Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I recently saw a TV ad for Cougar Town featuring Courteney Cox and she looked quite messed up, facially...appeared to me to be side effects either of too much surgery or recording the promo while she was still in the recovery phase from a recent surgery.

I recall that happening once to Sharon Stone. She did a photo shoot too soon after surgery and the angles made her look strange. Better to wait for the swelling and such to go down or re-arrange itself Wink

BFG
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Bethany - I can only do 1 treatment per week because my face gets super red and then it takes awhile for the little brown specks to fade away.

Hmmm...I didn't get any little brown specs! But I am starting to think that once a week may be better for me too, based on how pink/puffy I still am.

The brown specs are the pigment coming to the surface and breaking apart. You may not get them right away. Depends on what kind of sun damage you have on your skin. For me they felt and looked like I had tiny specs of dirt on my face. They do go away and get better as you get rid of existing sun damage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I definitely have sun damage. It's not as bad as when I first started using the ReAura though, so that's good. I'm heading in the right direction with this beauty of a gadget. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Bethany - I can only do 1 treatment per week because my face gets super red and then it takes awhile for the little brown specks to fade away.

Hmmm...I didn't get any little brown specs! But I am starting to think that once a week may be better for me too, based on how pink/puffy I still am.

The brown specs are the pigment coming to the surface and breaking apart. You may not get them right away. Depends on what kind of sun damage you have on your skin. For me they felt and looked like I had tiny specs of dirt on my face. They do go away and get better as you get rid of existing sun damage.

Are you sure that it's not just little scabs from all the laser holes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just treated my face, neck, and chest with Level 3. Shock I was able to do 5 zones when the fan turned on...I finished the current zone, then turned it off and started recharging the unit. I was able to do another zone, turned it off when the fan came on again, and then finished up the last zone.

So 7 zones of treatment (3 faces, 2 neck, 2 chest) without it locking up on me for the 24 hour limit.

Tomorrow I will do my hands and forearms (6 zones).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

For me it's not. If I looked really close I could see it was pigmentation especially in area where I had some brown spots. You could see where the laser was breaking the spots up. If you get on the ReAura site I think there are some questions about this happening to people.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

For me it's not. If I looked really close I could see it was pigmentation especially in area where I had some brown spots. You could see where the laser was breaking the spots up. If you get on the ReAura site I think there are some questions about this happening to people.

Very interesting. I guess if it was just little scabs, you would see the little brown specs evenly all over your face. Hopefully I will see some soon!

It's been about 6 hours since I finished my first Level 3 treatment, and I can definitely see more puffiness on my face and redness on my neck/chest as compared to Level 2.

I reread an article on inflammation yesterday, and was reminded that it is very important to repair the skin barrier after any kind of resurfacing treatment. I suspect that is part of what the Aftercare Complex does, but I am going to look at the ingredients and make sure that it has the required 3 components for barrier repair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
......I reread an article on inflammation yesterday, and was reminded that it is very important to repair the skin barrier after any kind of resurfacing treatment......

Sorry if my post is off-topic.

For inflammation after dermarolling, there are different schools of thought whether we should reduce & minimize the inflammation or not to do anything & let it be.

If we repair the skin barrier after laser treatment, will it reduce inflammation too?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
bethany wrote:
......I reread an article on inflammation yesterday, and was reminded that it is very important to repair the skin barrier after any kind of resurfacing treatment......

Sorry if my post is off-topic.

For inflammation after dermarolling, there are different schools of thought whether we should reduce & minimize the inflammation or not to do anything & let it be.

If we repair the skin barrier after laser treatment, will it reduce inflammation too?

Not necessarily, as the requirements for barriers repair are ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids. However, the ReAura Aftercare Complex developed with Fraxel does have some anti inflammatories in it. I personally avoid anti inflammatories when rolling though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

Noted.

If so, we may make a simple DIY skin barrier serum by putting some of this complex into a plain cream or just even water.

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/sk-influx-v.html

ETA

This one looks good too as it contains ceramide complex.

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Organicals_Time_Defy_Anti_Aging_MultiLamellar_Ceramide_Serum/76
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I use CeraVe for barrier repair. I can't use it on my face and neck because it is too heavy for my type of skin but do use it on my chest, neck and hands after a ReAura treatment. It works really well for me. I do use the ReAura aftercare
cream on my face and neck but not after every treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
There are plenty of oils which contain ceramides - I use an oil after both rolling and the ReAura treatments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Bethany,

Noted.

If so, we may make a simple DIY skin barrier serum by putting some of this complex into a plain cream or just even water.

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/sk-influx-v.html

ETA

This one looks good too as it contains ceramide complex.

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Organicals_Time_Defy_Anti_Aging_MultiLamellar_Ceramide_Serum/76

This is my favorite....it has all 3 required components for barrier repair.

http://www.skinactives.com/ELS-Serum-Every-Lipid-Serum-with-Ceramide.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just treated my face, neck, and chest with Level 3. Shock I was able to do 5 zones when the fan turned on...I finished the current zone, then turned it off and started recharging the unit. I was able to do another zone, turned it off when the fan came on again, and then finished up the last zone.

So 7 zones of treatment (3 faces, 2 neck, 2 chest) without it locking up on me for the 24 hour limit.

Tomorrow I will do my hands and forearms (6 zones).

Just an FYI that Level 3 definitely kicked my butt! Shock I still look VERY red and puffy nearly 24 hours after my treatment. Very much like I did when I had a professional Fraxel treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Grrrr....just did treatment number 2 on my hands and forearms, and somehow managed to do a Level 1 (worthless training session) treatment on one hand. So I redid it, and ended up doing both my hands and forearms at Level 3 and skipped the aftercare lotion. I did apply Environ A/C products after the treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, there is definitely a learning curve with ReAura. At first I really had trouble with my forehead, but now it is a breeze. Hands are tricky, but it is there that I have had some of my best results. And by the end of one protocol it seems much easier and quicker.

Have you tried moving the part being treated rather than moving the laser? This works well in some situations.

Like most things, a little practice improves ease of performance. At first it can be difficult to keep the treatment light on, but after a few weeks you will find it fires continuously with little effort.

best, mis
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 am      Reply with quote
My mother and i have both the reaura so i am selling mine for $900 from the netherlands. I used it for one treatment is 8 weeks. I don't have the cream, i use it myself. pm if you interested

cherry
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am nearing the end of my second round of treatments on my neck. I am finally seeing some progress there. My tree trunk lines are looking better and things might be tighten up a bit. Just wanted to say that it might take some time to see results on certain areas. I didn't see any results on my neck the first round so I am very happy about this. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I am nearing the end of my second round of treatments on my neck. I am finally seeing some progress there. My tree trunk lines are looking better and things might be tighten up a bit. Just wanted to say that it might take some time to see results on certain areas. I didn't see any results on my neck the first round so I am very happy about this. Smile

That is great news. I have always had darn neck bands, and it would be great if I could get rid of them to some degree.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Bethany, there is definitely a learning curve with ReAura. At first I really had trouble with my forehead, but now it is a breeze. Hands are tricky, but it is there that I have had some of my best results. And by the end of one protocol it seems much easier and quicker.

Have you tried moving the part being treated rather than moving the laser? This works well in some situations.

Like most things, a little practice improves ease of performance. At first it can be difficult to keep the treatment light on, but after a few weeks you will find it fires continuously with little effort.

best, mis

Mis, I have the technique down pretty much now....everywhere except my nose! I am going to try moving my nose with my other hand and see if that helps at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention that I used the Cure exfoliator tonight, and I think it is going to be indispensable during this process. My face definitely felt less pebbly after I used it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just wanted to mention that I used the Cure exfoliator tonight, and I think it is going to be indispensable during this process. My face definitely felt less pebbly after I used it.

I also found the Cure Gel to be really effective after my last needling treatment.

I'm very content with how my skin is looking at the moment. By "content" I mean that the laser has stopped me searching for that miracle potion and I'm quite happy to trust in both the laser and needling treatments to do the best possible for my skin. I was reading in a gossip magazine today that Courtney Cox credits regular Fraxel treatments for her good skin. We may not have the money for regular professional treatments, but I think these home-use devices can bring us results with constant use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, are the tree trunk lines you mentioned the circular banding around the neck or the fine vertical banding?

The neck is the area which showed the least improvement for me, but my plan now is to treat for a few YEARS before writing off improvement. The area which most concerns me is a fine vertical crepeyness under the chin and about 20% down the very front of the neck. I was planning on some surgical tightening at some point but will treat in the meantime to see if changes can be made. I know that other "lost" areas, like my arms have changed in resilience and texture. I am looking forward to starting third treatment end of January.

Thanks for the update, it gives me hope!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:02 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Cookie, are the tree trunk lines you mentioned the circular banding around the neck or the fine vertical banding?

The neck is the area which showed the least improvement for me, but my plan now is to treat for a few YEARS before writing off improvement. The area which most concerns me is a fine vertical crepeyness under the chin and about 20% down the very front of the neck. I was planning on some surgical tightening at some point but will treat in the meantime to see if changes can be made. I know that other "lost" areas, like my arms have changed in resilience and texture. I am looking forward to starting third treatment end of January.

Thanks for the update, it gives me hope!

Yes Mismis, I am talking about the lines around my neck. I have a total of 3 lines but the last one just showed up within the last maybe 6 or 9 months. That one is almost gone. The other 2 are not as deep and prominent. I am not sure those 2 will ever go totally away but one can hope.

My under chin area is fine so I can't comment on that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:

The neck is the area which showed the least improvement for me, but my plan now is to treat for a few YEARS before writing off improvement. The area which most concerns me is a fine vertical crepeyness under the chin and about 20% down the very front of the neck. I was planning on some surgical tightening at some point but will treat in the meantime to see if changes can be made. I know that other "lost" areas, like my arms have changed in resilience and texture. I am looking forward to starting third treatment end of January

Hang in there mismis. You may still see great results, but they might take some time. I used to dread wearing turtle necks in the winter because they emphasized the waddle under my chin. I had two ultrasound treatments in 2011 to try to fix the area and tighten the neck in general. And I ended up being pretty disappointment with the results - until this year - almost 18 months after the first treatment - and now I am amazed at how much improvement there has been. I think some results take much longer than we would like. And it's quite difficult to measure the little changes as they are occurring. It takes some defining moment - like putting on that turtle neck sweater after a year - to really appreciate what is going on.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |