Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Can one of you Reaura users help me?

I just got my Reaura last night and I'm afraid there may be something wrong with it. Sad

When plugged in the green battery light blinks like it's charging, but then after a time it shuts off and won't stay green.

When I unplug it and plug it back in again it starts blinking again like it's charging.

When I first pulled it out of the box it charged for about 45 minutes and then noticed it stayed green. I was right there with it still reading the manual and fiddling around in the kitchen, so I immediately unplugged and plugged it back in again because I thought that wasn't enough time for a full charge. Light started blinking again. I haven't seen it stay on green since. It's either off or blinking. It's been plugged in for about 12 hours. I haven't monitored it the whole time because I was sleeping, but was hoping when I got up this morning that it would be green. No such luck.

Should the battery light ever shut off while the device is plugged in?

If it's fully charged, will the battery light start blinking again immediately if you unplug and plug it back in?

Please advise. I'm kind of upset right now after all the hassle I went through to get this thing. I hope I'm just being over-anxious and there's really nothing wrong with it.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yubs- your ReAura is fine. It is kind of weird but when you first plug in the ReAura it will blink green. When it is fully charged it will glow green but only for a short period of time, then the green light will just go off. If you plug it back in it might blink for a min but it is fully charged. It takes somewhere between 30 to 60 min to charge fully.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, thank you so much!!! Whew!! Laughing
Pinot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 04, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Pinot, I just bought one from that guy on ebay!

Oh, my, Yubs, what an ordeal just getting that in your hands! Shock

So how is it going? Have you done your first full treatment yet? Hope you have great success with it!
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 7:35 am      Reply with quote
pinot wrote:
Oh, my, Yubs, what an ordeal just getting that in your hands!...Have you done your first full treatment yet?

Pinot, you have no idea. And no, I haven't gotten to use it yet. I was going to do first treatment Friday night but then the question with the battery light popped up so I wanted to make sure it was okay. Then I had a couple of hours set aside last night, when the phone rang right when I got done watching a how-to video on Youtube (the disc that came with Reaura won't play on my Windows 8 computer) and was getting ready to start treatment. The call was one of my oldest friends, and she's just been fired from her job and replaced with two 20-year olds. Sad So that took up the whole time I had allotted for treatment. I'm going to do it a little bit later today. Thanks for the good wishes. I'm taking before (shudder) and after pictures, so hopefully will have something noteworthy to post in a half year or so. I turn 50 later this year so I'm going gonzo skincare. Laughing If you get up the bucks, I do recommend the ebay seller! Reliable, prompt, good communication, etc.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hey you guys, how long is a typical treatment cycle? Seemed like my last cycle (left side of my decolletage) went on too long. I had good contact most of the time according to the light, but it took forever for the timer to ding.

Is the dose dependent upon laser output or time?

Again, how long is a typical treatment cycle? I'm going to get my watch out next time I treat, but am curious what others have observed or know. Thanks!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Hey you guys, how long is a typical treatment cycle? Seemed like my last cycle (left side of my decolletage) went on too long. I had good contact most of the time according to the light, but it took forever for the timer to ding.

Is the dose dependent upon laser output or time?

Again, how long is a typical treatment cycle? I'm going to get my watch out next time I treat, but am curious what others have observed or know. Thanks!

It's based on laser output. For me, a typical treatment cycle is about 6-7 minutes. I do notice that when the laser doesn't make good contact, it takes longer.

BTW, I had the same issue with the charging that you did. Went crazy thinking it was defective. But, in the end, all was fine!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't remember for sure how long each zone takes but I think it is between 5 to 8 min. I will say at least for me, whatever hand is your more dominate will take you a little less time to do that side because you are more used to working with that hand so you make better contact on that side. I didn't matter on my face because I used my left hand for all those zones but on my chest I used my left and right hand. So it took a little more practice to keep contact on my chest when using my right hand.

Like ShastaGirl said ReAura works on "laser pulses" not time. It will take you less time as you get the hang of it. Going over boney areas like your collarbone or hands it is harder to keep contact so those areas my take a little longer to treat.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
I turn 50 later this year so I'm going gonzo skincare. Laughing If you get up the bucks, I do recommend the ebay seller! Reliable, prompt, good communication, etc.

Yubs - hey, I know what you mean about "going gonzo"! I just turned 52 and spent years ignoring my skin. No sunscreen, a little toner in the morning, some coconut oil now and then ... it's actually a wonder my skin is in as good a shape as it is! Now I'm trying to make up for all that wasted time! Brick wall

I will keep that ebay seller in mind. It's a lot to pay, but I live out in the middle of nowhere and the nearest salon that may do such treatments would be at least 2 hours away. Confused

Sorry to hear about your friend. That just stinks! Mad Hope she finds something else soon.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2013 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Cookie and Shasta. Kinda figured that about laser output, but it seemed weird because according to the steadiness of the green light, that zone got better contact than any of the rest of them. Good to know about the battery, too! Guess I'll learn as I go on.

Pinot-good news is she doesn't really have to work b/c her husband makes very good money. But she'd been there 20 years, helped build the business through her divorce and all these bad times, and then for them to just dump her like that was a big blow. Even though the job had been getting on her nerves for several years (the owner of the business resented the fact that her second husband has more money than he does) she's still coming to grips. But I'm thinking she'll be fine in a couple of weeks...she's not they type to let the door hit her on the way out, and all that. She may even find she doesn't really want to work any more.

I know what you mean about surprise that skin is in as good shape as it is. I have been on-and-off neglectful for a long time. Being beautiful is frequently a product of youth...*staying* beautiful is hard work! Wink
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Do we laser our lips?

I'd like to try to address some of the vertical lip lines but don't want to mess up the delicate skin just below the lines.

Advice appreciated. Thanks!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Do we laser our lips?

I'd like to try to address some of the vertical lip lines but don't want to mess up the delicate skin just below the lines.

Advice appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Yubs, I wouldn't laser the actual lips but the area above is fine. If you happen to laser a little of the lip while trying to get at the lines that is fine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Cookie.

BTW, I *was* over-treating some areas. I had the TV going in the background while I was doing Reaura, and since I'm hearing-impaired I was missing some of the timer chimes. When I finally turned off the TV sound the Reaura cycle went to about 6-7 minutes. of course that could be because I was getting better at placement along towards the end of treating all seven upper zones, but we'll see. I'm going to keep tight track of it until I figure out what's going on.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, don't laser the lips - if you have ever had a cold-sore you could end up with an outbreak of herpes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Interesting paper on home use fractional lasers:

http://www.home-use-device.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Live_Records/Home-treatment_with_fractional_lasers.pdf

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am now avoiding my lips, while vigorously attacking the lined around them. Thanks Cookie and Keliu!

My neck, however, is really, really crepey (4th treatment). Is this normal? No little peelies yet but it feels like they could break out at any moment.

Any advice appreciated.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
My neck feels extra dry & crepey during treatment, especially in those hours afterwards when things are still red.

I do think that ReAura stimulates collagen production, but in my experience the improvement of wrinkles is quite slow; tho I have noticed that the lateral lines on my neck have softened somewhat. This could be my age - things move much more slowly as one ages - or the fact that my neck skin is much more lax.

ReAura has been stellar for treatment of pigmentation, and I don't mind if it takes a little longer for the wrinkles. I will just keep doing the treatments as I feel I am improving the health and appearance of my skin each time.

I have recently added derma pen to the routine and noticed even after the first treatment that there was an improvement in the neck. I agree with Cookie; Reaura works on the more superficial levels, derma pen at a different and deeper level.

Anyways, peeling is always a good sign for me, it means new skin is being generated.

best, mis
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and haven't yet worked out how in post in the right place! I've been using Philips Reaura for nearly 8 weeks and on the whole I'm pleased with it. But I haven't had the dramatic improvement some people have mentioned on this site. My skin feels great and is definitely clearer but some sunspots haven't faded as much as I'd hoped. Also a bit disappointed about my pores.. They look quite big still to me. Perhaps I am expecting too much from the first session. Has anyone used it longer term? Do you see continuing improvement?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Bluegentian wrote:
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and haven't yet worked out how in post in the right place! I've been using Philips Reaura for nearly 8 weeks and on the whole I'm pleased with it. But I haven't had the dramatic improvement some people have mentioned on this site. My skin feels great and is definitely clearer but some sunspots haven't faded as much as I'd hoped. Also a bit disappointed about my pores.. They look quite big still to me. Perhaps I am expecting too much from the first session. Has anyone used it longer term? Do you see continuing improvement?

Hi Bluegentian, Welcome to EDS. You are posting in the right place. Cool

You do continue to see improvements the more rounds you do. I had a rather large sunspot that got better from round one to round two. Your pores may or may not get better. I think that is a very individual thing. You skin should continue to get better during the 4 week "rest" period. The great thing about the ReAura is you can do as many rounds as you want, without paying anymore money. Hopefully you will see more results as you go along. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I took a long break, a few months, and just started a new round the other night on level 3. I have a lot more brown specks all over my face (looks icky) but that just means the level 3 is doing it's job! Smile I'll probably do just once a week though because life's still crazy here with twin babies and I also am trying out the Pico Toner.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys. I'll just keep going. I'm probably spending too much time looking in a mirror! I'm slightly confused about downtime. I've had conflicting information. Some people say 2 weeks off after an 8 week treatment, and others as long as 8 weeks off. I got the two week period from a Reaura customer service girl, so I might go with that and slap on some pore minimiser at the same time. I'm amazed by how much you all know about beauty treatments on this site by the way. Who needs beauticians! Exclamation Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bluegentian - yep, just keep at it! No device is a magic wand, it takes time and dedication.

If you have a professional Fraxel treatment at a clinic they will tell you that it takes at least six months to see results - and the more treatments you have the better. One advantage of owning our own laser is that we can use it frequently. I've done about three rounds of sixteen treatments and I've had great success in treating the sun damage on my chest. My face hasn't responded as drastically, but then, it wasn't as sun damaged. After a few weeks though, you should start to notice an improvement in your pores. I only took a one week break between my rounds of 8 - but I tend to be a bit gung ho.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I have got a tea stain type splodge appeared in the centre of my chest. *sigh*

I assume the Reaura has surfaced it, cos it wasnt there before and I have had zero sun exposure.

Lots of sun damage has gone from my chest, using this device, and yet more has sort of crystallised into definite pigmentation and now the tea stain is here.

I just am sooo fed up with my decolletage area, honestly. Having said that ,reaura has done wonders and I will keep going, but grrrrrr, I wish beyond anything that I had worn high spf on this area in the past.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I have got a tea stain type splodge appeared in the centre of my chest. *sigh*

I assume the Reaura has surfaced it, cos it wasnt there before and I have had zero sun exposure.

Lots of sun damage has gone from my chest, using this device, and yet more has sort of crystallised into definite pigmentation and now the tea stain is here.

I just am sooo fed up with my decolletage area, honestly. Having said that ,reaura has done wonders and I will keep going, but grrrrrr, I wish beyond anything that I had worn high spf on this area in the past.

You should have seen my chest, it was absolutely shocking. I used to always wear beads around my neck to try and cover it up (I live in a hot climate so I'm never wearing neck to knee!) The ReAura has made a big difference for me - but I'm nowhere near Nicole Kidman's results - it's still a mess, but the skin does look much more even. Just keep going - are you using Retin-A?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement, Keliu. I am not using retin-a. I never have done, actually. I thought we wre not to use acids with the reaura?

I had thought that I NEED to be using some retin - a on this area, it seriously is the problem area for me.

Should I just get some at a low % and start?!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |