Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Existing Stretchmarks Treatment needed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lebowska

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any good experience with stretch mark removal creams or treatments? I've tried e-matrix in terms of lasers and bio oil so far with no success.
Please advise.
Thank you!
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Creams won't help. They may temporarily hydrate the area, and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, but they won't actually make them disappear.

Your best bet is dermarolling, skin needling. You injure the skin to induce collagen formation, which fills in the the stretch mark. Basically, it's regrowing the top layer of the skin. It's pretty painful, and time consuming, but it's really the only thing worth pursuing.

If you have thin stretch marks, dermarolling will be most comfortable. If you have thick stretch marks, you will have to needle. Needling, IMO, is much more effective than rolling, but needling health skin (when you're needling small stretch marks) is really painful.

Take a look at the website: http://www.owndoc.com/

It explains and supplies dermarolling equipment.
Felicity77
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I have tried many things. The usual bio-oil, cocoa butter, strivectin, some retin-a, darustoside cream

On stretch marks on the breast area I had 6 sessions of microdermabrasion, which definitely made them smoother. I have also used glycolic acid. Now if I wanted I could use coverup or foundation to hide them whereas before it would have gone into the 'ridges' if you know what I mean. They are shallower and narrower. I have recently started home dermarolling as well, yet to see results but again this is meant to take time.

On the stomach and hips (from pregnancy) I used many many creams, and tried the 'jean wu' method, although not for more than a few months, it didn't seem to make a difference, however maybe if I had stuck with it longer? hard work tho. I just had my fourth session of laser on my hips ( stretchmarks were white and 17 years old, is meant to work better on new/purple ones) at the Harley Medical Group clinic:
"Fractional pulses of laser light breaks down scar tissue to generate new healthy tissue."

I will say that they are smoother and less pronounced, definitely the best they have ever looked. But Im not sure yet if it was worth the price tag as you can still see them and feel them, just not as much. It actually seems to have worked better on my scars than on the stretchmarks, they are noticeably smoother.I will have to wait and see as they are still pink from the fourth treatment.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Are they white or still red/purple? If they are white they are fully healed and topicals wont help. You need to look into lasers. If they are still red/purple retin-a can help.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Dear Felicity77,

What creams did you try, and how long did you use them?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with onmyboat here. If you're looking for significant improvement dermarolling and single needling are the only things that make sense. Also, single needling seems to yield better results than dermarolling. I have researched this extensively and most people report little to no improvement when trying lasers, no improvement at all when using creams.

2 to 3 months before needling you have to prep your skin with some form of Retin A and Vitamin C. Some people recommend the additional use of Copper Peptides for skin remodeling.

The best thing to do, especially if you're going for the needling, is to research this properly.

A good place to start:
www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33739

Good luck! Smile
DonovanEno

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
There are numerous good things about laser treatment to get removal of stretch marks. The laser treatment is generally well-liked by both people & doctors, because of benefits over the standard products and methods employed. Many people believe that these methods are better compared to some other stretch mark eradication processes. You ought to look for laser stretch mark removal before and after photographs, if you want to be sure about this, on the internet.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Penta, why do you have to prep your skin beforehand? What exactly does that do?
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, from what I understand, vit A/C encourage collagen production, which is what you are trying to achieve with needling.

I'm kinda hesitant to recommend lasers, unless you have the money to spend. a) they're prohibitively expensive, especially if you have lots of stretch marks b) results seem to vary c) lasers also depend on how competent your doctor/nurse is. And from what I understand, needling is doing the same thing, creating injury to promote collagen formation.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Onmyboat, can you get scars from doing that? Where can I see some before and after photos?
pantotango

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I have 20 year old marks all over my stomach etc and have tried many many things in the past even sanding with Sandpaper ....I started rolling last year and have also tried needling ...takes forever....anyway I did around 5 rolls/ needling waiting around 4-5 weeks I between along with using all sorts if topical things . Retin A , vit C homemade serum , pawpaw , aloe , stevia ...Whatever I read that sounded good I used .I did stop around 4-5 months ago due to laziness and then going on holiday . I'm going to start back up vigilantly ( depressing going on a beach holiday and having to cover ) but I can say that there is a definite improvement around 50% maybe more , they are still there and very visible but when they are definitely narrower especially the big ones ,not so deep looking and the interesting thing is I noticed I have little hairs on my stomach ....I have not had fine body hair on my stomach since I got them so I'm taking that as a good sign that the skin is slowly slowly coming right . I have tried all creams over the years , palmers , bio etc etc and I wouldn't waste money on them THEY DON'T WORK but I have spent hours googling needling and I'm pretty sure there lies our only hope
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 am      Reply with quote
You all can check out the epic dermarolling thread.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Dermaroling Is the answer. Combined with some skin biology super cop and emu oil, and lots of perseverance.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Catski,

Do you think that dermarolling would be helpful for enlarged pores?
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
How long should you wait after you get the scars to start dermarolling?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |