Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

effect of the photo rejuvenation on filler
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kck388

Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum. I am now 43, mother of two (8 yrs & 4 yrs). I had Restylane on my forehead to fix my forehead wrinkles and also fat grafting to correct my very deep laugh wrinkles.( I did this about 1 /1/2 years ago).
I am glad that my laugh lines are gone, but my forehead lines reappearing after about 9 months.

Recently, I notice, my facial skin becomes more yellowish or sallow in color, and also blotchy. The tiny spots on my upper cheeks becoming very obvious. I did not know if it is due to my recent detox program- Isagenix which has caused a change of my complexion. I lost few pounds in this program.
I am thinking of redoing the filler on my forehead, and at the same time of considering of either a photo rejuvenation at the doctor's office or buying the hand held device such as the lightism or DPL Therapy Photo Rejuvenation Light to give me a radiance and flawless complexion. I need advice.
1. is the DPL or lightism or the office photo rejuvenation will cause the injected fat or filler disappearing ?
2. What are the good treatments /skincare products other than filler that work on the forehead wrinkles?
3. I used Cellbone for 3 years.(vit c ,creams, and serums) I am thinking of a change. It seems it has lose its effectiveness. Is that true, that, our skin will get used to a certain products, and it will becomes less effective over some times ? What are the options for my aging skin.
4. Is there anything/ exercise that I can do to make my brow bone area less protruding( the chimpanzee forehead) My brow bone was not so prominent before, and over years, could it be loss of volume or the facial fat migration, my brow bone protrudes, a side profile of 45 degree angle like a roof over my eyes Sad
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I spoke to Allergan several months ago and they did tell me that any form of light therapy will slightly increase "deterioration" for want of a better word, of Botox -- so maybe this is the case for all fillers, etc - apparently it's not a huge increase, like you may get a few weeks less out of the Botox, nothing dramatic though.

Not that I seem to have a problem - I have a small amount of Botox put in my forehead once or twice a year and I also have reparative laser (to fix the botched laser I suffered from 3 years ago) 2-3 times a year.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I do recall reading a post on here where someone used their LED after getting botox and it completely cancelled out the botox.

It appears to be ok with filler though. Some offices will use LED therapy after injections to reduce swelling/bruising.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
That was me! Big mistake even after one person in the Baby Q customer service told me it was okay. I totally lost the botox and it did dissipate the results of my juvaderm or resty, can't remember which one I was using at that time.
When I called back and talked to the owner at Baby Q, he at that time said it was not recommended to use it on the site on directly on botox. Really, REALLY? After 800.00 later, not a happy camper.
Anyway, although I do still use my Baby Q, never on a Botox or filler area.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
That was me! Big mistake even after one person in the Baby Q customer service told me it was okay. I totally lost the botox and it did dissipate the results of my juvaderm or resty, can't remember which one I was using at that time.
When I called back and talked to the owner at Baby Q, he at that time said it was not recommended to use it on the site on directly on botox. Really, REALLY? After 800.00 later, not a happy camper.
Anyway, although I do still use my Baby Q, never on a Botox or filler area.

Thanks for all the replies. I am thinking of getting the handheld device like the Baby Q or Lightism, and just like you do, I will stay away from the nasolabial area where I had fat injected. By the way, how effective the Baby Q or other similar light therapy on treating the forehead wrinkles ? What about the ultrasonic handheld face massager on the filler ? Will it dissipate the filler ? I have one ultrasonic device which I bought after reading reviews elsewhere, but I have not used it ever since I had the filler.

Also, I forgot to add that, I also have dark circles and eye-bags which I had not have it before, even 4 months ago. It is just so sudden. I have used the Cellbone,Lierac, Olay Regenerist Roller, and the Loreal Collagen Miro-pulse, nothing seems to be working. What should I use ?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Although I still use my Baby Q weekly to keep my skin plump, it does nothing for fine lines/wrinkles. The only time my forehead is smooth is when I have Botox, just don't like getting it done very often. I try to go every 2-3 years to just smooth them out and then work on the lines with peels in between. I prefer a more natural look rather than the perpetually surprised look it seems to give me, haha.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |