Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Karin Herzog thin skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am using Karin Herzog vita kombi 2, on the website it claims that although the product contains vitamin A it won't thin the skin. What are people's opinions on this claim, I'm wanting to thicken my stratus corneum not thin it so I'm currently applying nia24 after vita kombi 2 at night.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Over use of any exfoliant will thin the skin. I guess the claim there is that it's formulated to avoid over-exfoliation. Mind you, that's only appropriate as long as you are not using other exfoliants too.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well this is what it says on the website.

"Acid vitamin A (retinoic Acid) will thin the skin, as it is acidic when applying to the epidermis. In our products the vitamin A is a buffered, neutralized vitamin A that only becomes acid when the oxygen converts to gas from liquid. The change to acid from neutral vitamin A takes place underneath the epidermis and so doesn’t thin, burn or make the skin photosensitive. The oxygen and vitamin A formulas from Karin Herzog are in fact essential for the skin that is exposed to sunlight because of the water content provided to the dermis and the repairing and energy properties of the oxygen." :s
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients? They are not listed on the website and it doesn't say which form of each vitamin are used. If you wish to thicken your skin it would make sense to use products with proven healing/ repairing ingredients, and no exfoliants.

I have a healthy dose of skepticism for website sales pitches, TBH the liquid oxygen thing sounds implausible. Research shows simple physical activity boosts circulation and skin health; one aspect of increased fitness is new capillaries. Perhaps e-mail Karin Herzog and ask for details of the clinical studies which back up their claims?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replies, well I've looked at the jar and in the ingredients is listed retinol... hmm Sad
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a it of artistic license then... Embarassed

If it's working for you, use it. Just take care not to use othr exfoliants with it.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hello I'm sorry to bump this thread but I was wondering if even the oxgen cream which doesn't contain retinol would also thin my skin. Does 2 % hydrogen peroxide thin skin?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
AlcoholicArtist wrote:
Hello I'm sorry to bump this thread but I was wondering if even the oxgen cream which doesn't contain retinol would also thin my skin. Does 2 % hydrogen peroxide thin skin?

Not that I am aware of but someone else may know better. It's definitely a bleaching agent/ anti-microbial so could wipe out your entire skin flora. Some sources suggest HP inhibits would healing, others that may promotes it! Without more scientific evidence I wouldn't put that on my skin on a regular basis.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/456300_3
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110524171251.htm

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Firefox. Damn and I thought that I'd finally found a line that I could stick with Sad
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I have used karin herzog for over ten years. it has not thinned my skin out or caused any problems. It originally cleared my cystic acne. Now I am older I have drier skin.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Karen Herzog products, including the Vita Kombi 2, for over 2 years and I don't believe it thins the skin. Also, it is not an exfoliant. I love her products. They are wonderful for the skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |