Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

jawline exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
41 and this seems to be the area that is showing my age. Just can't decide which system to start with.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
41 and this seems to be the area that is showing my age. Just can't decide which system to start with.

Gretchen are you talking about what face exercise program to start with? If so, they all seem to address the jaw area if the results of the instructors are something to go by, and so you most likely will not be disappointed regardless of what program you go with.

But if I were you, before investing in a program, I'd do Tom's program found atwww.shapeyourface.com and this is why:
    * The program is free and is short so you don't have to commit so much time to something you aren't even sure will work for you;

* Tom's in his 70's and looks amazing and he credits his beautiful jawline and line-free face with his program (and I have friends who only do his program and swear by it. I do his program too when I don't have time to do CFF and I love it);

* Tom's program is gentle and it's amazing how deep it works if you focus on proper form. Really read carefully through the whole forum so you don't miss any tips he shares. The forum discussions will also help clarify some exercises so you can do them correctly. As you will see from this thread, I personally believe "starting easy" is the secret to having good long-term results. It's what I did in the beginning of the 90's although I used Eva Fraser's program (the Beginner one) and I did it for a long time and that foundation really provided a good base for all I did later so that I've really been pleased with my results and they've got good lasting power so that I can go for days without doing anything and then do exercise one day and my face looks like I work out daily.

This question has been coming up lately and I recently shared an exercise that addresses that area. But I really would implore you to commit to a full program as your main workout (eg Tom's), and then adding one or two more exercises from another program will not really cause the awkwardness spot training can cause, or that replacing exercises within a program with others from another that don't complement the ones you're doing might cause. I usually say don't mix and match, but lest anyone misunderstand, I'm not against looking at several programs or doing more than one program, but I do think that you should do ONE full program at least first...so you have a program whose exercises work as a team for a nice uniform build. And then bonus exercises you add from elsewhere to address specific areas will probably be effective since all muscles are in good tone first from the full program you do so the additional exercises are building on tone you already have all over. Why I insist on a full program first is because sometimes it's not so much the area you see that is the problem, but it could be related muscles that are slack and that are causing this one attached to them hang or bulge out in an ugly way. So first toning the whole face will let you see really what is going on. And then AFTERWARD you can clearly see if you do need the target-specific exercises.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi gretchen,
you can also check out some ex. for the area here:
http://www.ehow.com/way_5278535_facial-reduce-sagging-face-neck.html
HIH, A.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
It's just so difficult to tell which facial exercise program is the real deal.... have read about several of them on here the last few years and can never decide.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
It's just so difficult to tell which facial exercise program is the real deal.... have read about several of them on here the last few years and can never decide.

That is true Gretchen which is why I suggest doing Tom's program because it doesn't ask you to do something that you may not have done sometime in your life even as a kid. In other words, you're not being asked to grab a part of your face and pull it in a way that is unnatural and scary but it's just asking you to do movements you may have done sometime in your life only you do them trying to keep the rest of your face relaxed and with control. You also do it with a moisturized face which makes your skin more supple and not crack from making faces. So a program like that I consider a good one to start with because you have nothing to lose. And who knows you may find you never need anything else.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |