a hard quality to it when touched and had lots of fine crepey lines. When I grasped it it looked hard, dry and very wrinkly. There is little or no fat left in my arms which may contribute to the general old looking appearance as well. These are 60 year old arms that have been through a UV war.

I grew up before sunscreens, took every opportunity to sunbathe as a teenager and travelled with my arm hanging out the car window. Also spend lots of time gardening.

There is still lots of room for improvement. But considering I have had just one round on my left arm and 1 1/2 on my right I am truly amazed with how much improvement can be made in a short period of time.

If it just stays at this level I would be more than satisfied, however I will continue with treatments to see if more health can be restored to this area.

Pics on request - I will be shooting my afters about mid January after my skin has had a rest of 2 weeks from treatment. I would post them here, but I have never been successful in doing so!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Rebecca, I am sorry, I didn't see your post right away.

When I did my first ReAura treatment, my area of concern was mostly my face - the extraordinary results I got on my chest were just a bonus! I waited 28 days for my "after" pics which I will send you if you PM me your personal email.

My chest was so badly damaged I just thought it was beyond saving - & one thing I have concluded is that the more badly damaged the area, the more improvement you will see. How bad is this area for you? For me there were quite profound textural changes and lots of freckles and pigmented lesions. Now it is smooth and pink and the crepeyness has pretty well disappeared. This may also be somewhat linked to my skin type - I am one of those fair skinned redhead with light eyes type.

I am now in the last week of treatment # 2 and I have noticed that new pigment keeps rising in my face. This is damage that wasn't even visible before I started the treatment; I think that the laser treatment accelerates things coming to the surface (what with all the dryness & peeling etc.) but it is all working to refine the surface.

I will soon be posting pics of the results of my forearms on SD. The skin here was so badly damaged that I did not even try it the first round of treatment and the results are the best of all.

We are all different, and I wish everyone had the extremely positive experience I have had with ReAura. Perhaps with your skin type and level of damage, the course of healing the skin will be different from mine. I just know that each time I have a treatment I feel I am healing the damage that is there.

I counted my chest area as one "treatment zone", albeit a large one, but I think ReAura is different than Tria in this regard. I am pretty sure that ReAura measures the number or pulses, not the time per zone.

Perhaps your "after" pics will show you an improvement that you don't notice with the gradual changes that have been happening . . .

best, mis

Thank you so so much!!! My chest damage is quite severe also. I am fair skinned dark hair(irish complexion) and freckle easily. My face responded so quickly that I expected my chest to also. I have for the past week or so been treating it more intensly then having a day break (because it gets inflamed) I will see how that goes. It is working because I can see the darkened spots of breaking pigment. My arms are just as you describe yours also!! Gonna do them next.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!
iseolt
5% products discount

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to start my new year off with a Reaura! Found someone in Great Britain to send me one. Now that I have it, boy, am I scared! LOL - and anxious with anticipation.

The adapter to use in the USA. Don't have a lot of electronic stores around so went to Radio Shack (where I never have good luck). Guy tried selling me an adapter for $49.99! - I thought I needed one to just convert the plug (pins) to fit US outlets. Looked online (Amazon) and saw some for $4.95 or so - before I try it, I want to make sure I have the right adapter to use and I don't fry it before trying it!

Yes, I've read 21 pages of this thread! - but it's hard to follow at times (and remember everying).

Now, I should register it. No problem if you are in the US?

Also, what kind of serums, moisturizers, etc. to be used without using any retinols or anything with 'acid' in them? I already have super dry skin (very fair skin as well) - so I want to make sure my skin stays well hydrated.

Love this site! (thought it has caused me to spend on gadgets I never would have heard of) LOL.

Any help/advice/tips would be *immensely* appreciated - as I'm looking at the 'thing' out of the corner of my eye with great suspicion and trepidation as if I totally expect it to jump out at me and attack! Smile

Thanks
Izzy
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like the Reaura can now be purchased and shipped to the US through this site shttp://www.beautytools.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=skin+lasers&Submit=#.UOEJpOTg2So
Tempting but my credit cards are hurting at the moment:|
iseolt, I don't have the Reaura, but do have some devices which like you mentioned only require the converter adapter not a step down transformer, hopefully someone in the know will respond soon.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd give you an update on how I'm progressing with my chest. My chest skin is severely sun damaged. In July I had an IPL treatment and this is the photo I took directly after that.

Before:

The next photo is after 16 ReAura treatments.

After:

As you can see, Nicole Kidman I ain't!! But there has been a marked improvement. My skin is still quite red from last night's treatment - when the redness dissipates, it looks allot better.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my progress. I'm off interstate for around a month because my daughter's having a baby - so I'll give my skin a well deserved rest and continue on when I return home.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
iseolt wrote:

The adapter to use in the USA. Don't have a lot of electronic stores around so went to Radio Shack (where I never have good luck). Guy tried selling me an adapter for $49.99! - I thought I needed one to just convert the plug (pins) to fit US outlets. Looked online (Amazon) and saw some for $4.95 or so - before I try it, I want to make sure I have the right adapter to use and I don't fry it before trying it!

Hi iseolt, This is the kind of plug adapter you need. I got mine at Radio Shack. This one is a little bit more expensive, you can find them cheaper but it was convenient.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3932601

iseolt wrote:

Now, I should register it. No problem if you are in the US?

You can register it fine from the US. You just need to make sure that you go to the website that is printed on the little blue paper card. It should be in your paper work. You will need the serial number off of your laser to register.

iseolt wrote:

Also, what kind of serums, moisturizers, etc. to be used without using any retinols or anything with 'acid' in them? I already have super dry skin (very fair skin as well) - so I want to make sure my skin stays well hydrated.

As far as moisturizers etc. I have total different type of skin then yours so I will let someone else answer that for you. I know that you can use CeraVe lotion and I still used a Vit C product and added back in a Vit A product later but this might be too much for you skin type.

The most helpful things I can tell you is to use a mirror at first. It will help you keep laser contact with you skin. If you try to move the laser too fast the green contact light will go off and the laser will not be "firing". So keep a steady pace. There is a slight learning curve at first but you will get the hang of it. Make sure you clean the laser window after each use. Depending on your skin type and tolerance you will turn pink or red afterwards. Make sure you use some of the ReAura aftercare lotion. You can put it in the refrigerator to make it cooler on you face. Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Iseolt - there's no point in being scared of this gadget - it's extremely easy to use and very user friendly. Just follow the instructions and you can't go wrong.

You only need to buy an adapter - where I live, they're available from the local supermarket for a few dollars. You can register your device on the website.

You should have received the Laser Aftercare Complex with the device. So just apply that after the treatment and if your skin feels very dry. Other than that, any good moisturiser of your choice will be fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
It looks like the Reaura can now be purchased and shipped to the US through this site shttp://www.beautytools.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=skin+lasers&Submit=#.UOEJpOTg2So
Tempting but my credit cards are hurting at the moment:|
iseolt, I don't have the Reaura, but do have some devices which like you mentioned only require the converter adapter not a step down transformer, hopefully someone in the know will respond soon.

That link didn't work for me, so here is the direct one...I was hoping they might carry the replacement gel but they don't.

http://www.beautytools.com/Philips-ReAura-Laser-Skin-Rejuvenation-p/philips-reaura-laser.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Thought I'd give you an update on how I'm progressing with my chest. My chest skin is severely sun damaged. In July I had an IPL treatment and this is the photo I took directly after that.

Before:

After:

As you can see, Nicole Kidman I ain't!! But there has been a marked improvement. My skin is still quite red from last night's treatment - when the redness dissipates, it looks allot better.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my progress. I'm off interstate for around a month because my daughter's having a baby - so I'll give my skin a well deserved rest and continue on when I return home.

Very impressive progress!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:42 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Before:

After:

Very impressive progress!

It is a great device!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Would you all stop re-posting the photos, looking at them is more agony than the laser itself!!! Bad Grin They're so appalling I can't stand looking at them!!

But, yes, PQ - it's a fantastic device!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - that's awesome! I have not used my device as much as I wish I could. For starters, my skin takes longer to heal up from a session but it'll get used to it. Plus with 4 kids, twins who are 3 month old, just never enough time in the day. However, the sessions I have done, I'm blown away. I'm seeing a decrease in scars, age spots, etc. Love it! This device is well worth the money. I'll have to take photos sometime.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Would you all stop re-posting the photos, looking at them is more agony than the laser itself!!! Bad Grin They're so appalling I can't stand looking at them!!

But, yes, PQ - it's a fantastic device!!

Great results Keliu. Congratulations.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting a direct link Bethany, that device seems to do an amazing job indeed. I so want one.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just did my first face treatment with the ReAura. I ended up using Level 2, and prickly is the word I would use to best describe the treatment process. Definitely far less painful for me than rolling. (I am a Fitzpatrick I or II...fair skin with some pigmentation issues and a low pain tolerance)

Once I was done, I showered and then applied the Environ Hydrating serum, followed by the Environ C-Quence 3. My face is currently VERY red and tingly...very similar to when I had professional Fraxel many years ago. We'll see what things look like in the morning...I am guessing I will still be red and puffy.

My plan is to treat my neck and chest tomorrow, and my face again later in the week when the redness dissipates. I am hoping to do 2 face treatments and 2 neck/chest treatments per week. We'll see how it goes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - the After Laser Care Complex supplied with the device really does calm the skin down - I find it very effective. So if you get really irritated, I would consider using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bethany - the After Laser Care Complex supplied with the device really does calm the skin down - I find it very effective. So if you get really irritated, I would consider using it.

I actually just applied some after the C-Quence fully absorbed. It was thicker than I was expecting...very nice! I wish I had ordered more of that when I got my unit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I actually just applied some after the C-Quence fully absorbed. It was thicker than I was expecting...very nice! I wish I had ordered more of that when I got my unit.

My bottle isn't empty yet so it lasts awhile because I've done quite a number of treatments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

My bottle isn't empty yet so it lasts awhile because I've done quite a number of treatments.

I was impressed at how little gel was required as well.

I am already looking better than I was an hour ago, so I am hoping that I can do 2 treatments a week as recommended.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

I was impressed at how little gel was required as well.

I am already looking better than I was an hour ago, so I am hoping that I can do 2 treatments a week as recommended.

The trick with the device is to use the smallest amount of the gel, as too much gel blocks the nozzle.

PQ

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |