Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
NuFace Trinity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
SueSop2012 wrote:
I recently purchased NuFace Trinity and I LOVE it.

Background: Since my mid-40's I was a Tua Viso / Tua Trend User.

I took a series of micro current facials which got me more into the MicroCurrent than the TENS as I got into my 50's.

I found the Tua Trend could not do the little sculpting I got from the micro current facials and I was also getting a few harsher lines which it seemed to exaggerate, so I bought a FaceMaster.

The esthetician (European) who did my micro current facials heartily recommended the NuFace over the Tua Trend.

She said especially for a more mature gal the contractions caused by the TENS are not helpful plus the micro current adds other useful benefits for more mature skin, especially helping with collagen formation.

She recommended the NuFace for overall toning and lifting 4-7 times a week and the FaceMaster for sculpting little areas that the big balls of the NuFace just can't quite do, once every week or so.

Of course she gave me all this advice OFF the record because she knew I could not really afford the expensive facials and because she could see I was committed to looking my best.

I took her advice and I LOVE it.

I do the advanced treatment 5 - 7 time as week.

I love it - it really has made a difference in my overall skin toning and especially my nasolabial folds.

I also do use a serum under it. Seems counterintuitive, but if you let the serum soak in a bit, then the micro current really helps its effectiveness. I do not use their brand tho.

In fact, I loved it so much ... that for my birthday I asked for a second one. YES, I use them both at once and cut my treatment time in half. Best few hundred dollar gift my husband ever gave me!

I also use Tua Skin but the results of that are to ally different. That one is more for like the surface of the skin as opposed to the toning. I use that maybe once or twice a week for a few minutes.

I have had such good results with it that last week my girlfriends and sisters took me out to lunch and asked me point blank: what are you doing? We know you haven't "had anything done" but you are not looking old like the rest of us, we want to do what you are doing, your lines by your mouth are going away". And ladies, I am the OLDEST of the bunch. So, my results are obvious.

Another endorsement was last week at a family event when some of the guests who do not know our side of the family thought I was the same age as my daughters-in-law (who are 16 and 13 years younger than I am). When you are 53, that is good enough to know you are looking good. At my age I am glad to look even a little younger and not older than my age.

Now, to be fair, I think one reason I have good results so fast is because I did not just start in my mid-50's and I already had kept a good deal of tone from my 40's. I think if you did start later, it would take a LOT more time than a few weeks to see good results. I know a lady in her late sixties who went for the same facials and started NuFace who said it took her about 4 months to start seeing real results especially on the jowls.

I also think I get good results because I mix in a little sculpting with the FaceMaster.

And lastly, the gal who instructed me in European, so she does a few things which they don't "recommend" in the US, but, that is mostly like BS because they are OK in Europe. It is just some FDA technicality. Specifically, on the FaceMaster, I actually go up into my hairline all around my head and shorten those muscles which does wonders for the forehead. Simiarly, she taught me how to do it on the neck (sides and even a bit in the front) which is killer on the jowls. On the NuFace, she also does the sides and somewhat to the back of the neck and the chest, in fact, the body can use it too, you can find YouTube videos.

If you need guidance, I suggest, sock up enough money to go for a few micro current facials preferably with a European style salon. Pay close attention to what they do and you can then copy it at home. By me they were $150 each, a great investment for the tips I got.

A little FYI, my facial gal who gave me the initial tip said the buzz in the industry is that the additional heads for the Trinity might be a larger one for the body and one with smaller heads for a bit of sculpting. Wouldn't that be great!!!

Lastly, she said rotate your products every few months, you do not have to use expensive ones but a good collagen/elastin ampule or serum, other good ingredients for firming are DMAE and Matrixyl and she said avoid Argirline like the plague. For eyes she said Eyeliss and Haloxyl are also good too but again no Argirline. The brands are some that I see mentioned on this site, NCN, BabyFace, Skin Beautiful, etc.

Does it all make me look 25 no of course not but better than I would otherwise.

Does it take effort, yes, but, I enjoy looking good and treating myself right and with my "double units" it only takes 10 minutes a day to have people asking "how does she do it" TOTALLY worth it.

Good luck to whoever tries one.

Anyway that is my experience.

Welcome SueSop2012,
If I could give you a hundred thank you hearts I would because this is a wealth of information. You are confirming what I have been mulling over in my mind for the past couple of weeks. I am totally on the same page with you on the use of the facemaster along with the Trinity or Nuface. You have put a lot of thought in what you are doing and this is a wealth of information you are sharing. How fortunate to have a professional willing to share information. I think microcurrent is great for lift and the combination you have come up with is perfect.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I contacted NuFace on their FB page and I got an answer about the new heads to be released!

"Hello, we are so excited to be launching future smart heads(RED LED AND BLUE LED) for the Trinity device, thank you all for your interest and patience! The launch is slated for summer and our team at NuFACE will keep you posted if it is earlier or later. Thank You"
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
SueSop2012~

Did your esthetician specifically say why to avoid argireline like the plague?
LoveBunny

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:29 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
SueSop2012~

Argireline was an ingredient I was looking up a while ago. It apparently works in the short term, but then it causes a lot of sagging, wrinkles & weird spongy skin. Quite scary.
essentialdayspa. com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10810

Remove the space after the period before the com. Since I'm new, I cannot post "external" (that's what the warning told me when I tried to post) sites.. though that thread isn't external, it was still flagged.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
ARGH.... I remembered that NCN sells a sunscreen called Botox Alternative SPF 30 and at the time I bought 2 bottles of it. Still have one left. But wait! The ingredients also have SLS (what? why?) and of course ubiquitous paraben.

Soooo bummed. I really need to label check in the future. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
LoveBunny wrote:
brierrose wrote:
SueSop2012~

Argireline was an ingredient I was looking up a while ago. It apparently works in the short term, but then it causes a lot of sagging, wrinkles & weird spongy skin. Quite scary.

Remove the space after the period before the com. Since I'm new, I cannot post "external" (that's what the warning told me when I tried to post) sites.. though that thread isn't external, it was still flagged.

There seems to be so much controversy about argireline. I remember reading that thread and yet I didn't notice anything negative when I have used it in the past. In fact I was thinking of using it again on my forehead because it really worked to soften lines there. On the other hand at my age I can't afford to take the chance on any extra sag!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
ARGH.... I remembered that NCN sells a sunscreen called Botox Alternative SPF 30 and at the time I bought 2 bottles of it. Still have one left. But wait! The ingredients also have SLS (what? why?) and of course ubiquitous paraben.

I am sooo bummed too! I have that sunscreen and I rather liked it....but not only that I had also purchased the EGF capsules & the DNA serum both of which I don't feel comfortable about using anymore!!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
SueSop, wow! Thank you so much for sharing all the beauty tips! I don't have the nuface yet, but I think I will order it soon. I do facial exercises and I have the facemaster and the connie stevens time machine (use this mainly for the jawline area). I am going to try all the tips you shared. Very Happy
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, I am a little confused about the difference between the Facemaster and the Trinity... I went to the Facemaster site and it looks like it's a microcurrent device also.... any info from those of you with both?

p.s. Brierrose, I know exactly how you feel... anymore these days I am considering going as natural as possible for daily skincare and then just using actives to beef up the routine. Yikes.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, she herself had seen some bad results from it (not as bad as the online horror stories, but definitely she saw sagging and non response in the areas).

From what I have read of it, I would use extreme caution. I think the jury is still out on it and personally I do not feel the need to be a guinea pig!

brierrose wrote:
SueSop2012~

SueSop2012
5% products discount

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
They are both microcurrent but they're very different. NuFace Trinity has two large, fixed balls and FaceMaster has two small, narrow wands. Look on youtube for how they are used and you can see how different they are.

Yes, ingredients can be confusing but if you read the studies on argireline, they are not much, and it was originally intended for spot areas, not in full face products like many are putting it in now. Other ingredients have a longer history with very few horror stories so you can feel safe using them.

Luminosity wrote:
Ladies, I am a little confused about the difference between the Facemaster and the Trinity... I went to the Facemaster site and it looks like it's a microcurrent device also.... any info from those of you with both?

p.s. Brierrose, I know exactly how you feel... anymore these days I am considering going as natural as possible for daily skincare and then just using actives to beef up the routine. Yikes.
SueSop2012
5% products discount

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Actually the Trinity has an advanced move for above the eyes and also two for around the mouth.

While you can't use NuFace right around the eyes you can use other microcurrent devices there.

caliopejo wrote:
Microcurrent is fascinating, I would recommend doing some internet research on other uses microcurrent is known for.

The reason you can't use it directly around your eyes is that those muscles are circular and the spheres on the device are too large to use on the small, circular muscles.
SueSop2012
5% products discount

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well that should prove interesting too!

I haven't used LED so I suppose I will be giving it a shot!

I was hoping for a wand attachment so I could dispense with my FaceMaster but I suppose I will just have to invent that myself if I want it Smile

LoveBunny wrote:
I contacted NuFace on their FB page and I got an answer about the new heads to be released!

"Hello, we are so excited to be launching future smart heads(RED LED AND BLUE LED) for the Trinity device, thank you all for your interest and patience! The launch is slated for summer and our team at NuFACE will keep you posted if it is earlier or later. Thank You"
SueSop2012
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Well if you find it has been OK to use, I suppose you should not panic because of reports on the Internet.... but I would keep my eyes open!

Keep in mind that the esthetician who made the comments was doing micro current facials, which are definitely at odds with argireline or any facial fillers. Their spa will not do micro current for anyone using argireline, botox, juvederm, etc. because the relaxing effect works against the success of toning and firming!

I do not use argireline because I don't really have any deep lines or creases I feel I cannot live with or work on.

I just think those who want to use it should

- stay attentive to possible side effects

- not try to combine it with micro current or other facial toning

- not use as an "all over wonder product" but as a spot treatment for stubborn areas.

But all that is just my own little opinion!

brierrose wrote:
LoveBunny wrote:
brierrose wrote:
SueSop2012~

There seems to be so much controversy about argireline. I remember reading that thread and yet I didn't notice anything negative when I have used it in the past. In fact I was thinking of using it again on my forehead because it really worked to soften lines there. On the other hand at my age I can't afford to take the chance on any extra sag!
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have never heard that microcurrent is contraindicated in you have had fillers or botox. THe only things I have heard is that you should wait at least two weeks to have any microcurrent procedure after botox or fillers.Has anyone else heard any different?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
When the NuFace rep came to my spa, she said wait 3 days after Botox or Fillers to use the Nuface. Personally, I would give it 7-10 days just to be extra safe!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
When the NuFace rep came to my spa, she said wait 3 days after Botox or Fillers to use the Nuface. Personally, I would give it 7-10 days just to be extra safe!

I agree as botox takes 7-10 days to take effect.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I am sooo bummed too! I have that sunscreen and I rather liked it....but not only that I had also purchased the EGF capsules & the DNA serum both of which I don't feel comfortable about using anymore!!

I'll take them! Very Happy Razz Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
brierrose wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I'll take them! Very Happy Razz Laughing

Sister, if you want the Botox Alternaive sunscreen, I'm happy to mail it to you... I threw away the first bottle that I had been using, but the second one is still in the bubble envelope. When I received it, I never even opened the package, just put it in my cupboard. Brand spankin new.

All I'd ask is the cost of mailing... If you're interested, pm me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I noticed EDS is now selling Trinity, although currently listed as "out of stock".

I'm seriously tempted to get one, but will probably wait until I inevitably drop/or otherwise destroy my current "old style" NuFace. I've had it for a few months now, so it's only a matter of time Rolling Eyes
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a NuFACE Trinity from Amazon last week, and with my Prime membership, got free 2nd Day Delivery. Was really disappointed when it got here and I opened the box to find the Trinity unit was cracked open all along the sides and bottom. You could see the "works" inside, and they jiggled when you moved it. Needless to say, I sent it back for a refund.

Because of that, I didn't really trust the seller at Amazon, so rather than order another one from them (even though I'd get free delivery and have it in 2 days), I went to the NuFACE site and ordered one directly from them. Turns out it was the same price, and NuFACE has free shipping; will just take it longer to get here.

Got an email from them telling me it shipped today. Can't wait to start using it! Have seen comments from Trinity owners who say they love it, so I'm hoping I will too. Will let you know!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to hear what you think of the Trinty. I've been on the fence about buying it.
kalima

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
We sell this at my spa. Noting the new design, I said to my coworker, "Don't get that thing mixed up with your vibrator." Unless you're into that sort of thing, NTTAWWT, etc.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
NuFace doesn't sell their stuff to Amazon so anything being sold there is diverted product, fake, repaired etc. Somewhere on the myNuFace.com website it says this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
NuFace doesn't sell their stuff to Amazon so anything being sold there is diverted product, fake, repaired etc. Somewhere on the myNuFace.com website it says this.

I searched the NuFACE site thoroughly and didn't find anything like that. I did find this:

"We are only able to issue refunds for NuFACE® products purchased directly from Carol Cole Company. If you purchased from another retailer, please contact them directly for information on their return policy." So evidently their products are sold by other dealers.

The one I got from Amazon was not listed as refurbished, and the packaging it came in was the actual NuFace box. It was sealed, and had all the things that come with the Trinity - the gel, the instructions, the unit itself, the recharger base and a one-year manufacturer's warranty card to be filled out or registered online. How the unit got broken, I do not know; neither the box nor the box it was shipped in was damaged.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |