Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:13 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

I actually just applied some after the C-Quence fully absorbed. It was thicker than I was expecting...very nice! I wish I had ordered more of that when I got my unit.

My bottle isn't empty yet so it lasts awhile because I've done quite a number of treatments.

I was impressed at how little gel was required as well.

I am already looking better than I was an hour ago, so I am hoping that I can do 2 treatments a week as recommended.

The trick with the device is to use the smallest amount of the gel, as too much gel blocks the nozzle.

PQ

And I did just that, based on the great guidance you and Keliu had previously provided! Otherwise I would have used way too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

I actually just applied some after the C-Quence fully absorbed. It was thicker than I was expecting...very nice! I wish I had ordered more of that when I got my unit.

My bottle isn't empty yet so it lasts awhile because I've done quite a number of treatments.

I was impressed at how little gel was required as well.

I am already looking better than I was an hour ago, so I am hoping that I can do 2 treatments a week as recommended.

The trick with the device is to use the smallest amount of the gel, as too much gel blocks the nozzle.

PQ

And I did just that, based on the great guidance you and Keliu had previously provided! Otherwise I would have used way too much.

Great, I just love this device!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just did my first face treatment with the ReAura. I ended up using Level 2, and prickly is the word I would use to best describe the treatment process. Definitely far less painful for me than rolling. (I am a Fitzpatrick I or II...fair skin with some pigmentation issues and a low pain tolerance)

Once I was done, I showered and then applied the Environ Hydrating serum, followed by the Environ C-Quence 3. My face is currently VERY red and tingly...very similar to when I had professional Fraxel many years ago. We'll see what things look like in the morning...I am guessing I will still be red and puffy.

My plan is to treat my neck and chest tomorrow, and my face again later in the week when the redness dissipates. I am hoping to do 2 face treatments and 2 neck/chest treatments per week. We'll see how it goes!

This morning I was still pink and slightly puffy, so it definitely had an impact. At this point I think I will be doing my 2nd treatment later in the week, as opposed to just waiting 48 hours. Maybe Wednesday or so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Tonight I treated my neck (more painful than my face) and chest. I don't have pigmentation issues there and was turning beet red quickly, so I did half the recommended pulses the first time.

I also treated my hands (not painful, but not easy when using my non-dominant hand) and both my forearms with the recommended pulses.

The Laser Aftercare definitely help reduce the burning on my hands quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
So it looks like spaceNk is no longer carrying the ReAura gel/aftercare complex. Has anyone else found a place that will deliver to the US?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So it looks like spaceNk is no longer carrying the ReAura gel/aftercare complex. Has anyone else found a place that will deliver to the US?

I think you have to use the UK site not the US site to order:

http://uk.spacenk.com/LASER-PERFORMANCE-GEL/MUK200007913,en_GB,pd.html

Having said that, I encountered trouble with completing the checkout - even though they accepted my country - it wouldn't work out the postage. You might have to phone the order in. But they will definitely ship the serum and gel internationally (unlike the device).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I saw on the SpaceNK UK site that they are out of stock of both the gel and the aftercare complex. Maybe they will get some back in stock. I know when I ordered from the UK site they were out of stock before but got some back in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

I saw on the SpaceNK UK site that they are out of stock of both the gel and the aftercare complex. Maybe they will get some back in stock. I know when I ordered from the UK site they were out of stock before but got some back in.

Hopefully! I'll keep checking back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

I bought my last gel on ebay.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

I bought my last gel on ebay.

PQ

I checked there earlier today...nothing. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone purchased their ReAura on ebay? If so, are you able to register the product and receive the warranty?

There are two listed on ebay presently. Both sellers are rated well. Would you have a concern purchasing one on ebay?

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Has anyone purchased their ReAura on ebay? If so, are you able to register the product and receive the warranty?

There are two listed on ebay presently. Both sellers are rated well. Would you have a concern purchasing one on ebay?

Thanks!

MaryClaire, they are actually the same seller. I purchased from him via another channel which was far cheaper, and had an AWESOME sales experience. (he even noticed I was looking for some more Aftercare lotion and emailed me about it today)

I will PM you with the details.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tonight I treated my neck (more painful than my face) and chest. I don't have pigmentation issues there and was turning beet red quickly, so I did half the recommended pulses the first time.

I also treated my hands (not painful, but not easy when using my non-dominant hand) and both my forearms with the recommended pulses.

The Laser Aftercare definitely help reduce the burning on my hands quickly.

Everything is still pink, including my face that I did 2 days ago. I am guessing 3-4 days for the redness to fully subside after a treatment, sigh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
MarieClaire can you give me the link for the ebay store please?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - I can only do 1 treatment per week because my face gets super red and then it takes awhile for the little brown specks to fade away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Bethany - I can only do 1 treatment per week because my face gets super red and then it takes awhile for the little brown specks to fade away.

Hmmm...I didn't get any little brown specs! But I am starting to think that once a week may be better for me too, based on how pink/puffy I still am.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Cross posting from the Tria thread...does anyone have any thoughts on this?

bethany wrote:
shamus wrote:
Well, I came across something totally by accident, which I would like to share. I have been using my laser on level 3 on the bottom quarter of my face, in an effort to lessen those pesky deep lines at the sides of my mouth (guess I laugh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much!!!). Anyways, the result is my lower face is really red. I have some zinc cream and since it's supposed to be good for "redness", I thought I'd give it a go. Now,you gotta rub it in really well or you have a white face....but OMG, the redness has been significantly lessened....I'm just a wee bit pink but only in little areas!!!!!I just tried this last night so if it continues, I might actually try to bump up the whole face to level 3. The cream I have is 40% zinc. Just an fyi! Blessings all!
P.S....Zelda, got all my appendages crossed for 'ya!

Zinc definitely reduces inflammation, but I personally am not sure you want to overdo that from a collagen development standpoint.

The laser wounding from the Tria and the ReAura kicks off the wound healing inflammatory process which is required to generate collagen....the same as what happens with dermarolling. All the clinical studies related to rolling discuss the necessity of the inflammatory phase, so we do want to really lessen that?

I am struggling with the same question myself as it relates to using the ReAura Laser Aftercare complex which does help with the immediate burning sensation. I *want* to use it, but I am not sure it is best from a results standpoint. And if you bump up to Level 3 but are immediately reducing the inflammation, is that essentially reducing your results to that of Level 2 or below?

At the end of the day, I am not really sure myself, but have decided to try and not use anything anti inflammatory based on how the wound healing cascade process is said to work. But I understand completely if others have a differing viewpoint and approach.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
Zinc definitely reduces inflammation, but I personally am not sure you want to overdo that from a collagen development standpoint.

The laser wounding from the Tria and the ReAura kicks off the wound healing inflammatory process which is required to generate collagen....the same as what happens with dermarolling. All the clinical studies related to rolling discuss the necessity of the inflammatory phase, so we do want to really lessen that?

I am struggling with the same question myself as it relates to using the ReAura Laser Aftercare complex which does help with the immediate burning sensation. I *want* to use it, but I am not sure it is best from a results standpoint. And if you bump up to Level 3 but are immediately reducing the inflammation, is that essentially reducing your results to that of Level 2 or below?

At the end of the day, I am not really sure myself, but have decided to try and not use anything anti inflammatory based on how the wound healing cascade process is said to work. But I understand completely if others have a differing viewpoint and approach.

Yes, Zinc is an anti-inflammatory and it's my go-to for breakouts. But I tend to agree with Bethany - the inflammatory response from the laser could be a plus in terms of collagen production. I do know that after a professional laser treatment, the only thing that is recommended is Vaseline - and this is to stop the skin from drying out and scabbing (something that we don't have to worry about with the ReAura - it's not that invasive).

As for the Laser Aftercare Complex - I'm just trusting that they're recommending this for the right reasons and it's not counter-productive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Yes, Zinc is an anti-inflammatory and it's my go-to for breakouts. But I tend to agree with Bethany - the inflammatory response from the laser could be a plus in terms of collagen production. I do know that after a professional laser treatment, the only thing that is recommended is Vaseline - and this is to stop the skin from drying out and scabbing (something that we don't have to worry about with the ReAura - it's not that invasive).

As for the Laser Aftercare Complex - I'm just trusting that they're recommending this for the right reasons and it's not counter-productive.

I just looked over the description on the ReAura page...it appears to be primarily for hydration, but does have some anti inflammatory ingredients. But since it was developed in partnership with Fraxel I am going to use it, but on a limited basis.

Quote:

Hydrates the skin during the cell renewal process

The laser aftercare complex is a vital part of Philips RéAura laser skin rejuvenation. Your skin needs hydration after the treatment and during the process of cell renewal that is triggered by the Philips RéAura device. Use the laser aftercare complex immediately after each treatment. Re-apply it within one hour after the treatment and on the days in between laser treatments to hydrate as needed.

Developed with the makers of Fraxel® laser technology

The laser aftercare complex has been specially formulated to be used after treatment with the Philips RéAura device. It has been developed with the makers of Fraxel® laser technology, based on their expertise in lasered skin.

With ingredients known to have anti-inflammatory properties

The laser aftercare complex cares for your skin after treating with the Philips RéAura device. It contains calming chamomile as well as Saint John's wort and edelweiss extracts, which are known for their anti-inflammatory properties.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/skincare/reaura-60-g-bottle-with-pump-sc5101_00/prd/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Idk about the zinc, Bethany. But I do know that I spent 8 weeks wearing quite a lot of make up whilst doing my bi weekly laser treatments. I did find it hard going having such dry skin, exfoliating and hydrating so much, and my forehead was very pink and very rough the whole time. And in a week or so, I'll start my round two of the process! I never thought of spacing the treatments apart.. I just thought I'd bite the bullet and come out the other side.. so I really sympathise about the pinknness. I'm hoping that I'll be less pink for round two! I've lost so much skin discoloration from just one round with reaura, that I'm amazed. I have wasted so much money on products which have done nothing .. the pinkness seemed a small price to pay.. though I got seriously tired of it. I used estee lauder double wear foundation every day, which normally I think of as my "air hostess make up" that I only need for occasional arduous days when I have to look formally 'made up'.
I noticed that the reaura brought to the surface wrinkles on the outside of my frown lines.. sort of the 'supporting' frown lines, that join in the 11's...I never saw them before.. I'm hoping they disappear with round 2 treatments, and I'm back on the safetox, to actually try to iron out the whole area. So yeah, not the easiest of rides. But, at the same time, huge payoff. Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Idk about the zinc, Bethany. But I do know that I spent 8 weeks wearing quite a lot of make up whilst doing my bi weekly laser treatments. I did find it hard going having such dry skin, exfoliating and hydrating so much, and my forehead was very pink and very rough the whole time. And in a week or so, I'll start my round two of the process! I never thought of spacing the treatments apart.. I just thought I'd bite the bullet and come out the other side.. so I really sympathise about the pinknness. I'm hoping that I'll be less pink for round two! I've lost so much skin discoloration from just one round with reaura, that I'm amazed. I have wasted so much money on products which have done nothing .. the pinkness seemed a small price to pay.. though I got seriously tired of it. I used estee lauder double wear foundation every day, which normally I think of as my "air hostess make up" that I only need for occasional arduous days when I have to look formally 'made up'.
I noticed that the reaura brought to the surface wrinkles on the outside of my frown lines.. sort of the 'supporting' frown lines, that join in the 11's...I never saw them before.. I'm hoping they disappear with round 2 treatments, and I'm back on the safetox, to actually try to iron out the whole area. So yeah, not the easiest of rides. But, at the same time, huge payoff. Wink

I am glad to hear that it has been worth it! And thanks for sharing what you have been going through...at least people know what to expect!

I do admit that I am glad I work from a home office, and am dreading some upcoming client meetings over the next 7 weeks. Especially since one is a beauty client and they are ALL about the skin and how you look, sigh. They will spot my red face a mile away, lol.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
MaryClaire, they are actually the same seller. I purchased from him via another channel which was far cheaper, and had an AWESOME sales experience. (he even noticed I was looking for some more Aftercare lotion and emailed me about it today)

Hello Bethany,

I wonder if you would be so kind as to please PM me your seller? I am super keen to purchase ReAura or Tria (different positives & negatives to both); am having trouble finding a purchasing method from Australia that does not entail a large mark-up!

Many thanks!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Here is an article with Courtney Cox talking about Fraxel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2258557/Courteney-Cox-wears-scarf-new-anti-aging-magazine.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Lisee wrote:
bethany wrote:

Hello Bethany,

I wonder if you would be so kind as to please PM me your seller? I am super keen to purchase ReAura or Tria (different positives & negatives to both); am having trouble finding a purchasing method from Australia that does not entail a large mark-up!

Many thanks!!!

Will do!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:47 am      Reply with quote
What we are trying to do is also known as scar-free wound healing. Here is a link to a brief overview:

http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/359/1445/839.abstract

It's been known for quite awhile that embryonic tissue response varies quite a bit from adult response and as I understand it, it quite a bit more favorable from an anti-aging perspective.

There are researchers currently working on developing adult regimens (topicals, etc.) that mimic the embryonic response.

I hope to find the time one day soon to better understand this as I think it's key.

BFG
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |