Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where to purchase natural oils & what to start with?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lizzip85
5% products discount

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I am 26 years old, I have always tried to take the best care of my skin however, I'm at my wits end! I have oily/dry skin, and my biggest concern is my blackheads that I can't seem to get rid of. I am trying to switch my skincare to more natural products. I have been using Argan oil for moisturizer which I love. My question is, where can I buy the best natural oils for my skin? I am wanting to buy rose oil, & grapeseed oil.
Can anyone suggest? Thanks!!!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
What products are you using to cleanse and exfoliate at present? What is your diet and lifestyle like?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was in your boat. Dry, tight skin, with redness and flaking under lips. Blackheads on nose. Argan oil is apparently considered comedogenic due to its high oleic acid content (according to the Beauty Brains).

I started OCM. I've had great results with about half/half castor/grapeseed oil. My red patch is gone. It's a great natural method. Really cheap. Your skin may purge, so consider that.

As for buying oils, that would depend on where you live. If you're in the States, Garden of Wisdom has a good selection, plus most of them are available in 1 oz sizes so you can see what works best for you without shelling out a lot of money. If you're in Canada, try health food stores. New Directions Aromatics charges $14 for delivery and most of their carrier oils come in half litre sizes.
lizzip85
5% products discount

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
I am currently using a Glycolic cleanser from makeup artists choice, (Not MAC) after I use a toner that's suppose to help my pores-also from the same website. It has Sepicontrol, & tea tree oil in it. I know both the toner & cleanser have additional ingredients in them. I then moisturize with Argan oil which I love as a moisturizer!
I very recently tried castor oil with OVOO after hearing good things about it & reading about OCM on here. It did not irritate my skin, seemed to work well-although I read some people's posts about seeing plugs come out which unfortunately I did not experience. I thought I would introduce this OCM process maybe 1-2X per week?
In the last year or so I have been doing chemical peels which has really helped my oily skin/clogged pores/general look of my skin, however it seems my skin automatically reverts back. I think it's my daily skincare that needs to be improved.

My diet is generally healthy, I eat mostly lean meats/veggies (mostly low carb/glycemic diet) and try to keep my protein level up. I definitely struggle with drinking enough water. I exercise regularly,3-4 times a week is my goal. I don't smoke. I drink socially which is usually about once a month.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think OCM may help balance your skin. The toner may dry you out, which ends in more oil production. Can you post the ingredients? Does it contain alcohol?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
lizzip85 wrote:
Hello!
I am currently using a Glycolic cleanser from makeup artists choice, (Not MAC) after I use a toner that's suppose to help my pores-also from the same website. It has Sepicontrol, & tea tree oil in it. I know both the toner & cleanser have additional ingredients in them. I then moisturize with Argan oil which I love as a moisturizer!
I very recently tried castor oil with OVOO after hearing good things about it & reading about OCM on here. It did not irritate my skin, seemed to work well-although I read some people's posts about seeing plugs come out which unfortunately I did not experience. I thought I would introduce this OCM process maybe 1-2X per week?
In the last year or so I have been doing chemical peels which has really helped my oily skin/clogged pores/general look of my skin, however it seems my skin automatically reverts back. I think it's my daily skincare that needs to be improved.

My diet is generally healthy, I eat mostly lean meats/veggies (mostly low carb/glycemic diet) and try to keep my protein level up. I definitely struggle with drinking enough water. I exercise regularly,3-4 times a week is my goal. I don't smoke. I drink socially which is usually about once a month.

I wonder if chronic dehydration is causing or contributing to your congested pores and excess sebum production? I note you are using an occlusive (oil) but no humectants, plus both your cleanser and toner contain ingredients which can be very drying. Diet wise carbohydrates help maintain hydration - 1g of glycogen holds 3g of water. Add in regular exercise and not drinking enough fluids ... How many portions of fruit and veg do you average each day? Are you getting plenty of essential fatty acids, especially long chain omega-3s?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |