Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Babor Skinovage Purifying Cream (50 ml / 1.69 floz) RapidLash Eyelash & Eyebrow Enhancing Serum (3 ml / 0.1 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Face Trio Gift Set (coffret)
**warning to those who are considering face exercises**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Alpham

Wed May 30, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I understand what you are saying, but I find it extreme/inappropriate to bash a website/someone without even trying the service/product or contacting the person to know more.

Anyways, my intent is not to stretch that thread Smile I am happy with Cosse's offerings and I wanted to share.
Very Happy
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I get what your saying too, but you can understand why people would feel uneasy with trying such a program if its using bad advertising that has been linked to fillers etc. Do you have her email – could you email her and ask why she’s done that. I mean, I truly think it may even be something she’s unaware of (its possible!).
Alpham

Wed May 30, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok sure, I will contact her! I do not know her personally but I've been following her for a while, on FB, Youtube, Pinterest, etc, so I'll try. I will let you know the status Smile
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 am      Reply with quote
websites buy stock photos very often but stock photos must not be used to depict before n after results of the company's product! That's just plain wrong and totally unethical...
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the time to do this research and post those "other" pictures. I especially like the trannie one- like doing facial exercises will conceal your Adam's apple LOL. Now THAT is a stunning result!
Alpham

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Ok just a quick update: she says that problem has been brought to her attention a long time ago, her webmaster took that wrong initiative (instead of posting the pics she sent him). It has been taken care of since then and she would appreciate if that thread would let go.
Anyways, I do enjoy her programme, you should try it!
Bye all!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Alpham wrote:
Ok just a quick update: she says that problem has been brought to her attention a long time ago, her webmaster took that wrong initiative (instead of posting the pics she sent him). It has been taken care of since then and she would appreciate if that thread would let go.
Bye all!

The thread was let go months/weeks ago until you brought it up again!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Alpham wrote:
Bye all!

The thread was let go months/weeks ago until you brought it up again!

YEP! Laughing Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Alpham wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but I find it extreme/inappropriate to bash a website/someone without even trying the service/product or contacting the person to know more.

Anyways, my intent is not to stretch that thread Smile I am happy with Cosse's offerings and I wanted to share. Very Happy

Alpham wrote:
Bye all!

Alpham, I find it hard to believe that Cosse's website had been up and she herself didn't realize that the photos that were up were not of her clients...or never questioned why the ones she sent were not used. That's like someone opening a shop to sell one thing and then having no clue what it is that her shop sells. Laughing

If the new photos that are up now are the ones Cosse sent her webmaster (and I'm guessing they are otherwise the statement that the problem "has been taken care of" would not have been tossed out there), then she's no better than her webmaster. Because once again, she's used "stolen" photos from other websites that are promoting different products and has passed them off as being results from her program. Unbelievable!

Let's look at the photos on her before/after page we are being told have now fixed the problem with the previous photos.

First image shows results of ageLOC science. The model's name is Paula Ehrlich and her photos are on their results page:

https://www.nuskin.com/content/liveandlookyoung/en_NZ/before_after.html

Paula's photos are on every website that sells ageLOC so we can assume she truly is an ageLOC success story, not Cosse's.

More ageLOC sites:

http://www.howyouth.com/ageloc-transformation.html

http://mynubodyprogram.com/anti-aging.php

Second set of images I previously assumed were legit so Ms Cosse thought she had one over us and left them up (Tut tut!). Turns out that the pics are not even about face rejuvenation but rather an improved smile. The work of a Dr Perlin and his team at Smiles by Design. The model, Natalie Chenoweth actually writes a review by her photo:

http://www.smilesbydesignchicago.com/patient-stories/

Third set of photos are the results of Restalyne:

http://www.realself.com/photo/6279

http://www.sadriancosmeticsurgery.com/before-and-after-restylane-photos-page-1.html

http://www.skin-science.co.uk/Restylane.html#Before and after

Fourth set of photos belong to AltecMed and are their results. And Cosse clearly has no shame because she didn't even make an effort to find images without the AltecMed watermark. Laughing

http://www.altecmed.com.mx/accent-your-body/casos_cara.html

The fifth sets of photos are Thermage results:

http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/karlin-jan-46196.html

http://www.novacosmeticcenter.com/thermage-orlando.php

The sixth set of photos are probably the only photos that Cosse has that she can claim are from her program: her own. Problem is, I don't believe they are natural. Not when she's lied TWICE about results one gets with her program. Tut tut!

The seventh set of photos are results from Laser Skin Tightening aka Face Contouring. I wonder if Dr Ilan Karavani has any idea that Cosse is passing these off as her accomplishment:

http://www.almalasers.com/skin_tightening.jsp

http://dolcevitamedicalspasalon.com/medical-services/face-contouring/

The next 5 sets of photos of eyes are from Thermage again. or to be exact "radiofrequence thermage du visage":

http://www.centre-medical-esthetique-martinique.fr/resultats-en-image/radiofrequence-thermage-visage-martinique?show=gallery

The photos of the lady lying down or facing up as well as the guy's forehead show the results of Botox injections (Did you notice how Cosse tried to hide the word "Avant" with that oval blot on the photo of the lady on her website? Laughing)

http://beaute-toulouse-samalens.com/beaute-toulouse-methodes-medicales-efficaces/beaute-toulouse-injections-esthetique/beaute-toulouse-effacement-rides-injections.html

So, Alpham do you still think this was all just a misunderstading--considering that your update seems to be directly from Cosse herself and you said the problem was taken care of? Still think it was inappropriate to bash a website full of lies? That we should've instead have contacted the author. What good did your contacting her do? A crook is a crook is a crook. Contacting a crook to tell him/her we can see right through his/her lies just makes him/her try harder to be a better deceivers. What needs to be done is what this website suggests. Cossé should be ashamed of herself.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie! Long time! anyways how do you find all this stuff!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Hi daler *waves*...

..... Silenced

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. Razz

J/K

Google is a useful tool. Wink
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
daler wrote:

Hi daler *waves*... Silenced If I told you, I'd have to kill you. Razz J/K Google is a useful tool. Wink

LOL, alright, alright Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
daler wrote:

Hi daler *waves*...

..... Silenced

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. Razz

J/K

Google is a useful tool. Wink

LOL. Nonie, you really went the extra mile on this one! Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Just how boldly dishonest some people can be! Thank goodness that you are all alert enough to call attention enough to these scams.
Using photos that have been watermarked by another company!!! Hope she gets sued.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kudos to Nonie for such great research!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm shocked, and I don't consider myself a gullible person. Shock Just today on EDS I recommended this website for someone thinking of starting facial exercises. And I was convinced to give it a shot based on this site.

Now I'm on the fence again. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Don't worry, we've all been there and done it (I've got the t-shirt and by now its got several holes in it). You may want to forewarn who ever you advised to look at that site though. I don't know how legally she's allowed to get away with it but guess thats life!
alabamagirl wrote:
I'm shocked, and I don't consider myself a gullible person. Shock Just today on EDS I recommended this website for someone thinking of starting facial exercises. And I was convinced to give it a shot based on this site.

alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ThereseMarie.

I'm going to a bookstore today to browse some facial accupressure/exercise books. Amazon has a few but I like to visually see sample exercises tosee if I likeit.

I've been looking for exercises that don't use many "scrunching" movements. Still afraid it may be damaging.

Good idea on contacting the person. I thinkI mentioned it in the introductions thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Sure, understandable.

Re scrunching movements, you know what its easy to be scared and I started later than you (50's) and am now in my 60's plus and I have come to realise the scrunching movements are done against resistance and if it wasn't for them I don't know what my face would look like. Its nice to me to be able to see an exercise have a result straight away.
alabamagirl wrote:
Thanks ThereseMarie.

I'm going to a bookstore today to browse some facial accupressure/exercise books. Amazon has a few but I like to visually see sample exercises tosee if I likeit.

I've been looking for exercises that don't use many "scrunching" movements. Still afraid it may be damaging.

Good idea on contacting the person. I thinkI mentioned it in the introductions thread.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
alabamagirl wrote:

face exercises is not rocket science u know.... just pay attention to the changes in your face and if you dont like any, dont do exercises which pronounced that feature and do em less often... and pls dont believe in the " it gets ugly before better " thing as it's not the case when it comes to F exercises, IMO ... e.g. sometimes when I end up working my face a lil too much, I notice a sag the next day or so and I know I have to take a break and work out less the next time/s so my face muscles dont get this tired ... also, contrary to what most gurus say, I rather not take a risk.. I always make sure to minimize the wrinkling caused during the exercises by placing my fingers accordingly.. do one side of the face at a time if needed.... and work n face when it's nicely moisturized and not dry...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I think that face exercises are not rocket science, but you take time to learn what works for your face and what doesn’t. This is also one of the reasons I believe most of us who do them combine exercises from different programs.

As to the “uglier before it gets better thing” I’m in agreement with you a little, but then I think Loulou especially has explained why this happens and in my own experience over the programs I’ve done sometimes it is true that they may look worse before things get better immediately after you do them, so I’m not so sure its fair enough to say don’t believe it completely.

Do you have photos you could share?
daler wrote:
face exercises is not rocket science u know.... just pay attention to the changes in your face and if you dont like any, dont do exercises which pronounced that feature and do em less often... and pls dont believe in the " it gets ugly before better " thing as it's not the case when it comes to F exercises, IMO ... e.g. sometimes when I end up working my face a lil too much, I notice a sag the next day or so and I know I have to take a break and work out less the next time/s so my face muscles dont get this tired ... also, contrary to what most gurus say, I rather not take a risk.. I always make sure to minimize the wrinkling caused during the exercises by placing my fingers accordingly.. do one side of the face at a time if needed.... and work n face when it's nicely moisturized and not dry...
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary, sure she should learn what works for her and for that she needs to start doing face exercises and not be on the fence so I was just encouraging her....
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh ok wasn't sure but yep your right!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

daler wrote:

I think that face exercises are not rocket science, but you take time to learn what works for your face and what doesn�t. This is also one of the reasons I believe most of us who do them combine exercises from different programs.

As to the �uglier before it gets better thing� I�m in agreement with you a little, but then I think Loulou especially has explained why this happens and in my own experience over the programs I�ve done sometimes it is true that they may look worse before things get better immediately after you do them, so I�m not so sure its fair enough to say don�t believe it completely.

I don't see what's unfair for daler to say that SHE doesn't believe that one has to go through uglies. I don't believe it either and I have over 22 years of face exercises that did not involve uglies. 15 years with Eva Fraser and in my 7th year with CFF and no uglies from either program.

So I concur with daler that uglies are not a necessary preamble to getting good results. One can get good results without having to go through the "ugly" phase. Maybe it depends on the program one does, but I know two that don't involve uglies.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Nonie

Daler says “dont do exercises which pronounced that feature and do em less often... and pls dont believe in the " it gets ugly before better " thing as it's not the case when it comes to F exercises“ – now having had over 10 years worth of facial exercises and having started at a much older age than you are, I think its pretty important to reliterate what every program out there says which is to work all the muscle groups - not just ones you think is problematic. So to me, its easy to see how people would misinterpret that which is what I was addressing. Even Tom’s and Carolyn’s program which you follow aim to work all the muscle groups so I’m a little surprised by your comment but hey they are only the program originators and perhaps you and Daler know much better than them. For me, Carolyn started at the same age as me and its harder for us oldies, and it might indeed be easier for people much younger like yourself.

I also got to commend Loulou here big time because she was one of the first to properly address why you want to less frequently work out some muscle groups (although she still suggests to work them) with proper theory behind it.

However, with the uglies, I think that’s already been proven that’s only your experience. I’ve read both Tom’s forum, and here and have found that the programs you follow have given others uglies and less favourable results – and Eva Fraser’s program has had mixed reviews also. I started out with Eva’s stuff and met the lady and think she is fantastic, but I don’t think there is any one size fits all despite what you would try to have us believe.

Theresa

Nonie aka AD wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

daler wrote:

I think that face exercises are not rocket science, but you take time to learn what works for your face and what doesn�t. This is also one of the reasons I believe most of us who do them combine exercises from different programs.

As to the �uglier before it gets better thing� I�m in agreement with you a little, but then I think Loulou especially has explained why this happens and in my own experience over the programs I�ve done sometimes it is true that they may look worse before things get better immediately after you do them, so I�m not so sure its fair enough to say don�t believe it completely.

I don't see what's unfair for daler to say that SHE doesn't believe that one has to go through uglies. I don't believe it either and I have over 22 years of face exercises that did not involve uglies. 15 years with Eva Fraser and in my 7th year with CFF and no uglies from either program.

So I concur with daler that uglies are not a necessary preamble to getting good results. One can get good results without having to go through the "ugly" phase. Maybe it depends on the program one does, but I know two that don't involve uglies.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Star Light Retinol Night Oil (30 ml / 1 floz) RapidLash Eyelash & Eyebrow Enhancing Serum (3 ml / 0.1 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Face Trio Gift Set (coffret)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |