Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
needmeds wrote:
PS. Mishey I sent the link for the manual but it seems the message is sitting in my outbox not my sent box. I have no clue how the messaging works. Is it possible I do not have the ability to send messages being new? I also cannot add a link.

Once you reach 10 posts, you should be able to share links. Smile
needmeds

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:51 am      Reply with quote
CookieD Thank You again for your help.

havana8 Thank you.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Finally down to 1 last treatment on my face. Slowest ever because I only did once a week treatments and only recently bumped it to twice a week. Next week I'll start with my neck, then hands.

After reading some posts here, I'm wondering if it'll take months before I'll see the full results of usage. I mean, I'm guessing because I did this the slow way, it will take even longer for new collagen, etc.

Maybe over the summer (when kids are off from school), I'll do another round of face treatments. That way I give my face a few months off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Grrrr....my bathroom renovation is taking twice as long as estimated, and since they have been here every day except one for the last week and a half, I haven't done any ReAura treatments lately. Sad

At this point, I think I need to give my skin a break so I am going to do a derma pen treatment this weekend (assuming the guys are finally gone) and take a break for the next 6 to 8 weeks. Then I'll pick the ReAura back up.

But since my life hasn't really been conducive to 8 weeks of treatments in a row, I may shoot for 4 weeks at a time. Granted, it may not be exactly what is recommended, but it will definitely be better than nothing!

On a positive note, the tops of my hands are looking better, though my arms are about the same. Pigmentation on my face is about the same, though my forehead lines are improved (that may be due to my last derma stamp treatment though). However, hopefully improvements will continue over the next few months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, vent away, I've been there with remodeling (so not fun!). Some of us just have a lot going on to keep at it for twice a week but I think we'll be fine with treatments done when we have the time. I must have started, stopped, then started a billion times already. Like when I first got the unit back in October, I started then had to take a month and a half break, then restarted in December.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi All
Just wanted to update you on my ReAura experience. I started last week, I did my 3rd treatment last night.

I do before bed.

As everyone stated here, I did wake up very red and somewhat swollen 1st time. It didn't hurt as much as I expected, though it did start to feel a bit burning/hot. But I stuck it out. I iced after.

It was less the 2nd time and the 3rd even better.

Woke up today with very little pink, I think I'll be pretty normal next time.

Next to no swelling this time either. So you do get used to it. I would guess next time I will wake up with no pink at all. I have continued to use use frozen peas for maybe 5-10 mins after.

I did one night with just glycerin and it seemed to work just fine. So that will save money on the gel.

Been using a combo of vit E and jojoba oil after and then layering my skin with Aquaphor. I really see a difference already in skin texture, even if it's just from the treatment and not the collegen built up yet.

I am am going to start using my BABY Q now that my skin seems to be settling into it.

Hope this helps others not be afraid to dive in!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 am      Reply with quote
A few people have pointed out that my link did not work so here it is again:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plainpotter/sets/72157632626054878/

These are a series of different view of before reaura, after one treatment protocol, after two. There is one added picture to show the actinic keratosis which have been greatly reduced by the treatments. The arms show one treatment only, and as these had by far the most damage, they show the most improvement.

What doesn't show on the pictures is the vastly improved texture and pliability of the skin. It also looks like I have gained a little weight, I didn't, but the treatment really plumped up the skin almost as if there is a very thin layer of fat underneath, a good thing at 60.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Beautiful woman! But--- it's amazing the change in texture of the skin! Very exciting! Thank you so much for posting!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:

These are a series of different view of before reaura, after one treatment protocol, after two. There is one added picture to show the actinic keratosis which have been greatly reduced by the treatments. The arms show one treatment only, and as these had by far the most damage, they show the most improvement.

What doesn't show on the pictures is the vastly improved texture and pliability of the skin. It also looks like I have gained a little weight, I didn't, but the treatment really plumped up the skin almost as if there is a very thin layer of fat underneath, a good thing at 60.

Wow mismis...gorgeous (as always). Brilliant results too. My arms look exactly like your before shot. I just hope I can get that much improvement using the Tria...
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:

Brilliant pictures, great results, thanks for sharing with us all.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto, I love your photos, thanks so much! I'll have to take some photos too.

Next round of treatments, I'm going for level 3. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've used my Reaura for 8 treatments now. Halfway through the first round. The first treatment was at level 2 and all the others at level 3.

I wonder if I have skin of steel? I get sorta red afterwards, but it fades within about an hour. Hardly any pain when I use it, unless I get into the under eye area. I sure hope I have a fully functioning Reaura.

I'm not seeing any results either Sad

I will be patient and hope for collagen...
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've only done 3 treatments, doing number 4 tomorrow. All have been on level 2 and I already see an improvement. Do you think midway I should bite the bullet and go to level 3? Will it make that much of a difference?
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Philips say you really need to get up to level 3 quickly to see noticeable results. I've just finished my 4th course of 8 treatments. To be honest I found little difference in the intensity between levels 2 and 3.

nylongirl wrote:
I've only done 3 treatments, doing number 4 tomorrow. All have been on level 2 and I already see an improvement. Do you think midway I should bite the bullet and go to level 3? Will it make that much of a difference?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:17 am      Reply with quote
My philosophy is to "Go hard or go home" - so I definitely recommend using the device on the optimum setting.

I've just taken a (forced) six week break. I've been away from home (I've become a Grandma!) so my skin treatments have been forsaken. But now that I am back on deck I'm starting on another round of treatments. My daughter was amazed at the improvement in my chest area.

Mismis - you look absolutely stunning, and the improvement in your skin is clearly evident. Thanks for sharing the pics. This time around I'm going to continue using Retin-A (not on treatment nights, but in between). I believe my skin can handle this. I do wonder whether my continuous use of Retin-A has prepped my skin really well because I tolerate the laser without any sensitivity and redness only lasts an hour or two.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Quick Question - I have been loosely following this thread. The improvements most have reported are for hyper pigmentation/uneven skin tone, is that correct?

Mismis - what a dramatic difference, your arms and chest look incredible. Thanks so much for sharing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the most dramatic and immediate improvement from ReAura treatments is pigmentation. And the greater the sun damage, the greater the improvement. One reason my arms and chest seemed to improve so much is that they had not been treated, but my face has received many professional treatments (at great cost) over the years.

But I do believe there are other benefits. My skin seems subtly plumper and this has helped greatly with that micro-crepey texture. Areas prone to wrinkling under stress, like in the decolletage area when wearing certain garments, now stay smooth and young looking. I don't think I have experienced a lot of skin tightening, but perhaps over a few years there will be an improvement. I do think I have had some collagen induction although that could be swelling - after all except for that one month break I am always under treatment.

Keliu, the one thing that has been hard to accept is leaving behind the Retin A which I had used faithfully for 14 years. I am very interested in how it goes for you. I think if one could tolerate it it might increase the efficacy of the laser. Years ago I had a full face ablative laser and the prep for that was a stringent course of the highest strength of Retin A that could be tolerated for 6 months. The doctor said it would train my skin to turn over more quickly and expedite healing when I had the procedure.

After the dramatic improvement of the first treatment protocol I am curious to see what the cumulative effects of this lower level laser will be over a long course of time.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the most dramatic and immediate improvement from ReAura treatments is pigmentation. And the greater the sun damage, the greater the improvement. One reason my arms and chest seemed to improve so much is that they had not been treated, but my face has received many professional treatments (at great cost) over the years.

But I do believe there are other benefits. My skin seems subtly plumper and this has helped greatly with that micro-crepey texture. Areas prone to wrinkling under stress, like in the decolletage area when wearing certain garments, now stay smooth and young looking. I don't think I have experienced a lot of skin tightening, but perhaps over a few years there will be an improvement. I do think I have had some collagen induction although that could be swelling - after all except for that one month break I am always under treatment.

Keliu, the one thing that has been hard to accept is leaving behind the Retin A which I had used faithfully for 14 years. I am very interested in how it goes for you. I think if one could tolerate it it might increase the efficacy of the laser. Years ago I had a full face ablative laser and the prep for that was a stringent course of the highest strength of Retin A that could be tolerated for 6 months. The doctor said it would train my skin to turn over more quickly and expedite healing when I had the procedure.

After the dramatic improvement of the first treatment protocol I am curious to see what the cumulative effects of this lower level laser will be over a long course of time.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:

When I had my clinical laser treatment I was also told to use Retin-A beforehand to prime the skin. As long as my skin doesn't become over-sensitive, I'm happy to continue using it whilst I do the ReAura treatments.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone been using the obagi nu-derm system while using the Re-Aura? I was thinking about starting to use the products, but wasn't sure if they were compatible.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:29 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I've used my Reaura for 8 treatments now. Halfway through the first round. The first treatment was at level 2 and all the others at level 3.

I wonder if I have skin of steel? I get sorta red afterwards, but it fades within about an hour. Hardly any pain when I use it, unless I get into the under eye area. I sure hope I have a fully functioning Reaura.

Hi shastaGirl, what sort of skin do you have? What issues are you looking to address?
I'm half way through round 2 and have very pink dry itchy skin now, I have Celtic skin though so maybe this is not surprising. At the moment I'm seeing further pigmentation surfacing on my chest , or it's getting darker, or both. My forehead is perpetually peeling some.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I've just completed the first 8-week Reaura treatment and would like to either give myself a TCA peel or a dermaroll during the 1-month break from the Reaura.

Since the Reaura is fraxel and fraxel is similiar to dermarolling, would dermarolling be too much of the same thing?

I have Civatte/poikiloderma and I'm happy with what Reaura has done for it...it's not gone but it has shown significant improvement. It's much less noticeable. I'm really excited to see what another treatment series will do.

Could I also consider the Reaura as a pretreatment for a peel instead of the Retin a?

Thank you!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Hi shastaGirl, what sort of skin do you have? What issues are you looking to address?
I'm half way through round 2 and have very pink dry itchy skin now, I have Celtic skin though so maybe this is not surprising. At the moment I'm seeing further pigmentation surfacing on my chest , or it's getting darker, or both. My forehead is perpetually peeling some.

My skin tends to be normal to very slightly dry, but not usually sensitive to anything. I don't really have pigmentation issues - I'm quite fair, but not freckled. My primary goal with the Reaura was to help with fine lines and wrinkles. I'm thinking that takes longer to see results on lines due to the time it takes to build collagen.

I notice some sandpapery feeling to my face. Nothing major. I am pink after a treatment for about an hour and my face feels warm. I noticed the itchiness a day after my first couple of treatments, but its gone away now. I do use the Reaura post treatment right after a treatment.

Once I finish the 8 weeks on my face, I'm going to do neck and hands and see how that goes.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:

Since the Reaura is fraxel and fraxel is similiar to dermarolling, would dermarolling be too much of the same thing?

Personally I think they are very similar. I plan to give my skin a rest after the Reaura for 8 weeks, just adding back Retin A.

I think a few others have rolled in between treatment cycles and can chime in.

If you do a roll or TCA, I'd wait about 4 weeks after the last Reaura treatment. You don't want to keep your skin in a state of constant inflammation.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
needmeds wrote:
Has anyone been using the obagi nu-derm system while using the Re-Aura? I was thinking about starting to use the products, but wasn't sure if they were compatible.

I've not used Obagi, but based on everything I've heard, it's pretty harsh. I don't think I'd try it, but if you do, go slow, and be prepared to back off the Obagi or Reaura if your skin gets too sensitive.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |