Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

upper eye lid lift
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
heather051

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I am new to this site,I am 50 and my upper eyelids are drooping I don't want plastic surgery is there anything on the market that will help lift the eyelid
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Heather to EDS wave ,
My father has drooping eye lids and refuses to have surgery even though his insurance would pay for it. I ordered a product called Erase and it did work for his eyes. This product is actually for the entire face and neck but he just used it on his upper eye lids. There are many products out there for under eye lift but this is the only thing I have found that worked on his upper lids. There might be others on the forum that have tried this and can share their experience. http://www.amazingfaceliftcream.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - if this works as amazingly as it does in the promotional video, wouldn't this product be a better option than EES?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:10 am      Reply with quote
heather051 wrote:
Hi I am new to this site,I am 50 and my upper eyelids are drooping I don't want plastic surgery is there anything on the market that will help lift the eyelid

No creams will lift the lid. Possibly a non-invasive treatment like Thermage or Ulthera can help but wont provide surgical results.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Toby - if this works as amazingly as it does in the promotional video, wouldn't this product be a better option than EES?

This is a temporary fix...like egg white mask only it is wearable with mineral makeup.The product does a great job of tightening the skin as long as it is applied to dry skin. Once moisture is under or over it the tucking action dissipates. So for an under eye product it wouldn’t work for me. Also you need to wear a mineral type foundation over it, liquid ruins the tucking action...but for the upper eye lids and neck it could really offer some possibilities. Also if you wear mineral makeup it would work .

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's a pretty spectacular promotional video!!

I would like to have seen her smile though, to see if it crinkles?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:57 am      Reply with quote
heather051 wrote:

Are you looking for a temporary or long term solution? For temporary you might try the sort of product that Toby recommended or Asian double eyelid tape. The tape is expensive when marketed specifically for caucasian ageing, so it is worth buying cheap stuff from eBay to practice placement technique!! Not recommending this particular brand, just helpful for photos
http://www.eyemagic.net/pics.htm

Longer term AFAIK your options are limited. You might try face exercises to lift from the eyebrows or microneedling: apparently you can roll over the bony area whilst you raise your brows, but NOT over the crease or eyeball itself. I have not tried this and strongly recommend you research the risks. From my own research TBH I came to the conclusion the most effective solution was upper blepharoplasty, done with local anaesthetic in under an hour which makes it not unlike a dental procedure. I know that is not what you want to hear but ... Confused

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Depending on your face, you could get filler or fat injections on or above the brow bone. I think they also sometimes suck out the fat from above the lid and position it up higher where it was originally.

The current fashion in eye surgery is to reposition fat, not remove it, because a hollow eye looks older. I was considering having fat injections on my upper lids but because I have rather small eyes, showing a lot of lid with hollow eyes, actually makes my eyes look bigger. I was afraid fat would make them look piggy.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Depending on your face, you could get filler or fat injections on or above the brow bone. I think they also sometimes suck out the fat from above the lid and position it up higher where it was originally.

The current fashion in eye surgery is to reposition fat, not remove it, because a hollow eye looks older. I was considering having fat injections on my upper lids but because I have rather small eyes, showing a lot of lid with hollow eyes, actually makes my eyes look bigger. I was afraid fat would make them look piggy.

I don't see how that would help hooded lids. Hooded lids are due to loose skin that falls over the upper lashes, sometimes obscuring vision (there is no fat there). The only way to get rid of it is to have it removed surgically. I posted before and after pictures of my upper and lower bleph on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=44150

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
No creams will lift the lid. Possibly a non-invasive treatment like Thermage or Ulthera can help but wont provide surgical results.

GirlieGirl face exercise can and do give permanent results similar to surgery and I'm living proof of that.

heather051 wrote:

Hi healther051:

I was able to give myself an eyelift in about ten years of face exercises. I must say I did start when I was young (20) and while I wasn't trying to change my eyes, nor did I know droopy eyes were something not to like, but was doing face exercises just so I could keep the tone of my face for as long as possible, I was able to go from having eyelids that were covered by skin hanging over them to eyelids that are completely exposed. And the change has been permanent. No surgery, just face exercises. I will share photos in a bit.

While I believe the exercise that was most effective in this is Eva Fraser's upper eyelid exercise (described and demonstrated by the diagram on this page), I believe that facial muscles are interconnected so you do need to work all of them to get balanced results. I was doing Eva's full exercise program when the change happened. And it was so gradual that I didn't even see it happen and only realized that it had occurred when I read on Flex Effect website something about face exercises lifting the eyes so eye makeup does not look like Morse Code. I then wondered if my eyes had been affected and discovered that my eyes were indeed different from how they were when I was 20. (Hooded upper eyelids runs in my family, so that's where I got mine from. But I no longer have our family eyes and it's all due to face exercises.)

My Dad's eyes:
My Mom's eyes:

My sister's eyes when she was twenty:

My eyes when I was twenty:

My eyes when I was two:

My eyes nowadays, thanks to face exercises:

I'm in my 40's now and I took the photos below at the spur of the moment during a discussion I was engaged in and at the end of a long work day, trying to take the pics from different angles so there'd be no question about perspective. (I was really taking the photos below with focus on the under eye area--which got puffy when I did a program that didn't agree with me but has since been smoothed out thanks to the program I currently do (CFF). Nevertheless, you can see that the change face exercises brought to my upper eyelids is now my norm.)

When I used to do Eva's upper eyelid exercise, I used to think my eyes would look pretty albeit briefly and never realized that that temporary effect would one day be permanent. And is seems that's how face exercises work: Initially the results seem to last for only seconds, then only minutes but the more you do the exercises, the longer the changes they bring last and eventually they become your norm. Wink

You can see the same change in Cecilia's eyes, albeit not as drastic as mine. But she'd only done face exercises for a couple of months IIRC when the after photo was taken.

Another example is Amy whose photos were posted on Tom's forum. You can see she too used to have hooded eyelids but not anymore.

And if seeing younger face is discouraging, maybe this face will encourage you. Carolyn Cleaves didn't start face exercises until she was in her 50's and she too had hooded eyelids as you can see in her before/after photos here. And you can see what she looks like NOW in her latest video.

So don't despair heather051. Just make face exercises part of your lifestyle without expecting results overnight and you'll see how the Curious Case of Benjamin Button may just become the story of your life a few years from now. Wink
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I always had rather puffy eyelids until I was in my mid-thirties and my entire face leaned out, giving me brow bones, hollower eyes and cheekbones.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
heather051 wrote:

Are you looking for a temporary or long term solution? For temporary you might try the sort of product that Toby recommended or Asian double eyelid tape. The tape is expensive when marketed specifically for caucasian ageing, so it is worth buying cheap stuff from eBay to practice placement technique!! Not recommending this particular brand, just helpful for photos
http://www.eyemagic.net/pics.htm

Longer term AFAIK your options are limited. You might try face exercises to lift from the eyebrows or microneedling: apparently you can roll over the bony area whilst you raise your brows, but NOT over the crease or eyeball itself. I have not tried this and strongly recommend you research the risks. From my own research TBH I came to the conclusion the most effective solution was upper blepharoplasty, done with local anaesthetic in under an hour which makes it not unlike a dental procedure. I know that is not what you want to hear but ... Confused

I will try some of the eye tape- sounds very interesting.
Do you know if it stays on well if you are in humid weather or sweaty?

maybe I will just use it for pictures- that would be great for me.

I am def not against eye surgery, just not up to getting any more eyelid surgery at the moment.

Also if you do get eyelid surgery, the results can eventually go away....that happened to me, even though I saw the best qualified surgeon who only does eye surgeries and nothing else and has a 1 or 2 year waiting list now and practices out of a hospital...

Anyways, good luck!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I will try some of the eye tape- sounds very interesting.
Do you know if it stays on well if you are in humid weather or sweaty?

maybe I will just use it for pictures- that would be great for me.

I am def not against eye surgery, just not up to getting any more eyelid surgery at the moment.

Also if you do get eyelid surgery, the results can eventually go away....that happened to me, even though I saw the best qualified surgeon who only does eye surgeries and nothing else and has a 1 or 2 year waiting list now and practices out of a hospital...

Anyways, good luck!

I don't think anything is permanent, we will still continue to age unless we start with an aggressive skincare/ diet/ exercise regime. Crying or Very sad Suspect I will need surgery eventually, my eyelids are naturally hooded with fatty tissue, my boney orbits seem small (I have a small skull too). But I'm starting to notice lack of elasticity in the eye skin which I hope I can address with topicals and Lightstim ...

I don't think the tape will stay on through sweat or high humidity, they are somewhat sticky but cannot be super sticky or you'd be damaging the skin ripping them off at the end of the day. Shock Plus you have to apply them to bare skin, no creams or make up so it means some adjustments. As you say they are best for photos and special occasions. Be sure to purchase glued on one side only and made of super thin plastic-y tape.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I have found that simple eye exercises for the upper lid do a nice job on my eyes. Thanks Nonie aka AD for your post, it reminded me what has kept my eyes looking good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have found that simple eye exercises for the upper lid do a nice job on my eyes. Thanks Nonie aka AD for your post, it reminded me what has kept my eyes looking good!

Very Happy You're welcome, and you do have beautiful eyes indeed! It's a shame that this is a secret so few know about and even fewer seem to believe in. Yet those of us who know the truth in how well exercises work in this department not only have the results to show for it, but don't have to constantly worry about our eyes. It's like the gift that keeps on giving.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:22 am      Reply with quote
You can achieve an eyelid lift through Botox/Dysport.

Certain injectors know how to place it strategically, ask around.

Pricing for these treatments has come way down.

I think you could get at least 3-4 months out of it, longer if you get repeat treatments, but then that would approach the cost of an eyelid lift itself, which is one of the cheapest, easiest surgeries.

bfg
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

I think you could get at least 3-4 months out of it, longer if you get repeat treatments, but then that would approach the cost of an eyelid lift itself, which is one of the cheapest, easiest surgeries.

bfg

Hi BFG, is the Botox eyelid lift that you mention can give distinct from the eyebrow lift method please?

Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I do not understand your question the way it is phrased...please clarify.

I will say that the Botox eyelid life works. Mine cost me about $150 and lasted about 4 months.

bfg
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Sorry! I mean is the Botox injected somewhere in the forehead area, such that the eyebrow position is lifted? Not doubting it's efficacy, just that would not be right for me as I have too much excess skin. But perhaps the technique you had is different, somehow leaves the eyebrows in position?

Thanks!

EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

I will say that the Botox eyelid life works. Mine cost me about $150 and lasted about 4 months.

bfg

Is what you're referring to the same as the Botox "brow lift", which is an injection made above the brow that lifts the outside of the brow...and when the outer eyebrow is lifed, it also slightly lifts the outer part of the eyelid. Or, is this a different injection technique that only affects the eyelid?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

bfg

Is what you're referring to the same as the Botox "brow lift", which is an injection made above the brow that lifts the outside of the brow...and when the outer eyebrow is lifed, it also slightly lifts the outer part of the eyelid. Or, is this a different injection technique that only affects the eyelid?

EthelM it does sound like that is what she's talking about: http://www.rejuvederm.co.uk/

But I still reckon, face exercises are a cheaper and more effective way to go w/o the side-effects of Botox like muscle atrophy and dependency. These are more photos showing a natural eyelift from face exercises within as short a time as just a few months, but the longer you keep at it, the more permanent the results:

Carolyn's eyes in 1997 (in her fifties):

Carolyn's eyes in 2000 (in her sixties):

Another success story:

Maria's eyes in July 2008:

Maria's eyes a few months later, October 2008:

Yet another success story:

Diana's eyes in November 2010:

Diana's eyes 4.5 months later in March 2011:

And yet another:

Cecilia's improvement in just a couple of months:

Jacqui's eyes before face exercises:

Jacqui's eyes after only 2 weeks of face exercises:

While the following pic isn't really clear because the focus was on hair (Tom's scalp exercise can help with hair loss) it shows Tom when he was 19:

Now in his 70's his brow is nicely lifted so his eyes are open and nicely exposed:
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
EthelM wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

bfg

EthelM it does sound like that is what she's talking about: http://www.rejuvederm.co.uk/

But I still reckon, face exercises are a cheaper and more effective way to go w/o the side-effects of Botox like muscle atrophy and dependency. These are more photos showing a natural eyelift from face exercises within as short a time as just a few months, but the longer you keep at it, the more permanent the results:

Another success story:

And yet another:

While the following pic isn't really clear because the focus was on hair (Tom's scalp exercise can help with hair loss) it shows Tom when he was 19:

Now in his 70's his brow is nicely lifted so his eyes are open and nicely exposed:
I have to be honest. I don't see much, if any, improvement in these before and after facial exercise photos. What I do see are the after photos taken at slightly different angles and in very slightly different lighting, which actually makes a big difference when photographing something as subtle as an eyelid.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

bfg

Eyelid surgery might be cheap...but not really a "easy" surgery.
Well at least not in my oppinion.

They slice your eyelid open, fix stuff and you walk around looking and feeling like you were punched in the face for 8-12 weeks and are not allowed to wear makeup or contact lenses !

And usually they use just local freezing and you are awake for everything.

Going to the dentist is much easier than any eyelid surgery.

Not saying not to do it, as I plan to again- just not really a "easy thing" ...which is why I am putting it off for now.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
EthelM wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

bfg

Another success story:

And yet another:

I have to be honest. I don't see much, if any, improvement in these before and after facial exercise photos. What I do see are the after photos taken at slightly different angles and in very slightly different lighting, which actually makes a big difference when photographing something as subtle as an eyelid.

Really? You don't see more of the upper eyelid being exposed when it previously wasn't? Maybe not so much in Tom's eyes, but in all the others, the skin that was drooping over the eyes is clearly lifted. I mean, to get what I have took years...and the lift I have has lasted for years--longer than any surgery or Botox can.

Do you see it in the Asian eyes in these before after photos?
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

bfg

Eyelid surgery might be cheap...but not really a "easy" surgery.
Well at least not in my oppinion.

They slice your eyelid open, fix stuff and you walk around looking and feeling like you were punched in the face for 8-12 weeks and are not allowed to wear makeup or contact lenses !

And usually they use just local freezing and you are awake for everything.

Going to the dentist is much easier than any eyelid surgery.

Not saying not to do it, as I plan to again- just not really a "easy thing" ...which is why I am putting it off for now.

Actually, the upper bleph really is an easy surgery. The lower bleph, where fat pads are removed, isn't quite as easy due to increased swelling and bruising---it a more involved procedure than an upper belph. With an upper bleph, many PS will offer the choice between local anesthetics and "twilight" sedation (which is less expensive) or general anesthesia. The procedure removes a thin slice of skin, and either sutures or butterfly bandaging is used to secure the incision (depending on severity of the excision and whether or not any adipose tissue is also removed). Recovery is usually 2 weeks, tops, and seldom is there much bruising. The upper eye skin remains a tad red, with slight swelling, for about a week, and then all subsides fairly quickly. It truly is an easy procedure particularly if one doesn't have any excess fatty tissue removed with the slack skin. Granted, removal of fatty tissue can increase the swelling and bruising, but honestly, only a little when in an upper bleph.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |