Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
Thanks Bethany for confirming that. Which means we probably should not be using it again till after we are on the maintanace, after the 8 weeks. It would also mean, if we were using the reaura say once a month after the initial 8 week cycle for maintanance, we may only get to use it maybe 2 weeks out of the month.

The big question---Wonder if it's worth using Retin A at all then?

Dr. Yarosh (formerly of Remergent and now head of product Dev at Estée Lauder) recommended cycling on and off Retin A, so I think it is worth using either 1) a weaker retinol on an ongoing basis, or 2) Retin A a week after you end a treatment cycle to a week before your next cycle.

I don't believe that the ReAura is really designed to be used for 6 months every year...I think they plan on people doing a couple of cycles initially, and then maybe a touch up 8 weeks once a year. So there is still plenty of time to benefit from Retin A after your initial couple of cycles. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
nylongirl wrote:
Thanks Bethany for confirming that. Which means we probably should not be using it again till after we are on the maintanace, after the 8 weeks. It would also mean, if we were using the reaura say once a month after the initial 8 week cycle for maintanance, we may only get to use it maybe 2 weeks out of the month.

The big question---Wonder if it's worth using Retin A at all then?

Dr. Yarosh (formerly of Remergent and now head of product Dev at Estée Lauder) recommended cycling on and off Retin A, so I think it is worth using either 1) a weaker retinol on an ongoing basis, or 2) Retin A a week after you end a treatment cycle to a week before your next cycle.

I don't believe that the ReAura is really designed to be used for 6 months every year...I think they plan on people doing a couple of cycles initially, and then maybe a touch up 8 weeks once a year. So there is still plenty of time to benefit from Retin A after your initial couple of cycles. Smile

Hi nylongirl, I did what Bethany has suggested.
I switched to a weaker Vit A product and the start back on Retin A after a week or so. If your skin tends to be sensitive you may have to wait longer. I want to add that Phillips ReAura people say to not use Retin A for a month after you last session so I am going against their recommendation. Everyone needs to do what is best for their own skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both! I'll try an over the counter A while using the Reaura and then ease back into the Retin A. Appreciate everyone's info! Very Happy
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have now done six ReAura treatments and managed to do all on 3 except for the fourth one which was on 2 because my skin felt quite sensitive. I do get redness but it subsides fairly quickly - on the whole it's all very bearable. Even though it hasn't been long enough for collagen-building results to show, I do feel it has made a difference for the better in general skin tone.

I do have a question, though. Does anyone know if the treatment time is in minutes or number of successful 'zaps'? I lose the green lights many times, especially in the hollow of my cheeks, although I am getting better. The only dryness and flakiness I've had, though, was on my upper lip after treatment 2 and I was expecting to experience more of this. Especially since Space NK offer free exfoliating treatments when you buy this from them. This led me to believe that it would be more of a problem.

Am I having too many 'misses' to have a really effective treatment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
I have now done six ReAura treatments and managed to do all on 3 except for the fourth one which was on 2 because my skin felt quite sensitive. I do get redness but it subsides fairly quickly - on the whole it's all very bearable. Even though it hasn't been long enough for collagen-building results to show, I do feel it has made a difference for the better in general skin tone.

I do have a question, though. Does anyone know if the treatment time is in minutes or number of successful 'zaps'? I lose the green lights many times, especially in the hollow of my cheeks, although I am getting better. The only dryness and flakiness I've had, though, was on my upper lip after treatment 2 and I was expecting to experience more of this. Especially since Space NK offer free exfoliating treatments when you buy this from them. This led me to believe that it would be more of a problem.

I believe zaps ( or pulses ) are a bigger factor than the number of minutes.

I personally have not had any real flaking though I can feel a pebbly texture after a treatment until the specks drop off or I use the Cure to exfoliate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
After overcooking some select areas on my face, I evened it out by finishing up my face/neck/chest tonight, and will head on to my arms/hands tomorrow.

Now that I am feeling better and my company is gone, I am happy to be back on my ReAura schedule until I hit the road for work again at the end of the month.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:

Hi Cesce, the treatment is based on zaps not minutes. As you get better with keeping contact with your skin (green light) it will take you less time. I didn't experience any flaking during my treatment. Just the sandpaper effect of the sun damage areas coming off but everyone is different.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany and CookieD: thank you for your replies. Glad to know that each treatment is effective even with the "misses".

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:55 am      Reply with quote
My review is at:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/philips-reaura-review/

Best wishes

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I had an interesting experience tonight. I have been pretty sick, and didn't feel up to tackling a whole face treatment so I decided to hit a couple of problem spots with an extra "concentrated" treatment of a few passes over those spots.

The result: blood spots, which I was not expecting from a home laser. We'll see what things look like tomorrow.

bethany wrote:
All,

I did at least 10 passes (or more) Shock and really don't recommend it, lol.

I ended up with the blood pinpricks all over, but also a very ugly inflamed/swollen area that I hit particularly hard with the laser.

Hopefully it will just resolve normally and I won't have any PIH. I did put some tamanu oil on it, and that has helped a bit with the pain.

Just a quick update that a hard layer of dead skin ended up forming over the 2 areas that I over treated, and eventually peeled off. The areas are still slightly red after 8 days.

The blood pinpricks also disappeared by about day 5.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
What's everyones thoughts on using exfoiliators, clay-based masks and even Clarisonic while using Reaura? Philips advises not to use any of these (together with AHAs and Glycolic) as too drying for the skin. But I'm not so sure. Clay masks and Clarisonic have improved the texture of my face I feel during the course of treatments. I just wondered what others thought?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:
What's everyones thoughts on using exfoiliators, clay-based masks and even Clarisonic while using Reaura? Philips advises not to use any of these (together with AHAs and Glycolic) as too drying for the skin. But I'm not so sure. Clay masks and Clarisonic have improved the texture of my face I feel during the course of treatments. I just wondered what others thought?

I don't want to overdue it (nor over dry my skin) so I stick to using the Cure once a week, max.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
tracey parkes wrote:

I don't want to overdue it (nor over dry my skin) so I stick to using the Cure once a week, max.

Oops...I misspelled overdo!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:

I am using the Tria, but will chip in anyway Very Happy
I still use my clarisonic several times a week and even use my PMD to get rid of the dry skin build up that occurs during the treatment phase. This has only shown positives for me, but I do have rather resiliant skin.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:

I use my Clarisonic most nights and a Vit. C product for exfoliation. Some people are using Cure and others nothing. I think it really depends on your skin type. I do have really tough skin. If you have more sensitive skin I would be more cautious.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh brilliant. Thanks everyone! Reassuring. I have fairly tough skin too so will continue with the exfoliating I've been doing.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
This device is encouraging and has now been out for awhile...does anyone read reports of users needing less Botox/fillers/etc. with regular and continous usage?

What would you say the biggest impact is? pigmentation improvement? wrinkle reduction? ?

Thanks, BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
This device is encouraging and has now been out for awhile...does anyone read reports of users needing less Botox/fillers/etc. with regular and continous usage?

What would you say the biggest impact is? pigmentation improvement? wrinkle reduction? ?

Thanks, BFG

Having used this and having had professional Fraxel treatments, I think pigmentation improvement is the biggest thing.

I still believe that dermarolling is better for wrinkle reduction, but taking a break from the pain and bleeding of rolling is nice for a change.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Thanks, BFG

I will say pigmentation improvement is the biggest impact at first but I believe long term use can help some with wrinkle reduction by increasing collagen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:30 am      Reply with quote
The ReAura was demonstrated yesterday on the Alan Titchmarsh Show, as I mention in today's
Skincare and Makeup column.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Thanks, BFG

Skin radiance.
Skin tone.
Smoothness.
Wrinkle softness.

pq

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've now used my ReAura twice and have a few questions for you experts.

First time I used it on level 2 and second time on level 3. Treating my face.

Questions:

1) After a few days I notice some itchiness. It's not like hives or a rash, but feels deeper. I'm guessing its the skin healing itself. Anyone else experienced this?

2) How the heck do you get the laser to stay on when treating the forehead? I know the training video and You Tube videos mentioned that the forehead is more challenging, but I really have had trouble getting a consistent laser beam when treating my forehead. Any suggestions?

The other thing I found is that it hurt less than I expected. Surprise! Granted, I do 1.0mm dermarolls and 1.5mm dermastamp without numbing cream. But the Palovia hurt more than this, even with the Reaura on level 3.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Questions:

1) After a few days I notice some itchiness. It's not like hives or a rash, but feels deeper. I'm guessing its the skin healing itself. Anyone else experienced this?

I have not experienced this during 3 full rounds of treatment. I would suspect it is part of the healing process.

2) How the heck do you get the laser to stay on when treating the forehead? I know the training video and You Tube videos mentioned that the forehead is more challenging, but I really have had trouble getting a consistent laser beam when treating my forehead. Any suggestions?

Work from the midpoint on the forehead, to the left in a sweeping action, in bands, and then repeat midpoint, to the right in bands or vertical bands working left to right, slow movements, to accommodate the evenness of this area helps. Use a little bit more gel on this area.

PQ

The other thing I found is that it hurt less than I expected. Surprise! Granted, I do 1.0mm dermarolls and 1.5mm dermastamp without numbing cream. But the Palovia hurt more than this, even with the Reaura on level 3.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Questions:

I definitely have the itchiness! I think it is a bit of a histamine reaction from the skin trauma. It tends to be lessened if I use the aftercare lotion regularly, and does go away after a day or 2.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Now that I am feeling better and my company is gone, I am happy to be back on my ReAura schedule until I hit the road for work again at the end of the month.

Did my face/neck Monday, hands on Tuesday, and arms on Wednesday. After a few treatments on my chest, I have determined that I can only treat that area once a week or I get hives.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |