Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hate my photo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I had my photo taken today for driving licence and OMG I know why people hate photos now they show what we REALLY look like I thought I looked o.k in the mirror but my photo has really depressed me now I looked awful and not what the mirror shows me.

I know sometimes I look better in some mirrors than others but the photo shows me the true reality Sad
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I had my photo taken today for driving licence and OMG I know why people hate photos now they show what we REALLY look like I thought I looked o.k in the mirror but my photo has really depressed me now I looked awful and not what the mirror shows me.

Don't be sad, official photo's often look horrible and not like you look irl. Check your friend's drivers licence etc. and compare their photos to their real selves and you see what I mean. Because the photo has to show things like your ear placement and distance to jaw and nose etc for identification purposes and you're not supposed to smile you simply can't look your best on that kind of photo. My ex-husband always looked like a very dangerous criminal on his photo's and that made us really laugh because irl he was a lawyer and every time he had to go and see a client in prison we'd joke that they probably wouldn't let him go because he looked so dangerous on his lawyer ID.
On my passport photos, especially after they changed the rules and not even a half smile is allowed anymore, I look horrible. On ordinary photo's I do not, and that is my real face, in motion, with expression and ordinary lighting instead of those terrible photo lamps.

But I agree such a photo can really give you a scare if you think THAT is the real you. Believe me, it isn't!
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
It wasn't so much my expression and features it was that my skin looked really bad, the tone and my broken caps seemed to really show up and there's nothing I can do about them yet.

My skin is what matters to me I may have, as I'm told lovely blue eyes but with my skin they are wasted, I am 29 and have always had skin issue first spots now broken caps I just hate it.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm lucky that my passport and drivers license photos were taken about five years ago. I am smiling and look pretty good in both!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
The photo on my ID card looks like a 200 year old gargoyle having a bad hair day, a very bad hair day. The one on my passport, kind of like the famous mugshot of Myra Hindley, if she had darker, flatter hair.

I always expect to look hideous in ID photos, and I'm rarely disappointed... Rolling Eyes
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, Appletini.

I've found that my best passport photos were taken when I made a concerted effort to be in a good mood when I go! Have a drink or something beforehand, lol.
No kidding, it works! The good mood, I mean.. the drink too I'm sure. Smile

If you're sure or worried that you'll take a bad photo, you'll have that look on your face. I know... I ALWAYS duck out on photos for that very reason. There are very few of me, and when I am forced to pose for one in a social setting, or for a 'zine or something for work, the photographer always takes an uncomfortably long time to click, waiting for me to chill out, and then figures out there's no hope before finally clicking.

Its actually been a really horrible problem for me. With passport photos at least I have time to prepare for the moment & pretend I'm "normal"!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I had really tried to look good for this photo did my makeup picked a nice top when I knew the picture was being taken i widened my eyes and I still looked awful, totally understand the myra hindley thing big shadows under my eyes, I'm gettin a new photo for sure. Smile
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Generally using a heavier hand with makeup works most of the time. Otherwise I look pale and washed out.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Oh god...both my passport photo and DL photo look like mug shots. In neither I am smiling (was told not to by the DMV, he said "Don't smile, you wont be smiling when you get pulled over" what an ass!) which I hate doing because my cheeks disappear...not to mention my DL photo is orange for some reason? Looks like I was a wee bit over zealous with a bottle of 1980's sunless tanning lotion (aka: Snookie).
My passport photo I was TOTALLY unprepared for, I was a mess, no makeup, hair up in a sloppy bun, crappy clothes...I had gone there on a Friday to get paperwork and found out they only processed passports on Fridays....I needed my passport in less than 2 months and figured waiting another week to get it done wasn't the smartest idea....got it done on the spot looking like I just worked 18 hours out on the farm Confused Believe me when I'm traveling foreign, the customs officers always do a triple take when doing comparison....I just smile and say, "sorry, it was an ugly day" Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I once had about five different passport photos taken at different places just to try and get a decent one! These days you're not allowed to smile so the jowls just hang there in all their glory!

I recently had my wallet stolen which contained my drivers licence, so now I have to renew it. I've been putting it off because I know I'll be traumatised by the photo.

So Flick24, don't worry you're not alone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
My last driver's liscence photo was so bad that the guy who took it suggested a redo . . . twice!!

I've had a few professional photo shoots in the last few months, and he always gave me a DVD copy. It is interesting that even professional photographers who have decades of experience take many many images to get a really good one. And they have the benefit of controlled environment and loads of lighting etc.

I think it is a similar to when one first hears one's own recorded voice - it's just weird. In a month or two, maybe it won't look so bad to you.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |