Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DMAE topical gel 5%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ladies - I am using DMAE gel on my face - 5% amine formulation from GoW. I am wondering if anyone else is using this and if anyone knows where to get a higher percentage. The Dr. Perricone products do not tell you the percentage of DMAE and if you call they also won't tell you. It smells really bad but when it dries the smell is gone. I would love to go stronger to see a more dramatic result. Anyone?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
why not buy DMAE, it's really cheap and make your own; also, it should be used only sparingly, like before a special occasion, as it's effect is only temporary and it can be harmful in the long run... purebulk.com sells DMAE
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Just fyi I read that DMAE is to be used at max 5 or 6%. Might not be much of an incentive if you are planning to go any higher than your GoW 5% one. Smile
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Daler the results seem to be cumulative for me. The first time I used it I saw little change but over the past weeks my skin has become like glass to the touch - so so smooth, like baby skin and really glows. So to use it just once in a while for special occasions I don't think would produce the results I am looking for. What type of damage is DMAE said to cause? Circus - so 10% would be too strong? I am obsessed now - I want to see even more results in the wrinkle area!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:42 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Daler the results seem to be cumulative for me. The first time I used it I saw little change but over the past weeks my skin has become like glass to the touch - so so smooth, like baby skin and really glows. So to use it just once in a while for special occasions I don't think would produce the results I am looking for. What type of damage is DMAE said to cause? Circus - so 10% would be too strong? I am obsessed now - I want to see even more results in the wrinkle area!

Well, Hannah at skinactives, who sells DMAE serum herself, is not a big fan of DMAE being used daily... if you want, please search for DMAE on her forum, you might find some info.. hope this helps... btw, glass like skin??? Now I am tempted to use DMAE too, but I ll resist the urge for now Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
What type of damage is DMAE said to cause?

http://www.smartskincare.com/ingredients/dmae_safety.html
natalie2
5% products discount

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone on this forum actually experienced negative effects from using DMAE? I had very good results using an eye cream that had this ingredient, and was thinking of using it again.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, natalie2, I did DIY with DMAE, approx 4%, may be more... my skin didn't like it much as it appeared irritated and I have a very thick non sensitive skin! I believe DMAE is a salt n it can cause dryness just like salt would..
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 am      Reply with quote
I am still experiencing good results from the 5% and now deciding whether to buy another bottle. Mostly though I am noticing just smoother, softer skin, but I am not noticing much in the way of it taking care of eye wrinkles or skin sagging.
tarantino9

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, new here can someone tell me what GoW is? Thanks
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
GoW + Garden of Wisdom Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |