Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredale
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Im disapointed to having recently purchased several of the Bare Escentuals products, to find that alot of people prefer Jane Iredale. Im still trying to get to grips with using foundation, cream or powder. Ive just looked at the JI products, wow, there's so many. It must be hard to find the right colour for your own skin? hmm
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I to purchased BE I do really like it. I am going to try JI next but I agree choosing a shade will be hard. I wish there was somewhere near me that sold this line so I could test which colour to get.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe we should bombard QVC with requests to stock Jane Iredale Laughing I do lke their 30 day money back guarantee
nign

Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 am      Reply with quote
JI does sell tiny sample-size tryouts of their press/powder base products and lipsticks. It's just that EDS doesn't carry them.

I strongly recommend buying the samples before getting full-size ones. You need to wear it for a whole day to know if it really fits your skin tone. There're drawbacks on using base samples though, like it's a lot more difficult to apply them with the correct applicator, hence the product wouldn't perform as well as if you've used the Handi or the JI sponge.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I've recently purchased samples from these people. I couldn't find any samples in the UK so ordered from abroad instead. Have ordered a sample of the loose base and the pressed.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
nice one toe, I'm trying warm silk and bisque.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
nice one toe, I'm trying warm silk and bisque.

I've gone for Satin & Bisque Very Happy. Both neutral shades as I still can't figure out whether I'm warm or cool.
Did you order one of each type of base (pressed & loose) or the same base in different colours?
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:50 am      Reply with quote
1 pressed 1 loose, so I can get a feel for the difference in texture and application.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Did you guys get a JI brush too? Would using a BE brush be not as good?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I haven't got a JI brush yet. The prices I've seen in the UK are ridiculous so I'll have to shop abroad. I was also slightly worried by the fact that they are made from animal hair/fur. However, an email from janeiredale.com informed me that no animals are killed/harmed to make the brushes.
Couldn't say if the BE brush would be compatible or not. Although, from reading other threads on this forum it would seem that the JI Handi brush is the best brush to use with the JI Pressed base.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
I haven't got a JI brush yet. The prices I've seen in the UK are ridiculous so I'll have to shop abroad. I was also slightly worried by the fact that they are made from animal hair/fur. However, an email from janeiredale.com informed me that no animals are killed/harmed to make the brushes.
Couldn't say if the BE brush would be compatible or not. Although, from reading other threads on this forum it would seem that the JI Handi brush is the best brush to use with the JI Pressed base.

ooh same here Toe, I had visions of poor squirals being farmed Shock it kinda put me off buying. I have a few brushes, BE, Smashbox etc so I'll see, while I think the brush may be the best way to apply I doubt it will be the only way.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
It's so annoying that the UK is behind on the mineral makeup thing. It makes me so mad Mad I know QVC has a 30 day money back guarantee but the prices are just silly and no JI. Anyway, hope you like your samples guys, let us know how it goes Very Happy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
cheers Toe I am going to order 2 or 3 to try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Toe, I ve just checked it out. Wow! Where do you start choosing the right colour hmm Ive only just ordered the B.E. so its all soooooo confusing. Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Thanks for the link Toe, I ve just checked it out. Wow! Where do you start choosing the right colour hmm Ive only just ordered the B.E. so its all soooooo confusing. Confused
What color were you in BE? I was BE#3 (although I'm extremely fairskinned), and I just got JI pressed powder in Warm Silk and it's a perfect match for me. And I've got JI pressed powder in Amber for the summer months....
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
In the BE I use a light, and then gently dust over with medium beige. Only cause Ive bought them both and am trying to make sure I use them. Ive only been using them for just over a week. I'm finding that less is more with this product. Put too much on and it looks like you are caked in it. But when you only put a little on, you dont feel like its covering, especially when the mornings are dark and miserable as they are at the moment. I would guess though that the shades you have picked might be right for me, so thanks, thats a great help. Razz
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Well, first of all, you should definitely order those samples fromwww.skin-etc.com. It’s $3USD per sample, plus a flat S&H fee of $5. And these aren’t stingy little samples either. You get a good amount of product (about the size of BE eye shadow pot)...in fact, I’ve been carrying my little sample pot around in my purse for touch-ups!

Two weeks ago,www.Skin-etc.com had links on their Jane Iredale page that had “How to Choose A Shade” and “Application Techniques” and “Application Problems” FAQ sections (I think this info was actually supplied to skin-etc.com by JI), but I don’t see them there any longer. Bummer! They were really helpful when I got started. You might go directly towww.JaneIredale.com and see if you can find this info there. I’d check for you, but – for some bizarre reason – I can’t get the JI webpage to load correctly on my web browser... Confused

Anyway, to correctly pick your shade, you need to figure out if you’re cool-toned (is there more pink in your skin?), warm-toned (is there more yellow in your skin?) or neutral. Once again, I suggest going to the JI official site and see if you can find their “how to pick a shade” guide, but if you can’t find it and you don’t know whether you’re cool, warm or neutral, then I would suggest you order the following JI pressed powder samples based on the info you provided regarding your current BE color:

• JI pressed powder sample - Light Beige (this is a cool shade)
• JI pressed powder sample - Bisque (this is a “neutral” shade)
• JI pressed powder sample - Warm Silk (this is a warm shade and the most popular in the JI line, so apparently it’s pretty “forgiving” – meaning you don’t need to match your skin color exactly for it too look right)

I hope some of this info is useful to you....

Good luck!
Carrie
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, thats great, thanks. I will order those samples, though you say pressed, am just getting to grips with loose. Whats best hmm

As for knowing whether Im pink, yellow or neutral, it usually depends on how warm I am Laughing Laughing Laughing When Im cold, Im usually a horrible colour, which is often most of the time Crying or Very sad If people were to go by my hands, they'd think I was dead, pardon the expression. So cold and blue they go...... Roll on summer Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I just got the pressed version because I already knew what a loose mineral foundation looked/worked like (my BE #3-medium) and I couldn’t believe that a pressed version could actually produce similar coverage...also, I’d heard/read that the pressed formulation was better for those with oily skin, I’ve which I’m the president of that club!

Just keep in mind that the shade recommendations I gave you are for PRESSED only. I can’t attest to this myself, but I’ve repeatedly heard/read that there is at least a ˝ shade of difference between JI’s loose and pressed foundations with the same color name (i.e.: “Warm Silk” in loose will be at least ˝ shade lighter than the “Warm Silk” pressed version)....

Sorry! Embarassed
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I guess its all trial and error and as the samples are only $3, then its worth it I guess to get the right shade. If the samples are the size of the BE eyeshadow, how do you apply them? Sorry, I bet you wish you never answered my post now Embarassed
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Well, that’s a whole ‘nother kettle of fish. We’ve actually been having this discussion under another thread. Rather than repeating myself here (you might have noticed I can be a bit...<ahem>...long-winded!!), click on this link to read more about it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4381 I’m planning to go purchase my Handi Brush this afternoon, but lately I’ve managed to develop a semi-satisfactory work-around solution using my BE foundation brush: when I swipe it over the top of my little pot of JI pressed powder, I use my hand to hold the upper part of the bristles to sorta make them more “rigid” so that I’m able to pick up enough product on the brush to apply it. It’s a pain in the *ss, but it’s worked fairly well until I get can my Handi Brush and it’s allowed me to conclude that I do, in fact, like the JI pressed foundation a lot!

Botton line: this is just a guess, but I’d say that if you decide to go with the JI loose foundation, you should be able to use your regular BE foundation brush without difficulty. But if you decide to go with the JI pressed powder, IMHO, I really think you need to get companion Handi Brush (or, at least, some kind of brush with a flat surface like a Kabuki brush...and before you ask “what’s a Kabuki brush?” Wink click here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4394) for ideal application....
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all that. Ive only been on the forum a week and its hard to backtrack over all the information. There is just so much I don't know where to start!!! Confused I guess I'd better start burning the midnight oil swatting up Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |