Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

2) How the heck do you get the laser to stay on when treating the forehead? I know the training video and You Tube videos mentioned that the forehead is more challenging, but I really have had trouble getting a consistent laser beam when treating my forehead..

You can start in the middle of the forehead and move you head sideways to the left or right and keep the laser in a stationary position. I found that when I got towards the sides of my forehead (where the forehead angles back) I was holding the laser still perpendicular to the flat part of my forehead. So it wasn't always making contact. It doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Questions:

1) After a few days I notice some itchiness. It's not like hives or a rash, but feels deeper. I'm guessing its the skin healing itself. Anyone else experienced this?

I definitely have the itchiness! I think it is a bit of a histamine reaction from the skin trauma. It tends to be lessened if I use the aftercare lotion regularly, and does go away after a day or 2.

I did confirm that it is the release of histimines as part of healing that is causing the itchiness.

http://skincare.lovetoknow.com/Why_Do_Wounds_Itch_When_They_Are_Healing

I recently did my forearms, and like clockwork the itching kicked in right at the 24 hours post treatment point. And they are REALLY itchy...I am having a hard time not scratching!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

How do you think this compares to your Dermapen?

I need to step up my regimin. I am no longer using Botox to soften my glabellar lines, so I need to find something else in it's place and there is only so far that topicals can take me with that.

Thanks all for your feedback here, BFG
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Questions:

1) After a few days I notice some itchiness. It's not like hives or a rash, but feels deeper. I'm guessing its the skin healing itself. Anyone else experienced this?

I definitely have the itchiness! I think it is a bit of a histamine reaction from the skin trauma. It tends to be lessened if I use the aftercare lotion regularly, and does go away after a day or 2.

I did confirm that it is the release of histimines as part of healing that is causing the itchiness.

http://skincare.lovetoknow.com/Why_Do_Wounds_Itch_When_They_Are_Healing

I recently did my forearms, and like clockwork the itching kicked in right at the 24 hours post treatment point. And they are REALLY itchy...I am having a hard time not scratching!

Thanks for this. My itching does kick in about 24 hours afterwards.

Also, thanks to PQ and CookieD for your suggestions on the forehead. I do another treatment tonight, so I'm gonna apply a little extra gel there and see if I can get better contact going.

No real results for me so far, but no complaints either. The pain is tolerable, it's a fairly short treatment time and I can handle doing this twice a week. If it were every day, that would be tough.
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
This really sounds great - but do you think its worth the money? I think I'm worried that after two rounds of treatment I simply wont need it anymore, and that makes it a very expensive choice for me

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
This really sounds great - but do you think its worth the money? I think I'm worried that after two rounds of treatment I simply wont need it anymore, and that makes it a very expensive choice for me

Hi puddlelover, I have done 2 rounds and am on a rest period while I try out Dermarolling. I see myself definitely using the ReAura again after I'm done with the dermarolling series. For me I think we continue to age and need to keep up on some kind of maintenance program. By having this gadget at home and also because I did spend so much money on it, I think I will do that. If I had to keep going back to a Dr's/spa I don't think I would. Of course if you go to a Dr's it is a stronger laser but for me the ReAura works just fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:

Puddlelover, I saw one on ebay last week.. the seller said she had achieved her goals and was passing it on.

I think this wont be the only one to be sold on when a task is achieved.

I'm going to keep mine for maintenance, but I understand the alternative approach.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:

Have to agree with Cookie - anti-aging is an ongoing battle. The plus side of owning a home-use device is that it can be used in an ongoing manner with only one initial financial outlay. Even with professional laser treatments, any doctor will tell you the more you have the better the results will be - but they are expensive and the costs are continuous making them prohibitive for most of us.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Bethany,

How do you think this compares to your Dermapen?

I need to step up my regimin. I am no longer using Botox to soften my glabellar lines, so I need to find something else in it's place and there is only so far that topicals can take me with that.

Thanks all for your feedback here, BFG

I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I read that the needle cartridges can't be adequately sterilized, so I am waiting to do a full face derma pen treatment at the end of the ReAura treatments. Then I will take 8 weeks off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
puddlelover wrote:

Have to agree with Cookie - anti-aging is an ongoing battle. The plus side of owning a home-use device is that it can be used in an ongoing manner with only one initial financial outlay. Even with professional laser treatments, any doctor will tell you the more you have the better the results will be - but they are expensive and the costs are continuous making them prohibitive for most of us.

Same here. I have had professional laser treatments in the past, but 4 or 5 years later I needed a touch up. I will definitely be doing a treatment series probably once or twice a year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I am a little way into round 2 with the reaura and am back to sandpaper forehead again. I have some civatte on my neck, and it appears to be softening and lessening already. I didn't include my neck in my first round of treatment, so it is responding very quickly to this, I've done about 5 or 6 treatments of this round so far. Really will be thrilled if the civatte goes away!
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for your (unanimous!) imput. It's so nice of you all to take the time to explain.
Now I just need to pluck up the courage to order it!
Thank you all again

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 am      Reply with quote
A cross posting from the Environ thread since I mentioned my ReAura routine...

bethany wrote:
I am currently doing ReAura treatments, and am applying the Hydrating Serum followed by the C-Q3 and Eye Gel immediately after a treatment. It doesn't appear to make me overly sensitive to the treatment, so I am continuing with that routine.

Once I finish the ReAura Treatments, I am going to focus on inflammation reduction and will be adding some remaining Colostrum Gel in the morning to my routine, plus possibly adding in an Epionce moisturizer to help repair my skin barrier. But I will still be sticking with Environ as the foundation of my routine.

FYI that I apply the ReAura Laser Aftercare starting 24 hours after a treatment, unless my skin feels REALLY irritated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:41 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I am a little way into round 2 with the reaura and am back to sandpaper forehead again. I have some civatte on my neck, and it appears to be softening and lessening already. I didn't include my neck in my first round of treatment, so it is responding very quickly to this, I've done about 5 or 6 treatments of this round so far. Really will be thrilled if the civatte goes away!

Catski, great news on the civatte!

Am I the only one that wonders why we don't consistently get sandpaper skin after every treatment? It is zapping a number of cells on the skin surface every time, so why don't we feel the grit every time?

Maybe it is due to differing levels of hydrating throughout the treatment. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
So I am 50% through my first series, and I have to be honest and say that the only improvement I am currently seeing is due to inflammation causing a decrease in forehead and glabella lines. I have had no pigmentation improvement, but I didn't have many issues to begin with (though I do have 3 distinct sunspots I am watching). But with so few issues, I expected to see pigmentation improvement sooner rather than later.

At this point, I am really **hoping** to see something more significant in the remaining weeks, as well as some lasting improvement when I take a break. However, since I will be ending my series with a derma pen treatment, I will not be able to attribute any improvements solely to the ReAura.

In retrospect, I felt I had minimal results with professional Fraxel treatments in the past, but had thought maybe I was being too critical since my sister kept saying I had had good results (though time may have dimmed her memories, lol). I am going to keep plugging away and hoping for the best, but the pictures will tell the real story in a couple of months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So I am 50% through my first series, and I have to be honest and say that the only improvement I am currently seeing is due to inflammation causing a decrease in forehead and glabella lines. I have had no pigmentation improvement, but I didn't have many issues to begin with (though I do have 3 distinct sunspots I am watching). But with so few issues, I expected to see pigmentation improvement sooner rather than later.

Hi Bethany, sorry you haven't seen more progress so far with the ReAura. I think you said earlier that you had to take a break in the 8 week treatment schedule because of travel/life etc. Maybe because of that you skin will take longer to show results. I really have no idea, just guessing here.

Also in the above post you mentioned that you didn't get the sandpaper effect after every treatment. I thought the sandpaper feel is sun damage coming to the surface/already on the surface breaking up and falling off. I say this because the areas that I felt the most roughness on my face were also the areas with the most sun damage. Unless I used some kind of exfoliant I always had the sandpaper feel during my 8 week treatment but I also have a ton of sun damage unfortunately. Since you don't have a lot you might be different in that regard.

Either way I hope you get some results. Keep us posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've only been doing ReAura once a week for like ages now, I still get the sandpaper feel. I'm wondering how my skin will look after I finish the 16th treatment. If I'll get any benefit from it versus using it twice a week. I'm on my last 2 treatments, so I guess I'll give it a few weeks time. I just couldn't do twice a week, skin got too red and boy do I get tons of brown specks. From all those years I did not use sunscreen but now I make sure to use it all the time.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I wanted this thread in the 'Reaura' thread - but couldn't post it! I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I 'look and lurk' more than post. But now I have things to post about! (How to move this thread????)

Anyway, I'm just starting week 5 of my 8 weeks. The first 3 weeks were fine - each section of my face taking about 5 minutes. Level 2. Face gets *red*...I'm fair skinned.

Last week it starting taking 8-9 minutes per section. This past week more like 11-13 - yet I ended up stopping one cheek and forehead as I saw how *really* read my face was! I was afraid to keep going over my face anymore (I also have a tiny face).

At first when I started using it I thought I was using the machine too fast across my face. So then I slowed it down. So tried somewhere in between. But I don't understand why the time is so long now? The last treatment was Sunday night and face is really red and the sandpaper feel. My next treatment night is Thursday but I wonder if I should wait another day?

I don't understand why suddenly it is taking so long. Has anyone else had this problem? Does it sound like something is wrong with the unit? (I hope not as I live in the US).

- Also, if this post needs to be moved to the Philips Reaura thread - can someone do it? I don't know why I can't this time.

Thanks everyone,

Issy
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
iseolt wrote:
Hi everyone,
Anyway, I'm just starting week 5 of my 8 weeks. The first 3 weeks were fine - each section of my face taking about 5 minutes. Level 2. Face gets *red*...I'm fair skinned.

Last week it starting taking 8-9 minutes per section. This past week more like 11-13 - yet I ended up stopping one cheek and forehead as I saw how *really* read my face was! I was afraid to keep going over my face anymore (I also have a tiny face).

At first when I started using it I thought I was using the machine too fast across my face. So then I slowed it down. So tried somewhere in between. But I don't understand why the time is so long now? The last treatment was Sunday night and face is really red and the sandpaper feel. My next treatment night is Thursday but I wonder if I should wait another day?

I don't understand why suddenly it is taking so long. Has anyone else had this problem? Does it sound like something is wrong with the unit?
Issy

Hi Issy, I have never had this problem so all the things I am going to suggest are just guess.

Take off the plastic tip and try soaking it in some warm soapy water for a few minutes. Mabye the tip has a film of some kind on it that you can't see that is effecting the laser.

I am sure you are cleaning the blue laser window after each use. But just in case take a damp q-tip and really clean the surface of the glass. Maybe something is blocking the laser beam somehow.

As far as speed of usage, you should be able to move the laser across you face so that the red light stays on and you hear the laser "firing". If you go too fast the light will not stay on constantly. Is the laser still giving you that chime sound when you finish a section? Maybe something is wrong with the chime and it either is not going off or you can't hear it for some reason.

I would try to post your question on ReAura website. I know it is not very easy to navigate but I'm sure they could help. You can also call them even though it is an international call. You would get an answer much quicker.

I think it's fine if you want to wait a day or two extra between treatments. It won't affect your results.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I am hoping some of you may be able to answer some questions about using the ReAura.

I just purchased one and the instruction manual is in a different language. I have downloaded the english version but just thought Id ask a couple of questions if its ok.

When I plug it in too charge it, the device flashes green, when it is fully charged it stops flashing and is just green then the green light goes out is this normal?

The treatments are 2 a week for 8 weeks. How long is the pause before restarting and has anyone used it more than twice a week?

Does anyone here use it whilst still using a retinol product? (I use skinmedica tri-retinol complex)

Does anyone use it under their eyes and with what results?

I cant think of anything else to ask right now, but if anyone has any tips please feel free to add them.

I would really appreciate your help and advice. (I have read the whole 28 pages here but I cannot remember what exactly has been said so I apologise if my questions are a re-hash or nuisance)
Thank you.
havana8

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
iseolt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wanted this thread in the 'Reaura' thread - but couldn't post it! I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I 'look and lurk' more than post. But now I have things to post about! (How to move this thread????)

I don't understand why suddenly it is taking so long. Has anyone else had this problem? Does it sound like something is wrong with the unit? (I hope not as I live in the US).

- Also, if this post needs to be moved to the Philips Reaura thread - can someone do it? I don't know why I can't this time.

Thanks everyone,

Issy

Hi Issy, This is the Reaura thread so you are in the right place. Smile HTHs!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
needmeds wrote:

When I plug it in too charge it, the device flashes green, when it is fully charged it stops flashing and is just green then the green light goes out is this normal?

This is what it suppose to do. The light will go off completely after it is charged.

Quote:

The treatments are 2 a week for 8 weeks. How long is the pause before restarting and has anyone used it more than twice a week?

The rest period is 4 weeks but I usually wait a little longer then that. It just depends on your skin. I did do a treatment round were I finished all 16 sessions in 6 weeks. (about 2 to 3 treatments a week) I didn't really notice any difference but I have really tough skin and I wouldn't recommend this. If you do decide to do more then 2 treatment a week I wouldn't do that until you have gone a whole round (16) and know how your skin will react.

Quote:

Does anyone here use it whilst still using a retinol product? (I use skinmedica tri-retinol complex)

I didn't use a retinol product but did use a strong Vit A product. I think you need to be careful with this because your skin will already be sensitive to the sun. Depending on what type of skin you have it can also be irritated by the laser so this might be counter productive.

Quote:

Does anyone use it under their eyes and with what results?

I did use it under my eyes. At first I just did a few passes. My eyes looked worse (wrinkled) at first and I took a couple of sessions off but as time went on my under eye skin adjusted and looked better with more sessions. I do think you can treat your under eye area just not as aggressively as you do the rest of your face. Remember the skin under your eye is much thinner so be careful with that area and go slow.

Quote:

I cant think of anything else to ask right now, but if anyone has any tips please feel free to add them.

Best advice I can give you is try to keep contact with your skin so the laser "fires" consistently.
There is a little learning curve but it gets easy with practice. If you try to go too fast it won't work. Also on the forehead sometimes it is easy to move your head side to side and keep the laser in place. Also you can start the laser in the middle of your forehead and go to one side and then the other. You use very little gel during the treatment. Don't be concerned if you hear a fan come on. It is there so the ReAura doesn't overheat. Make sure you clean both the plastic tip and the laser window after each treatment. You can keep the aftercare cream in the refrigerator if you want. It will feel good on your skin afterwards. That's about all I can think of. Good luck.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD, Thank You for your quick and very very helpful reply, I appreciate it very much.
needmeds

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Can I also ask if anyone knows how many areas can you do before the ReAura goes into the 24 hr lock mode. I would like to avoid this happening. I was hoping to do face, neck, hands, chest in one session.

Thank You.

PS. Mishey I sent the link for the manual but it seems the message is sitting in my outbox not my sent box. I have no clue how the messaging works. Is it possible I do not have the ability to send messages being new? I also cannot add a link.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:33 am      Reply with quote
needmeds wrote:
Can I also ask if anyone knows how many areas can you do before the ReAura goes into the 24 hr lock mode. I would like to avoid this happening. I was hoping to do face, neck, hands, chest in one session.

Thank You.

PS. Mishey I sent the link for the manual but it seems the message is sitting in my outbox not my sent box. I have no clue how the messaging works. Is it possible I do not have the ability to send messages being new? I also cannot add a link.

Hi needmeds, I did 3 different areas in the same session and it worked fine. I think you can do all 4 of those areas at the same time but not sure. You might have to recharge the laser during your session. The battery charge should last long
enough to do all 5 sections but when you are first learning to use it you go a little slower. So you use more battery.

On the message thing, the message will show in you outbox until the recipient picks it up.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |