Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
NuFace Trinity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious about the attachment with wands for eyes and mouth. I use my facemaster on those areas since I can't use the Nuface there. I had heard in the past that they might have a head for hair rejuvenation coming up also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Carolb - have you tried using Aloe Vera Gel. Apply it all over face and you can just squirt a little water on when it dries out. It's also not necessary to wash it off - I usually just use a little toner to wipe over the face afterwards.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Sovajo wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:
RyanA, thanks for the notice regarding QVC. Just ordered mine, they will ship the device to Canada as well.

Looks like Nuface will be having a new device available soon as well. The Trinity Wrinkle removing device. Saw it listed on the main web site page. (another new gadget, lol!!) Very Happy

Lipglossdoll, I can't seem to find the Trinity Wrinkle removing device anywhere on their site (mynuface.com). Where should I be looking?

Thanks!

I saw it Monday on the site. It was one part of one of those slides on the front page. It looks like it's not there anymore.

CarolB, thanks for the info.
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Keliu. I have used Aloe Vera. I just read on here that you should add sodium something or other to it for better conductivity. I will have to research exactly what it is. I get overwhelmed with all the info on here. I have used cheap forms of Aloe. I heard some people use Epicurean brand Aloe Vera. I don't know if there are differences in quality of Aloe Vera? Most research to be done! Hope your all healed up from your treatment. You look amazing!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:44 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
NuFace doesn't sell their stuff to Amazon so anything being sold there is diverted product, fake, repaired etc. Somewhere on the myNuFace site it says this.

I saw this on NuFace's site this morning as I was intending to purchase a Trinity from Amzn (and it's Fulfilled by Amzn, which means I can return it for a refund).

Suzanne Somers says the same thing about her FaceMaster on her own site, and I think it's nothing more than a scare tactic from both Suzanne and NuFace.

Darn it, I missed the TSV on QVC, I must have been busy that day, but $325 from NuFace and some of it's "authorized sellers" is out of the question for me at this time.

BTW, I did buy a Platinum FaceMaster on the "Bay" and there is no way it is counterfeit.

The only thing that bothers me is no warranty support.
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Yarii wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:
NuFace doesn't sell their stuff to Amazon so anything being sold there is diverted product, fake, repaired etc. Somewhere on the myNuFace site it says this.

I saw this on NuFace's site this morning as I was intending to purchase a Trinity from Amzn (and it's Fulfilled by Amzn, which means I can return it for a refund).

Suzanne Somers says the same thing about her FaceMaster on her own site, and I think it's nothing more than a scare tactic from both Suzanne and NuFace.

Darn it, I missed the TSV on QVC, I must have been busy that day, but $325 from NuFace and some of it's "authorized sellers" is out of the question for me at this time.

BTW, I did buy a Platinum FaceMaster on the "Bay" and there is no way it is counterfeit.

The only thing that bothers me is no warranty support.

I bought a NuFace Trinity at Amazon that was 'fulfilled by Amazon', since I have Amazon Prime and could get it with free 2nd Day Delivery.

It arrived, looking perfectly "new in the box", but when I opened the box, the Trinity NuFace was cracked open all along one side, and you could see the works inside.

I returned it immediately for a refund, and ordered another one from the NuFace web site.

Scare tactics or not, I don't know. But I'm very glad that I ended up getting one from the NuFace site, with a warranty. Smile

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Do you happen to remember if it was Cosmetics Warehouse Store (fulfilled by Amazon?) - I have Prime also, and one of the reasons I love to shop there over other sites.

BTW, I just checked QVC's latest reviews, lots of Trinity's are being shipped DOA.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Yarii wrote:

BTW, I just checked QVC's latest reviews, lots of Trinity's are being shipped DOA.

I bought mine from QVC when it was the TSV, and I love it but I've seen Q reviews who say it stopped working after varying amounts of time-weeks, months, to a year. So this makes me concerned about the quality. For this price, I need it to last way longer than a year. I called QVC to see if they offered a protection plan for purchase, but they don't. I found this curious because HSN always offers a 2 or 3 year protection plan you can purchase on items like this, even beauty items like the SSC microcurrent device and the NoNo.
Yarii

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I saw a 2 year extended warranty on NuFace's site earlier today, but didn't pay much attention to it. I do think it was only available if you were buying your NuFace there and adding the additional 2 year warranty to the same order. But you may want to go and check for yourself. Smile
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yarii wrote:
Do you happen to remember if it was Cosmetics Warehouse Store (fulfilled by Amazon?) - I have Prime also, and one of the reasons I love to shop there over other sites.

It was The Skin Fitness Store (fulfilled by Amazon).

I received the one I ordered from NuFace on March 27/12, and haven't had any problems with it ... so far ... fingers crossed!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I received my NuFace a few days ago and have used it three times. I Could actually feel quite a bit of tingling, but this happens if there is not enough gel. Especially if it touches my nose which has no gel, i get a painless electric shock. Dosnt hurt just surprised me. Also i had a bit red skin after and little red bumps, but they went away after a while, my skin stings a bit, i think it's the gel doing all that, but after the third time i think my skin is getting more used to it. Too early for me to say any results yet, but i do feel like i look more fresh after each time using it. I just wonder if the results really will be cumulative or if it's one of those things that it only last for a day, so you use it for a special occasion. Does anyone know?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
It is a little of both. The results only last for a few days at first but then after using it 5 days a week for 90 days, you get longer lasting results. After 90 days you switch to 3 days a week to keep up the results.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Laura Lizzy for your reply. Have you been using this and had any good results over time? Also how hard should we press on our face with it? Is it supposed to be firm or light? Could there be such thing as our muscles getting so used to this 'help', and becoming even more slack if we ever stopped using it? I hope not...
DS

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have been comparing nuface with baby quasar. Have anyone used both? What are the differences in the effect?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Is it any different than the original Nuface?
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm playing with the idea of buying NuFace Trinity. My worst feature is jowls and I would like to know if any users have achieved any lifting.

PQ (on this board) who is very knowledgeable, had this to say about NuFace:

"Nuface has an output of 400 uAmps which is within the correct range for a microcurrent treatment.

Normally, you don't feel any sensation, during a MC treatment.

I would give Nuface another go!"

His opinion and the fact that a professional MC machine is out of my budget, is the reason I'm considering buying it but I would like to know if any of you have achieved results with lifting besides improved skin tone and wrinkles.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Not PQ here but I will share my experience with Nuface products. I bought the orginial Nuface years ago and was disappointed that it didn't zap me Laughing I had a lot to learn about microcurrent and years later an esty on this forum shared her experience using the Nuface in the treatment room. She kindly answered several messages from me about it and I pulled mine out of the drawer and started doing treatments with it. This was in Nov. of 2011. I did treatments with it for three months and was very impressed with results. I ventured on into professional microcurrent treatments because my husband bought a package for me for Valentines Day. I had those treatments and eventually bought a professional machine but....I still use the nuface as a quick daily pick up. It is a good device....quick easy and effective. The down side of the device is it's design is such that working on some areas of the face you are limited but there is a plan for a wand attachment in the future(that is for the Trinity model). I think it is great for major lift with jowls, nasal labial,neck and forehead. Eye area response best to wands.
I bought the trinity at one point but sent it back because it stopped working, others here have had success with it. My thought is try it for 30 days and see what results you have. You will be able to judge results in that time frame.
PQ mentioned doing a review and that might be worth waiting for.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Toby I really appreciated your input here since I know you have a lot of experience with gadgets. In an old post you had said NuFace was the only gadget you would not recommend. Since I take your comments seriously, at the time I changed my mind about buying NuFace. Now I'm delighted to hear you changed your opinion.

I bid on one on ebay, If I get it and it breaks I'll out of luck...

I found a spa in my area that has the Beautiful Image MC machine and I had a treatment to see how it's done but machines with probes and gloves seem too complicated for me to use at home and I'll end up not sticking with it. Nuface is simple and if they come up with probes I'll try them.
Thank you again
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Toby I really appreciated your input here since I know you have a lot of experience with gadgets. In an old post you had said NuFace was the only gadget you would not recommend. Since I take your comments seriously, at the time I changed my mind about buying NuFace. Now I'm delighted to hear you changed your opinion.

I bid on one on ebay, If I get it and it breaks I'll out of luck...

I found a spa in my area that has the Beautiful Image MC machine and I had a treatment to see how it's done but machines with probes and gloves seem too complicated for me to use at home and I'll end up not sticking with it. Nuface is simple and if they come up with probes I'll try them.
Thank you again

There was a rave about nuface in 2007-8 and then those of us that bought it were disappointed in the lack of the zapping current...little did we know that microcurrent shouldn't be felt that way. I posted many times that I thought the Nuface was a waste of money...Thank goodness that I kept mine and I appreciate that Caliopejo(a member here)took the time to educate me. Here are some postings that may help you.

April 2008
Toby wrote:
I read the posts about the Nuface and ordered. I found a source for information on the nuface and I will pass it on to all of you. She is a
esthetician and she said nuface can be used for 20 minutes for the ultimate lift. She also has used it on people that have had huge weight losses and it has tighten up skin all over the body. I had a question about the difference in this unit and the derma tone or Suzanne Somers facemaster and this was her response to me in an email

My question started by asking why the current is so light compared to the derma tone and this is the response.

More is not Better!

In the aesthetic industry “more is not better” is a term estheticians live by, especially when it comes to our facial muscles. For that reason microcurrent is used in luxurious spas to re-educate the facial muscles, the treatment is known as a “noninvasive facelift”. Microcurrent is a low level current that is said to mimic our own bodies current. Microcurrent is used to lift and tone the facial muscles, increase collagen, elastin, ATP and circulation. Thus the face takes on a more youthful appearance with lifted muscles, reduced lines and wrinkles, and an even skin tone.

In the mass market there are various at home devices that claim to deliver a variety of benefits to the face. Most “facial stimulators” on the market emit a current called TENS- which is a 1000 times greater than microcurrent. TENS units are powerful enough to contract the muscles although long term can atrophy the facial muscles and have been found to actually deplete our cells of protein (collagen and elastin) and ATP (function of the cells to detoxify and promote cellular turnover).
Microcurrent is used to lift and tone the facial muscles, increase collagen, elastin, ATP and circulation. Thus the face takes on a more youthful appearance with lifted muscles, reduced lines and wrinkles, and an even skin tone.

Toby

Toby Jan2012
Toby wrote:
This was on another thread and I thought it would be helpful here.
caliopejo wrote:
I get the best results with the newer all-natural gel. It doesn't have any irritating elements in it and has a silky texture to it. I've used just the mist before, but I don't see the same results. During a demo with a rep, they said that the gel is formulated especially to conduct the microcurrent and other gels or mists won't conduct the current as far. I wouldn't recommend making your own gel or concoction as it probably won't work properly. Plus, since it is technically an FDA cleared medical device, the gel has to be approved, too.

I am in my 30's and have seen great differences in my skin. It has improved the texture and smoothness all around. My cheeks look plumper, my jowls are tighter and the deep 11 lines in between my brows have softened.

I've used the device on women (and men) of all ages and most see an overall tightness after the first use. I tell them to focus on the length between the jaw and cheekbone and it looks tighter after doing one side. Also, the cheekbones pop, the brow is lifted and the eye appears more refreshed and open. You can also see the corners of the mouth lifted and after continual use, the wrinkles will soften.

Also this is a thread that was started in 2006, I think.....I bought a Nuface in 2008 and was ready to sell it on ebay unitl I read what caliopejo posted. I messaged caliopejo and with her advice and I have revisited the use of the Nuface. I had been disappointed with it when I used it in 2008....didn't feel the current and tried it four times and then into the drawer in went. I have been using the advanced techniques as listed on the website and I am really liking it as a very quick effective lift....maybe caliopejo will come and join the discussion since she uses in her work. Very Happy The link
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18130&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nuface&start=0

Check out this thread….Caliopejo is the member here that helped me with the Nuface
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44512&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby.
Do you know what's the newer all-natural gel and where to get it. Is it the one NuFace includes with the gadget or is she referring to a different one?

My eyes are beginning to burn from reading those links, I now need a break...

If anyone knows of a NuFace Trinity special/sale please let me know.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I saw on a quick glance

http://www.amazon.com/NuFace-Trinity/dp/B006HTPL8Y

http://www.skinstore.com/checkout/shoppingCart.aspx?cProductID=17668&affiliatecode=pfi_amazon_NF019&cpn=1533

http://shop.mynuface.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=40151&Click=518&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine&gclid=CJPBg6uUyLQCFRQcnAoddjAApA

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I had seen these. I wonder is the refreshed device comes with warranty. I'm itching to buy it but since I placed a bid on ebay I have to wait 4 days to see if I win. I pray someone outbids me.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Never mind, I just read: comes with one year limited warrantee.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
It said one year warranty... How much did you bid?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I bid $150.00 on a used one. What I consider now is if it breaks I will have no recourse. Some negative reviews on Amazon said device stopped charging after 1 month. Do you have any experience with breakage or malfunction?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |