Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beautiful 43-Year Old Model Looks Like a 20-Year Old
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Yes I read Body Ecology Diet in the mid 90s. Donna Gates is a blood type A.

Interesting, did you ever give it a try? I'm tempted in buying the book to see what it's all about apart from probiotics and not mixing certain foods, which is the only info I'm managed to get from the web... if it is so good I can't understand how there isn't more talk about it.
TIA, A.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Donna Gates looks outstanding! I've dabbled a bit in the Body Ecology stuff and I really do believe what she promotes and FULLY believe in the benefits of probiotics and have been making my own raw milk kefir for a while now. A healthy gut means a healthy you, inside and out.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm going down to the blood bank and donating all my Type O blood and getting a transfusion of Type A.

Some days it feels like I spend about 5 hours on my skin - I've got enough gadgets to spend twice that long really - but it's just not getting me the same results as Masako!

I think Asian women age much better than Caucasians - just think of the doll like Geishas. Also the Japanese tend to like child-like things - that's why Louis Vuitton brought out that range of bags with the cartoon motifs on them (can't remember the name), Japanese being the largest consumers of Louis Vuitton. Japan is the land of Hello Kitty after all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm going down to the blood bank and donating all my Type O blood and getting a transfusion of Type A.

Some days it feels like I spend about 5 hours on my skin - I've got enough gadgets to spend twice that long really - but it's just not getting me the same results as Masako!

I think Asian women age much better than Caucasians - just think of the doll like Geishas. Also the Japanese tend to like child-like things - that's why Louis Vuitton brought out that range of bags with the cartoon motifs on them (can't remember the name), Japanese being the largest consumers of Louis Vuitton. Japan is the land of Hello Kitty after all.

Yes, I would have to agree with you, but I find that unattractive and immature for women. There is nothing feminine and sexy about it. Confused
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Hmm, maybe this is why a lot of things don't work for us? I am a blood type 0, as well!

I still think the model is gorgeous regardless of her choice of clothes. Her skin is incredible and I would love to know what she does (though I think genetics is definitely at play here!).
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
gretchen wrote:

Interesting, did you ever give it a try? I'm tempted in buying the book to see what it's all about apart from probiotics and not mixing certain foods, which is the only info I'm managed to get from the web... if it is so good I can't understand how there isn't more talk about it.
TIA, A.

Briefly. Her book is actually where I first read about blood type. I disagree with her about dairy foods; she recommends kefir as a cure all food to just about everyone but I really get lethargic on pretty much all dairy foods.

I agree about getting a blood type A transfusion. My skincare/diet/exercise is helping me hang on but it's been all downhill for me since my 30s. I'm happy to win the wrinkle war and if that is all I can do then I feel good. Unwrinkled yet old looking.... yeah that's fine with me.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:21 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
gretchen wrote:

TIA, A.

Briefly. Her book is actually where I first read about blood type. I disagree with her about dairy foods; she recommends kefir as a cure all food to just about everyone but I really get lethargic on pretty much all dairy foods.

I agree about getting a blood type A transfusion. My skincare/diet/exercise is helping me hang on but it's been all downhill for me since my 30s. I'm happy to win the wrinkle war and if that is all I can do then I feel good. Unwrinkled yet old looking.... yeah that's fine with me.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would totally spend 5 hours a day just on my skin if I knew what to do and I could! i think it's totally worth it. I usually use the isometric part of my face machine for one hours three times a week, but it also has microcurrent and lymphatic, I so need to learn and do it all! I also think it is doable if one works hard enough and has the right tools to look 20 years younger..I think it helps so much when we see other people doing it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
So I was curious and bought the latest book "Baby Boomers..." of Donna Gates, 'cheap' through Kindle...
Interesting reading for me, as I'm new to the info in it. Trying out some things, haven't finished reading yet. And because of the info interested in some health gadgets, though very expensive! Sad
Merry Christmas!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
So I was curious and bought the latest book "Baby Boomers..." of Donna Gates, 'cheap' through Kindle...
Interesting reading for me, as I'm new to the info in it. Trying out some things, haven't finished reading yet. And because of the info interested in some health gadgets, though very expensive! Sad
Merry Christmas!

What are you trying? Please share! And what gadgets are recommended?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I'm not trying any gadgets, just gradually introducing some of the diet recommendations like kefir, fermented vegs like the typical german sauerkraut, just starting to experiment a little.
About the health gadgets, haven't finished reading but one I've read about is pretty expensive, called "biomat" (www.biomat.com ), another is the Ceragem Jade Massager, on the other hand a very cheap neti pot for nasal cleansing is also recommended.
It's an interesting read.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I'm not trying any gadgets, just gradually introducing some of the diet recommendations like kefir, fermented vegs like the typical german sauerkraut, just starting to experiment a little.
About the health gadgets, haven't finished reading but one I've read about is pretty expensive, called "biomat" (www.biomat.com ), another is the Ceragem Jade Massager, on the other hand a very cheap neti pot for nasal cleansing is also recommended.
It's an interesting read.

Sauerkraut??? Really??? Well I'm ok in that department because I love sauerkraut and eat it quite often. In fact, I'm going through a whole cabbage faze at the moment. The Amethyst healing mat and jade massager sound bogus to me though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
there are not many women over 40 who look in their 20's.In fact most of the older women who looked very young,most of them were Asian.I believe this is because Asians tend to have a lot of fat in their face which makes them look young as they get older;compared to caucasians. I have a lot of Chinese relatives and they all look very good for their age;many are well into their 50's and have very few lines,their faces are full.They dont even really do anything special either.Its mostly genetics...

I totally agree. Many Asians tend to age well in terms of facial fullness and the fact that they have beautiful, wide bone structure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
I saw this on another forum and just had to share:

Beautiful 43 Year Old Japanese Model Looks Like She’s In Her 20′s, Garners Huge Chinese Fanbase

She really does look amazing!!! I wonder how much is due to genetics versus being super-proactive. Please let us know if anyone discovers any interesting secrets she has!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:

Donna Gates has had some sort of cosmetic surgery or procedures...definitely at least fillers. Sadly, another person passing off their fillers as their natural look and making money on her new book saying that she earned how young she looks...really bothers me.

BEFORE

http://a1.img.mobypicture.com/2999df587fce31eb8776ae5256a232c9_view.jpg (a candid photo)

http://imaginationiseverything.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/donnapicl-1.jpg (a glamour shot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLP0Ijo2CK4&feature=view_all&list=PL2B75844C6C612D3F&index=0 (video showing her face moving and looking more natural here)

AFTER

http://thelongevitynowconference.com/donna-gates.html (video where her face looks scary, super tight and puffy! maybe also a face lift showing here)

http://autismtalkradio.com/past-shows/episode-0008-autism-talk-radio-the-body-ecology-diet-for-autism-with-donna-gates.php (a photo showing at least fillers)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
gretchen wrote:

Donna Gates has had some sort of cosmetic surgery or procedures...definitely at least fillers. Sadly, another person passing off their fillers as their natural look and making money on her new book saying that she earned how young she looks...really bothers me.

BEFORE

http://a1.img.mobypicture.com/2999df587fce31eb8776ae5256a232c9_view.jpg (a candid photo)

http://imaginationiseverything.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/donnapicl-1.jpg (a glamour shot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLP0Ijo2CK4&feature=view_all&list=PL2B75844C6C612D3F&index=0 (video showing her face moving and looking more natural here)

AFTER

http://thelongevitynowconference.com/donna-gates.html (video where her face looks scary, super tight and puffy! maybe also a face lift showing here)

http://autismtalkradio.com/past-shows/episode-0008-autism-talk-radio-the-body-ecology-diet-for-autism-with-donna-gates.php (a photo showing at least fillers)

Yes just shows that time really doesn't stop for anyone & though diet/lifestyle is important no you can't dramatically anti age yourself with just that, though it helps.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Well, she did earn how young she looks - fillers don't come for free.
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:

PS- I want that thing she has in her hand now. Laughing

I wondered about that too! It looks like it's a ReFa Roller, that seems to be a microcurrent and vacuum tool. At least that's what I'm understanding when I watched the video.

http://www.refausa.com/index.html
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
the japanese definitely have different ways of life than us westerners do. They avoid suntanning and the sun and consider very white skin attractive so they wear umbrellas, hats, gloves when exposed to the sun. Their diet is also much healthier. They eat tons of leafy greens, green tea, and eat tons of seafood...hence why the Japanese have the longest lifespan out of any other country. Also asian genes tend not to wrinkle due to having oilier skin types. I have a japanese friend whom is almost 40 and looks like she is 20 something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:39 pm      Reply with quote

what is this product she is using? It looks like some type of facial massage system....where do i get me one of those?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
what is this product she is using? It looks like some type of facial massage system....where do i get me one of those?

Stardustgirl provided the link two posts up.

They're also available on Ebay.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Sesame,onwww.vivawoman.net seems rather underwhelmed by this gadget.
nycatlover
5% products discount

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
maybe I am reading it differently, I thought it sounded like she likes it.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
In answer to a question, Sesame says,
'You'll really need to use it consistently to get results. If you know how to massage your face, you don't really need this. As for enlarged pores, you will do better with using products.'
In answer to another question, 'Yes, still using
[the roller]. I think it helps with daily usage
but I can't tell a lot of difference from my naked eyes though.'
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
BTW - does anyone know why my posts have this eccentric way of coming out with long and short lines, and can I do anything about it?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |