Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I need a new hairdryer!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
donna17
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
My hairdryer just died after having it for almost 6 years!
Does anyone have any recommendations on a powerful hair dryer that leaves your hair looking fabulous?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
The top recommendations on flatironexperts.com are usually pretty good. Has all that fancy ion technology
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:01 am      Reply with quote
My hair is very thick, past shoulder length, and used to take ages to dry with other dryers. Then I splurged on the FHI "EPS 2100" dryer and love it, so far it's been going strong over a year now. It is pricey though and I think I had gotten a coupon code which gave me a bit of a discount.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have become quite the connoisseur of hair tools and have purchased/owned countless numbers of hair dryers(I currently have about 7 or 8 in storage and another handful that I've given to my sisters/friends). I had 'em all...Expensive ones, middle-of-the-road ones, funky ones with diffusers and attachments, etc. I have a lot of hair.... it's long but fine and has a tendency to frizz. Additionally, I wanted one that was fairly quiet and lightweight. For the amount of hair I have, I can't use something that weighs a ton because fatigue invariably sets in. I'm very picky with many things... my hair is one of them (much to my hairstylist's chagrin). I moved in with my sister last year and decided to raid her bathroom. I came across her "Chi Rocket" dryer and was hooked. I "borrowed" it from her for several weeks before I found out I had some upcoming meetings I would have to attend out of town. Panic set in... I wouldn't have access to her blow dryer for a week Shock

...So I bit the bullet (it's quite pricey) and ordered one from Amazon. I don't use mine every day (I live in Arizona and let it air dry whenever I can), but I absolutely love it. I notice a difference in my hair when I use it.
OK, I just googled it to make sure I was giving you the right info and saw that overstock (dot) com has it for a great price - $119-. I paid about $160 for mine on Amazon last year. It is the Farouk CHI Rocket Professional Low EMF 1800 watt model.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious Kitten, could you give us the names of some of the other brands of dryers that were your absolute favorites before this? This really isn't for me.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
KittenInTheMitten
5% products discount

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sure thing... some of the ones I've had include the Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000, Conair Infiniti, Babyliss Tourmaline Compact Folding Dryer, Hot Tools Tourmaline Ionic 1875 and the Babyliss Pro 2800 Porcelain Ceramic 2000 watt. Probably my next favorite, after the Chi Rocket, was the Babyliss Pro 2800 porcelain ceramic. It dried my hair super fast and was great quality (it's still alive & kicking after a few years, despite being dropped more than once Smile ). The only thing I didn't like was that it was kinda heavy. Other than that though, I would have to say it is my 2nd favorite.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kitten, I forgot to thank you! I was actually asking on behalf of a friend who happened to see your post, and she found your response very helpful. Cheers!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
There are a lot of reasonably priced dryers at Target, etc. I've used Revlon driers the last few years, read their tourmaline dryer is a T3 knock off.
KittenInTheMitten
5% products discount

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Hi Kitten, I forgot to thank you! I was actually asking on behalf of a friend who happened to see your post, and she found your response very helpful. Cheers!

My pleasure Lori
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've purchased very expensive dryers and lately I bought one - ionic technology with other bells & whistles at TJ Maxx for 29.99 and it is fantastic. I would check out those kinds of places.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |