Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beautiful 43-Year Old Model Looks Like a 20-Year Old
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this on another forum and just had to share:

Beautiful 43 Year Old Japanese Model Looks Like She’s In Her 20′s, Garners Huge Chinese Fanbase

* November 14, 2011

Japanese fashion magazine model Masako Mizutani is stunningly beautiful. Her goddess-like appearance and smart style have enchanted people across Japan and her official blog, where she mainly shares cosmetic product recommendations, has earned her a steady fan base of both men and women looking for beauty tips.

What’s really stunning about this Japanese Aphrodite, however, is that in addition to being a model, Mrs. Mizutani is a 43 year old housewife with a 20 year old daughter.

Mrs. Mizutani became an instant celebrity in 2009 after appearing on a Japanese television variety program where she shared the secrets of her age-defying looks.

Now, it seems like her beauty has led her to a big international break. After being introduced on a Taiwanese news site, images of Mr. Mizutani began appearing on Chinese microblogging sites as “Japan’s Lady of Eternal Youth,” and soon her popularity in the country exploded to the point where a Chinese fan-made blog about her has reached over 10,000 followers.

However, it seems that upon hearing the secret to her eternally young visage—spending roughly 5 hours a day on skin care and makeup—some Chinese internet users were turned off, citing the peculiarly popular-in-China Helena Rubenstein quote: “there are no ugly women, only lazy ones.”

Source:Official Blog: Masako’s Daily Life, Twitter [url=http://twitter.com/#!/masako1968]@masako1968, http://www.haibao.cn/[/url]

Source of above article
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the post.

I find it very inspiring to see what other people was able to achieve. Reminds us again - Everything is possible Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if she does facial exercises. Very Happy
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I wonder if she does facial exercises. Very Happy

Very Happy She doesn't mention them. Very Happy

Quote:
Known as the "Beauty Witch" in Japan, Ms Masako Mizutani, looks like a 20-year-old, but is really a 43-year-old mother of two who lives in the Nagoya province.

Having appeared in many magazines, she has become the idol of middle-age Japanese women who aspire to look like her.

Ms Mizutani, who is apparently free of plastic surgery, is said to spend five hours a day taking care of her skin.

And her secrets to looking so stunning at her age?

These are her tips:

- Exercise regularly, get enough sleep and don't smoke.
- Eat fresh, healthy food.
- Have a balanced diet and take four meals a day in small portions.
- Drink lots of water and fluids as water helps to flush out toxins and keep the skin healthy.
- Apply lighter make-up and shades as you grow older.
- Apply vitamin E-based creams or lotions to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
- Follow the cleaning, toning and moisturising regime every night before going to bed
(Source)

ETA: Apparently facial massage is a common practice in Japan and it looks like she might do it.

Quote:

Her Beauty Secrets
Mrs. Mizutani dedicates around five hours a day to skincare and grooming herself. Yeah, she’s got plenty of time! In one of the videos I found of her online (it’s a short advert for a product, unfortunately, in Japanese with no subtitles), she mentioned something about massaging the face. On one of her photos, she seemed to be modeling one of those face massagers that are usually designed to release negative ions onto the skin. Facial massage is a very popular anti-aging technique among the Japanese and even the Chinese. She shares more beauty and styling tips on her personal blog Masako’s Life Style (in Japanese).

Amazing, Creepy or Unbelievable?

I’ve heard of some people who are uncomfortable at the thought of looking too young for their age or seeing other people who are. Personally, I surely won’t sell my soul to the devil for it but I won’t mind being blessed with such youthful looks at 43. Hopefully gifted genes aside, that’s assuming I could spare 5 hours of my day solely for pampering myself!

What’s your say?

*All of Masako’s Images were grabbed from her blog. You can see more of her pictures here

Full Article Here
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I can't imagine spending 5 hours each and every day on skincare, etc. She obviously has this luxury and of course the motivation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Even if my life were organized in such a way that I *could* devote five hours/day to skincare - would I want to use my time that way?

I don't think so. Maintaining my health and looks is important to me...but so is exercise, spirituality, time with friends and family, expanding my mind and just life itself.

bfg
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I could not imagine WHAT I would do for five hours and I'd be bored to tears doing this day after day. That said I'm thrilled when I can fit in a session with an LED light, a facial mask and some facial exercises and put on makeup in a leisurely way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:23 am      Reply with quote
If I used all my gadgets back to back, I bet I could hit 5 hours. Some Sundays I devote purely to my narcisism. I think we also need to keep in mind that her face is her livelihood... I spend 8+ hours a day at my job, is it any different?

PS- I want that thing she has in her hand now. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 am      Reply with quote
She certainly looks attractive in the photos, many of which appear to have been taken by herself, although I could be wrong - but it looks like one arm is in front holding the camera (I have a friend who often self-photographs like this, which may be why I noticed).

Maybe it's just me and my weird phobias, but a 43 yr old woman taking photos of herself posing holding a teddy bear (with a bow on top of his cute furry little head) is just a bit too spooky. Which probably says more about me than the lady in question Smile

She looks quite lovely in the shot where she's standing, hands in pockets, in T shirt and jacket. But that teddy bear pic frightens me ...
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Five hours a day to skincare and grooming can include:

- shower ( 2 times a day)
- massage
- hair styling
- gadgets (for example, Nanci on her website recommended to use LED twice a day two sessions at once = 40 minutes already)
- face masks
- face exercises
- skincare and makeup application in AM
- cleansing and skincare application in PM

I don't see anything wrong about spending 5 hours taking care of the skin, she sells her looks after all. In a sense, looking beautiful is part of her job description. If my career would depend on the way I look, hell yeah, I would spend 5 hours taking care of myself!

Personally, I am very curious to know what she does during those 5 hours, what tools she uses, what skincare products as well as what she eats and what exercises she does. So let's invite someone who understands Japanese so that we can get together and analyze her beauty secrets! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
So let's invite someone who understands Japanese so that we can get together and analyze her beauty secrets! Very Happy

My thoughts exactly! I tried to translate her site and it just does not work!
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
So let's invite someone who understands Japanese so that we can get together and analyze her beauty secrets! Very Happy

My thoughts exactly! I tried to translate her site and it just does not work!

Me three! How, in the world, she is doing that? Have you seen her under-eye area? Close picture of her smiling - not a hint of skin thinning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Five hours a day to skincare and grooming can include:

- shower ( 2 times a day)
- massage
- hair styling
- gadgets (for example, Nanci on her website recommended to use LED twice a day two sessions at once = 40 minutes already)
- face masks
- face exercises
- skincare and makeup application in AM
- cleansing and skincare application in PM

I don't see anything wrong about spending 5 hours taking care of the skin, she sells her looks after all. In a sense, looking beautiful is part of her job description. If my career would depend on the way I look, hell yeah, I would spend 5 hours taking care of myself!

Personally, I am very curious to know what she does during those 5 hours, what tools she uses, what skincare products as well as what she eats and what exercises she does. So let's invite someone who understands Japanese so that we can get together and analyze her beauty secrets! Very Happy

I agree. If I didn't have to go to work, 5 hours a day is easy time to use up on skin care. Normally, you should wait 15 to 20 minutes between skin care application.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
there are not many women over 40 who look in their 20's.In fact most of the older women who looked very young,most of them were Asian.I believe this is because Asians tend to have a lot of fat in their face which makes them look young as they get older;compared to caucasians. I have a lot of Chinese relatives and they all look very good for their age;many are well into their 50's and have very few lines,their faces are full.They dont even really do anything special either.Its mostly genetics. Also they eat a lot of seafood and veggies.I do believe that Japanese lady looks very young for her age, but its a little creepy, like shes trying tolook like a teenager.I wonder how her daughter feels about it, would like to see a photo of them side by side.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Utterly amazing. She appears to have gotten a young start. I've read the Japanese fanatically avoid the sun, that has got to have something to do with it.

I can't help but wonder why she does not look at all like she's menopausal.... most likely it's due to good genetics. She can't be a blood type O, I put my money on it. Someone could probably message her and ask and she would tell; the Japanese are very in to blood type theory. Blood type Os have old DNA and tend to age badly, at least my genotype does. She looks like a blood type A like Miranda Kerr who also will probably never look older than 25:
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Holy smokes, she looks fabulous although a wee bit ridiculous holding a teddy bear and dressing immaturely. It's one thing to look young but when you're not and dressing like it, rather creepy in my book. But I guess that adds to her "youth" look Confused

I find the aging and blood type thing to be rather interesting...I feel another round of investigating coming on! I happen to be a type A and apparently got the youth thingy going on, still get taken for in my 20's...I certainly don't see it but apparently others do Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
She looks like a child vs an adult. As mentioned by another poster I found it peculiar that many of the pictures are taken by herself (arm stretched out)- like the kids do. I also believe that mature, well-tended women have an elegance that is missing here. And yes her skin is beautiful and perfectly made up - gorgeous eyes but something is missing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Gretchen, I don't think she's menopausal at 43.

Asian women age a low slower than Caucasian women. Fat in the face is one factor, skin quality is a factor too. A friend of mine, of Asian background, is 67 now but she looks much younger.
Bloodtype A would age slower? I don't know about that. My sister ages very slowly and looks very good for her age. But then I have the same blood type and I don't age well at all, though until a couple of years ago I was always estimated years younger than my real age (until I lost weight going through a difficult time of grieving).

Looking at the model I can't imagine her having children really. Sleepless nights sitting at the bed of a sick child leave traces, don't they? And being a parent matures you. This woman looks like she's stuck in a teenage loop. I think it's pretty scary if that is what we are supposed to aim for as women - as if we are not allowed anymore to fulfill our potential as human beings, but are stuck forever in projecting a male phantasy of teenage innocence.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:38 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Holy smokes, she looks fabulous although a wee bit ridiculous holding a teddy bear and dressing immaturely. It's one thing to look young but when you're not and dressing like it, rather creepy in my book. But I guess that adds to her "youth" look Confused

I find the aging and blood type thing to be rather interesting...I feel another round of investigating coming on! I happen to be a type A and apparently got the youth thingy going on, still get taken for in my 20's...I certainly don't see it but apparently others do Laughing

I totally agree with you, but was afraid to post it. I thought she looked too creepy. I love youth and to look young, but I believe in looking good then to look too young. This is why I love the french attitude on aging.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh! Shock
I wish I could look that young, personally I don't see anything creepy in taking photos for ones own blog that way, neither in dressing in a younger manner... IF you look that young, what is wrong with that? If you don't look that young it looks odd, agree with that obviously.
Five hours a day, I would love to know in what these five hours are spent on... after all as far as I know Demi Moore spends four only on exercising!!! And I think Madonna even more,... it depends on the job one has... But, one thing is exercise, ... how do they maintain such a youthful face???
I want to know aaaaalllll the hidden secrets!
And, yes please, can someone kindly translate her blog notes!!!! Very Happy
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:37 am      Reply with quote
For non iPad users, internet browser Google Chrome will auto offer to translate webpages in foreign languages.

Anyway, here's putting her blog through Google translate:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fameblo.jp%2Fmasako1968%2F

I've given up looking through though. Sad
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
after all as far as I know Demi Moore spends four only on exercising!!! And I think Madonna even more,... it depends on the job one has... But, one thing is exercise, ... how do they maintain such a youthful face???
I want to know aaaaalllll the hidden secrets!
And, yes please, can someone kindly translate her blog notes!!!! Very Happy

The celebs spend countless hours and thousands of $ we're told on personal maintenance and sure they look better than regular people but in most cases they still look about their age:

I read Demi Moore goes to a facialist named Terri Lawton and uses the Clarisonic:
http://terrilawton.com/
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
For non iPad users, internet browser Google Chrome will auto offer to translate webpages in foreign languages.

Anyway, here's putting her blog through Google translate:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fameblo.jp%2Fmasako1968%2F

I've given up looking through though. Sad

Thanks a lot, I've tried looking through too but don't really find much about how she cares for herself. I might take a closer look.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
The celebs spend countless hours and thousands of $ we're told on personal maintenance and sure they look better than regular people but in most cases they still look about their age:

I read Demi Moore goes to a facialist named Terri Lawton and uses the Clarisonic:
http://terrilawton.com/

No, please, don't tell me Demi uses the Clarisonic!!! Then I must purchase it!! Laughing

On another point, I've been reading recently about the "Body Ecology Diet" and saw the video of Donna Gates about it, sure she must have some botoxing going on because it is not normal to not move a muscle while talking, but the skin looks really good,... this concept of the botox vs. facial exercises always puzzles me about what is best, anyhow she attributes the diet of probiotics, which she sells Wink to her looks at 60 plus..

http://bodyecology.com/
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:44 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

No, please, don't tell me Demi uses the Clarisonic!!! Then I must purchase it!! Laughing

On another point, I've been reading recently about the "Body Ecology Diet" and saw the video of Donna Gates about it, sure she must have some botoxing going on because it is not normal to not move a muscle while talking, but the skin looks really good,... this concept of the botox vs. facial exercises always puzzles me about what is best, anyhow she attributes the diet of probiotics, which she sells Wink to her looks at 60 plus..

http://bodyecology.com/

Yes I read Body Ecology Diet in the mid 90s. Donna Gates is a blood type A.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |