Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need affordable, all natural, oil-free serum for tightening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ocean
5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I've been looking for an AFFORDABLE all natural serum with no oils or no Vit. E to tighten my larger pores around my nose and lower cheeks area. Has to be all natural and my skin breaks out with any oils or vit. E, no creams or lotions, just gels or serums will work for my acne skin.

Any ideas? Most things that claim to be all natural usually have some propylene glycol or something.

Also anything all natural that will mattify my skin that is a light-weight gel or serum would be great.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
can't think of one at the moment...I'll keep it in mind tho...sorry
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think that what you can do (or should do) to treat the pores will depend on what you are doing to treat the acne.....From what I understand, it is essential for the oil from an acne skin to surface -- and that topically trying to "tighten" the appearance of the skin/pores without properly treating the condition can result in disaster! From what I understand, if the skin is dehydrated, the skin "thinks" it needs oil and overproduces....resulting, in some cases, Smile in breakouts that are sensitive and painful Shock I can imagine that this would be a nightmare for an acne skin! I'd be really careful about experimenting - and probably just see a dermatologist....whatever you choose - good luck!
Mabsy

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Pudoodles. This may not apply to all people but it sure does apply to many. Let's think about this logically. Why are pores big generally? Because they fill up with gunk. If that is the case then it doesn't make much sense to try to tighten then from the surface - you should try to clean them out and they will automatically appear smaller.

When I started using my Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream I saw a dramatic improvement in about two weeks (and I'm not the only one). This is a gentle deep cleansing cleanser that is supposed to be used on a daily basis to keep the pores free of gunk and therefore looking small. While I can appreciate that the above may not be the case for all people, it certainly is worth a try. I'm pretty sure that the Dr H Cleansing Cream has some oils in it (it's a natural product though) so if you know for a fact that your skin cannot handle this then it's not for you. However, I would suggest that you try to find something similar that can be used on a daily basis and helps to clean the pores out and see if that works for you.

That's my two cents, sorry I can't think of any products that fit the criteria you described. Let's hope someone else will come up with something Smile
lucy2
5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I love Living Nature's Hydrating and Vitalising Toning Gel - about $25 for a big 5oz bottle. All natural (really) but not totally oil-free. I have combo skin and have had no problem with the natural oils it contains. It immediately smooths and tightens skin when I put it on and it has manuka honey as a main ingredient which has anti-bacterial properties. It's really a great product.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
While I'd still just see a derm first (if you already haven't) it should probably be pointed out that there are oil-based products out there developed specifically to treat oily skin...I am not familiar with most of them but I did have great results (way back...) with Clarins Lotus oil.....just a thought - good luck! Very Happy
Minx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
There is NOTHING I've ever found better for Acne / oily skin than Cellex-C High Potency serum. The bottle lasts a loooooooong time, so it's actually quite affordable ( I use about 5 drops a day). I've been using the same 30 ml bottle since Halloween/early Nov.

GOOD LUCK!
Minx
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |