Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What kind of deoderant is strongest?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
donna17
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Secret Clinical strength but it doesnt really do it for me.

If I have a long or stressful day, I stink!

Can anyone recommend a strong deodorant that works throughout the entire day?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
donna17 wrote:
I have been using Secret Clinical strength but it doesnt really do it for me.

If I have a long or stressful day, I stink!

Can anyone recommend a strong deodorant that works throughout the entire day?

Hi Donna17, I think antiperspirants like Secret Clinical Strength are part of the problem and not at all a solution.

Sweating is one way your body gets rid of toxins. Antiperspirants stop your body from getting rid of the toxins so IMO stench just builds up.

I used to think that I couldn't live without antiperspirants. I would use men's Brut because the spray was so effective and very refreshing. But as I got more into natural remedies for health, I started considering deodorants that are not antiperspirants. I liked the peace of mind of knowing I'm not interfering with my body's normal process but I hated the "perfumed stench of sweat" that most of the deodorants I found seemed to give me (eg Tom's). Neutral Enter Crystal Un-odorant and all my problems were solved. Smile

Why Crystal beats other deodorants I had tried and does such a good job that I actually use the original unscented is in the fact that it destroys the bacteria responsible for the stench. In other words, like other deodorants, it doesn't stop you sweating which is in accord with nature's way, but it makes sure the sweat has no smell.

But what's even weirder is, before I stopped using antiperspirants, I thought I was a horrible sweat-er. Come to find, I don't really sweat half as much as I thought. It's as if by fighting my body's effort to get rid of toxins, I was creating this monster that would just open floodgates of sweat if ever I forgot to use it. Like all that sweat had been marinating in there waiting for a chance to pour out. But now that I'm not restricting nature, I don't sweat much. In fact, I have been able to go a whole day w/o using Crystal and not been wet or had a smell at all.

As scary as this may sound, I implore you to give it a try. Maybe on a weekend when you don't have any place to be. Initially, you may find you sweat a lot and it can seem unbearable but give your body time to adjust and get rid of what you've been blocking...and you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was. Perhaps get the wipes to wipe off that initial flood and follow that with spray and give your body time to get used to this new status quo.

Yes, Crystal also sells unscented wipes/towellets that you can use to clean any sweat if you get too wet and it does double duty: cleans and freshens while leaving behind that bacteria fighting coating so that you don't smell. You could do like I do: use the wipes and then the spray as back up.

I once tested the spray's ability to destroy odor-causing bacteria one day: I had just finished working out for one hour 45 mins after not wearing any deo for a whole day (no smell prior to working out, BTW, despite not using deo all day). Anyway after almost 2 hours of serious exercise, of course my armpits had the smell of sweat. Before jumping into the shower, I decided to spray a good amount of Crystal Un-odorant to test how well it works on bacteria. Initially, there was no difference but to my disbelief, my armpits didn't smell when the spray dried. I admit I did spray a lot so that it was running down my sides (well I had to match the wetness Razz ). Still, it most certainly did get rid of the odor of my armpits completely. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I hadn't just been all sweaty and smelly a few minutes ago. So indeed the wipes would come in handy if you were far from a shower and just felt wet or uneasy and needed to freshen up, since they do what the other products do but with the added benefit of giving you a nice wipe-down so you're clean-er.

Once you try it and give it time to show you what it can do, I have a feeling you'll never restrict your body from doing its thang again with antiperspirants.

You can read more about Crystal here. I use the stick, the wipes and the spray. After a shower I use the stick. In the summer if I feel wet--and that's wet with no stench, mind you--because I used the stick earlier!--I use the wipes and then the spray (so I keep them in my purse). I can't say enough great things about Crystal Un-odorant. (The roll-on was my favorite of all when I started, but after a while I started to worry about rolling bacterial off my skin into the product and recycling that and didn't like that thought. So got the stick.) If they could come up with a liquid of the consistency of the roll on that you'd squirt onto a cotton swab or piece of napkin and apply, I'd be all over that!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I use Certain Dry stick and roll-on, its the only one that doesn't seem to "turn" after I have been working out or get really overheated.
The Texas humidity and heat makes it hard on any deo. and I have tried all of the Clinical Strenths now that just about every brand has one.
But also hot flashes play havoc as well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love my crystal deodorant from Whole Foods. It literally lasts for years. I don't sweat a lot but I do stink on occasion but far less than I did before taking my bioidentical hormones.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I also use a crystal deodorant (from Whole Foods :-0 )and find that I only need to use it ONCE in a while - if at all. I rarely sweat and occasionally get body odor. If I notice some odor, just applying the crystal will stop it immediately!

It does take a little bit of adjustment to stop using a regular deodorant, but your body will adjust. I use a roll-up stick (you need to wet the end of the stick); a spray; and a solid 'rock' that I wet the end of. Whole Foods has a great selection.

These crystals would be easy to carry to work and apply as you need them too

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to try the crystal again, esp. after Nonie's post about it taking time for the body to adjust. I'd tried it before but was really put off, nay, surprised & horrified, by the sudden body odor.
It makes sense that you'd have to give it some time.

I liked the way you described the "perfumed stench of sweat" - Tom's really grossed me out. It was like it came smelling of someone else's b.o.!

And about Texas heat, I found it really strange that during my time there I didn't smell at all! And neither did the sweaty punks I hung out with. I assumed, given that it was between 95F & 114F for months on end, we were literally sweating buckets and flushing our systems out non-stop.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Nairuby

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Crystal deodorant, hands down! I have pretty sensitive skin and never have problems anymore.Plus it's super efficient. I get it like once a year maximum.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nonie, or foxe, or anyone else who uses the Crystal and believes it takes time for the body to adjust. I've had the flu, so taking it as an opportunity to try it again while I'm not really in close proximity with anyone and can't smell!

Its only been a couple of days but I'd like to really give it a go. I'm wondering what you think... if on certain days when I know I'm going to have a bit of nervous sweat, or be going all out crazy at a show!, whether I can use my old standby, Secret anti-persperent, or whether that'll confuse things. Call me too particular, but I really don't want to even risk being smelly around a lot people. Even Secret didn't always do the trick. Much better since I started really scrubbing any buildup of anti-persperant off in the shower instead of being more gentle though.
Thanks.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |