Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eye liner on lower lid ok?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
donna17
5% products discount

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I always put eyeliner on my lower eye lid. Does anyone else do that? I like the more dramatic effect that it gives. Is this ok to do? I am not sure why or how I started doing it!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I think it depends.

I don't like black eye liner on my lower lids..but it looks nice on some people.

I used to use a greenish gold colour and line the top and bottom of my lids with that.
It looks very nice if you have brown eyes-but not really a look to do every day as it is quite dramatic.
-haven't done that in a while as it is time consuming.

I am not so sure there are as many makeup rules thesedays though- people seem to have all these crazy looks.

I think if you wear a lot of eyeliner, do not use as bright lip product or it might be too much makeup?
I usually use just lip balm or gloss, and have done quite a few bright eyeliner looks last year- like red eyeliner, yellow,orange ect.

but if you work in an office it is better to stick to the classic colours .
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Did you mean from an aesthetic standpoint donna17, or from a health one from using kohl/gel on your waterline? As far as health goes, there are threads about steering clear of some of the ethnic kohl brands, only using pencils that actually say "kohl" on them, etc.

I agree that anything goes as far as looks go. I find that I can't wear dark eyeliner on my lower waterline or underneath - its too harsh for me.. maybe due to my close set eyes and small face. But yeah, the greenish-gold is easier to work with underneath.
Kate (omg I forgot what to call her, the princess?) wears a lot of dark liner, which I guess is what the British do, and seems to make it work. Camilla though.. shudder.
I'd love to be able to wear a full smokey eye with a ton of whatever colour smudged underneath and am sure there are ways to pull it off. It just takes time & experimentation.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone know of a decent drugstore (or even upscale) brand of flesh-coloured eye kohl? White is too bright for me.
YAY to makeup talk on EDS!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I just tried a kind of smokey eye look with a dark lavender eye shadow and it looks very nice on brown eyes (I have brown eyes and olive skin tone).

but the eyeshadow I have it is not for sale yet (it was a sample w a mineral order i placed).

but it is a darker grey/lavender with no sparkle!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Why not experiment? Some days I use no liner on the bottom but heavy black on the top. Other days I do a smudgy, softer brown all around my eyes. Sometimes thin, very dark brown on top and bring the line only around to the bottom outer third. If you're still not sure, take pix of yourself.

Makeup should be fun!
miss_taken

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wear eye liner on my lower lid but not much any more. I do like the dramatic effect it creates but I always find myself accidentally rubbing my eyes and smearing it all over.
Black is nice, but I'm a color fiend so I find myself gravitating towards blues, purples and reds. Pair that with a swipe of eye shadow and it's very runway chic Smile
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I've always only worn eyeliner on my lower lids! I like to smudge it abit on the upper lids. I hardly wear any make up at all but always have to have eye liner.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |