Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vi peel... Questions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I recently had my lip augmentation done and love it. The plastic surgeon also sold me on a Vi peel (not Vitalaize).

Well all went according to plan until yesterday. The skin on my cheeks and chin started to peel early on the third morning and was nearly over that night, fourth day my forehead started shedding and was finished that afternoon. The skin has shed but the new skin has gradually become very tight, shiny, and dry just like it is when it's about to peel. I called the plastic surgeons office and spoke to a very nice reciponist who told me that it is probably going to peel again. Only in the literature there is nothing about peeling a second time, in fact there is generally nothing about peeling twice with any peel, and my skin certainly hasnt done this before.

I also cant moisturize it, it's stining like hell, and will probably crack. I tried using olive oil but got no luck, it actually stung, which seemed strange to me as it's natural.

I keep looking in the mirror telling myself it's probably going to peel again. I mean it's showing all the signs of being about to peel. I'm just not to sure and the lack of literature regarding peeling twice is making me a bit paranoid Confused

What does it sound like is going on with my skin? Sad

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
AmazingLife
5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Echoecho,

I've done the VI Peel three times and I wish I could help you but I haven't had what you're experiencing.

It's been a while, but what I remember is getting super tan looking, then my skin peeled off like crazy...didn't hurt or anything...just really big sheets of skin (not sloughing...sheets!). It didn't look nearly as bad as it sounds. I never had to stay home or anything. Then about a week later my skin looked clear and smooth.

The doctor should have given you the VI cleanser and moisturizer?? I found the moisturizer irritated my skin during the peeling phase, so I used something else. I'm so sorry, but I don't remember what it was. For more recent peels I've used Eucerine cream and is very gentle but I think it clogs my pores...but depending on how tight your skin feels maybe the chance of a pimple or two would be worth it.

In my experience the VI Peel is really effective and relatively gentle. I'm thinking maybe your skin was initially more hydrated than mine and that's why maybe you'll peel a second time? I purposely didn't moisturize for a couple days after my peel with the hopes of getting greater results.

I'm not a doctor, but from what I've experienced the VI Peel isn't nearly as invasive as other professional peels I've had...although I had better results with VI than TCA or Green. The first time I did VI was at the derms office. I liked it so much I found it on Ebay and have done it myself the other two times. (Kind of nervous to admit that on here, but that's the truth.)

There are so many scary pictures of peels gone wrong and it's hard not to worry when you try something for the first time. I'm really hoping (and believe) that whatever this tightening is you're experiencing will either peel or heal very soon, and you'll be glowing in a few more days.

Please keep us posted.
Laurie
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou Laurie Smile

I got this peel mainly for fine lines, I trust my doctor as he is a plastic surgeon and very knowlagable in these things.

I got super tanned looking and also had my skin peeling off in sheets. It also didnt hurt for me which was great, it sounded like it would. I chose to stay home though because it was hard to tell when the skin was going to peel off some more again.

The doctor did give me a mosturizer and a sunscreen (no cleanser so used a tissue off natural cleanser instead). I used something else instead but like you opted for a dry peel so skipped the contstant moisturizing for the first two days and peeled preety well. I used lucas paw paw ointment which is basically petroleum with fermented fruit. I have dry skin so generally use more oil based creams and dont worry to much about pimples as they are easily fixed.

I do quite a few at home DIY alternatives and have done 30% saluclic peels before at home, was going to go the same route and buy it off ebay but now am not to sure.

I keep trying to remind myself I'm only on day five but it's not working very well. This is probably just the 'oh no what did I do to my skin' moment everyone has when they have a peel even after getting them done a few times. I'm probably just worrying myself it would just help if someone had also heard about the peeling twice phase but your probably right, it will probably peel or heal, this is just me being paranoid Razz

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
AmazingLife
5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Echo,
I'm so glad you're in good hands with a doctor you can trust. I was thinking more about your peeling twice situation and remembered something else that might help you feel a little better.

When my major peeling settled down I started using my Clarisonic once a day when I washed my face. My doctor stressed a week of "fingertips only" cleansing, and the Clarisonic is hardly that...But...I found I was rubbing my face too much in the shower to try to get the skin off and the Clarisonic actually felt more gentle. (My doctor would cringe...I am much easier on my face now, but at that time I really thought "more" was better and routinely practiced over-exfoliation.)

Anyway, I'm sharing this with you because my skin probably was coming off in layers over the week (after the sheets) but it wasn't as noticeable to me as yours is because I was so aggressively "helping" it along. You're likely experiencing what happens when you do it the right way. Smile

Another thing, too, to help you not be as nervous is I remember being shocked that the doctor said I could keep using my Retin-A up until the night before my peel! Pretty much every other peel I've had came with directions to stop using RA two weeks to a month before the peel. That difference really indicates to me that VI must not be nearly as harsh as some other peels. So again, I really think you can breathe easy and expect great results...especially with your doctor behind you.

HTH,
Laurie
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, he did a great job on my lips (as in no side affects at all, he has been injecting for over ten years) so that was sort of an indication to get this done. It's just irritating that they dont put the possibilitie of more peeling in the literature, so you know what could happen and to expect it but it is marketed as a one week peel so it would detract from that.

I have noticed moisturizer isnt helping and the skin is persisting to stay in its current overly tight (more so than it was directly before it started to peel), dry, shiny self however it seems to be flaking around the chin and some on the other parts like the cheeks, not to sure if this will happen with the forehead as well because the skin has already come up very nicely. It's not stinging as much as it was which indicates it's either healing or about to slough off like with a normal peel. I also completely forgot until now that the doctor put two layers on the main parts where it's flaking (which would be my problem areas including the nasal folds, large pores on cheeks, blackheadrs on nose, and underneath eyes). The only part where it's flaky and dry where he didnt put another layer on is the chin. I have found thaty the chin tends to peel the most though.

Thankyou for your help, it's greatly appreciated and has helped me to not feel so paranoid Razz I get like this with every peel, I should name it the 'oh no what did I temporarily do to my skin' step Laughing I doubt it will stay in it's current form as it would make talking a very difficult task for me if it did.

I'm rerally hoping for excellent collagen boosting results from this peel, god knows enough skin peeled off that it should creat more collagen. Tell me what your experience has been with douing it at home? I actually hd that thought, it seems like such an easy process, I've actually dopne at home peels before and since it was done at a professional place it seems like it would be a easy process to replicate. I am more leaning towards purchasing a Rejuvenize peel three set though because it's supposed to be very similar, there are loads of videos on youtube showing the procces and it's it's much cheaper on ebay from a seller with lots of positive feedback.

NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe your peeling has something to do with the paw paw ointment. I know it's easy to think it's natural and a food so it can't possibly hurt. But fermented food products actually create some of the stronger exfoliants. The bacterial byproducts are potent, and The Lucas Ointment is pretty strong on completely healed skin, let alone skin that just been professionally peeled. I think you should contact your Dr and let them know you've put this on your face.

If you want to put a barrier protectant on your face like that, use Vaseline, which is the Lucas Ointment minus the ferment. it's inert and won't react with your peel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
It's the only thing that dosent sting like crazy but you do have a point there, I didnt really think of it like that, just that it's natural so shouldnt sting and also used for insect bites, abrasions etc. I know that the fermented products create some of the stronger exfolitants but figured it was probably a relatively low concentration.

I left it on all night and didnt get any stinging like nearly everything else has been doing.

Your probably right though, I havent bothered putting anything on it today, and figure it should probably resolve itself anyway. I'm kind of over the whole 'put something on find it's stinging, wash it off try something else. Lets drive up the Ph so it's completely out of whack' route Razz my skin is probably better off without it.

circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi echoecho

I am eczema prone and cannot handle papain extract (similarly derived from papaya). It doesn't sting or hurt when I put it on, but I get red itchy rashes. Just something for you to think about. Hopefully you are better already. Smile
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:39 am      Reply with quote
The Vaseline creates a barrier to airflow over your skin which is why it doesn't sting. You need air flow over the nerves in your skin to get a stinging sensation. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have figured this peel out, I'm definitly peeling again, it's just that this time it's more flakes than sheets of skin Razz

I stopped using the lucas paw paw ointment upon your advice and switched to vaseline instead, it seemed to do a good job of getting rid of the flakes... as for the skin underneath it?

I'm not really that impressed, it looks exactly the same as before, it has helped lessen the appearence of pores but thats about it. Not worth the constant itching, price, or the look of literally jumping out of your skin. Hmmm not impressed.

I got this peel for fine lines, shouldnt have this process helped get rid of them? I mean the skin is regenerating itself, shouldnt there be some remodelling? The fine lines I'm talking about arent expression lines, I think they are more of a texture abnormality as they run across all the skin.

I dont see many results and unless they kick in all of a sudden it would seem this has been a fruitless effort... Should have gotten another ml in my lips Embarassed

AmazingLife
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Awe! What a bummer with the peel, echo. The VI is my favorite so far, liked it way better than TCA or any of the glycolics. But when I did it I was reaching 40, so I probably had a lot more room for improvement than you do. Wrinkles were really not my priority..I was after the smooth, glassy finish...and that's what I got and it lasted about six weeks post peel.

Off topic, but I SOOO want to do my lips but I'm scared of looking "overdone" - it's such fine line, isn't it? Plus, I've heard it's painful. I'm glad you've got a great doctor. When it's done right it's beautiful! Maybe if I gain enough weight my lips will just "look" fuller. Smile

Happy healing,
Laurie
AmazingLife
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, dang,I forgot to answer your question about doing the VI peel at home.

It was super easy. Put acetone (I know, gross) on your face, apply the peel (even to the eye area), wait about a week and it's all good. I don't have the link but I found a video online of someone getting the peel by an esthetician and there really wasn't much to it. Both the kits I've purchased off ebay came with explicit and clear directions. The only thing I had to figure out was if it should be applied to the eye area.

When I bought my kits they were somewhere between $125 and $175. My doctor charged $325 (with sample sizes of the maintence products). This was a coulple years ago I think. I've since looked for VI on ebay and it was running around $250, that's why I haven't done it for a while.

I'm going to check out that rejuvaderm peel you mentioned to see how it compares.

Also, your skin is probably just rebuilding. Maybe you'll start to see better results with the wrinkles a little later when you're better able to rehydrate. Hope so!!

Laurie
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I like my lips, they look very natural, they are expensive but if you work out the cost of every day over six months it works out well. It is painfull but the results are worth it. It's unfortunate the same thing cant be said for the peel, well for me anyway, but am happy it worked for you.

It was $500AUD which for something that hasnt provided many tangible results for me seems to be excessively over prices. I'm going to do the peel at home but at the rate it's going not to sure if it's worth the trouble.
It was super easy. Put acetone (I know, gross) on your face, apply the peel (even to the eye area), wait about a week and it's all good. I don't have the link but I found a video online of someone getting the peel by an esthetician and there really wasn't much to it. Both the kits I've purchased off ebay came with explicit and clear directions. The only thing I had to figure out was if it should be applied to the eye area.

I will be trying the Rejuvenize peel at home (skinmedica sells this peel). I hope that there are some results with the fine lines as wont be able to stop kicking myself about notgetting another ml until something tangible shows up.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I actually wanted to add that Too Faced Lip Serum is the first product that has ever notciably plumped my lips very nicely, in fact it was my motivation for finally getting the injections, seeing what they looked like plummped up Razz I still use it now even after having my lips filled, it just increases the size a bit more without getting more filler, I cannot reccomend that product enough especially if you want to see how you will look with plummper lips.

I also love the lip balm by Cellular Skin RX it's a great balm that gives the lips allot of hydration plumping up any fine lines inside the lip area (although they are natural).

I also wanted to reccomend a product for any one whose reading this and has issues with fine lines/wrinkles. I recently purchasesd the Aminogenisis instant wrinkle eraser from here on EDS and am in love with it, it dosent act like every other temporary wrinkle filler out there by using silicones to just fill it in but seems to form a an invisible veil that temporaryily gets rid of the line (it's cheap to at only $20.00).

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Okay so... The flaking has gone away completely thanks to an Aquaphor/vaseline lotion (combo). I whiped this up and used this for a few days, the end result was very good plus it didnt sting.

The skin has completely healed (minus a little red patch, where there was some frosting) and the results are looking good, not worth $500.00 looking good but nonetheless I'm very pleased with the results. The fine lines are still there (admittedly though they are very stubborn) but the skin is very smooth like butter and has a lovely glow to it almost dewy. I didnt even realize my skin had discolorations and this peel has completely resolved that, it also seems to have tightened my skin a little. I would say for these issues the peel dealt with them perfectly.

I want more though, just like with everything else Razz I had a really nice exfoliation yesterday with my MUAC exfoliant and an enzyme masque which didnt irritate at all and just fulfilled my need to exfoliate Surprised Is two weeks after the Vi peel to soon for a Glycolic 30% peel? I also waould like to dermaroll (I should say dermastamp as it works better for me because it isnt as painful) with a 1.5 size but is that to soon after the peel?

I really want to get rid of these fine lines before New Years and would prefer not to do it with the more invasive doctor techniques. I'm loving the Aminogenisis instant wrinkle eraser (especially for the nose to mouth lines and just underneath the eyes but am also looking into using sudden change for that) but can imagine using it all over the face would become a very expensive process. Does anyone know of any other good temporary quick fixes?

Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Why didn't you use the product and regimen recommended by your plastic surgeon? For $500 I'd have expected the doctor to return my call, not receive medical advice from a receptionist. Once the skin barrier is breached as it is by over-exfoliation, your skin can be sensitive to any product you apply. It's possible the second peel was your skin sacrificing the upper layer to protect itself from the paw paw ointment or from the elements generally, a makeshift 'scab'.

Modern thinking on wound care is to keep the surface layer hydrated because research has proven that healing takes place in a wet environment. I wouldn't have used petroleum jelly/ mineral oil - unless the derm advised otherwise - as it may form a barrier but it does not necessarily help the skin remain hydrated.
http://www.koreamed.org/SearchBasic.php?RID=0048KJD/1994.32.4.599&DT=1
Excessive exfoliating can make your skin appear more aged and contain less collagen due to the effects of chronic inflammation; IMO don't do any more just let your poor skin heal naturally. What you see in the mirror belies what is taking place at a cellular level, your body has priorised keeping infection out. At your age you should find fine lines disappear if you focus on hydrating and protecting your skin, along with feeding it from the inside out.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
The products that came as the post care sting really badly plus they aren't very good (judging by the ingredient lists). I get the feeling when it comes to cosmetic procedures that Australia isn't as good as some of the other parts of the world. I have had other cosmetic procedures and it appears like it's the norm to only have contact with the receptionists rather than the doctors themselves outside of appointments. The Vi Peel was expensive for a procedure of this nature, but my plastic surgeon is currently the only one that offers it here in Melbourne.

I'm completely on board to the skin protecting itself and sacrificing the top layer. I completely agree with you on that, the thought had actually crossed my mind but it started the second peel before applying the Lucas Paw Paw ointment (in fact the dryness was more the reason for me actually applying the ointment). The Lucas Paw Paw ointment couldn't have been the reason for the second peel, I'm thinking the skin more wasn't ready to surface yet (maybe the nature of this peel sped it up more than it should have). I also only used the ointment about two times in the span of a day but it could have possibly negatively impacted my skins healing pace.

The Aquaphor/vaseline combo has helped the skin so much, it helped get rid of the dryness and the second peel. I do agree it would have been better to apply something more hydrating (as hydration helps the skin to repair) but the combo was the only thing that didn't sting and make me even more red.

I've never had any luck with diet or hydration but know it is key. Off to find the next treatment.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |