Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Could this all natural face cream cause my skin to react?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I started using a new face cream about a week ago. My skin liked it for the first 3-4 days, felt soft and plumped. But after that, I started noticing the texture of my facial skin becomes bumpy like orange peel and i can see a few white heads and red patches on my two cheeks. Also there is dryness and slight burning uncomfortness in the past two days. But this cream is all natural and only has a few ingredients which are all good stuffs : Shea Oliein, Olive Squalane, Olive butter, Jojoba, Lavender essential oil. What could have caused the reactions?
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:25 am      Reply with quote
STOP USING IT! I had something like that with a natural cream (Weleda) many years ago and the damage took a long time to get rid of.
My guess is the cream is off, contaminated, and causing infection. The unpleasant point of natural creams is they have a very limited shelf life.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 am      Reply with quote
It could be the Lavender, which in some people can cause a reaction. Normally it is quite anti-inflammatory, but you could just have a sensitivity to it as many people do.

Also be careful with some essential/natural oils - lavender and tea tree are wonderful, but too much of a good thing can also be detrimental as these 2 oils are estrogenic - I'm sure there are others but these are the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Just because it is "natural" doesn't mean it is safe and not harmful. If that is the only new thing you added in and you are having that reaction, I would stop using it. A person can be sensitive to anything regardless if it is natural or chemical.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
ITA w/ rileygirl.

I know I couldn't that use, it would irritate my skin for sure.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
There is no reason to assume the product is rancid: more likely to be allergic or irritant contact dermatitis. There are numerous poisons, irritants and allergens found in nature. Could be the lavender oil, could be the oleic acid (see link), could be a combination of the two. Also could be proteins in the shea healing fraction - shea allergies are not unheard of. Our skin barrier needs long chain saturated fatty acids and cholesterol, which are not found in most plant oils. I don't therefore understand the logic of removing the stearic acid from the shea. Unless the moisturiser is only produced for Chagrin Valley to use up the unsaponifiables ...
"Abnormal follicular keratinization is involved in comedogenesis in acne vulgaris. ... application of unsaturated fatty acids, oleic acid, and palmitoleic acid induced scaly skin, abnormal keratinization, and epidermal hyperplasia [in hairless mouse skin]"
http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v124/n5/full/5602810a.html
Also bear in mind once the skin barrier is damaged, anything you apply thereafter can irritate even tap water. Could also be a combination of that moisturiser with another product in your regime.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |