Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
NuFace Trinity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I've lurked for a while gathering info (you all are *so* helpful) and thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything about a new gadget called the NuFace Trinity.

I was googling for Black Friday sales for the best deal on a NuFace, and one of the returns was a Twitter post about an upcoming launch. I'm now thinking I should wait a bit (apparently a week since the date mentioned was 11/30) and see if the new gadget is a better thing to have than the regular NuFace. I've only found one page about it, and while it mentions interchangeable heads, it doesn't mention what all the heads are. I'm curious if it would include something targeting the eye area (which I understand the current model doesn't fully cover).

Since I'm new I can't post a link to the page I found, but googling nuface trinity microcurrent got me the page (and weeded out all those cabinet ads!)
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Stardust, please post an update when you find info on it and when it is launching.
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 am      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
Hi! I've lurked for a while gathering info (you all are *so* helpful) and thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything about a new gadget called the NuFace Trinity.

I was googling for Black Friday sales for the best deal on a NuFace, and one of the returns was a Twitter post about an upcoming launch. I'm now thinking I should wait a bit (apparently a week since the date mentioned was 11/30) and see if the new gadget is a better thing to have than the regular NuFace. I've only found one page about it, and while it mentions interchangeable heads, it doesn't mention what all the heads are. I'm curious if it would include something targeting the eye area (which I understand the current model doesn't fully cover).

Since I'm new I can't post a link to the page I found, but googling nuface trinity microcurrent got me the page (and weeded out all those cabinet ads!)

Welcome wave
This is a link...most of the reviews on Nuface here weren't too good...maybe they have added something to make this better.. Rolling Eyes

http://www.mynuface.com/t-trinitysignup.aspx

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Frodo - if you look on Twitter under the username mynuface (I believe that's the official account) mentions a launch of November 30th.

Toby - thanks for posting the link. Hopefully someone is more in the loop about it.

I read so much on NuFace vs FaceMaster vs Tua Viso that I swear I'm dizzy. Laughing I got the feeling that NuFace and Tua were similar, with it coming down to a "your mileage may vary" thing. It sure seems easier to find a NuFace in the US. The link on their website went to a site that also sells lock-picking devices and windshield repair which just seems weird to me. I'd feel like I was buying a Rolex out of some guy's trunk.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:25 am      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
Frodo - if you look on Twitter under the username mynuface (I believe that's the official account) mentions a launch of November 30th.

Toby - thanks for posting the link. Hopefully someone is more in the loop about it.

I read so much on NuFace vs FaceMaster vs Tua Viso that I swear I'm dizzy. Laughing I got the feeling that NuFace and Tua were similar, with it coming down to a "your mileage may vary" thing. It sure seems easier to find a NuFace in the US. The link on their website went to a site that also sells lock-picking devices and windshield repair which just seems weird to me. I'd feel like I was buying a Rolex out of some guy's trunk.
I have all three and the only one I wouldn't recommend is the NuFace. The tua Viso is available here in the USA
http://ncnskincare.com/rejuvenating-tools-c-7 and there may be a sale on it, not sure if it part of the sale http://ncnskincare.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that info - it's much more helpful than their main site. And now I'm off for more reading about the Tua Very Happy I like the idea it's not tied to a gel in order to use it. Did you see a much better result with the Tua vs the NuFace or was it a useability issue that made you like the Tua better?

I'm focusing on 2 areas: jawline and eyes. I want to tighten the muscle, it's not a wrinkle or line issue.

I'm thinking I'll eventually add facial exercises since I've read so many good things about them. However, I am dismal at biology and looking at technical muscle names is intimidating (it's like computer stuff... I know there's unix under here but that's too complex - I use the gui to get what I need and it works oh so well) Cool I'm thinking by starting with a gadget to help, seeing an improvement will encourage me to try more.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
Thanks for that info - it's much more helpful than their main site. And now I'm off for more reading about the Tua Very Happy I like the idea it's not tied to a gel in order to use it. Did you see a much better result with the Tua vs the NuFace or was it a useability issue that made you like the Tua better?

The Tua Viso is a nice machine, I have seen results using it, although facial exercises add more punch. I do find there are some areas the Tua Viso can reach that are difficult to tap with facial ex...like behind the ear and I really like the way it works the neck. I find the zapping is relaxing and it is nice not to have to mess with gels. I never saw any....and I mean anything happening with the Nuface. The frequence is low and you feel nothing on the skin except the cold knobs...for me it was a waste of money.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Not having purchased any skin gadgets in years, I finally broke my "no more gadgets ever" rule and bought a NuFace just a couple of weeks ago. So of course a new (and undoubtedly better) version is now being released Rolling Eyes

Now I eagerly await the glowing reviews of how much better the new NuFace is than the old, just to confirm that yet again I have wasted money on a gadget. And I was kind of liking the NuFace, until I saw that sleek looking new model....
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man, I literally just ordered a NuFace with a black friday sale. Now a new one??? I wonder how return policies will be for people who got this over thanksgiving only to be told a new one is about to come out....? I'm anxious to hear more about it...
caliopejo
5% products discount

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I came across this forum and thought I might be able to help, having been a long time customer and user of NuFACE.

First, I wanted to give some insight on the Facemaster and Tua Viso as they are a completely different technology that NuFACE. These are both TENS units that I have worked with in the past but they contract the muscles, which you don't want to do. It will eventually cause the muscle to atrophy.

NuFACE is microcurrent which is a small, low-level current that helps stimulate cellular production and actually maintains muscle memory. It does not contract the muscles.

Also, I've heard a bit about the Trinity through tradeshows and other estheticians. It is going to be awesome, because it is rechargeable, however it is the exact same level of microcurrent as the current model. It looks really nice and will have interchangeable heads in the future, but not yet. Plus, I'm sure it will be more expensive than the current model.

I've worked with skin tools for years, so let me know if you have any questions.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I noticed from the link Toby posted that the new Trinity appears to be chargeable. I don't mind so much using batteries, but the connectors for the 9V battery on the old NuFace are kind of awkward/stiff, at least in my clumsy hands.

The new design is more attractive to my eye, and it seems to be smaller, although hard to tell size from the pic.

When I received my NuFace, I kind of thought it seemed a bit "dated" and could do with an update, esp the battery connection wires. Little did I know....
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
This is available on QVC. The first showing is happening tonight.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.24hr.item.A221943.desc.NuFACE-Trinity-AtHome-Microcurrent-Facial-Toning-Device

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:40 am      Reply with quote
butterflyrainbow wrote:
Oh man, I literally just ordered a NuFace with a black friday sale. Now a new one??? I wonder how return policies will be for people who got this over thanksgiving only to be told a new one is about to come out....? I'm anxious to hear more about it...

I hate when that happens, its frustrating.
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, Frodo Smile

I do wish they'd offered more heads upfront with the introduction of this device so I could better judge its versatility. Right now it just seems to be mostly the same as a regular NuFace.

After reading around some more, I decided to try out the Tua Trend. It looks like I can use it in a few more spots than the NuFace, plus it sounds like the build quality is better.
caliopejo
5% products discount

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the Tua Viso products before and prefer the NuFACE.

Here is why:

Tua Viso - Causes involuntary twitching/ muscles contractions.

NOT FDA regulated

30 minute treatment time

Doesn't penetrate serums

NuFACE - Relaxing treatment, I don't feel anything at all with the gel on.

FDA-cleared

5 minute treatment time

Penetrates product so I get more use out of my skincare.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
@caliopejo

I appreciate your comments about the Trinity.
I have some questions as a new NuFace user, I just got mine with a black friday special and I'm trying to decide if I should keep it, or return it an get the Trinity.

So far I can't really tell a difference in my skin. I have had trouble with acne and have some scarring and hoped that the NuFace will have a healing effect, giving my skin greater freshness so I'm less likely to have wrinkling and look too aged from my acne scars.

What are your thoughts on use for this?

Do you know of any places to look for more information on how to use it beyond the instructions that came with it and the few you tube videos out there?

would you suggest keeping the old model or waiting for the trinity?
caliopejo
5% products discount

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
@butterflyrainbow

Are you using any sort of serum (I would recommend a Vitamin C) before doing the NuFACE treatments? It will penetrate the product as you are using the device.

How long are you using it and how often? The results are cumulative so I use mine almost every day for about 10 minutes. Have you watched the videos on their website? I usually review them as a refresher.

Both devices use the exact same microcurrent technology and have the same strength, so I doubt you would get different results from the Trinity.

I hope this helps!
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 am      Reply with quote
@caliopejo

I've been using it for maybe 10-15 mins in the basic and advanced steps shown in the cards it came with. I've only had it for a week and have used it about 4 times. I have watched the videos, it seems so simple, almost too simple. What on earth happens so different in half hour spa treatments with it?

I have been wondering about serums, but it seems so weird to use it under the gel and then wash it off.... Doesn't it all just wash off and you have to re-apply? It feels like a waste of product....

I use being true therapuetic blemish treatment by day and retin a at night... Are these good to use with it?

Thanks so much for answering my questions!
caliopejo
5% products discount

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
@butterflyrainbow

When you use a serum underneath, the product is penetrated so after the treatment you are only removing the gel as the product is penetrated in the skin.

When I use the NuFACE in treatment rooms, I usually do a 10-15 minute add-on to the facial so that is about how long you are using it.

I wouldn't use Retin-A before the NuFACE as it is too harsh to penetrate into the skin and may cause irritation. I would use it after your NuFACE treatment.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
interesting...

how long have you been professionally using the NuFace for treatments?

Are there any tricks you can share?

As I have been using it I wonder how pressure affects it, like does the metal just need to touch lightly and glide, or is it good to press and move the skin around?
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
also, in the papers it says only to use it in motions along the cheek and brow, but in a European video, it said to use it on the neck too... What is your opinion about that?

Is it possible to use it around the eyes to help look less tired?
caliopejo
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the device on myself and in treatment rooms for a little over 3 years now. I always make sure to make very slow glides and put a little pressure on it while doing so. I also do the holding techniques where you lift and hold an area for 5-10 seconds.

Microcurrent can be used on the body and has been for many years. I think they are only FDA cleared for the face which is why they only show the cheek and brow area.

A wonderful thing about microcurrent is that it travels so even if you're using it on your cheekbones, it will travel and treat the areas around your eyes.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response caliopejo. What you said about pressure is really helpful.

It is so interesting, I do wonder what its "off label" uses can be. Why can't you use it around the eye area? Would it be harmful?
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 am      Reply with quote
One thing that got me interested in the NuFace over other devices was having had electric stim and ultrasound in pysical therapy for injuries. I wonder if I can even use my NuFace on areas where I physical therapists have used ultrasound. Any thoughts?
caliopejo
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Microcurrent is fascinating, I would recommend doing some internet research on other uses microcurrent is known for.

The reason you can't use it directly around your eyes is that those muscles are circular and the spheres on the device are too large to use on the small, circular muscles.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |