Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I looked over the ingredients on the ReAura Aftercare Complex, and was very impressed with the ingredients (a VERY long list or I would type it up). It has Vit A, C, A, and all the required ingredients for skin barrier repair.

I knew I really liked it, but now I am wondering if it is the cream or the ReAura that is causing my face to break out! I have had 3 mega zits which are pretty unusual for me. (I am guessing it may more the ReAura's heat causing blockages to rise to the top of the pore).

On a positive note, my sister mentioned seeing improvements in my skin already. Woot!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Sadly, I have to skip a treatment this week because I dyed my hair and had a reaction to the hair dye and got a case of contact dermatitis (tried a new brand, sigh). Although maybe I'll just avoid my hairline area.

I really wish I could start doing twice a week treatments but my skin gets the "uglies" pretty bad although last session I noticed only in certain spots, not all over like before. So that's good. Smile Like right above my lip area it gets bad still and my forehead.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have been following all the threads and am really pleased at all the success stories. I am also pleased with results so far although there seemed to be more of a difference near the beginning. What sort of gap should be left between treatments? Has anyone done more than two rounds of treatment and, if so, do the results get better all the time? Thanks for any replies
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi CASE0001

I am currently on my fourth round of ReAura treatment, having bought the device back in Nov '11. Yes, I think results are accumulative but I also think that the most dramatic improvement can be seen following the first treatment course. That said, results do keep on improving - my crows feet are now much less pronounced and my skin tone becomes steadily clearer and smoother each time I use it, though I have always looked after my skin and fortunately don't suffer from any significant skin problems. I do think though that a balanced skincare regime is important, and I know highly respected PQ often talks about layering treatments. In addition to ReAura, I have regular salon CACI facials - I don't think anyone has developed a 'must-have' microcurrent home device yet - and will be alternating LED (LightStim or BQ) plus Stop device shortly with my ReAura. Regarding treatment breaks, I leave a full month between treatment courses to allow my skin to fully recover and I also don't use the ReAura June-Sept because it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun, even though I have always worn SPF 30/40 year-round. Hope this is useful.
Tracey
needmeds

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:
Has anyone purchased their ReAura on ebay? If so, are you able to register the product and receive the warranty?

There are two listed on ebay presently. Both sellers are rated well. Would you have a concern purchasing one on ebay?

Thanks!

MaryClaire, they are actually the same seller. I purchased from him via another channel which was far cheaper, and had an AWESOME sales experience. (he even noticed I was looking for some more Aftercare lotion and emailed me about it today)

I will PM you with the details.

Bethany, is there any chance you could pm me the sellers info as well please?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:
Hi CASE0001

I am currently on my fourth round of ReAura treatment, having bought the device back in Nov '11. Yes, I think results are accumulative but I also think that the most dramatic improvement can be seen following the first treatment course. That said, results do keep on improving - my crows feet are now much less pronounced and my skin tone becomes steadily clearer and smoother each time I use it, though I have always looked after my skin and fortunately don't suffer from any significant skin problems. I do think though that a balanced skincare regime is important, and I know highly respected PQ often talks about layering treatments. In addition to ReAura, I have regular salon CACI facials - I don't think anyone has developed a 'must-have' microcurrent home device yet - and will be alternating LED (LightStim or BQ) plus Stop device shortly with my ReAura. Regarding treatment breaks, I leave a full month between treatment courses to allow my skin to fully recover and I also don't use the ReAura June-Sept because it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun, even though I have always worn SPF 30/40 year-round. Hope this is useful.
Tracey

Hi Tracey,
It sounds like you are having good results with the Reaura. I would be curious to know your age group, skin type (i.e., thin, medium or thick skin) and whether or not you had any other fine lines/wrinkles beside the crows feet where you noticed improvments... also did you see any improvement in pore size? Thanks, Aprile
chasemom
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
needmeds wrote:
bethany wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:
Has anyone purchased their ReAura on ebay? If so, are you able to register the product and receive the warranty?

There are two listed on ebay presently. Both sellers are rated well. Would you have a concern purchasing one on ebay?

Thanks!

MaryClaire, they are actually the same seller. I purchased from him via another channel which was far cheaper, and had an AWESOME sales experience. (he even noticed I was looking for some more Aftercare lotion and emailed me about it today)

I will PM you with the details.

Bethany, is there any chance you could pm me the sellers info as well please?

Hi, me too!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto - I may go back to using "their" conducting gel. Thanks.
CASE0001

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tracey,

Thanks so much for your reply, it was really helpful as I have been confused about how long it is sage to use the Reaura without a break and whether it continues to improve the skin with time. I started a second round of treatment but only had a weeks break in between. I am going to rest for a month and use my Stop for a while. Somebody commented on how well I look today so something must be working! Thanks again
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a good result substituting glycerin for reaura conducting gel. Did a full treatment on both arms. It did not burn. It stayed moist. The "glide" was almost identical to the gel. It works better than the generic gel I have been using. One application lasted the entire treatment. It is CHEAP.

If anyone wants to try this, try a test patch first (I did it on my leg and left it over night to see the effects).

The label says glycerin is useful for the treatment of chapped skin and minor burns. interesting..
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile

Sure. I'm 45.I have pale skin and the thickness of it, well not too sure, but prob medium. With the ReAura my pore size has reduced. And I have seen line improvement on the forehead too. I don't really have them elswhere. My lines are pretty shallow and dynamic rather than static but after turning 40 I started to notice the ageing process whereas I hadn't in my 30s. I have read somewhere that you lose 1% of your collagen each year once you hit 40! Not sure if it's true but it's scary and I have certainly noticed less plumpness too in my skin over the last few yeas. And that's the great thing about the device; it attacks multiple age-related issues, so firmness/plumpness/skin tone/lines etc. Another thing to note with me is that I had a few whispy spider veins appearing on my face and I was worried these would get worse as I aged. The ReAura seems to have shrunk those too (I can't think of anything else I could attribute it to), to the point where I can barely see them now and I don't need to use concealer on them anymore. So yes I am delighted with the ReAura - best home device for me - but I am realistic with the improvements and know that they aren't going to be as dramatic as with dermatologist level Fraxel but I'd rather have the control, it's so much cheaper and no down time. The main ReAura downside for me is the creeping redness I get (now from about week 5 onwards but earlier when I first started so I'm hoping this will lessen the more treatment courses I complete). It lasts longer between treatments and I get flushed more easily (this usually goes a few weeks into my post-course rest period). I use NARS 30SPF tinted moisturiser (light but with v good coverage, I love it) to cover but I don't like the flused look. The skin dryness I am tackling better now - I use a nourishing mask the day after every treatment (Caudalie or Liz Earle I love) and I also use Wei hdyrating face pads (v expensive - about £7 a mask - but incredbily nourishing and I get two uses out of each mask).
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I think the light stim is helpful at bringing down the flush. Smile
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks catski. Very helpful. I don't have a lightstim - yet. I want one but they are not available in the uk though I understand qvc will be selling it from June. I may wait or buy the bq instead.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
They turn up often on ebay and are cheaper than the babyq, which has a smaller treatment head.

Keep an eye on ebay!
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just had a friend ship me a reaura from the UK. Anyone who has one of these from the UK, can you tell me, Do I just need a converter for the plug or a transformer for the change in voltage? Don't want to blow it out!

Appreciate any info you can share!

Thanks!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 am      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
I just had a friend ship me a reaura from the UK. Anyone who has one of these from the UK, can you tell me, Do I just need a converter for the plug or a transformer for the change in voltage? Don't want to blow it out!

Appreciate any info you can share!

Thanks!

You just need a converter. The ReAura is dual voltage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Cookie. Do you think glycerine will work as good a conductor as their gel? Would be great if I don't have to ship over seas for that. Appreciate everyone's tips. Excited to try. I was paying for fraxel 2 times a year. It really helped my melasma but so expensive and the down time for me was almost 2 weeks. I had to hide out at least a week. This will be great on my own time and no down time!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
For those who PM'd me about wanting to buy a ReAura, there is one up on ebid right now from my favorite seller. The unit has already arrived in the US, so you won't have to pay any customs duties or sales tax.

Please note: he would prefer to not ship outside the US for this sale.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
For those who PM'd me about wanting to buy a ReAura, there is one up on ebid right now from my favorite seller. The unit has already arrived in the US, so you won't have to pay any customs duties or sales tax.

Please note: he would prefer to not ship outside the US for this sale.

And it looks like it is now SOLD.

I'll let everyone know when he gets more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
Thank you Cookie. Do you think glycerine will work as good a conductor as their gel?

Hi nylongirl, I haven't used glycerin but if you look up a few post on this page you can see where mismis has used it and it has worked for her. You might want to pm her and ask what she thinks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Cookie, I will do that. I would rather not have to send for gel so want to find something I can buy in the states both for the gel and the aftercare.

I was reading through several of the pages. Haven't gotten through all yet!

But it seems some people are still using RETIN A while doing the Reaura. When I went for fraxel my dr told me not to use retin A for a month either side of it. So wondering about us of it with Reaura.

Also wonder if it affects fillers

and if anyone uses it with their baby Q? So many questions!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:57 am      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:

But it seems some people are still using RETIN A while doing the Reaura. When I went for fraxel my dr told me not to use retin A for a month either side of it. So wondering about us of it with Reaura.

Also wonder if it affects fillers

I was also told the same about Retin A when I had my professional treatments. As I recall, it may have had to do with avoiding too much exfoliation, since Fraxel Refine does impact 20% of the surface cells per treatment.

I was also told it does NOT impact fillers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
It's official, I am the slowest user of the ReAura, haha. I'm on treatment number 9, 7 more to go. Once a week treatment is best for me since I get way to red and get so many brown specks that it takes a full week or more to go away.

My kids have spring break coming up, I'll squeeze in 2 treatments that week. I just wish my skin was up to 2 a week but nope but that's okay. I still love this device. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:28 am      Reply with quote
So Bethany, how do you use the retin a then? on the day s you don't use the Reaura? I am just easing my self back on Retin a - using once a week. Before my pro fraxel treatments I was using it daily for many years. Now that I stayed off it I'm flaking again re-acclimating to is. So don't know what will be best once I start using this reaura.

Being new here, I just want to say thank you for all being so forth-comming and sharing info. What a great group you are! I hope I can give back a bit when I start using this and share some info in future.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
So Bethany, how do you use the retin a then? on the day s you don't use the Reaura? I am just easing my self back on Retin a - using once a week. Before my pro fraxel treatments I was using it daily for many years. Now that I stayed off it I'm flaking again re-acclimating to is. So don't know what will be best once I start using this reaura.

Being new here, I just want to say thank you for all being so forth-comming and sharing info. What a great group you are! I hope I can give back a bit when I start using this and share some info in future.

You are very welcome...we are all here to help each other. Smile

I personally no longer use Retin A...I could tolerate it when I was younger, but now my skin just gets too irritated. I use the environ line instead, and since it is not acid based I don't worry about using it with the ReAura.

I would continue to go very slowly if you are using both RA and the laser during the same time. If the irritation is too much, switch to a retinol instead of Retin A.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |