Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Constructing a skincare routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Eerie

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
As it is, I have trouble figuring out what to use. My skin tends to react very unpredictably to things that come into contact with it and I am very nervous about adding things to my routine. My current routine is:

Cerave Hydrating Cleanser (PM)

Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (AM, PM)

La Roche-Posay Anthelios Sunscreen Milk SPF 60 (AM)

One of the things I am thinking of adding is either Paula's Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum or Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum Fragrance-Free. Anyone tried or heard something about one of them?

I am also considering seeing a dermatologist about getting a prescription retinoid, but I do not know if my skin can handle it. Would it be worth trying?

I would like to exfoliate as my skin looks dull, but which product is best for dry/sensitive skin?

I am not sure if I need anything else, maybe an eye cream or a toner?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A and retinols are proven by science to reverse aging. I'd go for it and add it to your routine.. It may cause redness for a little bit..but worth it. I have used both. I find that Green Cream (retinol) works on my skin without irritating as much as retin A did. Green Cream has level 3, 6 ,and 9. Start with 3 ..three times a week and build up to once a day in the p.m.

as for the CeRave..I love the stuff and use it too!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I like CeraVe moisturizing. I did try the cleansing product. I can't remember if it has parabens or not.

For sensitive skin retinols is a very mild formulation will be a best start. A derm will help you. I also like Green Cream and you may be able to start there more reasonably in terms of cost than a derm visit and purchasing retin-a.

A physical sunscreen to protect your skin is crucial.
I am not a fan of Paula - though I'm sure she has some good products. She has no background other than being a makeup artist. I think she's a good marketer and has enough connections to pull together a few good products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Recently, I have come across a few articles mentioning Cerave products. It seems to me it is a fairly good and less expensive option in
the skincare regimen. I am here in Asia and can not find this products, but only Cetaphil. Is there anyone who can offer some comments on the comparion of Cetaphil moisturizing cream and Cerave moisturising cream. I have very sensitive skin and it gets very dry in fall and winter.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
Recently, I have come across a few articles mentioning Cerave products. It seems to me it is a fairly good and less expensive option in
the skincare regimen. I am here in Asia and can not find this products, but only Cetaphil. Is there anyone who can offer some comments on the comparion of Cetaphil moisturizing cream and Cerave moisturising cream. I have very sensitive skin and it gets very dry in fall and winter.

Cetaphil and Cerave are completely different products with completely different ingredients. Cetaphil is the most basic moisturizer you can get and essentially what it is, is just some hydrating ingredients and some fillers to help seal in the moisture. It doesn't add much benefit to your skin except help it retain water.

Cerave on the other hand, has a patented blend of ceramides, which has proven to be very useful in repairing the lipid barrier of the skin according to some studies. Essentially, it tackles the root of the problem, rather than covering it up like what Cetaphil does.

Don't get me wrong, Cetaphil is VERY good at what it does - hydrating the skin. But Cerave will help repair the skin and its barrier to not only repair itself from the damage already done, but to prevent any future damage from occurring.

Cerave also has a special encapsulated technology, similar to Retin-A Micro that allows its ingredients to be released throughout the day.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Try sensitive skin with lactic acid peels as it is naturally found in skin and hydrates whilst it gently exfoliates. Consider rosehip seed oil instead of a prescription retinol, it contains vitamin A but in a gentler form and has proven anti-ageing properties.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Eerie wrote:

I would like to exfoliate as my skin looks dull, but which product is best for dry/sensitive skin?

I have dry skin that can be sensitive and I use Skinbiology's Lactic Power 10. It is a leave on lactic acid exfoliator that has some great ingredients.

http://store.reverseskinaging.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=29L

Ingredients: Purified water, lactic acid, ethylhexyl palmitate, squalane, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium salicylate, carthamus tinctorius seed (safflower) oil, phenoxyethanol, polysorbate 80, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) gel, retinyl palmitate, tocophersolan (vitamin E), mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, and mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q-10), xanthophyll (lutein), lycopene and astaxanthin.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Try sensitive skin with lactic acid peels as it is naturally found in skin and hydrates whilst it gently exfoliates. Consider rosehip seed oil instead of a prescription retinol, it contains vitamin A but in a gentler form and has proven anti-ageing properties.

Yes, rosehip oil is very good for skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |