Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Pressed Powder (WITH a nice, functional Puff)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LindaJane
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm got a lancome powder foundation that I love...a loose powder. But would love to get a nice Pressed powder. Something that comes with a nice applicator. I see some cheap things now...my mom's old pressed powders all came with soft applicators. Something finely milled.
I"m thinking chanel, lancome, t. leClerc.?..I've got fair skin.
Suggestions?
Thanks!
CrystalCandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I love MAC Studio Careblend, it's finely milled and it gives such a lovely glow to my face, very subtle.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Im not a fan of powders anymore but the ones I have liked in the past is lancome poudre majeure (sp) but its not a pressed powder but worth mentioning.Its so finely milled. The chanel vitalumiere aqua is a nice pressed powder but theres no lovely puff that comes with it. Jane iredale does nice pressed powders too if you want to go mineral foundation route. Those 3 are my faves.

Ive tried others but none that great like Laura mercier (nice powder too but that was a loose one.) YSL was aweful on my skin didnt like it. Ive stopped wearing pressed powders since they seem to accentuate my age...;)so Ive stopped buying them. Im sure others have tried some good ones too.

Oh yeah Ive heard the mac mineralize is nice but Im not sure if its a pressed or loose powder??
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
A second vote for Jane Iredale, but I would order a separate flocked sponge - it works well with the pressed.

Very natural looking.

bfg
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have the T LeClerc pressed powder in Ivory and a loose powder in Parme. The pressed powder is great. Doesn't cake, does on lightly and makes complexion look more even. I know some people don't like the puff (it's more like a pad) that comes with it but I've had no problem with it.
CrystalCandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:

Ive tried others but none that great like Laura mercier (nice powder too but that was a loose one.) YSL was aweful on my skin didnt like it. Ive stopped wearing pressed powders since they seem to accentuate my age...;)so Ive stopped buying them. Im sure others have tried some good ones too.

Oh yeah Ive heard the mac mineralize is nice but I'm not sure if its a pressed or loose powder??

I tried it, but my skin is oilier with that powder, it was a mess. The Careblend powder is much better, and it comes with a puff. The mineralize powder is pressed, I think there is still a loose version available too, not sure if it's been discontinued.

Oh and I love the Laura Mercier loose powder too! Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I hardly use pressed powders. I usually just blot.

I do have a couple of drugstore ones. I prefer to use a synthetic retractable brush. Mine is from Ecotools. This helps the powder go on smoother.

It looks like this:

http://www.ecotools.com/shop-collection/cosmetic-accessories/face-tools/recycled-retractable-kabuki

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
You dont have to use the puff they come with. My favorite is the Japanese makeup sponges. MAC ones are from Japan and they work great. I also like the Shiseido ones too. I like to use a flat latex sponge as it goes around curves better.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another vote for Jane Iredale's pressed powder SPF 20, though I apply with a brush. The ivory shade is a rare find for super-fair skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love Cle de Pea and it is hard to find a cheaper version. Chantecaille is nice also, but Cle de Peau is better. The puffs are good.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |