Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
DIY BHA/AHA liquid recipe for use with CPs? (salicylic/lacti
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I have extremely severe stretch marks covering the whole of my stomach and hip area, from my 1st pregnancy 10 yrs ago. I just gave birth to my 2nd (and final!) child 3 months ago and im now ready to do anything i can to improve these awful disfuguring deep, wrinkly scars that have plagued me for so long.

I know i may never completely erase them, but i want to try anything within my power to try to improve them as much as possible. Unfortunately i cant afford a tummy tuck, so im left with at-home treatments.

I intend to do some medium-depth TCA peels starting next week. I have everything on order so just waiting for my kit to arrive. Ive done a few 50 percent Glycolic peels on my stomach this past couple of weeks which i left on for 20 minutes but did NOTHING! Not the slightest bit of erythema let alone peeling! So i intend to do a 30 percent TCA. Hopefully this will be 'extreme' enough of a peel to actually have some effect. I dont mind the down time connected with such a strong peel - i just want to feel like something is having SOME positive effect at least, as the 50 percent Glycolic was like water - useless! I do have strong skin though =(

Anyway, ive also been looking into Copper peptides, which id liek to start using soon, and it says that you need to apply a daily Salicylic/Lactic product to the stretchmarks, aswell as your stronger peels weekly/fortnightly/monthly or whatever, to make the Copper Peptide cream absorb deeper into the scar and increase its effectiveness.

My question is: If im doing TCA peels fairly regularly, would you say i still need to use this daily weaker AHA/BHA product to ensure deep enough penetration of the Copper Peptides into the scars? Im presuming i do - but im concerned about over exfoliating (i dont mind pain/discomfort/peeling etc - but dont want to make the scars worse or anything!).

If im safe to go ahead with the Copper Peptide & daily AHA/BHA solution programme, along with the TCA peels, can anyone tell me how i can make my own Salicylic/Lactic combo liquid to put on my stomach?

Id like a concentration of anywhere between 8.5% Lactic / 1.5% Salicylic Acid to 10% Lactic / 5% Salicylic Acid - i dont think it needs to be exact. The recommended exfoliating product to use along with the Copper Peptides is 8.5% Lactic / 1.5% Salicylic Acid, but they do say that you are welcome to use stronger concentrations of AHA/BHA on body skin/stretchmarks if liked, for even stronger/more rapid results from the CPs.

I just cant afford the ready-made product aswel as the expensive CPs, so thought i could make my own very basic salicylic/lactic liquid product, seeing as its only going on my stomach rather than my face - but im not sure how to do it!

Can i add salicylic and lactic acid peel solution into aloe vera gel, perhaps? Or into a cheap body lotion? If so, how much would i need to add of each to how much base product to get roughly the correct proportions?

And does anything else need to be added to make the PH about right?

Id be sooo grateful for any advice anyone can offer - im new to all this DIY business! xxx

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Cross posted on SCT Smile
http://www.skincaretalk.com/diy-skin-care/31891-diy-bha-aha-liquid-recipe-use-cps-salicylic-lactic.html

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Is it not alllowed to post at both forums? I often dont get much response to my posts so thought if i asked at both communities i may catch someone who knows how to make a DIY lacsal product.

I really do need some help with finding a recipe. Im not having much luck with responses so far, which is rather depressing tbh!

Sorry if i broke any rules. PLMK if i need to poof.???

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, i did look on the DIY recipe database here before i posted this - but there doesnt seem to be a Salicylic/Lactic daily exfol product listed?

Pleeeease does anyone know where i can find a recipe?

Im at my wits end with these disgusting stretchmarks and just want to feel like im at least TRYING to improve them. I dont think the CPs will work w/o the daily AHA/BHA to help them penetrate deep enough, and i just cant afford the retail LacSal aswell as everything else.

Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
MissCleopatra wrote:
Is it not alllowed to post at both forums? I often dont get much response to my posts so thought if i asked at both communities i may catch someone who knows how to make a DIY lacsal product.

I really do need some help with finding a recipe. Im not having much luck with responses so far, which is rather depressing tbh!

Sorry if i broke any rules. PLMK if i need to poof.???

You didn't break any rules, hence the friendly smilie. I agree 100% that it's worth reading/ posting on both forums. My comment was for the benefit of anyone replying so that you don't get the same information rehashed, or the same person replying here and elsewhere. Also for lurkers or later searchers: if this post is relevant they can read all the responses you receive. Cool

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |