Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

freckles and obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
woodstock

Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:35 am      Reply with quote
HELP!!!! I am just starting my research on removing these (what I feel) UGLY....U.G.L.Y. freckles from my face that I have had almost my entire life. Obviously have gotten worse because I LOVE the sun. Has anyone used the Obagi system to remove freckles? I have way too much information in my brain on photo rejuvenation, laser resurfacing, obagi, etc. and have no idea which avenue to take. Also, does obagi help in the fine wrinkles on the face?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Someone recently posted this website and I thought you might be interested.

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/

I'm under the impression that there's not much you can do for freckles except for bleaching which is very unsafe.

Obagi will definitely help with wrinkles..but I have no idea about freckles. Hopefully someone else can comment further on that.
woodstock

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you SO MUCH for your reply. Can you tell me a little more about the bleaching being "unsafe" or if there was a certain website that you read about this. Does Obagi include bleaching?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used Obagi, so I can't answer too much. I don't believe it's a bleaching agent...but I can't say for sure.

I don't like the idea of bleaching because I've read a lot of posts from people who have used beaching products on their skin an have ended up with burns, and a lot end up with pigmentation problems. Take this one for example: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3486&highlight=bleaching
There's plenty other similar stories out there.

I'm sure there is a non-bleaching product out there that may help you. I'm sure someone else will have more information to give you. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist and take the precautionary/safe approach.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey woodstock, did you look at the real beauty link? What way did you vote? I vote beautiful because she is! Remember, everyone is different and beautiful in their own way. That said skin which has been damaged by bleaching is not an attractive look! see Micheal Jackson for reference!

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guapagirl....good point about Michael Jackson. Definately not looking to achieve that goal....
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking this afternoon and I know Vitamin C serums are good for sun/age spots and scarring. Perhaps they are a product to try??
Allicsirp
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
woodstock wrote:
HELP!!!! I am just starting my research on removing these (what I feel) UGLY....U.G.L.Y. freckles from my face that I have had almost my entire life. Obviously have gotten worse because I LOVE the sun. Has anyone used the Obagi system to remove freckles? I have way too much information in my brain on photo rejuvenation, laser resurfacing, obagi, etc. and have no idea which avenue to take. Also, does obagi help in the fine wrinkles on the face?

Woodstock,

Our skin type sounds the same. I've been using Obagi since October. I love what it has done for my skin. The "Clear", which is the third step in the daily a.m. process is, I believe, more of a lightener...not a strong bleach. I had lots and lots of freckles, tiny ones all over my face, but my neck, chest and shoulders had large ones. After years of the * spam alert * of tanning all those freckles were bunching up altogether and really adding on the years. I've tried almost every product on the market, some with satisfactory results, some not showing any...but Obagi, by far, has been the best AND most expensive. I know you've heard the old saying "you get what you pay for"? Well, it so holds true here. I say if your freckles really bother you and you want to see them at least diminish, try it. You will go through some discomfort due to the Retin A, but in order to get to the fresh, baby like skin cells, you have many years of damage to sluff off. If you are like me, the aggravation will be well worth the wait once you start seeing those freckles and sun spots fade away. If you have any questions concerning the Obagi, feel free to ask. The program can be confusing at first, but persistence is the key and you will definitely get used to the regimen in no time.
woodstock

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lianne....I will give it a try. Anything at this point. Any particular brand you would recommend?
subodhjain82
5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
***edited by Mabsy to remove self-promotion content
Minx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
My understanding is that bleaching products with HQ are only unsafe for those who are pregnant or nursing.... or plan to become pregnant. Dermadoctor.com has some articles about skin bleaching you might want to read for more info!
Best,
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I knew more about the HQ stuff. I've read that:

-it's bad and not to use it
-it's bad for more than 4 weeks
-it's safe

I'm confused about it too.

For vitamin C there's skinceuticals, cellex-c, PCA...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |