Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
NuFace Trinity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I'm still not clear on the difference between galvanic and micro current...

I have discovered that true microcurrent is measured in micro-amps (500uA and less) and galvanic current is measured in milliamps (1000uA).

Quote:
Because microcurrent flows at one millionth of an ampere it is delivered on the same scale as the current the body produces on its own in each cell, it is therefore physiologic.

Microcurrent is subsensory and cannot be felt while it is being delivered because there is not enough current to stimulate the sensory receptors.
Traditional electrotherapy units such as TENS, Interferential and Galvanic deliver current in milliamps, which a higher level of current. They can cause muscle contraction and microcurrent cannot.
http://www.medicalproductsonline.org/whismi.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Keliu!
You certainly do your research. That's very helpful.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Nuface Trinity on 1/7 then on 1/10 I fell and fractured my shoulder so bad I need a replacement.
I'm wondering whether I should return it since it will be months before I can use it. If I return it will they let me re-buy it in a few months with same 30 day guaranty?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I received my Nuface Trinity on 1/7 then on 1/10 I fell and fractured my shoulder so bad I need a replacement.
I'm wondering whether I should return it since it will be months before I can use it. If I return it will they let me re-buy it in a few months with same 30 day guaranty?

So sorry to hear about your accident - sounds terrible. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

I would email them and explain your situation - I'm sure they'll help you out. I wonder whether the microcurrent would help with the healing process though - might be worth investigating before you send it back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Keliu you always have great suggestions! I hadn't thought of using Nuface for healing, Do you know of any particular technique? I'm having surgery next week, should I use it before?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Keliu you always have great suggestions! I hadn't thought of using Nuface for healing, Do you know of any particular technique? I'm having surgery next week, should I use it before?

No, I really don't know much about it - but I'm sure I've read on the internet that it can be used for pain management. Do a Google search and see what you can find. Good luck with everything!

Here's one site:
http://www.altmeds.com/microcurrent-therapy/articles/microcurrent-and-pain-management

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
It looks similar to the old Nuface which I thought everyone dismissed.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Anyone still using this? I am just about to take the plunge and want to be reassured that I am not making another big mistake that will end up in my gadget drawer gathering dust Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I started to use my NuFace Trinity three days ago. Today I have a couple of pimples on my face. I'm wondering if it's the gel.
Does anyone know if NuFace works with water alone? I was thinking of using a spray bottle to wet my face before a treatment. Any suggestions from user would be appreciated.
wolfmama
5% products discount

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Bellazza,

I broke out from the gel as well. I tried it a couple of times with water just keeping a spray bottle handy and spraying the area I am working on each time. I have only done this a couple of times so I can't say with certainty that it is working but I do feel the tingle of the machine so I would assume so. The other thing I have done is washed my face really well with my Clarisonic before and after. This seemed to keep the pimples at bay. If you don't have a Clarisonic I am sure washing really well with a rough washcloth would do the trick.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Anyone still using this? I am just about to take the plunge and want to be reassured that I am not making another big mistake that will end up in my gadget drawer gathering dust Smile

I just used it for the first time, today. I'm very impressed. A very definite brow lift and forehead lifted and rest of face better toned. Easy to use. Thumbs up.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Catski - that is awesome!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I started to use my NuFace Trinity three days ago. Today I have a couple of pimples on my face. I'm wondering if it's the gel.
Does anyone know if NuFace works with water alone? I was thinking of using a spray bottle to wet my face before a treatment. Any suggestions from user would be appreciated.

I still felt the zaps with water. I tried glycerin and a cheap aloe gel. The aloe gel worked pretty well with sprays of water to keep it moist.

I have skin of steel and the NuFace gel irritated me if I used it multiple days in a row. My face would turn red and scratchy, like sensitive skin reaction.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Which gel are you guys are using?
ImageImage
The old type of gel seemed strong and less than gentle on the skin....lots of people commented on their skin not liking it. so they formulated a new more natural one like the first photo in the green tube.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
^^^ the gel with my NuFace is the one in the green tube. Caused irritation if I used it two days in a row.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 am      Reply with quote
There has to be an alternative to this gel, that one can use! I hope.. I can't get it in the uk, anyhow. Wink
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I would contact the company about the issue. I do remember seeing one of Christine Byer's videos and saying she has clients that can't tolerate any type of gel and she uses water. I know that it can sting a little with water but the company should have some suggestions. I would think just aloe watered down would work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:01 am      Reply with quote
The gel in the green tube is the one I have. I used it again this morning and my skin looks worse... Next I'll try aloe gel and plain water and see if my skin reacts to that.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I posted this link on another microcurrent thread and thought that I should post it here as well. It has 2 moves for the NF for around the mouth that I hadn't seen before. Anyone tried them?

http://www.qvc.com/footers/hb/pdf/A226576_treatment_steps.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:28 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
There has to be an alternative to this gel, that one can use! I hope.. I can't get it in the uk, anyhow. Wink

Try some aloe gel, spritzed with water. This is the one I used and it does work with the nuface. Hopefully you can get something similar in the UK.

http://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Earth-Aloe-Vera-100%25/dp/B000052YM0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1364055982&sr=8-4&keywords=Aloe+gel
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:31 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
I posted this link on another microcurrent thread and thought that I should post it here as well. It has 2 moves for the NF for around the mouth that I hadn't seen before. Anyone tried them?

http://www.qvc.com/footers/hb/pdf/A226576_treatment_steps.pdf

I tried these face moves. Not sure they did anything. But I do recall reading somewhere that using the Nuface around the mouth wasn't recommended, so I was a little hesitant on continuing them. In fact, the Nuface instructions on their website do not include these moves.

I'd being interested in hearing what others think about these.
wolfmama
5% products discount

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:

This is a copy of some literature that actually came with my NuFace Trinity so I would assume they are safe moves since it came with my device from NuFace.

I have used these moves. They seem to be helping to lift the corners of my mouth albeit slowly. I find my FaceMaster to hit this area better since I can control the placement of the wands.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still experimenting with my NuFace Trinity. This morning I used water instead of the NuFace gel. I felt the zaps of the device and while some people call it relaxing I didn't like it. I just bought Aloe Vera gel to use tomorrow.

Also I did the advanced technique and held the device in place for 6 beeps. The device shut itself off when I was ready to start the other side of my face indicating I had used it for 20 min. This is the time recommended... is it OK to use it for 40 min? Would it be better to alternate regular technique one day and advanced another day?
wolfmama
5% products discount

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bellezza,

It has never bothered me holding 30 seconds vs 15 seconds. I based this technique on hearing that estheticians use longer hold times on areas of concern. In the FaceMaster tutorial dvd Suzanne Somers slso said that she holds longer (20-30 seconds) on different areas that need work. I would assume micro-current is micro-current, but can't give you a definitive answer. You may want to contact NuFace customer support since that is what you are using and ask them about longer hold times on the NuFace specifically.
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone here,
I am considering to buy Nuface. I see EDS has NuFace Advanced Facial Toning Device. I search Nuface official website but still confused. This one is the third generation of Nuface or it is the advanced 1st generation?
Is anybody bought Nuface from EDS? Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |