Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
NuFace Trinity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll definitely do more research. So far I've just been looking for nuface info, but not the broader topic of micro current. If you have any resources you can reccomend I'd appreciate it.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
also, it sounds like you do treatments in a salon. What kind of treatments do you pair microcurrent with? Are there any other treatments you have had great results with that you can share? Thanks!
caliopejo
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I add the treatments into my facials and also massage.

I always get great results when using with microdermabrasion, too.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've considered microdermabrasion for acne scars, but worried about using it since I use strong exfoliants like retin a and salycilic acid. I really want to lessen my acne scars, but I still get cysts a few times a year. I was hoping NuFace would help here....

How does microdermabrasion, acne, and microcurrent fit together....? And is microdermabrassion something to try at home if you are a DIY skincare person, or best to do with a professional?

I'm really finding this thread helpful, thanks!
caliopejo
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Microdermabrasion and skincare work from the skin down while microcurrent works from the muscles up.

I would recommend cleansing the skin with a non-oil based cleanser and exfoliating 2-3 times a week. Exfoliating

Microcurrent is known to be detoxifying and increases circulation which can help acne. I would recommend going to a professional if you were going to try microdermabrasion.
MaryBeth

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
caliopejo wrote:
I've been using the device on myself and in treatment rooms for a little over 3 years now. I always make sure to make very slow glides and put a little pressure on it while doing so. I also do the holding techniques where you lift and hold an area for 5-10 seconds.

Microcurrent can be used on the body and has been for many years. I think they are only FDA cleared for the face which is why they only show the cheek and brow area.

A wonderful thing about microcurrent is that it travels so even if you're using it on your cheekbones, it will travel and treat the areas around your eyes.

What kind of changes have you seen in your skin and how old are you? What kind of changes do you see with clients?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 am      Reply with quote
@caliopejo
So far I haven't had any major irritation, but since I have such sensitive skin, are there other options aside from the conductivity gel made by NuFace? Like something really really simple and non irritating. Or is there a formula you can make yourself? On one youtube demo, the stylist just spritzed a model's face with the optimizing mist and didn't use the conductivity gel... Can you just use water or make your own mist? What is truly important and what is just icing on the cake?

I'm also curious about the kind of changes you see in you and your client's skin, and ages...

Thanks!!!
havana8

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
butterflyrainbow wrote:
@caliopejo
So far I haven't had any major irritation, but since I have such sensitive skin, are there other options aside from the conductivity gel made by NuFace? Like something really really simple and non irritating.

Rankine's Remedies has a few gels that many seem to like:
http://rankines.com/Canada/Galvanic-Gels-Canada/gels_canada.html

HTHs! Smile
caliopejo
5% products discount

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I get the best results with the newer all-natural gel. It doesn't have any irritating elements in it and has a silky texture to it. I've used just the mist before, but I don't see the same results. During a demo with a rep, they said that the gel is formulated especially to conduct the microcurrent and other gels or mists won't conduct the current as far. I wouldn't recommend making your own gel or concoction as it probably won't work properly. Plus, since it is technically an FDA cleared medical device, the gel has to be approved, too.

I am in my 30's and have seen great differences in my skin. It has improved the texture and smoothness all around. My cheeks look plumper, my jowls are tighter and the deep 11 lines in between my brows have softened.

I've used the device on women (and men) of all ages and most see an overall tightness after the first use. I tell them to focus on the length between the jaw and cheekbone and it looks tighter after doing one side. Also, the cheekbones pop, the brow is lifted and the eye appears more refreshed and open. You can also see the corners of the mouth lifted and after continual use, the wrinkles will soften.
caliopejo
5% products discount

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
@havana8

Those gels say they are for galvanic and ultrasound.

NuFACE is microcurrent which is 1,000 times smaller of a current than galvanic. Therefore, it would require a different formulated gel to work properly.

I would not recommend using one of those gels for microcurrent.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Galvanic Gels Clinic Edition 4.0 Enhanced
Treatment support for:

•Galvanic Spa II/ageLOC from Nu Skin Enterprises
•BT-Micro from Bio-Therapeutics
•NuFace from Carol Cole Company
•FaceMaster from Facemaster of Beverly Hills
•Fyola Facial Massager from Chi Activate

I copied this off the Rankine's Remedies website. Rankine Remedies not only makes their gels and other products but they do treatments at their facility.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I sent an email through Nuface website a week or two back, asking about using aloe vera gel or other substitutes instead of the "official" gel. No response... not surprising, but still rather annoying, as I thought they'd at least take the time to do a non-committal type reply for a customer who's already purchased their device. Apparently not... Sad
caliopejo
5% products discount

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
@appletini

have you checked your junk/spam folder? their emails always seem to go to mine. that's weird, they're usually really good about getting right back to me.

also, some of my clients have used aloe vera, but the results aren't very consistent.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I kind of expected my question would be in the "too difficult" category.

If aloe vera or other gels are equally effective, I understand that they wouldn't want to officially confirm that as they then would lose income from sales of the Nuface gel. On the other hand, if they confirm other gels aren't effective, then they lose on sales of the Nuface gadget for those with sensitive skin that can't tolerate the Nuface gel.

Anyways, I think I'll stick with the aloe vera. Not that I have sensitive skin, but I just don't like the tacky feel of the Nuface gel and can't remove it without using a wash cloth.

So has anyone got a Trinity now and can compare to the old Nuface?
caliopejo
5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
@appletini

have you tried their NEW all-natural gel? it's way smoother and thinner compared to the older gel.
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
caliopejo wrote:
I came across this forum and thought I might be able to help, having been a long time customer and user of NuFACE.

First, I wanted to give some insight on the Facemaster and Tua Viso as they are a completely different technology that NuFACE. These are both TENS units that I have worked with in the past but they contract the muscles, which you don't want to do. It will eventually cause the muscle to atrophy.

NuFACE is microcurrent which is a small, low-level current that helps stimulate cellular production and actually maintains muscle memory. It does not contract the muscles.

I've worked with skin tools for years, so let me know if you have any questions.

Hello,

I don't understand why you say contracting the muscles would cause atrophy......it should be just the opposite, contracting them is exercising them is it not? And exercising your muscles increases muscle tone; the exact opposite of atrophy.

Can you please tell me why you say this?
caliopejo
5% products discount

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
@tomisonbottom

Overworking the muscle and causing constant contractions (especially in the face) is bad. Think about when a person goes through physical rehab. The TENS units are only used for pain/rehabilitation and only for a short period of time.

Another example of this is the disease Myotonic Dystrophy. This is an involuntary contraction of the muscle which leads to muscle weakness and atrophy.

One way to look at this is to think of WHY our muscles start to sag in the first place. It's from years of using them, contracting them, etc.
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 am      Reply with quote
What does TENS mean?
LoveBunny

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I finally broke down and bought a Trinity! At $236, it was an amazing deal. It works wonderfully! Fun to use and I see a bit of eyebrow lift when I use it right beneath my brows. I can't wait to see what new heads they come out with. Any rumors about what they're going to come out with?

My main reason for commenting is about the optimizing mist. What can I use as an alternative to it to re-moisten the conductivity gel while doing the treatment? The mist is $32. I don't think so! Can I just use a bit of water? Water is the first ingredient, so would that work okay? I see it also has Aloe. I could make a home mix of that if that would work. Thanks!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
If you read the instructions (or maybe it is the DVD), it says you can add a little water if your gel dries out. And you only do one side at a time so don't apply gel to an area until you are ready to work on it.
I finally bought one and am taking pictures every day. Hopefully I will have good results!

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
If you read the instructions (or maybe it is the DVD), it says you can add a little water if your gel dries out. And you only do one side at a time so don't apply gel to an area until you are ready to work on it.
I finally bought one and am taking pictures every day. Hopefully I will have good results!

I forgot to update. I had a moment. I later read the back of the gel tube just because and it said water can be used. :face palm: I do only use it on one spot at a time, yet it still dries rather quickly. I find using it after a shower when in the steamy bathroom keeps it moist longer. Thanks for responding!

Good luck with your new Trinity and I hope you have great results!
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Planning to buy a nuface

Based on the information I gathered, the old model is almost identical to the new ones
LoveBunny

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
wylone wrote:
Based on the information I gathered, the old model is almost identical to the new ones

The rechargeable Trinity is extremely convenient. Also, NuFace is coming out with new attachments for the Trinity. I'm not sure what they'll do, but I like to have that option. The older model doesn't have a removable head.
SueSop2012
5% products discount

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased NuFace Trinity and I LOVE it.

Background: Since my mid-40's I was a Tua Viso / Tua Trend User.

I took a series of micro current facials which got me more into the MicroCurrent than the TENS as I got into my 50's.

I found the Tua Trend could not do the little sculpting I got from the micro current facials and I was also getting a few harsher lines which it seemed to exaggerate, so I bought a FaceMaster.

The esthetician (European) who did my micro current facials heartily recommended the NuFace over the Tua Trend.

She said especially for a more mature gal the contractions caused by the TENS are not helpful plus the micro current adds other useful benefits for more mature skin, especially helping with collagen formation.

She recommended the NuFace for overall toning and lifting 4-7 times a week and the FaceMaster for sculpting little areas that the big balls of the NuFace just can't quite do, once every week or so.

Of course she gave me all this advice OFF the record because she knew I could not really afford the expensive facials and because she could see I was committed to looking my best.

I took her advice and I LOVE it.

I do the advanced treatment 5 - 7 time as week.

I love it - it really has made a difference in my overall skin toning and especially my nasolabial folds.

I also do use a serum under it. Seems counterintuitive, but if you let the serum soak in a bit, then the micro current really helps its effectiveness. I do not use their brand tho.

In fact, I loved it so much ... that for my birthday I asked for a second one. YES, I use them both at once and cut my treatment time in half. Best few hundred dollar gift my husband ever gave me!

I also use Tua Skin but the results of that are to ally different. That one is more for like the surface of the skin as opposed to the toning. I use that maybe once or twice a week for a few minutes.

I have had such good results with it that last week my girlfriends and sisters took me out to lunch and asked me point blank: what are you doing? We know you haven't "had anything done" but you are not looking old like the rest of us, we want to do what you are doing, your lines by your mouth are going away". And ladies, I am the OLDEST of the bunch. So, my results are obvious.

Another endorsement was last week at a family event when some of the guests who do not know our side of the family thought I was the same age as my daughters-in-law (who are 16 and 13 years younger than I am). When you are 53, that is good enough to know you are looking good. At my age I am glad to look even a little younger and not older than my age.

Now, to be fair, I think one reason I have good results so fast is because I did not just start in my mid-50's and I already had kept a good deal of tone from my 40's. I think if you did start later, it would take a LOT more time than a few weeks to see good results. I know a lady in her late sixties who went for the same facials and started NuFace who said it took her about 4 months to start seeing real results especially on the jowls.

I also think I get good results because I mix in a little sculpting with the FaceMaster.

And lastly, the gal who instructed me in European, so she does a few things which they don't "recommend" in the US, but, that is mostly like BS because they are OK in Europe. It is just some FDA technicality. Specifically, on the FaceMaster, I actually go up into my hairline all around my head and shorten those muscles which does wonders for the forehead. Simiarly, she taught me how to do it on the neck (sides and even a bit in the front) which is killer on the jowls. On the NuFace, she also does the sides and somewhat to the back of the neck and the chest, in fact, the body can use it too, you can find YouTube videos.

If you need guidance, I suggest, sock up enough money to go for a few micro current facials preferably with a European style salon. Pay close attention to what they do and you can then copy it at home. By me they were $150 each, a great investment for the tips I got.

A little FYI, my facial gal who gave me the initial tip said the buzz in the industry is that the additional heads for the Trinity might be a larger one for the body and one with smaller heads for a bit of sculpting. Wouldn't that be great!!!

Lastly, she said rotate your products every few months, you do not have to use expensive ones but a good collagen/elastin ampule or serum, other good ingredients for firming are DMAE and Matrixyl and she said avoid Argirline like the plague. For eyes she said Eyeliss and Haloxyl are also good too but again no Argirline. The brands are some that I see mentioned on this site, NCN, BabyFace, Skin Beautiful, etc.

Does it all make me look 25 no of course not but better than I would otherwise.

Does it take effort, yes, but, I enjoy looking good and treating myself right and with my "double units" it only takes 10 minutes a day to have people asking "how does she do it" TOTALLY worth it.

Good luck to whoever tries one.

Anyway that is my experience.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, SueSop, that is an awesome report... makes my QVC click finger a little more clicky, lol. Laughing

I am particularly interested in how well you think the Trinity works on "laugh" lines, I guess those are the nasolabial folds? I would love to diminish those... Also did you see any improvement on the lines between the eyes? The dreaded 11s?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |