Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which creams/ointments/serums to use after strong TCA peels?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Im ready to do a TCA peel on the stretch marks on my stomach.

Ive been doing 50% Glycolic peels for a while, with no results whatsoever (no tingle, no pinkness, no peeling, no improvement!).

What do i need to apply after a strong TCA peel to prevent infection, accelerate healing and encourage reduction of the stretchmark scars?

Im confused about whether i need to use Copper Peptide Serum, regular moisturiser, oil, antibiotic cream, some other kind of ointment or a combination of these?

Please advise as ive ordered the TCA and just waiting to get started as not sure what to apply afterwards for best results?

Thanks xxx

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
lilly123
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
i have done 20% TCA peel after i put on antibiotic cream you need to be very careful when doing TCA ...
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lilly.

What was the antbiotic cream called? - so i know what to buy.

Did you use anything else aswell as anti-biotic cream?

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
lilly123
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
before i start a TCA peel i prep my skin with Retin A for 2 weeks before on the day i clean my skin with witch hazel i then put vaseline around my eyes nose & lips then i apply the TCA very quickly,wash off with baking soda then i put triple antibiotic ointment on (neosporin)on i do this for a few days you need to keep your skin as clean as pos remember down time is about 2 weeks
lilly123
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
where did you buy your TCA & what make is it ???& what % are you going to use
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
That's great. Thanks Lilly.

I bought my TCA peel from ebay - one of the top sellers of peels there.

Its the 30% peel ive bought. I can always dilute it 50-50 with water for a 15% peel, but tbh with absolutely NOTHING happening from a 50% glycolic peel left on for 20mins 3x in a row (felt like water - no effect whatsoever) i might just go to the 30% TCA straight away.

Im hoping for a fairly deep peel with lots of peeling - b/c i figure thats the only way i'll have any effect on these stretchmarks.

Do you think 30% TCA is strong enough for stretchmarks and resistant skin?

Ive also bought a 70% glycolic, which i was going to do a couple times before the TCA (a week apart), then the TCA.

LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have time to look it up, but please check into how different strengths of different peels can be way, way, WAY more intense than one another before you do anything!

I think it was someone from platinum skincare who posted on here some time ago setting me straight about how a high percentage of aha, can be vastly minimal in comparison to the same percentage or even half, of tca.

Its really scary. You sound somewhat experienced and responsible, and you're not doing your face, but I always worry that kids will try these and end up with serious burns and irreparable damage.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lori,

Oh absolutely - i certainly wouldnt suggest anyone go straight into a 30% TCA .. not if the pics on Google are anything to go by. It does seem like a serious peel.

I was flabbergasted that 50% glycolic did jack-diddly-squat to my stomach skin, as i expected at least a bit of a burn/sting and some erythema. So it does seem that my skin in that area is rather tough - despite this, im still going to do a couple of 70% Glycolics prior to the 'big-guns' 30% TCA, just to make sure my skin is throughy prepped.

On my face so far ive only done 10%salicylic-10%mandelic and 10%salicylic-10%lactic combis, neither of which caused any flaking/peel, but they did tingle/burn a little. Im much more reluctant to go bull at a gate on my face, and will certainly proceed with much more caution and work my way up gradually on my facial skin.

Does anyone know approximately the equivalent strength Glycolic peel to the 10%-salicylic-10%mandelic, and the 10%salicylic-10%lactic combi peels? I cant seem to find any info on Google about equivalent strengths of these type of peels. Im presuming theyre rather weak?

In fact, would a 10%salicylic-10%lactic do ANYTHING worthwhile for fine lines, skin dullness, uneven texture, general 1st signs of ageing? - or is the lactic too weak for that? Would it only have a mild effect at clearing out pore debris perhaps? I was hoping to address my 1st signs of ageing aswell as my large pores & congestion by using a multi-peel - but might i be better doing a straight salicylic peel one week, alternated with a straight glycolic the next?

lilly123
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
whatever you do don't put 30% on your skin,even if you had it done in a clinic they are only able to get insurance for 30% you will burn down to the soft tissues tca is not like Glycolic peels it will burn take a look at this forum the girls on here are super brill http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net they have loads of information about tca you need to get it right as you could make your skin a hole lot worse & no 1 wants that,also youtube has vids on tca, please let me know how its going
lilly123
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
are you in the uk???
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lilly - I just read that to have any effect on stretchmarks you need to do a medium depth peel, which i read was minimum 30% TCA?

Yup im in the UK =)

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Biafine is the way to go but you have to have a RX for it unless you are somewhere it is sold ovr the counter or try it online. Best stuff for wound healing and it is used for burn victims. I did a review on it in EDS or you can search here.
I had a tube I used forever that my derm gave me. Works well for healing left over pimples once they are in the healing stage as well.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |