Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Shadow always CREASES!! Which primer actually works?????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
erica1981
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!
Please someone recommend an eyeshadow primer that actually works! My eyeshadow has NEVER lasted all day long...as so many lucky girls claim with various products.
I'm currently using Urban Decay Primer Potion (everyone raves about this stuff!)....STILL CREASES, by late afternoon I have to touch-up. I have also tried Mac Painterly paint pot..the other Mac paint in the tube..both still creased.
I tried using regular face primers on my eyes too...(Sheer-cover and Monistat Anti-Chafe Gel).
I want to try some of the other products out there, but is it really worth the $$$ to find out it still doesnt work?
Let me know your thoughts....Thanks!! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried a specific eyeshadow primer? Or maybe the issue is something else in your skincare routine?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Don't know if it would work for you but I find concealer works better for me to prevent eyeshadow creasing and fading than investing in an actual eyelid primer. I use Mally or Amazing Cosmetics.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:57 am      Reply with quote
do you use any eye/skin care products on your lids? I find I cant use any eye care products or my makeup just wont last even with primer.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily eye lids too so I never used to wear eyeshadow. I have the UDPP too, but what I've best is long wearing, creaseproof eye shadow. I have some Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder (I like the EL better and their color selection is great). I also have to wear gel eyeliner. Even so called waterproof eyeliners smudge on me. HTH

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great luck with Too-Faced Shadow Insurance. They have it at Sephora, so if there's one nearby you can likely get a sample to try out rather than gamble your $$$$.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I second the opinion of trying to get a sample of Too Faced primer to try.

I got a free sample of the Too Faced eye shadow primer recently. I don't always remember to use it, but the couple times I have, it does work well. I've got a trip planned to a more humid environment, thanks for the reminder, I'll have to remember to bring it.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Use EL Double Wear eyeshadow and you won't need a primer as it does not crease.
sunlit
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I got some tips when I got my make-up done at Mac and she cured my eyeshadow issues Smile She used the paintpot as a primer. I bought the paintpot in a neutral colour and it's gold!! Love the stuff! The fact that it's a gorgeous neutral shade means I can use it on its own when I'm not using much make-up.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 am      Reply with quote
people says too face shedow premier works ....normally i use the cream shedow at the bottom...then use the powder one ...works well
miss_taken

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily eye lids and was constantly noticing that at the end of the day or night my shadow was gone or on its way out. I tried the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Candlelight Eye Shadow Primer and found it fixed that problem. The only thing I didn't like about it though was the 'shimmering gold color'. While it may look good on lighter skin tones, it doesn't suit me. I'd go for a colorless primer next time, but at least it works!
erica1981
5% products discount

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Miss-taken,
I think that Too-Face does make a regular shadow primer that is flesh colored. I have heard that Too-Face works, but I also heard alot of good things about Decay PP-which did not work for me. I wonder if there is a way to get a Trial size online or something? Maybe I will check it out. Thanks for the comments everyone!!!

5% products discount

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sunlit-
I also tried the Mac paintpot and I really liked it as well, but it never stopped my shadow from creasing. It has a great color and texture, and helps my shadow blend really well, but I have yet to find a product that will keep my makeup in place all day Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use Mac. Not the paint pot but the kind in the tubes. My shadow creases way less and lasts way longer.
kaloee
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 am      Reply with quote
That used to happen to me too! Then I started using Mary Kay’s eye primer and it helped stop the creasing. I’ve also found that it depends on the eyeshadow too.. Stila is silky/moisturizing so it always crease on me even with Mary Kay’s eye primer, whereas Dior and Guerlain’s eyeshadows were silky too but they would never crease on me when I wear primer.

When I ran out of Mary Kay, I bought the Mac paint in the tube, it doesn’t work as well as Mary Kay, but I apply a layer of loose powder over it before I put on eyeshadow. It helps to prevent creasing.
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use Mac Paint Pot. Ever since i used it, i can fall asleep, and wake up the next day, and my mascara, eye liner and eye shadow does not even crease or drop (under the eye).
I normally have oily eyelids and previously, nothing ever sticks on my eye, and i could walk out with perfectly made eyes, and end up looking like a raccoon 3 hours later...

I knew the Paint Pot works because one time i was waiting for a friend to arrive and i fell asleep at the couch for couple of hours, and woke up and ran to the mirror..and voila...my makeup was intact!

My cousin sister uses 'Urban Decay' eye primer..says its very good.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I saw very recently Urban Decay about this eyeshadow primer and the guy said that this will help stay your eyeshadows longer? I guess not! I was thinking of buying it too so that I don't have to re-apply... At EDS, I see that Bare Eccentuals has eyeshadow primer, maybe you can try this and let everyone know if it is good or not? Smile

erica1981 wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Please someone recommend an eyeshadow primer that actually works! My eyeshadow has NEVER lasted all day long...as so many lucky girls claim with various products.
I'm currently using Urban Decay Primer Potion (everyone raves about this stuff!)....STILL CREASES, by late afternoon I have to touch-up. I have also tried Mac Painterly paint pot..the other Mac paint in the tube..both still creased.
I tried using regular face primers on my eyes too...(Sheer-cover and Monistat Anti-Chafe Gel).
I want to try some of the other products out there, but is it really worth the $$$ to find out it still doesnt work?
Let me know your thoughts....Thanks!! Rolling Eyes
vmpyrchik

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
PopBeauty's Eye Magnet is the first eye primer I ever tried, and it's still my favorite.
Where I don't know if it's really recommended to put on the eye, DHC has a good (face) primer called Velvet Skin Coat.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |