Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My RapidLash review (with pictures)!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
getproducts
5% products discount

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I will do that, I always use Lancome, but it dries fast, so I spend 25 dollars every 2 months on mascara
Zazzafrazzles

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! This is my first post, although I have been reading for a few weeks now and really enjoying the information and finding it useful.

I wanted to mention that I received a beauty tip from a make-up artist (on-line) and she recommends using your blow-dryer to heat up your eyelash curler.

I do it every day now; it works great.

I put the hairdryer on "hot" and leave it directed on the curler for 5 or 6 seconds. Then apply to clean, dry lashes. Trust me, Curl before applying your mascara; hold about fifteen seconds, then apply mascara. They stay curled all day!

OP, your lashes look awesome! I use two different enhancers, and I love Mally's mascara. I used the enhancers every night for about six weeks, and now I'm so pleased with the results I only use once weekly.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Zazzafrazzles! I used to heat up my eyelash curler, too. Then I found an inexpensive heated one at RiteAid. No chance of accidentally getting the curler too hot this way. But you're right; it curls so much better than a regular eyelash curler.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Too hot! Yes, I can say I'm familiar with that little issue. This is why I mentioned only using the blow dryer for a few seconds. I learned this the hard way. Shock
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Rapidlash before, and agree it works. However I am allegic to some ingredients in it. It made my eyes dry, and my eyelids reddened. Both issues stopped after I discontinued use. So I have to put up with short sparse lashes! Very sad indeed.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
I tried Rapidlash before, and agree it works. However I am allegic to some ingredients in it. It made my eyes dry, and my eyelids reddened. Both issues stopped after I discontinued use. So I have to put up with short sparse lashes! Very sad indeed.

I'm so sorry that happened to you using RapidLash. I didn't have that problem with RL, but I am testing out Careprost now. The first week I had no reaction from it. Then it did start to make my lids a little itchy and very slightly pink. It was nothing serious, so I decided to keep using it unless it got worse. After a week or two of that, no more itchiness or redness. Maybe you gave up on RL too soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know if Rapidlash has the active ingredient from the Glaucoma meds in it? If it does, that's what caused the dry eye and reddish lids for me. I have the same reaction to Revitalash, or anything with that ingredient. I think it's called prostagladin or something like that.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients in RapidLash: https://www.rapidlash.com/faqs.php

5% products discount

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
It doesn't look like Rapidlash has glaucoma meds in it.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
getproducts wrote:

Doesn't seem so....but I must be allergic to something else since I got a similar reaction to it or maybe my eyes are just too sensitive.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
getproducts wrote:

Doesn't seem so....but I must be allergic to something else since I got a similar reaction to it or maybe my eyes are just too sensitive.

They don't like to tell you everything.....

Rapid Lash Eyelash Renewal Serum ($4Cool. This contains a prostaglandin analogue called isopropyl cloprostenate. There is some evidence that copper tripeptide-1 improves hair growth by strengthening the follicle and speeding up the growth cycle. Indeed, I have used Folligen, a copper peptide lotion on hair and lashes with great success.

http://truthinaging.com/eyes-eylashes-brows/eyelash-growth-products-do-they-work-and-are-they-safe-2010-update

I know it is TIA, but she has a listing with many lash enhancers and what is actually in them.

ETA: that is 48$ but 8 closely followed by ) gives you the Cool. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Here is another source,

http://www.eyelash-growth.com/reviews/rapidlash/

What Are Rapid Lash Ingredients and How Does It Work

Ingredients Rhizobian Gum and Sodium Hyaluronate act as moisturizers, potent polypeptides fights against breakage while essential vitamins and proteins replenish and strengthen the lashes. The product does contain certain questionable ingredients such as Phenoxyethanol, which is produced by combining derived coal tar with ethylene oxide, and Chlorphenisen, both of which are known eye irritants. For some, even panthenol is a major irritant to the eyes.

Rapid Lash Pros:

Its pricing at just under $50 is affordable and on the lower side when compared with most of the other products in the same category with similar ingredients.
The presence of a derivative of Prostaglandin, a drug used to treat glaucoma, is responsible for the lashes to grow like weeds.
RapidLash can be used by people using contact lenses or those with eyelash extensions.
60 day money back guarantee
Rapid Lash Cons:

Rapid Lash is available online only. It is not available outside in stores.
Some customers have complained about redness under eyes, headaches and eye twitching.
Based on customer reviews prolonged use (over 6 months) may cause lashes to dry up and fall out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you like the Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara. It is great, and I, too, thought that nothing beat Lancome.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Groupon has it for $25 now.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-eyelash-and-enhancing-serum?addxe=WUFOQUBURUxFTkdZLk5FVA==&utm_medium=email&utm_source=channel_goods-deals&sid=11165876&user=e1b0834a9505b930db56dec3a655dbb55b7aa34d6992da2fb54a1050b423bd1a&utm_campaign=11165876&s=body&d=gg-eyelash-and-enhancing-serum&p=2&c=deal_button

Stock up Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that link YB. As much as I loved my results with RapidLash, though, I'm getting better results from Careprost, so I think I'll stick with that for now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Rapidlash for about 10 weeks and the results are outstanding. My lashes are definitely substantially longer and wee bit thicker in volume.

They are now hitting the lenses of my reading glasses and leaving mascara tracks when I blink after applying mascara, so I have to wipe off the mascara before finishing my makeup - a good problem to have.

Would definitely recommend and repurchase.

BFG and I am a tough cookie as you know lol.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried MD Lash Factor as an alternative?
Apperently it dosent have prostaglandin derivatives, I have used it twice and each time my eyes sting, only temporarly but I was just wondering any others experience?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I've been using Rapidlash for about 10 weeks and the results are outstanding. My lashes are definitely substantially longer and wee bit thicker in volume.

They are now hitting the lenses of my reading glasses and leaving mascara tracks when I blink after applying mascara, so I have to wipe off the mascara before finishing my makeup - a good problem to have.

Would definitely recommend and repurchase.

BFG and I am a tough cookie as you know lol.

BFG are you still having positive results? Have you had any lash fall out using this? by that I am talking about the phase where they go short, then long?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the others. Your results are very impressive.
MandyBeauty

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I used Rapidlash and results are not as impressive as Latisse. How long does the tube of Rapidlash lasts for other people? mine was gone in like 5 weeks?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Mandy, mine lasted about that long, maybe 7 weeks at most. I agee with you that it does add some length, but not as much as Latisse or Careprost does. If you haven't tried Careprost yet, I think you'll love it. It's the same ingredients as Latisse at a fraction of the price. I paid $30 for one bottle over 5 1/2 months ago (I'm on maintenence now, just using it 2-3 times a week), and I'm still using that same bottle. That comes out to less than $6 a month. And my lashes are much longer than when I was using RapidLash (sort of feeling silly now for starting this thread in the first place now that I've found Careprost Confused ).

See for yourself in this eyelash collage I recently made of my eyelashes before starting with any product, after 12 weeks of using RapidLash and then after 16 weeks of using Careprost. I'm never going back to RapidLash now.

Now, when I wear mascara, I constantly get asked if I'm wearing false lashes. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hello.... Been following this thread. Just wondering why you changed from RapidLash to Careprost? Or you just trying out new products?
What do you recommend between the 2 products that you tried?

sandooch wrote:
Natalyn wrote:

I'm so sorry that happened to you using RapidLash. I didn't have that problem with RL, but I am testing out Careprost now. The first week I had no reaction from it. Then it did start to make my lids a little itchy and very slightly pink. It was nothing serious, so I decided to keep using it unless it got worse. After a week or two of that, no more itchiness or redness. Maybe you gave up on RL too soon.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Like Sandooch, after the initial 16 weeks on Careprost I am often asked "are you wearing false eyelashes?"

Feels so wonderful, especially if it is DH!

Very cost-effective. The same medication was offered to me at my plastic surgeon's office for approximately $100 per month. One little bottle does last 5 months and you can get it online very reasonably. (You can also get it in Mexico without an RX if you vacation there.)
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Wow what a difference! I´ve only tried the mascara and I think its a great product :)
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Out of curiousity and because of sandooch's amazing results, I also bought Rapidlash to try. Been using it for approx a month now and I can see the thickness and strength of my eyelashes. I noticed this in particular when I applied mascara. My lashes are longer and thicker, just with a regular mascara. I can not believe it!

The only thing using Rapidlash is that I notice that it "kinda" itch at the base of the lashes (every now and then) after it dries up. I don't know why. Overall, no discomfort at all.

I will try this for another 2 months and then (maybe) switch to careprost (to put icing on the cake Smile). I am loving my longer and thicker lashes now and (maybe) with careprost, it will be so much longer and thicker. I LOVE RAPIDLASH! Thanks Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |