Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I've fallen for La Mer. Any deals or extras to be had?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LOLAHEARTS

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, this is my first post EVER on EDS (I've come out out from lurking in the shadows and just reading everyone's posts Razz ). I couldn't not comment on this!

I got my La Mer Moisturizing Gel for $40 less than its original price because I opened a Bloomingdale's credit card. I don't know if this is true for all Bloomingdale's but over here when you open a card you get 15% off of EVERYTHING in the store (including all makeup)on the day you opened it and the day after.

And trust me, it has been the best purchase I have ever made for my face. If anything it is saving me money because of all the wasteful products I don't have to buy anymore!
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I was browsing through La Mer's website and saw that for a 2oz, it's now $265 instead of $230. So sad Sad
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hello LOLAHEARTS......welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you like La Mer. I feel they have some very good products. Expensive, but I get results and that's what is important.

La Mer offers some very generous samples of their products. I always try them before purchasing a regular size. I've fallen in love with the eye creams, the concentrate and the regenerating serum because of using the samples first. I don't spend on other products now and that saves me money in the end.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
syndi222 wrote:
I was browsing through La Mer's website and saw that for a 2oz, it's now $265 instead of $230. So sad Sad

I was at LAX Duty Free shop on 01/11/2012. They told me price would go up on 01/15/2012. I should have bought the Concentrate. Sad Sad Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
syndi222 wrote:

I was at LAX Duty Free shop on 01/11/2012. They told me price would go up on 01/15/2012. I should have bought the Concentrate. Sad Sad Sad

That sucks! But honestly, if the SA were to tell me that La Mer's prices will go up, I would NOT expect a $35 jump!
Do you know how much they jacked up their prices for the Concentrate?
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Have you looked at sites like strawberrynet? I've bought from them and had no problem with my products to date. My sister was getting La Mer from the Harrods online store in the UK (we are in Australia).
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:16 am      Reply with quote
The Concentrate was $270 for the small 1oz bottle before Christmas, and it is $275 now. The larger bottle didn't change. Thank goodness a tiny amount of that goes a long way and isn't necessary every day.

Shock

Still... I noticed Sisley has a cream that is $475 for 1.7 ounces, so the Creme de La Mer looks like a bargain in comparison.

Did anyone else get an email invitation to receive a free sample of a new La Mer body lotion? I got one this morning but when I called the number she said I "wasn't on the list". Crying or Very sad She said they'd still send it though, and are going to look into why I got an invite but wasn't on the list. It'd be nice to know if that happened to someone else and it's a tech issue, otherwise I'm going to get an inferiority complex, lol!
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
peppy wrote:
Have you looked at sites like strawberrynet? I've bought from them and had no problem with my products to date. My sister was getting La Mer from the Harrods online store in the UK (we are in Australia).

Interesting you mentioned Strawberrynet and La Mer. I bought La Mer from them before and their La Mer's are not authentic. I've used La Mer for many years so it was very easy for me to tell the difference between a real La Mer product from Strawberrynet's La Mer product. When I contacted them about the issue, they did not hesitate in refunding my money (and it was not a low sum).
That said, not all Strawberrynet's products are fake, but I'm pretty sure their La Mer's are all fake. Shop with care!
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
That's too bad that your products weren't authentic. I've purchased from them many times including SKII, Clarins, La Prarie and they were all the real thing. But I haven't tried La Mer from them.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
peppy wrote:
That's too bad that your products weren't authentic. I've purchased from them many times including SKII, Clarins, La Prarie and they were all the real thing. But I haven't tried La Mer from them.

The SKII stuff -- at least the one I order -- is real (or maybe that I just can't tell if it's real or not) but their La Mer stuff is not real.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
I've found that using Mama Leone paste tomatoes (Baker Creek Heirloom seeds has them) gave me the right tomato flavor (Amish is more bitter, Roma is very sweet and not as tomato-y, and Gilbertie is a bold tomato but just a tad less sweet than Mama Leone).

There's a legend that they were smuggled into the US eons ago by an Italian immigrant because they were just that good. I don't know if that's true but when I did taste tests on tomatoes I grew, it blew me away. I tried it out on a few other people and got the same reaction. I never see them offered as plants so have to start them from seed (you can see where the patience fits in now).

I cook it down in an enameled cast iron pot, use wooden spoons and it's stored in glass jars since I noticed she sold hers in glass jars and I've found metal gives a subtle "twang" to the sauce which I dislike). Some restaurants have sauce at almost a paste consistency, but hers was definitely a smooth sauce. Not thin, but not thick.

Mid-July to mid-August tomatoes have the best flavor so I use those for the spaghetti sauce. The early and late ones also make sauce but I separate them and use them for soups or something where I'm adding seasonings.

If you have access to different paste tomatoes, try doing a taste-test. It's amazing how they differ.

Stardustgirl... YOU ARE SO RIGHT! The RECIPE matters. I don't care what anyone says.

And I'm going to order some of those seeds.

I'm married to a chef, and finally realized it's the same in the world of cosemetics and supplements, and EVERYTHING, the recipe and HOW you assemble it matters.

I KNOW, I can stand right next to my husband with the same exact ingredients, and directions, and his food will turn out WAY better than mine. NO ONE can knock out a cookie like this man. I have moms and teachers bugging me all the time for his cookies now that they've made it to classrooms. Funny! In fact he took our family recipe for sauce and upped the annie so high it's just stupid! But then he's a pro. I'm just "playing".

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

I'm married to a chef, and finally realized it's the same in the world of cosemetics and supplements, and EVERYTHING, the recipe and HOW you assemble it matters.

Lucky you! If you grow different tomatoes, I'll bet he can really find ways to use each kind to showcase their strengths. Have fun experimenting!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Lucky you! If you grow different tomatoes, I'll bet he can really find ways to use each kind to showcase their strengths. Have fun experimenting!

The most tomatoe plants we had at one time was 20. It was a bit overkill. But OMG! I was eating salsa and sauce for a LONG TIME! We basically grow salad and salsa! I'm over on the seed site right now... I'll have to stay in control... Good luck!

5% products discount

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I buy la mer at Bergdorfgoodman beauty event. Spend 1000 get 200 off. And you can get a GWP.the best deal for me
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Does la mer contain perfumed ingredients in it? I cannot seem to use products with perfumed ingredients, does it have a strong smell to it?

I want to try La Mer, does anyone know where I could get a sample?? Can I go into a Bloomingdale's or some store and ask for a sample?

Also, this may sound silly but I thought I read somewhere that Nivea Creme and La Mer are almost identical but La Mer has sea algae or something like that and Nivea doesn't. Would using Nivea Creme deliver similar results?
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
pokerlady888 wrote:
Does la mer contain perfumed ingredients in it? I cannot seem to use products with perfumed ingredients, does it have a strong smell to it?

I want to try La Mer, does anyone know where I could get a sample?? Can I go into a Bloomingdale's or some store and ask for a sample?

Also, this may sound silly but I thought I read somewhere that Nivea Creme and La Mer are almost identical but La Mer has sea algae or something like that and Nivea doesn't. Would using Nivea Creme deliver similar results?

The EDS *search* function works well.

Here's one good read for you to get you started >
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49503
loveaviva
5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I love Creme de la Mer ,but it is Expensive,not lovely.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
CDLM is unscented so you don't have to worry about a strong perfumed scent.

CDLM is not identical to the Nivea sold in America. You will not get the same results.

I have always found the department stores were always very generous in giving out samples of La Mer products. Just ask for them. La Mer is an expensive cream. You shouldn't have to buy it before trying a sample.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you leeleedeedee your response was immensely helpfuly. Do you think a Nordstrom would give a sample? I'm not sure what store to stop into for a sample for La Mer. Thanks for the clarification on La Mer and Nivea too.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:15 am      Reply with quote
[quote="leeleedeedee"]CDLM is unscented so you don't have to worry about a strong perfumed scent.

CDLM is not identical to the Nivea sold in America. You will not get the same results.

I have always found the department stores were always very generous in giving out samples of La Mer products. Just ask for them. La Mer is an expensive cream. You shouldn't have to buy it before trying a sample.[/quote]

Thank you leeleedeedee your response was immensely helpful. Do you think a Nordstrom would give a sample? I'm not sure what store to stop into for a sample of La Mer. Thanks for the clarification on La Mer and Nivea too. I'm glad to hear it is unscented!! I hate smelling perfumey anything going up my nose, it gives me a headache and I don't believe perfume is too good for the skin.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:49 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Pokerlady888....any large department store that sells La Mer products will have generous samples to offer you. Yes, Nordstrom would be a good choice.
lbrhiannon

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi~Has anyone gotten an EIN # to puchase products at wholesale? Just call the IRS (# below) and they'll give it to you right then and there. I lost my # and had to call again & they'll give it to you after a few questions. I DO sell online, about 8 sites after being thrown off Ebay (again) but THIS time, woe is me, I "forgot to close a case". You'd think I killed someone. I'd been there 19 years and I forgot to close a case. Schmucks.

Anyway, today I applied to a high end make up company to buy items and I'm in & they never asked for my EIN #. I'm sure the good stuff, Chanel & La Prairie, Le Mer & the others would delve into your "store" but I may give it a shot. Samples if they sell them would be great, as I am NOT spending the $ on a few items. IRS's # is 800 289 4933 and you'll probably have it in a few minutes but they prob will ask question so have store name & do a sole with 2 people working w/ you. Good luck & if anyone's bought anything using their resale @, let me know & what stores/places are best. You're not doing anything illegal. You're reselling. OMG! I thought I'd erased this whole post! Ok. Let me know, folks!
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:12 am      Reply with quote
'm also using lamer. He does have a powerful repair function. Because my skin is basically a sensitive mixture of skin, red blood, skin is very thin, so very picky in the use of skin care products, as long as there are slightly irritating substances exist I am allergic to very serious.
In addition, I think the supporting use will double the effect.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad you found the product that works for you. To me, those who duped you are just envious.

You can tell a Lexus owner they are driving a Toyota, but he is NOT going to care. People who feel the need to "compare" are comparing UPWARD or up the chain, never the other way around.

I have never been happier with my skin now than ever before. If it costs me $xx, so be it.

Enjoy!

leeleedeedee wrote:
I am another believer in CDLM. I have been using it for close to 10 years now and like other CDLM lovers I also believe that it cannot be duplicated. I have tried and tried to find a cheaper version of this cream but have failed. There is nothing that comes close to CDLM.

La Mer is not a favorite cream on this forum. I have been heavily criticized by other posters on this forum for being duped by Estee Lauder into spending much money on the cheap ingredients used in CDLM. One poster actually said that I was buying into the "luxury effect" of CDLM. You know, like I'm an idiot because I'm buying an overly hyped, high end product. I am not a stupid person. I would not spend my hard earned money on a product that did not do anything for me. I don't know why some posters feel that have to be so insulting. I feel there is something special in the synergistic effect of the ingredients in CDLM that just makes it unequaled and unique. So, Estee Lauder is making money. To me, this is a good product.

Stardustgirl, you may want to check out
http://www.beautyencounter.com because you can purchase many different samples of La Mer products. That's what I have done in order to supplement my other La Mer products.

Hope this helps you!!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Amazon is the same as eBay. They are third party sellers and you never now where they get their stock from.

sister sweets wrote:
I knew Ebay was in question about legit sellers, but not Amazon. Confused Dang
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |