Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Cindy Crawford's spooky new face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
It's also that as we age, the eye socket enlarges (and other facial bones atrophy), which gives the appearance of sunken-in eyes.

I think she is still pretty (with some obvious cosmetic procedures, too), but she's just lost fullness in the face with some slight sagging. But she looks gorgeous for her age!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I personally think she's aging well.
Besides, in some photos, there's professional lighting, the 'beauty team', photoshop etc.

Compared to some other celebrities who have botox (or extreme end of it), they just look ridiculous.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
(sigh) First off..I am the most guilty myself when I say this...
but why do we have to say "aging?" and why do we have to compare our physical selves and even celebrities to when they were teenagers or 21? As women -- we are so unfair to ourselves and each other. I wish we could reprogram our society to look at the journey of life as beautiful no matter where on the path you are. We set ourselves up for misery trying to recapture the second decade of our physical selves instead of appreciating where we are standing.
The fact is; Cindy Crawford is just plain beautiful...she always was and always will be.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
(sigh) First off..I am the most guilty myself when I say this...
but why do we have to say "aging?" and why do we have to compare our physical selves and even celebrities to when they were teenagers or 21? As women -- we are so unfair to ourselves and each other. I wish we could reprogram our society to look at the journey of life as beautiful no matter where on the path you are. We set ourselves up for misery trying to recapture the second decade of our physical selves instead of appreciating where we are standing.
The fact is; Cindy Crawford is just plain beautiful...she always was and always will be.

Very well said! And I, too, am guilty of this. I think part of the reason women enjoy putting down celebrites (as well as other women in general) is to make ourselves "feel" better about our own appearance. Yes, some women do go way overboard with the cosmetic surgery (The Lion Lady comes to mind), but most of us are just trying to do the best we can to keep our skin/faces looking a little younger for a while longer. We really should try to be kinder to one another and not judge so harshly. And, like I said, I have done this, too. But I am really trying to be aware of it these days and keep my negative thoughts to myself and try to appeciate that everyone is beautiful in their own way.

And you are so right; Cindy is beautiful at any age.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I guess all we can do is work on it.. I don't know if any of you remember..but Oprah had the best show on one time about how beauty is relative to cultures. She showcased different cultures and what they viewed as beautiful. It was eye opening. yeah fat women very attractive in one country.. women with long giraffe collared necks in another country..so on and so forth. it is all relative..and has to do with how we are conditioned to see beauty.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.oprah.com/style/Beauty-Around-the-World

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:53 am      Reply with quote

Many of the posters on the website this picture was taken from, said she looks like Marie Osmond. I have to agree. She better quit while she's ahead. Her eye shape has totally changed.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Depending on the extent/type/amount of work done, it can take weeks or months for the results to show in final form.

We don't know where we she was in the process when this photo was taken.

I rest my case. BFG
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
My point was she doesn't look like herself anymore. I don't care where in the process she is. Whether this will be a temporary look or not, who knows. If you keep getting procedures done, you risk losing your uniqueness and start looking unnatural. IMO
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 9:07 am      Reply with quote
She's headed towards the wided eyed old lady look.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Cindy Crawford - Shape Magazine Pictorial [Greece] (January 2012)

There are a lot of variables regarding how one looks in a photo. Or do we expect her to look like her 10 year old daughter, now a model?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DM,Smile In her Meaningful Beauty infomercial they show comparison pictures of her when she is 28 and 43. Then the host says, that Cindy looks the same in both of them and hasn't aged a day. So, it's Cindy who wants the viewers to believe that she still looks like she is in her 20s. Sure it's just an infomercial but, all of these people who say their youthful looks are due to their products, are bound to be critiqued IMO. The picture you showed was from Jan 2012. The one I posted is from March 2012. The picture you posted is professionally shot, mine is a candid shot at an event. You're right about there being many variables influencing how one looks in pictures. But, I think most of us have seen pictures where a celebrity has an altered eye shape due to procedures. But, like another poster said, it may be temporary. I would never say she should look young forever, that's not my point. When I looked at her March 2012 photo, I thought it might be someone else.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi DM,Smile In her Meaningful Beauty infomercial they show comparison pictures of her when she is 28 and 43. Then the host says, that Cindy looks the same in both of them and hasn't aged a day. So, it's Cindy who wants the viewers to believe that she still looks like she is in her 20s. Sure it's just an infomercial but, all of these people who say their youthful looks are due to their products, are bound to be critiqued IMO. The picture you showed was from Jan 2012. The one I posted is from March 2012. The picture you posted is professionally shot, mine is a candid shot at an event. You're right about there being many variables influencing how one looks in pictures. But, I think most of us have seen pictures where a celebrity has an altered eye shape due to procedures. But, like another poster said, it may be temporary. I would never say she should look young forever, that's not my point. When I looked at her March 2012 photo, I thought it might be someone else.

I agree my point was that the tabloid photographers are notorious for catching bad shots of all celebrities because that sells!

I have seen a number of photos of various celebrities not looking their best and sometimes it is post procedure, some medication they are taking, ect. ect.

I often wonder about the unscrupulous tabloids photoshopping to make them look worse, just like the fashion magazines airbrush out their flaws?

Nobody will stay young forever, and the photo you posted is rather scary IMHO! Very Happy

I think we are all aware that "they" all have work done to maintain that youthful look, no product is going to do what a procedure will!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Heck, I'd look like than Marie-Osmond-look-alike shot any day! Laughing

But, seriously, I remember reading on another skin care forum that when people start eating a raw diet, they get those sunken eyes like Cindy has now. Now, I know nothing about this or why/if it indeed happens, but I'd love to know it that is true of not.

If it is true...pass me a bagel!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:

But, seriously, I remember reading on another skin care forum that when people start eating a raw diet, they get those sunken eyes like Cindy has now. Now, I know nothing about this or why/if it indeed happens, but I'd love to know it that is true of not.

Any drastic changes to what your body is used to can TEMPORARY cause unwanted effects, I quit smoking before getting pregnant with my first and was sick as a dog for 3 weeks! I was ticked!!! Bad Grin

Same when you drastically change your diet suddenly, you may feel and look ill for a short period before things actually improve! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, lot's of things can wreak havoc on your face and body. But, I really doubt her look is from a new diet. If it's not a bad photo or photoshopped, the change in her eye shape is downright scary. I have noticed her eyes looking strange in other photos as well. Speaking of Marie Osmond, have you seen pictures her lately? She has overfilled lips. You would not want to look that way sandooch. Facial exercises will protect you from looking unnatural. Smile
Miel24
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:

No?!! Really? That's interesting...It hasn't been the case in my experience and not of the raw foodists I've seen.

http://thegardendiet.com/glow/

http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/before-and-after-photos.html

I'm not advocating that this is the best way of eating or anything, in fact I am not a raw foodist anymore, but I have yet to see somebody who actually looks worse after adopting this lifestyle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
sandooch wrote:

No?!! Really? That's interesting...It hasn't been the case in my experience and not of the raw foodists I've seen.

http://thegardendiet.com/glow/

http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/before-and-after-photos.html

I'm not advocating that this is the best way of eating or anything, in fact I am not a raw foodist anymore, but I have yet to see somebody who actually looks worse after adopting this lifestyle.

I have but what I am talking about is a temporary initial response our bodies can have with a sudden and drastic change, not the long term effect that any healthy change will make on the entire body.

Also not everyone goes about making changes in the correct way.

5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2012 12:01 am      Reply with quote
[quote="DarkMoon"]
Miel24 wrote:

I have but what I am talking about is a temporary initial response our bodies can have with a sudden and drastic change, not the long term effect that any healthy change will make on the entire body.

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Absolutely. Adopting a raw food lifestyle can mean losing weight drastically in the beginning, so much so that some people can get very, very thin to the point of looking unhealthy for a short while. I loved having a raw foods lifestyle, but when I dropped down to 107 pounds, with the weight seeming to fall at a rate of a pound a day at one point, I wasn't prepared to ride out this phase - just felt too uncomfortable, even though I felt fantastic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Miel24"]
DarkMoon wrote:
Miel24 wrote:

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Absolutely. Adopting a raw food lifestyle can mean losing weight drastically in the beginning, so much so that some people can get very, very thin to the point of looking unhealthy for a short while. I loved having a raw foods lifestyle, but when I dropped down to 107 pounds, with the weight seeming to fall at a rate of a pound a day at one point, I wasn't prepared to ride out this phase - just felt too uncomfortable, even though I felt fantastic.

I have gone through some drastic changes in my diet and done so too fast, I can't say it altered my appearance (was young and resilient) but I felt it in some rather unpleasant ways!

Also been through the same with teens and of course they did not heed mom's warning to take things slowly and ease in to a different way of eating. We had some unhappy tummies in the house, and my kids grew up eating a lot of fresh raw veggies from a very young age! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Was the dramatic weight loss with a raw diet due to calorie restriction?

I mean, I am thinking it had to be...right?

BFG
Miel24
5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I have gone through some drastic changes in my diet and done so too fast, I can't say it altered my appearance (was young and resilient) but I felt it in some rather unpleasant ways!

Also been through the same with teens and of course they did not heed mom's warning to take things slowly and ease in to a different way of eating. We had some unhappy tummies in the house, and my kids grew up eating a lot of fresh raw veggies from a very young age! Laughing

Lol yes I've been there...Once in my early twenties I spent a whole afternoon in the bathroom after taking 6 chlorella tablets in one go. That was the dose but I didn't read the bit about gradually building up to that amount. Now tend to take things slowly with any diet change but still need to work on reading any kind of instuctions properly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Lol yes I've been there...Once in my early twenties I spent a whole afternoon in the bathroom after taking 6 chlorella tablets in one go. That was the dose but I didn't read the bit about gradually building up to that amount. Now tend to take things slowly with any diet change but still need to work on reading any kind of instuctions properly.

LOL. Funny how we overlook those things when young, My now 31 yo daughter pulled the go vegan and add green supplements overnight, and I quote the smart ass "Mommy what is wrong with my butt?" between the frequent visits to the bathroom and her gas she was none too happy! Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

I was all of 93 pounds to begin with so I did not lose weight but changing so fast what I consumed made my digestive tract very unhappy! Embarassed

5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

For me I think so. I didn't want to lose any weight, main reason for going raw was to try and be as healthy as possible.

It didn't happen overnight. A few months of fairly stable weight...And then suddenly - boom! I was losing weight very, very quickly.

I was eating tons of green vegetables, and loads of fruit, dates, nuts, avocados etc. With some brown rice, eggs and a little fish. I wasn't 100% raw, maybe what one would call high raw.

Maybe my calorie intake was low despite the nuts, avocados etc?

Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |