Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Memory Foam Mattress
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody out there got a memory foam mattress? I was wondering if they are as good as they sound. I'd really like to get one as most of the ordinary mattresses I've tried in the past have been pretty poor. I often suffer with a bad back and I thought a memory foam mattress might help as it should support me in all the right places.

I'm a little wary of the memory foam pillows though. They look such a weird shape.

How could that be comfortable?
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I've heard about the tempurpedic mattress, the one they advertise on tv. The foam is the same stuff they use on the space shuttle for NASA. They are supposed to be wonderful, I want one so badly but they are very expensive!! Shock
I heard that you can try it out for 90 days and see if you like it before you buy, sounds very tempting, but if I fall in love with it I'll have to come up with $3000.00!
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Heres a link to the site:
http://www.tempurpedic.com/tempurcmsvb/
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
The Tempur is really expensive. I think they offer a 60 day trial in the UK. There are cheaper versions on the market but I couldn't say whether they were any good or not. May have to spend the weekend trawling round some furniture stores jumping up and down on the beds. I will take my boyfriend along for company. Angel
iangusmom

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I got 2 pillows for my partner and I several years ago as a Santa present for each of us. It is a weird shape but it WORKS Very Happy !!!

We both have back and neck problems and this pillow has really done a lot to minimizing those problems. It is the MOST comfortable pillow I've ever had in my life......and when we travel I always pack it to go with me.

In fact, I accidently left mine in the hotel room last year and moved heaven and earth to try to get it back. No one from housekeeping acknowledged they had it, so I had to go out and buy another one.

...and no I am not a representative of tempurpedic, just a happy consumer Very Happy
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toe,

I have the tempur pedic mattress and pillows, been sleeping on them for 3 years now. It really depends on the person, some people like it and some people don't, but my boyfriend LOVES it, said it's the most comfortable bed ever. It takes some time to getting used to it though.....

As far as killing/healing the pain goes, I used to a programmer and had neck pain beyond belief, and it's gone now.

hope this helps,
D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I like the tempur pedic beds...I'd get one with the built in massage....Smile
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
We just got a new pillow top mattress. It is great. Their is a 3 inch layer of memory foam on top of the regular mattress. It might be a good alternative to the expense of a memory foam mattress. It was a little bit more expensive than a regular mattress, but not nearly as expensive as a memory foam mattress.

Liz
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, that’s right! You can buy those foam memory mattress toppers for somewhere between $100-$200USD. Over here, you can order it from QVC, so you might see if the QVC-UK has them, too. That way you can try it for 30 days before you’re stuck with it....

Oh, and I have one of those funky shaped memory foam pillows and now I can’t sleep without it. Before I got it, I was sleeping on my 35-year pillow that I inherited from my older brother. I know, it was old, moldy and disgusting. But I absolutely refused to part with it because I couldn’t find a pillow that was similar. I like firm, flat pillows but everything I tried was soft and mushy. My mom used to threaten to come in my house and take my pillow to burn it because I always had terrible allergies that I’m sure were directly related to my elderly pillow!! But after I got my memory foam pillow, I was finally convinced that I could give up my “security” pillow....

Anyway, I’d love to try one of those tempur-pedic beds, too. Either that or one of those sleep number beds because my preference for a soft or firm mattress can change on a day-to-day basis depending on how stressful it had been. But, unfortunately, I don’t have $3000USD to spend on a memory foam bed OR a sleep number bed...maybe I’ll be ordering one of those mattress toppers for myself sometime in the near future! I mean, if the memory foam pillow was so amazing for my head and neck, I can’t imagine how good my whole body would feel....
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine has a tempurpedic mattress and says that it's great for sleeping, but terrible for sex. She recommends the tempurpedic mattress topper instead. I've bought them for my kids, who both love them. I want one for myself, too, but my husband is resistant (he prefers to sleep on a 2 by 4 . . . ).

Food for thought!

-Julie
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I had one of those pillows and it also had norstar magnets in it for extra healing power. They dont fit in normal pillowcase and frankly it was a waste of alot of money. I wouldnt waste money on a foam mattrass, I have a luxury featherbed frm QVC and its divine. Couldn't go to bed without it on now Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
A feather mattress! Shock Shock Shock
You can still buy them? Are they heavy and expensive?

Re the tempur pedic pillows, is that shape for a side or back sleeper?

I'm gonna divorce guapaboy soon if he doesn't get his back sorted! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Its not a mattress guapagirl, its a mattress topper, inches thick, depending on which one you go for, and filled with feather and down.
Good old QVC comes up trumps with these. Ive even got my yong son one for his bed. We all deserve some comfort in bed. That said, I do suffer from sleep depravation and when that hits bad, no amount of featherbeds can comfort me Crying or Very sad
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I have the memory foam pillows and they are very comfortable. I'm going to order the memory foam mattress topper because I can't even sleep in our bed these days or I wake up with bad back pain. I'm just waiting to figure out the best way to get it down here. We're flying up to Florida next month so if it can be folded up and packed into a duffel I may bring one back with me.

I just ordered a special neck pillow that Winnie recommended last year. I have 2 herniated disks in my neck and I often wake up with numb arms and hands. Yuck. I'm hoping this pillow will help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
carekate,

That's so funny, I have the same pillow issue! Mine is actually 2 old, disgusting ones in the same pillowcase (they're so old and squashed they both fit! Laughing And only the opposite corners are the perfect thickness and firmness, so I have to switch my pillow as I switch sides. Ugh! I've tried a million different 'firm' pillows, but they're always too thick and my head is at a 45 degree angle. And the soft ones have no support. I'll have to try one of these in a store somewhere!
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
i just ordered a Canadian version of the memory foam mattress topper. I can't afford to replace my mattress so i invested about $600CAD in this mattress topper. It should arrive sometime this week. As a bonus for ordering in March, i'm also receiving two memory foam pillows shaped like traditional pillows.

i ordered from the website

MemoryfoamCanada.com

i sure hope they are comfortable because i have terrible chronic neck, back and leg pain and don't sleep very much....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
A friend of mine has a tempurpedic mattress and says that it's great for sleeping, but terrible for sex.

jhbuddy: is that because like in the demo's on tv, there is no bounce? Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I've been using memory foam pillow for about 7 years and love it. My neck pain relieved a lot. I bought the mattress topper 1 year ago and love it too. For those who suffer back pain as I do, put a pillow (preferred the memory foam one) inbetween your knees or inner thighs it'll relief lots of pressure for your back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
My hubby has a herniated disc in his neck and absolutely swears by his Tempur-pedic pillow - it goes everywhere with us! I've tried it too, but can't get used to the shape at all Confused . I think if you tend to sleep all curled up like I do, with an arm under your pillow, it is harder to adapt to as it almost forces you to lie straight - excellent for the spine though!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have the tempur-pedic mattress and pillows, I love it, had it for a few years now, I don't see how its bad for sex, one certainly doesnt "sink" into the bed.....its just a bit softer, nothing dramatic, but it def helps with the aches and pains...

Melissa
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
We got a memory foam topper and I think I read somewhere,make sure its 2 1/2 inches thick.Dont waste money on a skimmpy thin one.I love it.I cant find a memory pillow that is comfy,so feathers for me.
A good nights rest is so important.
Very Happy Sweet Dreams
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have a king size tempur-pedic. I sleep alone Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad so I have to remember to sleep on both sides of the bed...(one night I sleep on the right, the next I sleep on the left) otherwise, I feel like the bed remembers my position and I feel like I get a sink hole in that spot.

The bed is comfortable and I would buy it again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot speak for the bed, but the pillows are awesome.

My husband just LOVES his. Personally, I use a Therapeutica from Canda.. the shape is even wierder, but it has made my life livable again. I had a bad neck injury and spent every day in excruciating pain. After getting my therapeutica pillow life became wonderful. It fully 100% supports the neck whether sleeping on side or back. I would get a Tempur if they made the same shape as therapeutica though.

I have been thinking about getting a therapeutica topper too ....
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
fifi,
that's a good point, I didn't think about the arm thing. I sleep on my side curled up w/ my arm under the pillow. I don't know what I would do with my arm. Darn! I thought it might be my answer!
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I sleep on my side curled up w/ my arm under the pillow.

That was always my most comfortable position and I never had any luck sleeping on my back but now that my bad neck is making my arms go numb it's almost like my body knows it has to and I can sleep on my back most of the night. We have to do our snuggling and spooning first and then I straighten out and go to sleep.

The mattress topper I'm looking at is 3 inches thick, Therapedic from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $400. I'll have to cut it to fit the crazy shaped bunk and then have custom fitted sheets made to go over it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |