Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Donell Brightening Cream (1 oz) Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Bremenn Rosacea Redness Rehab (30 ml / 1 floz)
spray on sunblock for face?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Is there such a product (spray on sunblock for face)? I have acne prone skin so I avoid touching my face at all time so I'm looking for a sunblock that I spray on my face after a long day at school/work -- to protect my skin while driving home.
Any recommendations?
Thanks!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I know cosmedix does one called reflect. It uses Titanium Dioxide and no zinc however. I used to use it but have opted for zinc oxide base products since it gives more broadspectrum protection. I'm not sure if you can get zinc ones as sprays since it can be quite thick.

I also used one by nivea (for the body) which was nice and didnt make me break out. However I have to admit I couldnt just spray and leave it. I still had to rub it into my skin, therefore touching my skin was unavoidable. Its the only way to get it all evenly spread over the face.

Some stuff Ive read have even said spray on sunscreens arn't good since some ingredients are not good to breathe in. They recommend to spray either in your hand, then rub on face, or concentrate on certain areas of your face then rub in. Perhaps the experts can chime in on that one.

HTHs
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice has a chemical one, but they always advise not to use a spray directly on the face as you can easily get it into the eyes.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the wonderful replies. After reading what was posted, I guess I should not be looking into purchasing a spray on sunblock on my face. My question is, what do you lovely folks put on your face after a long days work (or school) to protect your skin from the sun during the car ride? Thanks!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Im a fan of invisible zinc ESP moisturiser, (ESP= Environmental skin protector).Its the only one I like from IZ, the others Im not a fan of. I've tried so many sunscreens and this comes a close HG. Its also a physical sunblock so you can easily apply it over makeup etc at the end of the day.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="syndi222"]Thank you for the wonderful replies. After reading what was posted, I guess I should not be looking into purchasing a spray on sunblock on my face. My question is, what do you lovely folks put on your face after a long days work (or school) to protect your skin from the sun during the car ride? Thanks![/quote]

Hi
I use a powder sunscreen to top up before the drive or a couple of layers of a mineral powder makeup with SPF in it.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to avoid touching your face, why not buy a regular sunblock and some cotton pads and just gently apply it on your face. Devita would be really suitable for this as it goes on sheer so you won't have to incessantly rub your face.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:
If you want to avoid touching your face, why not buy a regular sunblock and some cotton pads and just gently apply it on your face. Devita would be really suitable for this as it goes on sheer so you won't have to incessantly rub your face.

I wear makeup to school (or to anywhere to be honest; acne scars and acne) so I'm afraid putting on regular sunblock even with a cotton pad would smudge my makeup.
I might just sweep on a layer of mineral makeup right before I head out to the car.

As for the Devita sunblock, do you know what their spf is?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Bremenn Rosacea Redness Rehab (30 ml / 1 floz) Donell Mini Microdermabrasion (85 ml / 2.8 oz)