Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash Extensions Safe?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
donna17
5% products discount

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I got some eyelash extensions done and I love them, but is there any health risks involved with doing this?
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:14 am      Reply with quote
No health risks as such, well not that I'm aware of - as long as you maintain good hygiene.

The only problem I had with them was after about 12 months most of my own lashes stopped growing - they were very very short, much shorter than they were prior to having extensions - and I wasnt having them re-filled too frequently, about every 4 weeks.

In the end I got rid of them and switched to using Careprost - which I love - so now I have 'naturally' long and fluttery lashes! Very Happy
mimie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm assuming you mean the extensions which are glued in individually? If so then I would recommend these, however after about 3 weeks it they started to pull out my own lashes. I wouldn't say there is any health risks to this, but if you have sparse lashes, I wouldn't suggest getting these done!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Very safe. Just don't get them if you have allegies (turns out us ladies with allergies run our eyes in our sleep and they fall out) and don't get them if you have pink eye.

I have been doing them on clients for 2 years. It isn't cheap and it takes a lot of time but they look fabulous. I used NovaLash but there are several brands out there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry - that should read RUB our eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking of trying extensions but I do have very sensitive eyes. Guess it is ano go for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I was thinking of trying extensions but I do have very sensitive eyes. Guess it is ano go for me.

I have applied them for some insistent friends, my opinion they are really harsh on your natural lashes! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
loopylori wrote:

I have applied them for some insistent friends, my opinion they are really harsh on your natural lashes! Rolling Eyes

I must admit they are something I have been considering, but if they are going to damage what I already have I wont bother.
I know when I tried false nails I love the look but they completely ruin my natural nails.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
loopylori wrote:

I must admit they are something I have been considering, but if they are going to damage what I already have I wont bother.
I know when I tried false nails I love the look but they completely ruin my natural nails

They tend to pull out yours when they get loose, it's reversible but takes time for your own to grow back in!

I know they do look great for maybe 2-3 weeks and then they start to loosen, then you need to reapply. Not worth it IMHO. Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |